PDA

View Full Version : Attakus Death Star and Dagobah Dioramas and others

Tycho
03-06-2006, 03:58 PM
I have to say the pictures of the Falcon on the Death Star and X-wing crashed on Dagobah with its unique swamp and trees make these tempting. I can only guess how expensive (and even over-priced) they will be. This is what many of us attempted to do all along with Hasbro's stuff, and now Attikus comes along and does it better, and at the same scale. There's may not be poseable, and it's supposedly metal (alternative read: The Titanium Collection from Hasbro) but this stuff looks seriously tempting. I don't think I'll go there. But I'm feeling a weakness already.

rich_of_the_dead
03-06-2006, 04:09 PM
where are the pics please? ya know a link or where i could find them?:yes:

Tycho
03-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Follow the links from the main page (home) on SSG to StarWars.com (the official site) and they have the pictures (although sadly still too small) in their report. They do show some Attikus employees standing around their work however and it helps you check out the awesome scale of these things.

JediTricks
03-06-2006, 05:00 PM
The pics in the sw.com report are clickable to full-size, and there's even a gallery at the end.

These dioramas look great, and I'm confident they'll be so incredibly expensive that only a handful of collectors will ever get them, but that Death Star Hangar setup looks soooo good. Of course, the amount of work they put into these things says that never in a million years could Hasbro produce playsets at even a tenth the quality of these, they couldn't make it affordable which is why we'll never get an in-scale Falcon (the design they came up with for just that starboard side of the Falcon is over 4 feet long, and it doesn't hit the apex of the rear end of the ship so an in-scale Falcon would probably have to be 5 feet long and 3.5 feet wide - no way Hasbro could do this).

Slicker
03-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I had seen pictures of these months ago and was totally blown away. I believe that I may have started a thread or added to an existing thread but either way these are amazing and I would gladly kill a daddy long legs to get one. (hey, spiders are ugly and if I'd said a small puppy you guys would've been mad at me)

Tycho
03-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Of course, the amount of work they put into these things says that never in a million years could Hasbro produce playsets at even a tenth the quality of these, they couldn't make it affordable which is why we'll never get an in-scale Falcon.

So it's happened. All of us have officially become designated as the cheap-azz SW collectors because we don't (won't) get Attikus and Hasbro has now officially become the K-Mart Collection for our hobby. Attikus is clearly the Niemann-Marcus, and I suppose SideShow is sort of the Nordstrom in between.

rich_of_the_dead
03-06-2006, 07:15 PM
thank you tycho they ar really cool pics

Turambar
03-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Yes, they do look amazing. I really cant even imagine the price, though. The website lists the 3 3/4 figures that go with the dioramas at over $71! Just for the little figures! Could these things top the $1k mark? Man do they look cool though. . .

jedi master sal
03-08-2006, 12:48 PM
That's the "rumor" I've heard, that this set will indeed be over $1K. Hell, if I can get it without the figures and just the Falcon and diorama, I may just bite on this one. While I have no doubt my talents are up to the task, I'm certain too that the cost to make something close to what Attikus has done would be about the same. So to save time at least, it may just be an alternative to buy this set.

-Sal

Sith Lord 0498
03-09-2006, 11:16 AM
I forget which site it was, but there was an overseas on-line retailer selling the diorama (not the figures...just the diorama piece) for $3,000.

EDIT: It was Toy Palace. I just found the page. It costs $2,951.67. To see for yourself, go to www.toy-palace.com and look under "Star Wars...statues and busts...Attakus Metal"

Tycho
03-09-2006, 11:36 AM
JediMasterSal, I'll help you get this one. I'll GIVE YOU the $.67 cents. OK?

I just want to come over and look at it when you receive your order.

anti-hero
03-09-2006, 01:07 PM
What a shame that a scaled MF is finally happening and it's so expensive. The price Toypalace listed is for both so if you can find an online retailer that'll sell em seperate then you might be able to skate by with less if (like me) you'd settle for the Falcon alone. Still, no way i'll ever be able to get this.

