PDA

View Full Version : Which Star Wars Titanium Series 3" still need to be done

JediTricks
02-28-2006, 06:22 PM
This thread will cover the whole saga, so feel free to comment on the ones you want to see turned into Titanium Series 3" vehicles.

Because LFL and Hasbro scaled back on Ep 2 merchandise, there were no new Ep 2 molds for the die cast line, so the Titanium Series 3" vehicle line cannot go back and borrow old molds for it the way they have with the OT vehicles and Ep 1. Hasbro has produced a Republic Gunship, but that was also in Ep 3 so it's no surprise they did that one. So which Ep 2 Titanium Series 3" vehicles could they do?

Naboo Royal Cruiser
Coruscant Speeder (Anakin)
Zam's Speeder
Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter
Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter w/ hyperdrive ring (or better yet, removable ring)
Airbus
Naboo Royal Yacht
Acclamator-class Republic Assault Ship
AT-TE
Geonosian Starfighter
Cliegg Lars' Swoop Bike
Dooku's Speederbike
Hailfire Droid
Homing Spider Droid
Dwarf Spider Droid
Dooku's Solar Sailer

Warstar
02-28-2006, 06:25 PM
I think you covered most of them there.

I think it'd be cool if they made the Drop-Ships that dropped off the AT-TE's (i.e. make an Action Fleet scale Drop Ship with an MM scale AT-TE :p)

Otherwise, still hoping for an AT-TE and an AOTC Jedi Starfighter...

They could make one in Plo Koon's colors, too, since that's in ROTS :D

JediTricks
02-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Look at the AF Republic Gunship, there's no way that thing would be small enough to be the dropship for the AT-TE. I think they could pull off the dropship scaled to work with the AT-TE in this line, look how big the Imperial Shuttle is.

Ok, let's do what Titanium Series should be done from the entire series, I'll change the thread to fit.

Oh, and they should really release the Naboo ships, including the Royal Starship, in chrome.

Warstar
02-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Chromed ships would be AWESOME! I mean even the pewter Naboo Royal was chromed.

I doubt they'll do it- and how do you want to bet that if the Naboo Royal Cruiser from Ep. 1 is re-released in the Ultra Titanium line it'll be flat metal? :whip:

JediTricks
02-28-2006, 06:45 PM
There are already "raw metal" chrome/silver-paint ships in the line, Slave I just got the silver treatment, and they did gold tone on the Vader's TIE, so I really think it wouldn't be much of a stretch to get silver onto those Naboo ships.

The Action Fleet Naboo Fighter was designed for vac-metallizing (chroming), I can't imagine them doing it any other way.

Slicker
02-28-2006, 06:48 PM
To be honest I'm not sure what has and hasn't been previously made so I'm gonna give a list of my wants and you guys can point and laugh because some of them have already been made. Here goes:

Executor
Mon Cal Cruiser
Rebel Transport (like the Bright Hope)
Rebel Frigate
Tantive IV
Republic Cruiser (Radiant VII)
Trade Federation Battleship
Invisible Hand
MTT
Trade Federation Dropship
Hailfire Droid
Spider Droid
Greivous Wheel Bike
Greivous Starfighter (the one Obers takes)
Cloud Car
JSF with Hyperspace Ring
Geonosian Fighter
Gungan Sub
Sandcrawler
Outrider (hey it was in ANH so I can hope)
B-Wing

I think some of these in my list have been made but like I said I'm not too sure.

Also, they aren't in any order (as if you couldn't tell). I just typed them as they came to me.

BountyHunterScum
02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Executor has been made, sandcrawler has been made, Radiant VII has been made.

Warstar
02-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, Silver isn't Chromed, really- I thought you were talking about Mirror-finish chrome. Ah well.

Otherwise, the following have already been made in DIE CAST in the old Galoob line, slicker, so there's a good chance we'll see them in the Titaniums line as time goes on:

Executor
Republic Cruiser (Radiant VII) - coming out soon anyway- Shown at Toy Fair :)
Trade Federation Battleship
Sandcrawler

Look for 'em on Ebay under Galoob.

It'd be AWESOME to see an Outrider, but that ain't gonna happen :(

I'd still like to see a Metal Virago...3" OR 6"...

