PDA

View Full Version : Silver Slave 1/"Ultimate Galactic Hunt 2006"

VidKidd
02-28-2006, 12:46 AM
thats right folks. today my local target got in Two silver edition Galactic hunt SLAVE 1 titanium series. I must say this looks very very cool. I know some of you may not believe sense im new for the most part and i have no pictures, but i will sortly as to my main computer is not working.so i have no way to upload pics from my camera on this computer. So heres just a little note to let everyone to start to keep an eye out for the limited items.

Slicker
02-28-2006, 12:47 AM
I believe ya. I saw on another forum that someone found them as well.

BTW, welcome aboard.:thumbsup:

VidKidd
02-28-2006, 12:50 AM
thanks. ive come to this site off and on for about two years, then became a daily thing when the ROTS line came out so i figured it was now time to post as well.thanks for the welcome.

JEDIpartner
02-28-2006, 09:00 AM
He's a lurker no more!!! :)

Darth Cruel
02-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Welcome VK - And may TUGHF (The Ultimate Galactic Hunt Force) be with us all.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-01-2006, 09:42 AM
These things are stupid. I picked up a GH Titanium Clone Transport thing from CWII and the only thing different from a regular one is that it has a shiny TITANIUM sticker that says "Limited" rather than "Series" I hope the Saga 2s arent this rediculous.

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 08:06 PM
These things are stupid. I picked up a GH Titanium Clone Transport thing from CWII and the only thing different from a regular one is that it has a shiny TITANIUM sticker that says "Limited" rather than "Series" I hope the Saga 2s arent this rediculous. Well, there's the whole "different paint job" thing too which is the entire point, it's got that cartoon paintjob with the big mouth around the guns and other changes. What's great is that if you don't care for it you can leave it sitting and still have every vehicle.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Really? Because I saw 4 or 5 others with the regular stickers on them.......maybe Ill have to check again.

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 09:49 AM
I found the UGH Slave1 yesterday. Quite a nice piece. Basically a raw metal Slave1.

Sith Lord 0498
03-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I found the UGH Slave1 yesterday. Quite a nice piece. Basically a raw metal Slave1.

Wasn't there already a raw metal Slave 1 in a previous WM-exclusive 5 pack gift set?? If so, now they're rehashing bonus vehicles??!! Wow... :)

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 11:12 AM
AT-RT, TIE, Falcon, thats all I remember.

ascmclarencoupe
03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Wasn't there already a raw metal Slave 1 in a previous WM-exclusive 5 pack gift set?? If so, now they're rehashing bonus vehicles??!! Wow... :)

Nope, the three Wal*Mart 5-packs raw metals were the AT-RT, TIE Bomber, Millennium Falcon, and the next 5-pack (not released yet) is supposed to have an AT-AT.

Personally these raw metal vehicles just don't do it for me. I don't mean any disrespect to the completists out there but to me it's strictly a marketing thing and I won't bother with them. I don't have a problem with the re-paints and I will buy those even if they don't represent a known vehicle such as that strangly painted upcoming Millennium Falcon because I suppose something like that could be possible in the SW universe, but these raw-metal ships do not represent anything at all.

Warstar
03-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Personally, I like the Raw Metals as purely display pieces to highlight the sculpts. I wish they didn't make GOLD ones AND Silver ones, though, as this tends to be reminiscent (SP) of so many other toy lines that did the same thing that DIED because of it... (Spawn Series 16- Nitro Riders with Gold and Silver bikes, the OLD Micro Machines multi-packs that had Bronze and Silver ships, etc.)

It'd be better, IMHO, if they just released the Silver or Gold ships in the 5-packs as bonus ships or as packs in and of themselves- I don't think the Slave 1 as an individual Silver "Raw Metal" ship was such a good idea.

Anyone else remember the following disaster(s)?

Star Wars Silver Micro Machines Pack (http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-MICRO-MACHINES-8-PIECE-SILVER-BOX-SET_W0QQitemZ6011820909QQcategoryZ50272QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem)

Star Wars Bronze Micro Machines Set (http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-Micro-Machines-27P-BRONZE-COLLECTORS-GIFT-SET_W0QQitemZ7012352334QQcategoryZ16483QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem)

Etc.

*SIGH* Wonder how many Silver (and/or Gold) Titaniums we'll see before the line dies...

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Really? Because I saw 4 or 5 others with the regular stickers on them.......maybe Ill have to check again.
The only ones I've seen all have the chromey sticker, including the one I own. If there's one with a regular sticker, technically those are the variant, maybe they are going to do "rare" ships with shiny sticker at first, then when they rerelease them in later cases they'll do 'em with regular packaging.

