PDA

View Full Version : General info direct from Sideshow

Darth Cruel
03-07-2006, 04:19 PM
I have been contacting Sideshow a lot lately, in an attempt to understand their process a little better. So, I figured aI would start a thread instead of continuing to post it here and there in the forum.

The latest info I was curious about was edition sizes. After having 6500 piece sizes, I was concerned that the 4000 piece size for Kit Fisto was a bad sign. My concerns were gone after I found out that the edition sizes are pre-determined (which I suspected due to Sideshow's ability to post the final 100 on the bar graph), and the normal edition sizes of Sideshow products in general is 3000-5000 pieces. So Kit's wasn't small, some of the others' were just large.

So keep buying them everyone so that the line NEVER dies!

Darth Cruel
03-08-2006, 05:39 PM
OK, this one is not DIRECT from Sideshow. But it is from Sideshow via an article from SciFi.com:

We know the subjects of the five sub-categories of the Sideshow Star Wars 12" figure line. But there have been a few different lists of the actual names of them. And I for one am very curious to know what the actual names will be. According to Sideshow's production manager, Brandt Bridges, (as of February 23), they are:

The Order of the Jedi (No news there)

The Lords of the Sith (has been listed)

The Heroes of the Rebellion (No news there)

Military (doesn't sound like the whole name to me)

and Scum and Villains (I'm not too hip on that one and hope he was not saying the actual final name but another discription of the sub-category)

He went on to mention that Kit Fisto was the first choice to be the SDCC exclusive figure. But that response to Luke and Anakin was so strong that they thought a unique figure would upset collectors and so (as has been posted in other threads) there will be a "legitimate variation" of an existing character.

He also went a little further with the info that a lot of us suspect or know that the line is doing so well that they intend to produce "unique body-shaped creatures, (I read this as aliens not Banthas, and Rancors), driods and Stormtroopers".

Here is a link to the article.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=34722

Oh, and Kit Fisto had a 5000 piece edition size. I just noticed the typo in the first post.

Reefer Shark
03-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Interesting stuff. It does look like Sith eyes Anakin could very well be the exclusive, but what about Endor Luke? I could see that as an exclusive too since it's just a variation of Jedi Luke.

Sith Lord 0498
03-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Interesting stuff. It does look like Sith eyes Anakin could very well be the exclusive, but what about Endor Luke? I could see that as an exclusive too since it's just a variation of Jedi Luke.

That's very likely as well. It wouldn't be the first time a cloth accessory was integral to an exclusive. Look at the PF Grievous and first two LOTR 1/6 scale figures...all had cloaks and capes as exclusive accessories.

So, here's what our possibilities are so far:

Anakin Skywalker (Sith Eyes)
Luke Skywalker (Endor Gear)

And here's one more for the heck of it...

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Post-Mustafar duel w/ scorched clothing)

Darth Cruel
03-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Down that road we also have EII Kit Fisto with the biggr eyes.

Turbowars
03-09-2006, 08:25 PM
That's very likely as well. It wouldn't be the first time a cloth accessory was integral to an exclusive. Look at the PF Grievous and first two LOTR 1/6 scale figures...all had cloaks and capes as exclusive accessories.

So, here's what our possibilities are so far:

Anakin Skywalker (Sith Eyes)
Luke Skywalker (Endor Gear)

And here's one more for the heck of it...

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Post-Mustafar duel w/ scorched clothing)I would like it to be Endor Luke, but I think the addition of a Helmet and a Poncho is totally out. SS has said that these figures will not have removable Helmets. They would have to sculpt a new head with Helmet.
It's Sith Eyes, I have now doubt about it. I would love to be wrong though. I also think that Endor Luke is too much of a Variation and it would really P-ss a lot of collectors off.

Sith Lord 0498
03-09-2006, 10:47 PM
I would like it to be Endor Luke, but I think the addition of a Helmet and a Poncho is totally out. SS has said that these figures will not have removable Helmets. They would have to sculpt a new head with Helmet.

First, they said the figures won't have removable helmets until they can perfect the procedure.

Second, the Endor helmet is more a hat than helmet, so they may be able to pull it off without distorting the scale of it.

I agree that it'll be Sith Eyes Anakin, but a Endor Luke is not so hard to believe either.