LTBasker
02-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Only ones I can think of that haven't been named are...
Coruscant Taxi
Seperatist ship from E3 with that huge disc on top. No clue what it's name is, but they included it in the Battlefront game.
V-Wing
EP3 Shuttle
Droid Fighter with open wings
Vulture Droid with open wings
Wookiee Catamaran
Seperatist treaded Tank (the ones they were using to invade Kashyyyk's shore)
BARC Speeder with Adi Gallia
Speederbike with Clone Trooper
(mostly, I'm just throwing stuff out there that's overlooked :p)

Repaints I'd like to see...
Galoob's green A-wing paintscheme
Galoob's Rogue II paintscheme
White DV TIE
Mace's purple Jedi Starfighter

Preferably in a 5-pack so the Rogue II Snowspeeder doesn't have a chance of sitting alone. :p

As for expanded universe ships...

Moldy Crow
Raven's Claw
Outrider
Virago
Z-95 Headhunter
E-Wing
TIE Defender
TIE Advanced (different than Vader's ship)
Imperial Gunboat
Imperial Missileboat
Clone Tank
Clone Fighter (Clone Wars)
Swoop with Dash Rendar

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 10:58 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing speeder with CLone armored Obi Wan on it.

ascmclarencoupe
03-01-2006, 11:21 AM
What about a T-16 Skyhopper?

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 06:26 PM
I came on here to say "Cloud Car", "Grievous' Starfighter", and "Rebel Blockade Runner", but I see those have been covered. :D

Well, Silver isn't Chromed, really- I thought you were talking about Mirror-finish chrome. Ah well.They're partly chromed and partly painted nifty bright silver, I'd allow the bright silver paint but they COULD do the chrome finish too.

WS, you're a genius, Outrider would be AWESOME!!! That and the Virago, that'd be niiiice.

Droid Fighter with open wings
Vulture Droid with open wingsBasker, the wings on those DO open already. They don't transform to walker mode, but they do slide apart.

LTBasker
03-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Oh ok, I thought I read in a thread awhile ago that the wings couldn't open, my mistake.

We still need a Droid Fighter rerelease. :p

Warstar
03-01-2006, 07:25 PM
How many ships were there in AOTC anyway? There are so many in that background battle on Geonosis that I suspect there's fodder for years to come...

I mean we got T-16's because there were a finitie number of ships seen onscreen in the Original Trilogy and they ran out of material.

However, with Episodes 1, 2 and 3 (and ALL of the Coruscant traffic scenes), there's a virtual cornucopia of ships that could be made into toys!

I suspect, by and large, Hasbro has to stop and think "What would sell? What wouldn't?"

I think Hasbro should make a Fan's Choice Titanium- like they did with the Power of the Jedi / Saga figures, because then we'd *hopefully* see a rare ship that we all like made into the 3" or 6" scale Titanium- and I'm not talking about re-hashes or repaints- I mean full-fledged- never-before-produced in die-cast metal ships.

What do you think? :p

SHOPPING MAUL
03-01-2006, 10:30 PM
I agree with you Warstar, hasbro should make a fans choice titanium.
With us voting for a new a 3" or 6" titanium, we're almost guaranteed
a brand new never before produced ship or vehicle!:yes:
For me, if it was 6", i'd vote for the EP2 Obi-Wan Jedi starfighter with the
hperdrive ring(removable). If it was a 3", i'd also vote for the same
Obi-Wan ship.

Blue2th
03-02-2006, 07:50 AM
How about a Nemoidian or Trade Federation Shuttle? Also I would like to see the Naboo ships in true chrome also.

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 06:43 PM
They had partially constructed a Trade Federaton shuttle for the Ep 1 Action Fleet line, but it didn't make it to full fruition because the line was halted (plus it's BARELY noticable in the movie, they had no idea at the time that we'd see it more in Ep 2).

BountyHunterScum
03-09-2006, 07:49 AM
I came on here to say "Cloud Car", "Grievous' Starfighter", and "Rebel Blockade Runner", but I see those have been covered. :D

They're partly chromed and partly painted nifty bright silver, I'd allow the bright silver paint but they COULD do the chrome finish too.

WS, you're a genius, Outrider would be AWESOME!!! That and the Virago, that'd be niiiice.

Basker, the wings on those DO open already. They don't transform to walker mode, but they do slide apart.

They never made a Metal Rebel Blockade Runner or Cloud Car.

Blue2th
03-09-2006, 08:14 AM
A die-cast Cloud Car was made (I have one) though it is a little bigger than Titanium size.

jeddah
03-09-2006, 09:34 AM
B-wing? I love the B-wings, dem.

