PDA

View Full Version : My Home mini collection photos

slothfurnace
03-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Thought I'd post a pic of my mini collection I keep at my house, I keep a Vader ANH, Obi Wan AFBB, Luke ANH, and a Anakin ATOC at my desk at work. I'll post pics of that soon.

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Very nice display sloth.

Gorlag
03-02-2006, 09:44 AM
That's a very nice collection! :)

slothfurnace
03-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Thanks folks! Will add pics of my office digs soon.

slothfurnace
03-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Here's what i have at work..

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Very nice, love the droid window

Maxu3x
03-02-2006, 10:23 AM
I have an AFBB mini too. I prefer it over the ANH because it blends in better with the rest of my minis as well as has a clean look.

nash
03-02-2006, 02:11 PM
very nice, i miss those little suckers

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Cool displays! What's the dust-collecting situation on these? I have been wondering, so far I've left mine in their boxes and just open them when I want to see 'em.

I'm really glad I haven't ended up with the gold-tone ones, I just want the regular versions and wouldn't know what to do if I got one.

Maxu3x
03-02-2006, 05:31 PM
jeditricks, you should get display cases for yours. They look great in them.

slothfurnace
03-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Once we get moved into our new house, I plan on building a shelf with a glass door to keep the dust off my minis. I'll prolly mount it to the wall, make it out of walnut or cherry wood or something nice....

Till then, I have to sweet talk my wife into dusting them for me.

slothfurnace
03-02-2006, 08:10 PM
And here they all are together,, not pictured is my Obi Wan ROTS mini.

Maxu3x
03-02-2006, 08:21 PM
It's nice that you placed the anakin rots next to the luke anh. Kinda makes me wanna weep. I dig the full maul. I'm always admiring mine as well.

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 09:41 PM
I wish I could afford a display case for 'em... or space for the case. :D

After cleaning out the fuzz in the Mace one, I realized I couldn't let 'em get dusty 'cause I'd never fix it, so for now they gotta stay in their packages - luckily they're nice packages.

I see the gray stuff on the Dooku saber, that's really odd, I wonder what that's about and I'm glad it's not on the Tyranus one.

nash
03-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Cool displays! What's the dust-collecting situation on these? I have been wondering, so far I've left mine in their boxes and just open them when I want to see 'em.

I'm really glad I haven't ended up with the gold-tone ones, I just want the regular versions and wouldn't know what to do if I got one.

That's an easy one ! Sell it and buy two more regular minis with the money!

jedi master sal
03-03-2006, 07:38 AM
JT, if you ever find any of the gold ones, PLEASE keep me in mind. I'm trying to complete a set of these. I'm only about 1/3 of the way there. I'll try to make it worth your while.

-Sal

slothfurnace
03-03-2006, 08:30 AM
- I see the gray stuff on the Dooku saber, that's really odd, I wonder

- what that's about and I'm glad it's not on the Tyranus one.

JediTricks, That's just the visual difference between the Dooku and Tyrannus sabers from ATOC and ROTS. They chromed that grey part for the ROTS movie.

Maxu3x
03-03-2006, 08:47 AM
that gray above the pommel on the dooku is not in the films. I paused AOTC to get a clear shot at his saber and it looks like the tyranus one. It's also the same for ROTS.

JediTricks
03-03-2006, 03:31 PM
That's an easy one ! Sell it and buy two more regular minis with the money!
There's really that much demand for them? I've never sold a single piece of my collection before either, only some light trading.

I guess part of my concern is that if I got a gold one, I'd be bummed because I'd then have to order another one and wait another week again. :(

That's just the visual difference between the Dooku and Tyrannus sabers from ATOC and ROTS. They chromed that grey part for the ROTS movieI hadn't noticed it was un-chromed in AOTC though. Got any actual movie prop photos showing this? I'm super glad I got this ROTS one and not the AOTC, I prefer the ROTS look.

that gray above the pommel on the dooku is not in the films. I paused AOTC to get a clear shot at his saber and it looks like the tyranus one. It's also the same for ROTS.Hmm, that just adds to the confusion on this piece. I wonder what MR has to say about it.

Maxu3x
03-03-2006, 03:50 PM
I sent them an email asking what the difference between the two were and they didn't respond back to me. They also refuse to make a LE ROTS because they know they messed up the first time and want to leave it at that. They will probably make a CE that looks like the tyranus "movie accurate" prop.

