PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Titanium "Sleeper" Vehicles

Warstar
03-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Which Star Wars Titanium ships do you see as being "sleepers-" that is, they are being passed up (for the most part) now but will be popular in the long run?

My #1 choice is the Speeder Bike with the Biker Scout. Why? With Luke on Speeder Bike and Leia on Speeder Bike announced at Toy Fair 2006, if you want to display these opened you gotta' give Luke and Leia something to chase after or be chased by- and if Hasbro does not re-release the Speeder Bike with Biker Scout then there won't be any anywhere by the time Luke and Leia are released.

With this in mind, I picked up a Biker Scout Speeder Bike last night- so I'll have 2 opened to make a nifty display with someday. I may pick up a 3rd Speeder Bike with Biker Scout if I can find one, too. 'Round here, Titaniums are scarce!

My #2 and #3 choices are the Vulture Droid and Droid Tri-Fighter respectively. With 4 colors of ROTS Jedi Starfighters already released (and the fans pushing/pulling for a 5th Color- the Purple Mace Windu version as seen in the Clone Wars cartoon series), they'll need something to chase when you display them. I'm going to pick up an extra Vulture Droid tonight if there's one still at the only store in town where Titaniums are on the shelves for just that reason.

These are my Top 3 "Sleeper" ships- ones that will probably be harder to get as time goes on even though they are/were relatively plentiful at retail.

Otherwise, I think the 5-Pack repaints will also be popular in the years to come, as well as the Star Destroyers and Republic Assault Cruisers. These are all different beasts, however- and it appears that 5-Pack number 4 will have a Star Destroyer in it for all those who missed them in Wal-Mart's Wave 2 last year.

Speaking of which-

Everyone who's catching up on Titaniums that does not have the 5-Pack number 2 with the "Raw Metal" TIE Bomber should go to Wal-Mart.com and order one, NOW. Go there and search for "Star Wars Die-Cast" and you'll find them for $19.99. Good luck there! They are probably close to selling out...

SO! What are your "Sleeper" ships? Why?

Kidhuman
03-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Cant really say because I have mine MIP. I do love the speeder bike. Made sure I grabbed that one. Luke and Leia will be nice to add to that. I also like the wookie flyer and the sith infiltrator.

jonthejedi
03-04-2006, 05:46 AM
KH...what was included in the WalMart 1st 5-pack? I may not have purchased it since I had most of the singles. There have just been three 5-packs so far, right? I guess you saw my post where I turned up an Ultra, WalMart only gunship yesterday. I just need the X-wing, now.

LTBasker
03-04-2006, 02:27 PM
The first 5-pack was AT-RT (Silver), yellow Jedi Starfighter, red Jedi Starfighter, Tri-Droid fighter and blue highlights Republic Gunship.

As for sleeper vehicles, it's actually pretty hard to tell because around here all the Titaniums are snatched up quickly after being put out.

figrin bran
03-05-2006, 12:50 AM
everything out here gets bought up except for the turbo tanks and so there really aren't sleepers.

i picked up a speeder bike at WM today for the very same reasons that Warstar did. when i first saw them sometime in january, i thought they'd warm the pegs but i guess not and so i thought i better be safe than sorry.

Warstar
03-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Good call, Figrin- esp. since it seems that they won't be shipping with any other waves any time soon...

jonthejedi
03-05-2006, 05:24 AM
I looked at quite a few in January, and passed...thinking they'll be around...guess what, they're not. I wished I'd picked up the yellow Naboo starfighter, but I didn't. I still see landspeeders & swamp speeders hanging around from the old group. I wish Hasbro would rerelease the WalMart-onlys from the beginning group.

JediTricks
03-05-2006, 05:03 PM
My #2 and #3 choices are the Vulture Droid and Droid Tri-Fighter respectively. With 4 colors of ROTS Jedi Starfighters already released (and the fans pushing/pulling for a 5th Color- the Purple Mace Windu version as seen in the Clone Wars cartoon series), they'll need something to chase when you display them. I'm going to pick up an extra Vulture Droid tonight if there's one still at the only store in town where Titaniums are on the shelves for just that reason.On the Droid Tri-Fighter, that thing sold like hotcakes everywhere I heard about, unless it gets a rerelease where it bombs, it's not a "sleeper".

As for the Vulture Droid, it is out of scale and looks kinda 'meh', not exciting, I doubt there will be much interest in it for the future. I'm shocked that they've finally started drying up around here though.

The Clone Turbo Tank is now the only longterm pegwarmer in the entire line in my area.

I will say that the Royal Starship with its 3 gimmicks and accurate sculpt will eventually be a "aww, why did I pass up that?!?" sleeper hit.

Warstar
03-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Huh- The Droid Tri-Fighter was one of the LAST ships to go here in Wal-Mart Wave 2. The fact that it turned up in a 5-pack made it more accessible and awesome though.

I agree about the Naboo Royal, but I have yet to see any new ones.

I won an auction on Ebay today where I got the Green JSF, Battle Falcon, Wookie Flyer and Darth's TIE (normal) for $12.99 with $6.99 shipping= $19.98 total= Retail price per each ship ($4.99 and a 1/2 cents each!) :D Made me happy.

I'll have an extra standard Darth's TIE to hoc though...I couldn't let that auction end for anything less than retail with shipping- to do otherwise would be uncivilized :D

I still plan on getting cases from AFXpress though- assuming they don't sell out when I finally get the cash...*crosses fingers*

DarkArtist
03-12-2006, 01:04 PM
out here in Jersey the pegs are warming with the wookie flyer, millennium falcon, blue jedi starfighter, sith inflitrator, queen's starship.