Jarhead - 2 Disc Edition

March 14
A History of Violence

March 28
King Kong - 2 Disc Edition
Robot Chicken Volume 1

UKWildcat
03-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Wow. I forgot about these threads... Good job on the resurrection Rocketboy.

Well, if I buy anything this month it will be King Kong and Tales from the Crypt Vol. 3.

I will definitely be renting more titles this month than purchasing.

James Boba Fettfield
03-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Been awhile, hasn't it?

March 21
Tales from the Crypt - 3rd Season

Have a few others I want, but have not committed to purchasing them.

Rocketboy
03-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I thought of it earlier when I realized that this month is first time since Christmas time that something will be coming out that I want to buy.

JimJamBonds
03-02-2006, 12:38 AM
I picked up Walk the line today does that count? :D

Blue2th
03-02-2006, 07:35 AM
Looking forward to King Kong. Though I think I will rent it first, in hopes that an extended extended version comes out later. Love those 4 hour Peter Jackson movies.

Exhaust Port
03-02-2006, 09:09 AM
You can forget this:

March 7th
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I will definately be purchasing this one!

2-1B
03-02-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm all burned out on DVDs, I'm not going to buy many anymore....I used to buy wayyyy too many, then finally got that under control, and now that I'm more of a renter and a conservative buyer, I still don't have time to watch 80% of the movies I DO own.

So for me to buy one in the future, it will have to be highly rewatchable and not for the sake of "collecting."

El Chuxter
03-02-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm with Caesar, though I picked up Walk the Line, and will be getting HP4, Lady and the Tramp, and likely King Kong this month.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-02-2006, 11:58 AM
March 7: Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire (2 disc edition)- MAYBE Jarhead
March 14th: MAYBE History of Violence (need to see the two Maybe's)
March 21st: Capote
March 28th: X-files Seasons 4,5, and 6- King Kong (2 disc)

Gonna be an expensive month!!

General_Grievous
03-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Boy I missed these threads. Glad to see it back. March 7th: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 2 Disc March 21st: South Park Season 7 March 28th: King Kong 2 Disc (this sure came out fast), Robot Chicken Season 1 And I hope to rent Jarhead and A History of Violence.

Blue2th
03-02-2006, 08:01 PM
So for me to buy one in the future, it will have to be highly rewatchable and not for the sake of "collecting."
I am getting the same way. It has to be a movie that I enjoy seeing many times. I usually don't buy DVD's right away because there is usually a Director's cut soon afterwards. Another thing that I absolutely hate is buying a DVD and having previews on it. I didn't pay all that money and then watch advertizing for another movie. That's another reason I'm turned off from buying them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-03-2006, 01:20 PM
I'll be getting Harry Potter for sure, and maybe the King Kong 2-disc - I don't know if waiting for an even longer version is worth it.

El Chuxter
03-03-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm cutting back, but I just learned that two more Miyazaki films (Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro) are coming out in 2-disc editions next week. No way I can pass on anything by one of the greatest animators of all time.

Rocketboy
03-03-2006, 04:48 PM
March 28th: King Kong 2 Disc (this sure came out fast),Yeah, but about 4 months seems to be a pretty average time between theaters and DVD these days.

Blue2th
03-03-2006, 06:03 PM
I'll be getting Harry Potter for sure, and maybe the King Kong 2-disc - I don't know if waiting for an even longer version is worth it.
The Harry Potter DVD will be good as all of them have been. I'll rent the 2-disc King Kong first. You know Peter Jackson will have a Director's cut of an already long movie. One things for sure, we'll get our money's worth either way. I'm gonna hold out for the over-extended version. The LOTR extendeds gave alot more, and were well worth it. I think more movies should be made longer like his. Though from seeing the deleted scenes of ROTS, it's probably just as well we didn't get an extended version of that one.

El Chuxter
03-03-2006, 07:11 PM
I'd have taken a shorter version of ROTS, with much of the "hilarity" in the first part excised.

2-1B
03-03-2006, 07:56 PM
WHAT ? The hilarity is awesome, a nice balance. I think that Captain Ronatar is going to yer head, Chux. lol

Or if you mean just the droid humor, then I won't argue. :lipsrseal

El Chuxter
03-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Droid humor all the way. That should've been left on the cutting room floor. Actually, it should never have been thought of, so it shouldn't have been on the cutting room floor to begin with.

I'd take extending the film slightly, though, to include the two legitimately funny lines cut from the second half:

"I was trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku."
"What a coincidence. I trained the man who killed Count Dooku."

And. . . .

"Execute Order 66."
. . . "You could've told me that before I gave him back his bloody lightsaber."