JediTricks
03-03-2006, 04:00 PM
I dunno, look carefully at the movie photo on this page:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/countdooku/?id=eu

The pommel looks shiny chrome but the part just before it looks silver but not chromey.

Maxu3x
03-03-2006, 04:07 PM
That's probably not such a good look at it, but I still see chrome where the gray is supposed to be. I suggest taking a look at the film and seeing for yourself.

JediTricks
03-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Got a specific frame to cue to?

Maxu3x
03-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Here http://simonz.web.elte.hu/wallp/geo-dooku.jpg

JediTricks
03-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Not really a frame, and since the gray part is still metal it'll shine, just not be reflective like chrome, so I am still not totally convinced one way or the other yet.

Maxu3x
03-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey Sloth, do you have any LE's or are you just into the minis?

slothfurnace
03-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey Sloth, do you have any LE's or are you just into the minis?

No, I have an Icons Skywalker Saber, but I don't have any of the MR full size sabers. They're just too darned expensive, plus, the ones I would want sell out too fast. I'd love to have the Luke New hope LE, the Obi Weathered New Hope, or the Vader New Hope Sabers, but they're pretty hard to find at a price I think I can justify.

nash
03-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Dude you can find the MR Vader ANH for $300-$350 if you are patient.

FalconFreak
03-11-2006, 12:20 AM
And here they all are together,, not pictured is my Obi Wan ROTS mini.

Those are nice all together like that. I noticed you don't have a Luke ROTJ. I just picked one up at toynk.com - man it is a nice saber mini. I rank it up there with the full minimaul as far as coolness/quality factor goes.
:yes:

slothfurnace
03-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Those are nice all together like that. I noticed you don't have a Luke ROTJ. I just picked one up at toynk.com - man it is a nice saber mini. I rank it up there with the full minimaul as far as coolness/quality factor goes.
:yes:

Yeah, I was going to pick it up with a coupon I have, but I don't see it listed on the MR site anymore :(

I guess there's always eBay.

FalconFreak
03-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I was going to pick it up with a coupon I have, but I don't see it listed on the MR site anymore :(

Man, I'm telling ya - www.toynk.com. In stock now. $30something (sorry, can't remember exact figure). It's sweeeeet.

:thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-12-2006, 07:50 PM

I picked it up off ebay for $27, was happy with that transaction. Here's the exact same auction I bought it from, dutch auction, 10 more left, (you can see my name is the only guy who bought one :D ): http://cgi.ebay.com/Master-Replicas-Luke-Skywalker-EP-VI-mini-Lightsaber_W0QQitemZ6572959916QQcategoryZ37889QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Maxu3x
03-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know if boba fett ever uses his blaster in the movies? if so when?

Sith Lord 0498
03-19-2006, 12:41 PM

He does in one scene in The Empire Strikes Back. He's the one who takes a couple shots at Luke right before Leia screams "Don't, Luke! It's a trap!"

JediTricks
03-19-2006, 02:41 PM
If you're asking about Fett's blaster pistol, no he doesn't, but Sith Lord is right about Fett using the blaster rifle.

Maxu3x
03-19-2006, 03:04 PM
I thought boba only had that blaster rifle. I didn't know he had a pistol like jango

Sith Lord 0498
03-19-2006, 04:50 PM
I thought boba only had that blaster rifle. I didn't know he had a pistol like jango

I never knew Fett had a smaller blaster until I bought the Series 3 Bust-Up. Do we even see that pistol in the movies? I only remember the blaster rifle.

JediTricks
03-20-2006, 03:17 PM
He wears a totally different kind of pistol from Jango's, where Jango's are fancy and sleek, Boba's is the opposite - utilitarian and straightforward, with a small stock on the back. The 300th Fett figure has it in a holster on his right hip, it's BARELY noticable even on the figure. The gun does appear in some of the photos of Fett in the SW Chronicles if I remember correctly, and I think he is wearing it in ESB at least.

Jayspawn
03-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Its in the SW Chronicles alright. They have a few great pages on Boba Fett. The 300th Fett figure wears it on his side, in some of the photos though, its in a small holster underneath his jetpack.

Boba's blaster is more like a small hand pistol.

JediTricks
03-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Under the jetpack? Is it possible the holster simply slipped back a little? I should check this Fett section out again, I need to refresh my memory.

Jayspawn
03-21-2006, 06:19 PM
The holster is on a small sling so likely it was just pushed back for the photos.