Personally I'm hoping that Hasbro will give up part of the liscense (like they did with the sixth scale figures) for the larger vehicles to some other company. I'd pay the 5 or 6 bills for an accurately scaled plastic MF with detachable roof so that it opens up and you can see the entire interior. Of course that'll never happen, but it's been a dream of mine ever since I was a kid. Even when I was 7 years old playing with my Falcon the scale bothered me. Heh, I was a scale Nazi then and i still am now!

jedi master sal
03-09-2006, 02:20 PM
By 5 or 6 bills do you mean $500 or $600? Yikes.

I'd pay $100 for an acurately scaled Falcon, but that isn't happening.

I knew that, so that's why I bought one fo the TRU 6ft Falcon's a few years ago. Along with the many dioramas that I plan on building, I also plan on creating an interior for this Falcon, so it will be one HUGE playset.

anti-hero
03-09-2006, 04:47 PM
If you consider that 6 or 7 years ago the Naboo Starship went for 100 retail, and that the Falcon (to be the correct scale) would have to be at least 2 or 3 times that big (width especially) and adding in that every vehicle now made is some kind of exclusive and therefore the SRP gets jacked up automatically...I don't think that 5 or 6 hundred would be too far off the mark. But considering it probably will never happen anyway it's a moot point.

I'm sooooo jealous you got one of those Falcons! The ones around me didn't sell them that I know of.

Slicker
03-09-2006, 04:50 PM
The price for the Falcon is going to be a couple of THOUSAND dollars.

dindae
03-09-2006, 06:54 PM
So Tycho the fact that it comes with a scale mouse droid can't sway you? lol

JediTricks
03-09-2006, 10:43 PM
$3000? But don't you have to buy this in 2 sections? Would that be $1500 each section or $3k per section? I expected $1k, anything over that seems impossible to me just because I can't imagine them really expecting anybody to pay that much. :p

Sith Lord 0498
03-09-2006, 10:52 PM
$3000? But don't you have to buy this in 2 sections? Would that be $1500 each section or $3k per section? I expected $1k, anything over that seems impossible to me just because I can't imagine them really expecting anybody to pay that much. :p

I was under the impression that it was all one piece. The Toy Palace listing, in either case, was for the entire piece. If there are two sections, I'm sure it'd be more like $2,000 (Falcon) and $1,000 (DS hallway) because of how detailed and intricate the Falcon is.

Doesn't matter...still far, far, far too expensive for most of us.

JediTricks
03-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Definitely a 2-piece set, here's a quote from the story...

"According to Attakus Art Director Etienne Aillaud, the Falcon two-piece set, which is comprised of the Falcon and the Death Star hangar (sold separately), was chosen to launch the series because of its significance within the A New Hope storyline."

Tycho
03-10-2006, 12:54 AM
So Tycho the fact that it comes with a scale mouse droid can't sway you? lol

It doesn't really? Does it? (Tycho checks his wallet with deliberate urgency)

plasticfetish
03-10-2006, 01:02 AM
Hmmm. I saw pics of this thing in a Japanese toy mag ad about a month ago, and wondered about it. (Photo from the magazine below.) The Japanese shop has it listed for 480,000 yen (about $4000) so I assumed that it was large, but not 4" scale large. Wow. Looks like the figures are sold in sets of four. This place has them going for about $330 per set.

...Attakus stuff isn't cheap, so no big surprise there.

edit: there's some other photos here... http://www.blister.jp/item3469.html

Tycho
03-10-2006, 04:11 PM
That looks so good. You know I want it and am thinking about how I could afford it...:rolleyes:

dindae
03-10-2006, 04:55 PM
That looks so good. You know I want it and am thinking about how I could afford it...:rolleyes: Yes you can always take a loan out on your house. :thumbsup: Here is the pic I wanted to post earlier for your motivation.

Tycho
03-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Oh Wow! An Attikus Mouse Droid! :love: I'm in love!