Swivelling canopy and s-foil opens and closes. I'd save for that! :love:

jeddah

Jangu Fett
03-09-2006, 10:47 AM
More Sep ships from the opening battle over Coruscant. V-Wing Fighter, Grevious Wheelbike and Starfighter. Republic dropship- the one seen on Utapau. And maybe a Fire Speeder.

BountyHunterScum
03-09-2006, 03:48 PM
A die-cast Cloud Car was made (I have one) though it is a little bigger than Titanium size.

Well titanium/die cast MM they never made either vehicle.

britcit3
03-09-2006, 04:03 PM
What about AOTC Naboo cruiser?

Or how cool would a titanium Invisible Hand be?

Trade Fed control ship ROTS re-paint anyone (come on....they've got the mold)?

BC3

Warstar
03-09-2006, 07:51 PM
A Trade Fed Droid Control ship in Blue would be nice...I thought I read that it was going to be made somewhere? I don't remember.

The Cloud Car that everyone is talking about is a Vintage one- there was a Die-Cast made of it back in the day.

I still happen to have my old Die-Cast TIE Bomber from back then :D Used to be worth a lot but not so much now (unless it's sealed and mint).

Other Die-Casts made in the Vintage line (excluding the Micro Collection) include the Snowspeeder, Falcon, Star Destroyer, Darth's Tie (round center pod- repaint of regular TIE), Regular White TIE Fighter, X-Wing, Y-Wing, Landspeeder and the Slave 1. Those are all the ones I remember.

I used to have them all save the Darth's TIE and Cloud Car- and I beat the crap out of them playing with them! (My Snowspeeder has no cannons on it anymore, my Y-Wing is missing its bomb and the wings are broke where they connect to the body of the ship, my Star Destroyer is missing its COM Towers/Shield Generators and the little Blockade Runner ((which I remember losing down a friend's house heating grate back in the day)), my X-Wing has no wings, my TIE is missing the chair attachment thingy...I think my Falcon is the only one to survive but it's scratched here and there- oh yeah! The engine plate on one side broken and there's a hole visible...The TIE Bomber has some scratches but it's STILL in GREAT shape!).

Ah, them were the days :)

Back on the Titanium front- I agree that a Titanium Grievous's Invisible Hand Cruiser would go well paired with the Venerator (RAC :P)

JediTricks
03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
I meant others had said them here, not that they had been made.

BountyHunterScum
03-10-2006, 03:10 AM
I meant others had said them here, not that they had been made.

Oh ok. We definitely need capital ships though. Invisible Hand, all white repaint of Venator Star Destroyer, Acclamator, Imperial-1 Class(current star destroyer is type-2 from ESB), Victory Class, Interdictor with magnets in the gravity well domes to "simulate" the gravity well effect. I don't know if anyone noticed but the Titanium Star Destroyer is actually the improved version from ESB on, the middle sensor/tractor beam scanner whatever tower is standing up on the type-1 ship and the engines have 3 baffle plates on the edge of the type 1's engine cones. Of course Home One and Liberty Mon Calamari cruisers. They should try expanded universe ships too, Eclipse Super Star Destroyer from Dark Empire and Moldy Crow from Jedi Knight game. Even Jerec's Vengeance Super Star Destroyer from that game.

sicqnus
03-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Mmmmh, lots of vehicles and starships to choose from...
I also would love to see more Capital ships. A tiny Nebulon B or Blockade Runner would be awesome. The DC Bongo prototype was an eye catcher to me. Would love to see it going into, production.

Acclamator cruiser.
Invisible hand.
AOTC JSF.
AT-ST.
Homing Spider droid.
Anakin & Zam speeders.
AT-TE.
Medical Frigate Nebulon B (Rebel & Imperial).
Rebel Blockade Runner.
Organa Blockade Runner.
Imperial Landing Craft.
Bongo Gungan Sub.
V-wing fighter.
Droid gunship.
Palpatine's Theta shuttle.
Separatists Recusant destroyer.
Separatists Munificent destroyer.
Grievous fighter.
Trade Fed Landing ship.
All Naboo cruisers.
Coruscant freighter.
MC-80 Calamari.
MC-90 Calamari.
Z-95 Head Hunter.
AAT.
Anakin's Pod.
More pods...
Tie Defender.
Tie Phantom.
E-wing fighter.
Jabba's Barge.
Geonosian fighter.
IG-2000.
Escape Pod.
Cloud Car.
Mon Remonda.
Bespin.
Interdictor class Destroyer.

