PDA

View Full Version : An idea for how to do EU

El Chuxter
08-21-2001, 05:49 PM
It boils down to this: (for the most part) EU fans want EU figures, and EU non-fans don't want them in the POTJ line. The best way to handle such figures might not be in a separate line, though, but in special waves devoted entirely to EU. These would consist of four or five figures (like the regular waves) from one given book, comic, game, or theme. These could be interspersed in the "regular" waves at a rate of one or two per year and, since they'd be POTJ figures, could be mixed into future assortments of existing characters, if desired. When photos of a character are available, Force Files should include them. Vehicles could be occasionally released as well. Also, since there'd be more than just two or three characters (as with the previous EU line), they'd be easier to display (or play with).

Here's a few waves I can think of:
Zahn Trilogy
Talon Karrde
Jorrus C'Baoth
Khabarakh/Rukh two-pack
Gilad Pellaeon
Borsk Fey'la

Young Jedi Knights/New Jedi Order (so named because the figures can apply to either)
Jacen Solo
Jaina Solo
Lowbacca
Tionne
Anakin Solo/Tahiri two-pack

Rogue Squadron
Wedge Antilles (dress uniform)
Nawara Ven
Ooryl Qyrrg
Ysanne Isard
X-Wing Fighter w/ Green CorSec Markings and Corran Horn in flight suit

Ewoks Adventures
Cindel Towani/Teek two-pack
Noa
Marauder
King Terak
Charal

Holiday Special
Chewbacca's Family Cinema Scene (Lumpy, Itchy, Malla)

Thoughts, comments, other potential waves?

jedi master sal
08-21-2001, 06:16 PM
Please no holiday stuff !!!!!!

evenflow
08-22-2001, 08:19 AM
Hey.... I am all for the WOOKIE FAMILY I would love to see a cinema scene with Mala, Lumpy, and Itchy.

Here is some more.

Crimson Empire

Kir Kanos
Carnor Jax
Death Trooper
Sish Sadeet

Tales of the Jedi

Nomi Sunrider
Vima Sunrider
Ulic-Quel Droma
Exar Kun
Master Vido Siossk Baas
Freddom Nadd
Tott Donneeta

evenflow
08-22-2001, 08:22 AM
Shadows of the Empire (please finsih the line)

Jodo Kast
Leebo
Guri
Spero

El Chuxter
08-22-2001, 11:40 AM
It's not officially Shadows of the Empire, but a second line based on that story would be a perfect excuse for a Mara Jade as Arica figure!

JediCole
08-22-2001, 12:26 PM
Though I personally have no use for the Expanded Universe, I still recognize the appeal to fans of the comics, books and television specials. I'm something of a purist having been around when the closest thing to EU in the Star Wars Universe was "Splinter of the Mind's Eye", you know, the novel stupid people swore blind was going to be the sequel to Star Wars (it wasn't "A New Hope" yet back then. It wouldn't be the sequel because it lacked both Han and Chewie). Anyway, I concur with the concept of an independant line for these characters. Much like Shadows of the Empire or the previous EU line. Simply call it Star Wars: The Expanded Universe and give fans a mix of characters from comics, novels, and television with each assortment instead of concentrating on a single source with each assortment. That would be the strength and staying power of such a line.

Rollo Tomassi
08-22-2001, 12:47 PM
New Jedi Order

Yuuzhan Vong warrior
Kyp Durron
Corran Horn Jedi Knight
Jaina Solo: Rogue Squadron

JediTricks
08-22-2001, 01:17 PM
The idea of an EU line separate from POTJ would hurt both lines, as stores would order less of POTJ to buy the EU, which would lead to Hasbro being forced to produce full waves of figures instead of releasing them when they're ready. Also, if there was a separate EU line, it's cases wouldn't replenish the POTJ figures, who would sell out more since stores would be buying less POTJ cases. With EU mixed into POTJ, if an EU figure isn't selling as well, but there's still some demand for it, it can be shipped in further waves like Chux points out, but with an EU case, it'd continue to ship and ship until it became a pegwarmer.

I think the figures should be released as soon as possible, don't wait for the designers to make companion figures, they may take 3 or 4 more months for that, get the toys out there now and let the buyers show Hasbro what's popular.

Obi-Don
08-23-2001, 06:35 PM
I would really like EU figures and make them easier to get a hold of without paying 20,30,50$ for . That ****es me off!:mad:

evenflow
08-24-2001, 08:29 AM
Well, I think that a few EU figures thrown into POTJ cases every once and a while would not be a bad thing. They could have their own cards, but ship in the same assortments.

Darth Cruel
08-25-2001, 01:36 AM
I can't see the need for a different card. It is all Star Wars. What would be the problem with just mixing EU figures in with mainline ones. I fully believe there would be no significant change in the production of mainline figures. If Hasbro wanted to put more out...they would. I would like to see them test market a larger wave that included some EU stuff. Figures AND vehicles, 3 3/4" AND 12". Did the first EU attempt bomb so badly that Hasbro is affraid to commit to more? I certainly don't remember any of them becoming peg warmers, at least not o the extent that a few of the mainline figures did. (I wonder if Hasbro is ashamed of the first Lando)

evenflow
08-27-2001, 08:13 AM
The only reason why I say the different card, is because they are Expanded Universe. All they need to do is reuse the EU cards that were originally used. It would make alot of people happy to have an assortment of EU figures mixed in every one and a while.

Eternal Padawan
05-23-2002, 10:31 AM
If we could come to a consensus about 4-6 EU figures that EVERYBODY wanted instead of each person naming the most obscure and unfigure worthy character they can think of, maybe Hasbro will eventually pump some of these out. Maybe.

I just want a Corran Horn figure.

QLD
05-23-2002, 11:51 AM
I want them ALLLLLLLLLLLL

It would be hard for me to choose just one figure, there are so many I want.

Darth Evil
05-23-2002, 01:21 PM
I second the vote for Corran Horn (especially if he's a Jedi Knight version), I'd like to see Pellaeon and Joruus C'baoth too.

evenflow
05-23-2002, 04:26 PM
I think that we are doomed until after Episode III comes out for another EU line. I hope we wont have to wait that long.

MikeAndTheBots
05-23-2002, 04:50 PM
I got an idea
Dark Forces, DF: Jedi Knight, and Jedi Knight 2
Kyle Katarn (with a blue saber, and a couple different blasters, his bryar pistol and maybe the repeater from JK2)
Jan Ors (she can come with bionoculars and a storm trooper rifle)
Jerec (from JK, lightsaber)
Desaan (Jk2, lightsaber)
Tavion (JK2, lighstaber)
A figure for each phase of the Dark Trooper too. I think there were two different phases and then one unique phase for the final boss of DF. New sculpts please.