Sith Lord, no previous raw slave I, the 3packs were raw AT-RT, raw TIE Bomber, and now raw Falcon.... which if I had looked at the next page i would have seen answered already. :p

I like the look of the raw Falcon, TIE Bomber, and now Slave I, but the raw AT-RT totally looked "meh" to my eyes. I can't help it, I like a clean "shiny" look for vehicles even when it's not accurate. As long as they don't do a bunch at once, I won't mind. Then again, so far I haven't bought a single raw metal (a complete misnomer BTW, the actual metal is a zinc allow I believe which is dull gray).

Sith Lord 0498
03-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Saw the UGH raw metal Slave 1 myself today at several stores. One WM Supercenter actually had an entire peg of them (must've gotten several Titanium cases in stock last night).

shinakuma43
03-03-2006, 04:52 PM
I personaly don't like the raw metal ships very much and haven't seen the slave 1 yet. I just got confirmations today from Entertainmentearth.com and AFX that some of my assortments are on the way (I initially ordered them through EE and the day after they sent the first case and charged the full shipping amount for the entire order I found out AFX had them for almost 25.00 cheaper per case. The assortments didn't seem to match exactly so I just ended up ordering from AFX as well.). So I'm sure I'll have the slave 1 and others from the assortment really soon. At least I won't have to worry about missing out on any of them, oh and I should have some extras in case anyones having trouble finding them. I'll average out my cost, the EE cases are about 12.00 above retail and the AFX ones are about 12.00 below retail which makes them average at about 5.00 each, then factoring in shipping paid they'll be about 5.75 or 6.00 each. I think there won't be a problem finding any of them, I found the last 2 waves with no problem and saw them at pretty much every store I went to after I had them, I think that's the way it works anytime I preorder something though, lol.

If anyone wants to preorder upcoming waves, actionfigureexpress is the place to do it. 48.99 per case and they have 3 assortments with Battlestar Galactica ships mixed with Star Wars. I didn't order those ones though since all the Star Wars ships are already on other cases I ordered and I'm already going to have more extras than I'd like. Now I know what will happen, I'll see all the Star Wars ones in stores but will never see the BS ones. I'm amazed at how I never learn from previous mistakes, but if I don't find them it's not a big deal. I haven't even seen a single episode of the show yet.

Later,
S43

Warstar
03-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Heh-

There are still some Wave 3 ships sitting at K-Mart here with $9.99 price tags (though I bought another Speeder Bike with Biker Scout last night for $4.99 :p)

I want to order from AFX but the cash is low, dang it...

We'll have to see what happens.

I call dibs on your Wave 4 and Wave 5 extras if I need them though :p

(And I probably will!)

Scackmgack
03-04-2006, 02:31 PM
So, I found AATs, Royal Starships, Sith Infiltrators, Wookie Flyers, and silver Slave 1 Titaniums this morning on the Target run.

On the front of the silver Slave I package is one of the Ultimate Galactic Hunt 2006 stickers with the stormtrooper helmet that we've all seen on the boxes for the new VOTC figures coming out soon.

What I want to know is: is the form to send away for the George Lucas as Stormtrooper figure inside the package for the silver Slave I, such that I can send away for the figure now? If so, I am ripping this baby open. Otherwise, I might return it.

Slicker
03-04-2006, 02:41 PM
I think it takes 5 UPC's from the VOTC figures to order the Lucastrooper.

Kidhuman
03-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Yes, the VOTC are what you need for the Lugash trooper.

The Slave 1 is just a 1 per case thing and is shortpacked similar to the HW treasure hunt cars. A scalper dream.

Warstar
03-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Actually, according to the AFXPress and Entertainment Earth case listings, the Slave 1's are 2 per case. :p

And answer my PM so I can pay you :D

Kidhuman
03-04-2006, 04:48 PM
PM answered.

Warstar
03-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Cool- thanks :)

So if we can't order Lucas with Titanium Proofs, whats the point of having the "UGH" sticker on them?

Darn Hasbro.

Kidhuman
03-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Becasue they are limited items most likely. Someone found the gunship UGH and has it for trade in the trading section.

Slicker
03-04-2006, 06:15 PM
The basic figures are going to have the UGH moniker as well but I'm pretty sure they can't be used to redeem the figure. They're just short packed and shiny so that'll get people to buy them.

Sith Lord 0498
03-05-2006, 12:27 PM
It's just a gimmick for the short-packed chase variants in the Titanium and 3.75 inch line. Only the VOTC figures are eligible for the Lucas Stormtrooper offer.

JediTricks
03-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Cool- thanks :)

So if we can't order Lucas with Titanium Proofs, whats the point of having the "UGH" sticker on them?

Darn Hasbro.
"Ultimate Galactic Hunt" is a reference to the treasure hunt-style marketing campaign for the silverized packaging basic figures, for 4 exclusive sets (2 vehicle, 2 multipack), the 5 VTSC figures and its mail-away 6th figure, and the "special" repaint Titanium Series 3" vehicles, not just the VTSC and its mail-away.