PDA

View Full Version : Where is Target's stock?

Scackmgack
03-08-2006, 09:24 AM
So, for the last couple weeks or so I have been finding Poggle the Lessers and Sun Facs and C-3PO's warming pegs in Target stores, and I got up early two weeks ago to hit the local store and got my Scorch, Utapau Clone, and Sora Bulq.

Clearly the Geonosis wave is shipping regularly around here - but I am only finding one or two Poggles on Target pegs, if that. So, the wave is shipping, but it doesn't look like these stores are getting more than a case or two at best every week or other week.

So, why is it that Target has eight pegs set up for Star Wars figures in the aisle? Let's say you can get eight figures on a peg. That might be stretching it, but just for sake of discussion, that means your average Target store has planned to be able to have 48 figures stocked.

I rarely find more than 4 or 5 on pegs - so what is going on? I know that Wal-Mart is having some kind of stock debacle (according to a poster here on SSG, anyway), but how about Target?

Kidhuman
03-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Its the same thing here with my Target, except they never got the geo wave. I did however find them at WM yesterday. After Scorch and the clone were picked through the 4-5 cases they got(I got two of each), I am left with 20 Hoth warmers and full rows of Yoda, Poggle, Sun fac and 3PO, so consider yourself lucky. Those wont sell and I am looing to be SOL on the Courascant wave in that store.

stad
03-08-2006, 10:11 AM
My Target only has 4 pegs for SW, and for the last two weeks they've only had a Bren Derlin and a Bib Fortuna sitting on the pegs. It is all that remains since their last re-stock a couple weeks ago, which consisted of 2 cases of Wave 3. It sold out in two days, and this is all that's left, from before that even, since they were Wave 1.

By the way, on those pegs, they can only handle about 26-28 figures at one time.

CaptainSolo1138
03-08-2006, 10:26 AM
The three Targets in MI that I've been to as of late (Mt. Pleasant, Saginaw, Midland) have had zero figures. None. Not even any Neimoidians.

But they had plenty Custom Choppers.:rolleyes:

TheDarthVader
03-08-2006, 12:50 PM
I know what you mean. My target got ONE case of geonosis in and, even then, all of the clones (& scorch) had been bought. I make somewhat routine trips to my Wal Mart, and around 9 am I found just one Sora, Yoda, Poggle, and Sun Fac. It seems like a WM toy worker could be helping a friend out. I don't know. Finding clones is getting bad around here. I have not seen one clone in a long long time. It really is pitiful.

B.
TDV

Darth Cruel
03-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Actually, this ebb and flow of figure availability is not in the least unusual in this area. From the time I started collecting in "95 the pegs around here go through droughts and floods of them. And we are definitely in a drought right now, but I don't even think about it. I am confident that there will soon be a flood.

VidKidd
03-08-2006, 09:55 PM
my local target has received 3 boxes of wave 1, 2 boxes of wave 2 and 2 boxes of wave 3. I have purchasse one of every figure out, the rest i know have gone to scalpers. thats what happens with my target, if a dont get it for my collection scalpers get it. and with the UGH its gonna be harder to find those.

abell748
03-10-2006, 08:13 AM
It really makes me wish that Hasbro would start up the 1 of every figure club thing they discussed at C3. I am tired of staring at empty pegs or Bren Derlin. Hasbro is missing out on a lot of us taking advantage of this. I would do it to make sure I got my figures and would gladdly pay the extra shipping just so that I can save on the gas.

Lazer Brain
03-10-2006, 11:15 AM
well , still no new figures at the targets around here, have seen the titanium line though, figures and ships, found the snow speeder today.
later

TheBlackDog
03-18-2006, 02:42 PM
This is an issue that has been going on for a LONG time. In a non-movie year figures trickle out for the first 5 months, then summer should see a major drought unless your at stores at opening, then fall everyone will see and buy what they want as the pegs flood for the holidays. What your seeing now I firmly believe is low production numbers by Hasbro to do 2 things: show retailers that demand still exist for the product and to keep the interest of the fan in the figures.

Sith Lord 0498
03-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Don't be surprised if your local Targets get slammed with figures very soon. I was at my local Target (Northeastern PA) this past Thursday morning, and I was there to see the entire Coruscant wave along with Carkoon, Hoth, and Geonosis figures being put on the pegs. There were easily 20 Utapau Troopers in the bunch. They couldn't even fit all their inventory on the pegs, and they were refilling the pegs regularly with the backstock.

Basically, Target put out over 100 figures in the space of 24 hours. Naturally, all the "hot" figures (Coruscant wave, Scorch, Utapau Trooper) were cleaned out very fast.

Fwad
03-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Same thing in my area.So many figures at that i started to cry.I thought i was seeing a mirage.

Sith Lord 0498
03-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Similar thing at my local TRU as well. This place had been a barren wasteland for a long time. Now, the pegs are overflowed with Unleashed Battlepacks, nine Titanium Forged Figures (two of which were the Vintage finish Vader and Fett), Geonosis figures (mostly Sun and Poggle), Titanium ships, new Transformers (Anakin, Maul, Fett).

Yeah, it's mostly crappy stuff they got or stuff found at WM and Target long ago, but it's still an influx of merchandise for this place. I'm guessing the lull is coming to an end...at least for a little while.

Kidhuman
03-18-2006, 10:28 PM
I was in Target today and they havent had squat for 6 weeks. Same 5 figures.