Darth Cruel
03-10-2006, 03:18 PM
For anyone who has missed one of the Sideshow 12" Star Wars figures, here is a second chance to get any exclusive you missed. Actually...it is a chance to get ALL of the exclusive versions of the Jedi (no Han Solo) in one shot!

Sideshow has a monthly contest concerning their comment posting. They are above 7000 right now and are adding to the regular monthly contest, prizes for randomly selected post numbers. And a grand prize for the 10,000th post which will be one each of the six Jedi that have been released so far. And these are all exclusive versions.

Her's a link to get more info:

http://gt.sideshowtoy.com/exec/gt/ct_pers_st.html,user=9f22c0cae9d9&ct=03326001

Darth Cruel
03-11-2006, 05:02 PM
I posted this as part of a reply in a different thread, but I wanted to put it here as well for anyone who has an interest in some of Sideshow's inner workings.

There is a lot of complaint about how head sculpts are almost always imperfect. One of the chats Sideshow had during the Toy Fair helped to shed a little light on this for me.

They can't help but lose a little detail each time a mold is made for the sculpted part. And it so happens that there are two mold-making steps in the process of producing the figures that Sideshow does.

After the original sculpting of the head, Sideshow makes a mold from it in order to make the prototypes (that is right, the original sculpt is not considered a prototype). There are two prototypes made from this first mold and sent to the manufacturer in China. One is sent painted and is intended to be an example of what Sideshow wants the paint scheme to look like, and the other is sent plain for the manufacturer to create their own mold from for the production pieces. It is common knowledge that there will be detail lost during the molding processes (and common sense tells us that will largely be in things like creases cuased by the expression, depth of cheekbone structure, age lines, fine details on eyes and mouths...) and the sculpters attempt to allow for that. But under those circumstances, it is nearly impossible to get a perfect production head except without a bunch of luck.

Darth Cruel
03-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Sideshow's March 9th podcast confirmed something that their operator suggested to me a few weeks ago over the phone. They will be reserving 10% of the SDCC exclusive that can be ordered to be mailed for those who cannot go to ComicCon. This probably is not news to Sideshow veteran customers as the operator told me that is the norm for them.

Turbowars
03-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Top secrete intelligence should not be posted. There are 3 rules to Sideshow Fight Club. #1 Don't talk about SSFC #2..........

Darth Cruel
03-18-2006, 01:19 PM
In the most recent issue of the Sideshow newsletter, they announced that the regular edition size for Bespin Han Solo is 8,000 pieces and the regular edition size for Mace Windu is set at 7,500 pieces.

I hope Sideshow keeps this trend going. This, along with the seemingly increasing edition sizes for the exclusive editions is fast wiping away the sole complaint I had about the line!

If we could regularly see the exclusive edition sizes at 2500-3000 and the regular edition sizes at about 10,000. I would bet that would satisfy the largest part of the demand without sticking Sideshow with too many warehouse-warmers. I do realize that those numbers may cause one or two of the characters to take a long time to sell out, but if the edition sizes are that much bigger, they may be able to knock the price down enough to sell the extras off at clearance without taking a loss.

AmanaMatt
03-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the link to that article, Darth Cruel, interesting stuff.

I very much hope to see some classics in 2007, such as Vader, Stormtroopers and C-3PO - here's hoping!

Darth Cruel
03-19-2006, 09:37 AM
I do see General Obi-Wan as a remote possibility as every indication is that armor for any figures that need it has not been perfected yet. But who knows...

Turbowars
03-27-2006, 09:01 PM
I e-mailed SSC about picking up items from them and they said this.

Dear Hot Stud,
Thank you for your inquiry, unfortunately our facilities are not open to the public and our invoicing system does not allow for product pickup.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,
Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2360 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

Ph: (805) 214-2158 Fx: (805) 214-2190

Darth Cruel
03-27-2006, 09:36 PM
I e-mailed SSC about picking up items from them and they said this.