Solar sailer ?...

Jangu Fett
03-10-2006, 03:37 PM
What about a Wookie Catamaren, Bail Organa's speeder, AT-PT (Pod Walker), AT-UT (Unstable Transport), SPHA-T, Trade Federation Core Ship and that half circle speeder that Ani and Obi-Wan flies?

I'd love to see a Eclipse Class Star Destroyer, and Dreadnaught done from the EU

JediTricks
03-10-2006, 05:36 PM
I guarantee you that Hasbro would never notice the difference between the ANH ISD and the ESB version (which is doubling for the ANH one in that very Titanium, and Galoob is the one to blame for that :D).

Lots of good ideas in here, maybe we should compile the list and forward it to Hasbro.

Warstar
03-10-2006, 06:33 PM
It's obvious with the "Galactic Hunt 2006" that Hasbro is appealing to older collectors (20's-40's or older, etc.)

I think they'd be pleasantly surprised by sales if they made ships that have good "displayability" like Capital Ships versus always making the "playability" ones- like the 5 gazillion X-Wings and TIE's out there.

Personally, I am so stoked for the TIE Interceptor it's ridiculous, though :D

I think we've covered all of the ships I personally would like to see made now :p Get the list to Hasbro, JT :lipsrseal

DarkArtist
03-12-2006, 02:10 PM
I would like to see the following:

Death Star II:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Super Star Destroyer:thumbsup:
Rebel Blockade Runner:thumbsup:
Imperial AT-ST:thumbsup:
Rebel B-Wing
Clone Wars Animated Starfighter:thumbsup:
Clone Wars V-Wing

EU Stuff

Moldy Crow
The Outrider

gman13579
09-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I would love to see the naboo royal yacht. That is my absolute favorite ship from the naboo royal fleet. I would also agree with a chrome finish would be amazing. And if it could have landing gear would even be better.

Blue2th
09-02-2010, 06:57 PM
This is an old thread but what the heck huh. We got a few made we wanted mentioned earlier, but I would still like to see some ones that haven't been done yet too.

I would like to see that Royal Yacht too. From Episode II right?

There's a couple of capital ships that are always in the Clone Wars and were in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

Munificent Class Banking Clan Frigate:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Munificent_TCW.jpg

Acclamator Class Rebel Assault Cruiser:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:AcclamatorII.JPG

gman13579
09-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah I know it's pretty old I just wanted one for a long time. Yes it is from episode 2. Does anyone know what they will be releasing for the 2011 models yet? They have so many ships left to make lol. I wonder why then never did a star trek series either.

gman13579
09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
they also never did the eclipse super star destroyer. what an amazing capital ship

Darth Duranium
09-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah I know it's pretty old I just wanted one for a long time. Yes it is from episode 2. Does anyone know what they will be releasing for the 2011 models yet? They have so many ships left to make lol. I wonder why then never did a star trek series either.

I completely agree with you guys: the Munificent, Acclamator, and Naboo Yacht are the most M.I.A. from the Titanium lineup. I'd kill for a Naboo Yacht. There's a few major Coruscant speeders and transports missing too.
Agreed, an Eclipse would be sweet.

Sorry to say this Gman but the Titanium line ended (put "on hiatus" by Hasbro) and the last wave shipped in February/March. No more are slated for release.
Have you checked out the Wizards of the Coast ships or the DeAgostini line? A good way to fill in some empty slots.

Blue2th
09-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Like DH mentioned there's a few ships from Star Wars that Wizards of the Coast made, though sometimes the plastic on them is warped. I've got a couple of them that were never made in Titanium, and they are pretty much the same size.

Those D'Agostini's look cool too, you'll have to check some pics of them out in the "Atlas D'Agostini" thread..
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36304

There's also going to be some gaming Star Trek ships coming out too..
http://www.gamesalute.com/?p=2578

We discuss all the small Star Trek ships (some bigger ones too) in a "Small Scale Star Trek Ships" thread, if you're into that..
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=40415

btw: welcome to SSG gman.

Darth Duranium
09-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Agreed! Here's a pic of a mix of Titanium, WOTC, and DeAgostini CIS ships mixed together, for an example.

gman13579
09-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Thank you for the welcoming. The ships from Wizards of the Coast look good they just need more. I wish someone would make larger models of these ships I just love the royal naboo fleet. Also why didn't they make anything from star trek that would really sell.