PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Two Packs????

jaxx
03-03-2006, 01:06 AM
SO.......
According to Rebelscum, there are going to be "buy one get one free" two packs of the 3" titanium vehicles.
Has anyone heard of this??? If you have, do you know where to find these? Who will be selling these? I gotta know!!!!
Check out the link...

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/vehicle/update_titanium_series_spotlight_96305.asp

Kidhuman
03-03-2006, 01:09 AM
I heard about 2 packs, but never saw them.

figrin bran
03-03-2006, 01:21 AM
i'd like to know too because i would definitely buy these. unfortunately, no one seems to know very much about them. even on the RS boards, there's not much in the way of info regarding these.

vectorx
03-03-2006, 02:46 AM
didnt they stop producing vehicles from the 2005 wave 1?

Kidhuman
03-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Yes they did stop, like any other wave, it gets sent and then it is gone for the next.

Warstar
03-03-2006, 05:57 PM
I think the general concensus amongst us "Older" collectors is that the 2-packs got canned because the Titanium Series line is selling so well. Had Titaniums been pegwarming I think we would have seen these 2-packs as a means to pull and restock the pegwarmers.

If they are still coming out then they will appear shortly, since the Jedi Starfighter (Green) shown is from the recently released Mass Retail Wave 4 (though it is shown in the Wal-Mart Wave 4 packaging in RebelScum's photos)

With no new Star Wars ships scheduled for the Titanium line until after May (Wave 6, May '06 apparently does NOT have any new Star Wars ships- though they do contain Battlestar Galactica ships) the two-packs may be something that would allow late-blooming collectors to get an X-Wing or other ship from the older Wal-Mart Exclusive waves.

The question, to me, is: What version of the packaging will they be in? Will they retool the X-Wing package and bring it out in a modern Titanium Series pack or keep the old Wal-Mart Star Wars packing (as seen in the RebelScum photos)?

We shall see :)

Slicker
03-03-2006, 07:13 PM
I'd like to know if there's gonna be a rhyme or reason to them or if they'll be like the old ROTJ 2 packs and just be random.

LTBasker
03-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Maybe these will be exclusive to somewhere? Wave 1 didn't show up at a whole lot of Wal-marts, at least around here. If you visited the average wal-mart around here you would think Titaniums started with the Tri-Droid/AT-RT/etc. wave.

So, hopefully it's surplus of wave 1 along with produced but unshipped surplus of wave 4 in original packaging. Which I would be VERY happy to get if they're just shrink-wrapped together since I really want wave 4 to complete the carded set and definitely need openers of wave 1.

Warstar
03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I'd like to know if there's gonna be a rhyme or reason to them or if they'll be like the old ROTJ 2 packs and just be random.

Look closely at the pics...

The names of the ships in the pack are printed on the cardboard mock-up. This means they will NOT be random- at least if Hasbro sticks to this design. I would think that a random 2-pack would not list the ships in the pack on the package.

I doubt very much we'll ever see these at retail- at least not until the Titanium Series individual sales go down a lot...

LTBasker
03-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't know, I could see these as some sort of special value pack promotion like the Clone Wars 3 3/4" 2-packs.