Dear Hot Stud,
Thank you for your inquiry, unfortunately our facilities are not open to the public and our invoicing system does not allow for product pickup.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,
Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2360 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

Ph: (805) 214-2158 Fx: (805) 214-2190

Hot Stud - Man I hate how sarcastic they can be! I wrote them an email and berated them for acting that way with you. Don't worry, I made sure they would know who I was talking about by pointing out your message posted under the "Email us your Luke comments" section. :D

Turbowars
03-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Hot Stud - Man I hate how sarcastic they can be! I wrote them an email and berated them for acting that way with you. Don't worry, I made sure they would know who I was talking about by pointing out your message posted under the "Email us your Luke comments" section. :DLOL, hey I don't hide behind my user name. I have made it clear that I'm not happy with them. :yes:

Darth Cruel
03-27-2006, 11:11 PM
I have been feeling a little cantankerous lately so I have been giving a few of the members a hard time.:D I actually emailed (for some reason, their 'site won't allow me to post a message) them a complaint (5 actually) that I have about the figure, most of which are posted above. I have 3 of the 5 corrected and the 4th will just require a little glue. The last one, a substantial tear in the tab and slot that locks the flap over Luke's head in, I have decided to deal with. And I do hope yours gets to you soon! I got the one I ordered on eBay and my order on Sideshow for the regular one still shows "shipping soon". Go figure!

JediTricks
03-28-2006, 01:09 AM
Hmm, weird, I could have sworn they had a "pick up at warehouse" option. I love how they say "don't come over here!!!" and then end with their street address. :p

Darth Cruel
03-28-2006, 02:24 PM
I emailed Sideshow about the problems I had with my Jedi Luke. And this was the response I recieved:

Dear Steve,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.

I'm so sorry that you received a damaged item. If you purchasedd this
item from us, please e-mail me your order or invoice number. I will
then put you in contact with Aimee in our Return's Department. She will
be happy to arrange to retrieve your damaged figure and to send you a
new one.

If you did not purchgase the Jedi Luke Figure from us directly we
suggest you contact the store where it was purchased to arrange for a
replacement. We have reserve set aside just for this situation.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Jennifer Bigham
Customer Service

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

Ph: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2
Ph: (800) 474-3746
Fx: (805) 214-2190USA

Now, unfortunately, I got this through a third person on eBay so I will not have an exchange option. But it is nice to know that they are ready to correct problems when they arise. This does say a lot for Sideshow. And I will be emailing them my compliments on this subject.

AmanaMatt
03-28-2006, 09:12 PM
I spoke to a SS rep on this same issue of a messed up box, and the girl stated she would talk with this Aimee lady and get back to me within 24 hours. She was not sure if I would need to just ship the box sans Luke alone, or the whole deal - I'll be curious what she says tomorrow, and hope its consistent.

The gal I spoke to told me I was not the only person that called on a 'messed up' box - I hope they do make the shipping boxes bigger in the future.

Jayspawn
03-29-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm soo glad I ordered mine through a secondary retailer.

Well I hope SS is busy gettin those Anakin's boxed. Cause he's NEXT!

Darth Cruel
05-24-2006, 01:09 AM
I just wanted to send out Kudos to the gentleman who sold me the Luke on eBay. He took the Luke back...got it excnanged...and sent it back to me at no extra charge other than my shipping it to him...THAT was cool...and I am now the prouder owner of a 12" exclusive Jedi Luke in pristine condition.

Darth Cruel
06-02-2006, 02:08 AM
Sideshow has heard our cries! Follow the link to read about a test program to allow collectors to set the edition sizes!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=inclusiveedition&source=060106news

Edit - Oh...and next week there will be a new figure anounced.

C5Jedi
06-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Sideshow has heard our cries! Follow the link to read about a test program to allow collectors to set the edition sizes!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=inclusiveedition&source=060106news

Edit - Oh...and next week there will be a new figure anounced.

Inclusive edition??? Their website says "Extremely limited editions create secondary market value and greater collect-ability, yet larger edition sizes, while less valuable on the secondary market, allow a greater portion of fans the opportunity to add the item to their lifetime collections."

If this "Inclusive edition" means that the regular limited edition is let's say 2000 dolls and the Inclusive edition is let's say 4000 based on orders - that's still 6000 dolls of a particular character no matter what they want to call it.

Doesn't really matter to me as I've given up on Sideshow and their exclusives/regular editions/limited edtions/Inclusives/Con exclusives/whatever they want to call each of them.

