PDA

View Full Version : Why Darth Maul?

Lman316
01-23-2002, 11:44 AM
This may seem like a stupid question - or may have been talked about before - but I was wondering: why would a bigoted-only-enlist-human leader of the Empire have an alien as his apprentice?
Was it because Palpatine (because I'm one of those people who see Sidious and Palpatine as the same person.....I know there are others who see that different) could forsee Darth Maul dying anyway? Like D. Maul was just a pawn or something?
Just thought it was kinda interesting...

Fulit
01-23-2002, 12:36 PM
Maybe the failure of Maul and other "alien" apprentices and cohorts developed his distrust of aliens, so then he decided to only employ humans.

derek
01-23-2002, 03:58 PM
the real reason why maul appeared the way he was is because lucas wanted a cool but scarey looking villan in E1. the fact that this contradicts the OT dosen't bother lucas at all. in the "nifty edition" (ode to JT) special editions, aliens will probably be digitally inserted as imperial officers.:D

Darth Evil
01-26-2002, 06:41 AM
That...would suck :D .

Bel-Cam Jos
01-26-2002, 11:50 AM
Maybe Palpatine liked aliens until the failures of the Neimoidians and Maul spolied it, plus having Jar Jar as a Senator. And the phone bills for the calls back home of the ET Senators? Ugh! :rolleyes:

Or... PALPATINE is a clone of an alien human species! Ahem. :frus:

GNT
01-27-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by derek
aliens will probably be digitally inserted as imperial officers.:D

I cant wait to see a Pacithhip Imperial Officer :)