Darth Cruel
06-02-2006, 12:14 PM
True enough that this inclusive edition could have a down side. If the inclusive edition is used on the REGULAR edition...it effectively negates any benefit. However...if this inclusive edition is done for an exclusive version, then it is good..although it would negate a necessity for a regular edition except for the market of collectors who can not order from sideshow for whatever reason. And not every figure will be handled this way...it looks to me after further studying the verbiage in the discription of the program...that the figure that this program will be used on will be noted on the figure's preview and it appears to be intended for secondary characters...we will see.

JediTricks
06-03-2006, 01:06 AM
It's a weird choice, but I suppose it makes some sense with lesser dudes. I can't imagine their retail partners being happy tho'.

plasticfetish
06-03-2006, 07:43 AM
I think it's a great idea.

Collector demand and item rarity should determine secondary value... not speculators lucky enough grab something during a short period of time. The only people likely to be hurt by this are the scalpers looking to buy and then flip these for a quick profit on eBay.

If the initial demand is high for an item, then more than likely it'll always be desirable, so the value will always be there. If the initial demand is low, then that means a better chance for an item to have value in the long term, because of the lower production number.

I don't see this hurting retailers either. Retailers will still be able to cater to those people that might not want to buy online, as well as the typical impulse buyers that react to seeing something in person. (Good for collectors, because retailers will be less apt to jack up the prices for something because of limited availability.)

Turbowars
06-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Whatever makes it easier to buy these the better.

Turbowars
06-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Screw the retail partners, SS has demonstrated that they don't need them, heck we don't need them.

This idea is perfect for troop building kind of figures and I think it will make a lot more people happy in that long run. It's something GG would never do, they don't have the balls.

Sith Lord 0498
06-04-2006, 02:07 PM
It's a weird choice, but I suppose it makes some sense with lesser dudes. I can't imagine their retail partners being happy tho'.

They could always end up doing away with the Wait List for these Inclusive Editions or limiting the WL quota, and then send all the cancelled orders to third-party retailers for resale. That way they'll clear out their warehouse, and retailers aren't completely left out in the cold.

JediTricks
06-04-2006, 06:08 PM
The problem is that some retailers want to have assurances for their customer bases, the specialty shops do a lot of business for SSC and I doubt they'd want to lose them - it'd hurt SSC's costs, and prices on their website. An unlimited number is a good idea though if it includes accomodating retailers to a limited degree, but retailers will probably order more than they want, preorders will cancel, and SSC doesn't want to be stuck with a pegwarmer situation, so they're going to have to tread lightly.

Sith Lord 0498
06-04-2006, 06:57 PM
The problem is that some retailers want to have assurances for their customer bases, the specialty shops do a lot of business for SSC and I doubt they'd want to lose them - it'd hurt SSC's costs, and prices on their website. An unlimited number is a good idea though if it includes accomodating retailers to a limited degree, but retailers will probably order more than they want, preorders will cancel, and SSC doesn't want to be stuck with a pegwarmer situation, so they're going to have to tread lightly.

All very true. I don't think Sideshow is going to be stupid about this though. I think they will be extremely stingy on which figures they use this program with. Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Boba Fett...those are the big three. The troopers will likely have set exclusive edition sizes, but an extended inclusive edition period for the regular editions.

Reefer Shark
06-05-2006, 01:36 AM
I think it sounds good for us collectors, and I really don't think it's gonna affect the retail partners that much (if any). As it is, most shops don't get any kind of break on the exclusives, so they don't generally order them anyways. If the inclusives are the regular editions, I'll bet the shops will still be able to order them just the same, and most customers of specialty shops would still probably buy from the stores.

I know I would.... If I can't get the exclusive, I just get the regular from the comic shop to save on shipping (not to mention if you're a regular customer, most comic shops will give you a discount... I get 20% off :greedy: ).

Darth Cruel
06-10-2006, 02:04 AM
I meant to call Sideshow about this today but was sick and slept instead. I have a few ponderings about this "Inclusive" edition (which I am down for without a doubt).

1) Seems to me that EVEREYBODY having basically an chance to get these negates a necessity for a "regular edition".

2) The market for retailers won't take that big a hit as they sell them cheaper than Sideshow does on-line.

3) I wonder if the retailers will have the accessory packs available to them.

4) I wonder if there will be a limit as to how many you can order.

Turbowars
06-10-2006, 10:46 AM
1) Seems to me that EVEREYBODY having basically an chance to get these negates a necessity for a "regular edition".

There will be a regular version, but they will only be sold in the retail market. SSC says the inclusive version will have exclusive items and I believe the Droid 3 pack is only available from SSC site.

AmanaMatt
06-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Just to keep their partners happy, I would have no problem if the 'regular' editions also had an item exclusive to them - in a collector world, its hard to keep everyone happy. Maul with sell itself, so if regular is just regular, these will still sell like hotcakes.

Turbowars
06-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Just to keep their partners happy, I would have no problem if the 'regular' editions also had an item exclusive to them - in a . I guess there wouldn't be a need for the 2 version then if they did that. Unless the 2 different versions came with different exclusive items, but that would end up making people mad.:yes:

JediTricks
06-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Hell no the retail version should have an exclusive accessory!

Darth Cruel
06-13-2006, 03:52 PM
There is a blurb on Sideshow's main page that seems to indicated that the inclusive versions of both the Maul AND the "Expansion Pack" of Sith Probe Droids will include exlusive items.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=0

AmanaMatt
06-13-2006, 08:47 PM
OK, odd Sideshow story I have: My Jedi Luke came in a jacked up box, so I called Sideshow and spoke to Aimee who was more than happy to send me a new Jedi Luke Box (with exclusive sticker) since that is what I had ordered - the fig was fine and this was just the box....I received it and was a real happy camper.

I received My Anakin and while the box was in pretty good shape, the sticker itself got jacked up on one corner - I spoke to Aimee and she told me that she could send a sticker if I were to first send her proof...I was told I need to e-mail her a digital picture showing I have the exclusive version and that one person ruined it for all and that is why they have this policy. I went on to tell her she sent me a whole new Jedi Luke box with sticker with no required proof and she says that she knows this seem odd, but they can send a whole new box (with sticker) just not the sticker itself....she told me that the sticker is what helps make it exclusive.

Personally, a sticker is a sticker, the exclusive is the accessory and unique tray that holds it...

I totally respect Sideshow's customer service, but this was kinda funny to me and figured I would share....

Turbowars
06-13-2006, 08:53 PM
I wonder if I say I lost my Exclusive Luke and Anakin if they will send me a new box and the figures. Worth a try right?

Reefer Shark
06-13-2006, 10:08 PM
I wonder if I say I lost my Exclusive Luke and Anakin if they will send me a new box and the figures. Worth a try right?

lol While your at it, tell them I lost my Jedi Luke Gun, and Anankin hologram so I can make my regular versions into "loose exclusives" :lipsrsealed:

Darth Cruel
06-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Now wait just a damned minute! ANYONE who finds it necessary to send back their Jedi Luke...I would very much appreciate it if you would allow me to swap the bodies first! (yes I do realize that nobody is really sending them back)

JediTricks
06-14-2006, 07:29 PM
It makes perfect sense to me that they would want to be more careful with sending out loose stickers, a loose sticker could be attached to the non-exclusive box and then sold on ebay for far more money, it's a real nasty scam but, especially with SW figures, it's something that we see happen over and over.

AmanaMatt
06-14-2006, 11:50 PM
I totally have no problem with Sideshow doing this at all, but the fact you can just call to get a new box (with sticker) seems like a big loop hole to that one? When I got my replacement box for Luke, the sticker was not attached - it was separate.

On a different note, Over at Rebelscum some are reporting we can become MIB collectors and have our shipping packaging double protected, but it'll cost $8 more or the like...WTH?! Any official word on this?

Darth Cruel
06-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Sideshow graced us with a few shots of the 12" Jedi and Sith figures clashing with 'sabers with the photoshop glow. Pretty cool...check it out...click through the link.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?cat=26

Darth Cruel
06-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Most everyone knows by now that Sideshow is shipping Kit Fisto despite the proximity to Comic Con (which I will henceforth call CC). I called them yesterday to ask about it and they told me (before I got the email) that the fact that there was a figure being released for CC would not alter the schedule for the release of other figures. And she didn't seem to know that the email warnings were being sent...likely as she and I were speaking. As soon as I got off the phone, I looked at my email and saw that the warning had been sent 3 minutes before.

The point is...with the first warning having been issued when it was...it is a huge likelyhood that both of these figures will be charged for within about a week of each other.

The good news is...the representative on the phone told me that if you need a little time to get the funds (she mentioned about a week), that they would work with that. All you have to do is call them.

El Chuxter
06-28-2006, 01:10 PM
I'd only be concerned with Kit arriving while I'm at Comic-Con and spending a few days on the porch. :)

JediTricks
06-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the info DC, I posted it in the news. I hadn't considered the back-to-back charging because I didn't preorder Fisto, but it's definitely newsworthy.

Darth Cruel
07-18-2006, 02:25 PM
On a recent call to Sideshow I got confirmation on something most people already guessed. You all better start looking for Hasbro 12" vehicles if you want them for your figures. There are currently no plans to do them...at all. That is not to say that it won't happen...but there is no effort in that direction right now.

Darth Cruel
08-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Sideshow's Operation's Manager, Brant Bridges, answered some questions during Comi-Con in the chat room. Below is a link to the transcript. A few highlights were:

1) Get used to the intergangeable heads as opposed to removeable helmets. Sideshow like that they can keep the scale more accurate that way.

2) Non-human body style possibilities have been opened up seamingly without limit. Jabba has "Paved the way".

3) Darth Maul will have the corrected short arms on the short body.

Click through the link to read more.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=1843&source=wp_news

Sith Lord 0498
08-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Sideshow's Operation's Manager, Brant Bridges, answered some questions during Comi-Con in the chat room. Below is a link to the transcript. A few highlights were:

1) Get used to the intergangeable heads as opposed to removeable helmets. Sideshow like that they can keep the scale more accurate that way.

2) Non-human body style possibilities have been opened up seamingly without limit. Jabba has "Paved the way".

3) Darth Maul will have the corrected short arms on the short body.

Click through the link to read more.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=1843&source=wp_news

All of which is very good news. Personally I don't mind the interchangeable heads. At least the paint on the face sculpt won't be scraped off by the helmet.

AmanaMatt
08-07-2006, 08:10 PM
I actually love the interchangable heads - at first, I was unsure, but I would rather have proper looking scale in my 1:6 line!

JediTricks
08-07-2006, 08:40 PM
2) Non-human body style possibilities have been opened up seamingly without limit. Jabba has "Paved the way".This concerns me slightly, as Jabba is really expensive and has just 2 points of articulation (2 ball-jointed shoulders, very cheap and easy to do really), I don't want to see a lot more statues like Jabba - he's a main character and can get away with it, Dexter Jettster is not so fortunate (I was going to cite Hermie Odle but I know a lot of you guys have crazy mad love for this fifth-string drooling meatbag :p, so I chose a character from the prequels that fits in this category whom I dig).

Hellboy
08-10-2006, 12:04 AM
On a recent call to Sideshow I got confirmation on something most people already guessed. You all better start looking for Hasbro 12" vehicles if you want them for your figures. There are currently no plans to do them...at all. That is not to say that it won't happen...but there is no effort in that direction right now.

I figured as much thats why I held onto my Speeder Bikes and Tauntauns. I also just purchased Maul's Sith Speeder loose on eBay for $11 shipped. :razz:

Darth Cruel
10-06-2006, 10:05 AM
I just want to give everyone a heads-up. You all may know this already, but I just learned it from Sidewshow. If you want to return anything...it has to be IN THEIR POSSESION at the 30 day mark. Not just sent in. They say that their back-log of returns will not count against the 30 days. And they say that that back-log is 1 week right now (which indicates to me that they are having one of those "abuncha" quality issues, but that is for another thread).

JediTricks
10-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Wow, that suckity suck sucks. I'm beginning to sour on SSC and this is definitely one of the reasons.

Darth Cruel
10-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Wow, that suckity suck sucks.

LOL - Now THAT is funny. Truly an inspired and perfect summation (usage is intended)! I could not have applied my feelings any better.

I started a whole new thread about the quality/customer service issues that I perceive.

Ook
10-11-2006, 10:43 PM
If you did not purchgase the Jedi Luke Figure from us directly we
suggest you contact the store where it was purchased to arrange for a
replacement. We have reserve set aside just for this situation.
Do they set aside 1/4 PFs for replacement purposes?

I know their return policy states:

Many of our items are Limited Editions that may not be available for replacement at the time the return is received. In this case, we would offer a full refund of the original product purchase price (US$).