Nick Ryder
03-19-2006, 04:55 AM
Well my store got some of more the wave with the Utuapu trooper, some more Chewie's, some more Han's, Leia's and Yoda's as well as a Scorch. (I picked up both Utapau troopers and the Scorch... they sat around all day until my lunch and I picked 'em up. The collectors that usually frequent my Target didn't come in that mornin'. Lucky for me. :)

Although I noticed this same thing last year when I used to work the Toy department, between the Clone Wars bunch and the Saga collection there weren't too many figures, then we got slammed with a bunch, to the point where we ended up clearancing a bunch of 'em during the post Christmas reset.

I think for some reason either Hasbro or the Target buyers don't ship enough to the stores thinking that "oh a couple of cases will last us a while." Although whenever ANYTHING new the usual 3 collector guys who wait by the front door every morning (most mornings) will swoop in and grab what they can, usually cleaning us out right away.

Then after they've got their fill of figures, we end up with pegwarmers and then the kids and other 'normal' buyers can have a crack at 'em

Darth Instigator
03-19-2006, 11:44 AM
everytime I get around to getting to target, all the losers have gotten there before me to get all the figures so they can resell them. arghh

Nick Ryder
03-20-2006, 01:02 AM
I kinda wish Hasbro would do that 1 of every figure thing. That way at least you know you can get the entire set and have at least 1 of each, even the rare ones. Even if they limit it to one case per household/user or something. I mean its hard to get the figures you want when collector/scalpers snatch 'em all up first. If they even make it out of the cartons. I mean back when they first came out in 95, I found the rare Princess Leia (before all the stores just got freakin' flooded with them) but it sucked because I wanted a Leia to go with one of my lukes and I couldn't because she was worth so much. Then when her value dropped and I picked up 3 more of her reeeeally cheap... I could finally open one to add to my play collection LOL.

I mean they're great collectibles but they are still TOYS. Toys are meant to be played with. If I wanted a collectible to sit on a shelf, I'd buy a statue or something.

star junky
03-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I was in a couple local targets this morning and was running a dcpi for the grievous exclusive fig and the skirmish battlepack on one of thier keypad price scanners, after i punched in the first 3 numbers the screen changed to temporarily out of service, i thought no problem so i went to a target about 25 miles away and started to punch in the numbers, then after the first 3 numbers were entered ,the out of service screen popped up again. Has anyone else experienced this problem,just curious.Thanks

stad
03-20-2006, 05:54 PM
I was in Target today and they havent had squat for 6 weeks. Same 5 figures.

Wednesday will make six weeks for my Target with the same 2 figures, Bib and Riekkan.

rem rem kinobi
03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
funny thing. everytime i scan a remnant of the geonosis wave(poggle the everywhere, oops the lesser:twisted: )at my local target, the screen says "not recognized in the system"..but i seen geonosis remnants now and again at the same target...weird!!:ninja:

Nick Ryder
03-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Sometimes those self scan things are kinda finicky. I know a lot of stores are upgrading their hand scanners and such. The new tech they're getting is pretty sweet, wish it would do more, but eventually. Although if you input a DCPI that isn't active in the system yet, it may give you that not recognised or "item not found" or "not on file" even though yes it may be a valid DCPI its not yet in the POS and scanner system. Same thing happens after things are clearanced out after a while, maybe a couple months things go "not on file".

Sometimes its a store thing, if the items didn't arrive yet, then they won't be on file because they weren't checked in (obviously). Although occasionally that happens to things that are, its a weird thing. I know sometimes we have stuff like candy and cleaning supplies and schtuff that come not on file and ends up sitting in the back until they do a purge or something and find tons of like cherry cordials from christmas or stuff we never really set out because it was never planogrammed in.

So be paitient, when it comes in eventually then it'll be searchable.

dindae
03-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Wednesday will make six weeks for my Target with the same 2 figures, Bib and Riekkan.

Stad if you are interested I could start this thread up again.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=20588&page=2

Kidhuman
03-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Go for it Dindae, give me more work. :beard:

star junky
03-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Sometimes those self scan things are kinda finicky. I know a lot of stores are upgrading their hand scanners and such. The new tech they're getting is pretty sweet, wish it would do more, but eventually. Although if you input a DCPI that isn't active in the system yet, it may give you that not recognised or "item not found" or "not on file" even though yes it may be a valid DCPI its not yet in the POS and scanner system. Same thing happens after things are clearanced out after a while, maybe a couple months things go "not on file".

Sometimes its a store thing, if the items didn't arrive yet, then they won't be on file because they weren't checked in (obviously). Although occasionally that happens to things that are, its a weird thing. I know sometimes we have stuff like candy and cleaning supplies and schtuff that come not on file and ends up sitting in the back until they do a purge or something and find tons of like cherry cordials from christmas or stuff we never really set out because it was never planogrammed in.

So be paitient, when it comes in eventually then it'll be searchable.
Thanks for the info, but i have been entering those dcpi's in the scanner's for almost 3 weeks, at first nothing came up, but in the last 2 weeks they have come up, but shown" not in stockroom",which I know they have not arrived yet or have not been put in the system.Then the other day after I entered the first 3 digits (087) the screen jumped to temporarily out of service, then this morning it won't even allow me to enter number's. This has happened at 2 different Target's, the only 2 in my area,out of 5 with keypad price scanner's. I was wondering about the rumor that I have heard that Target is stopping the running of dcpi's to discourage the collector's from asking the employee's to bring stuff out of the back before the streetdate.Sure you could go to guest services, but you can't see their computer screen, beacause i have checked the scanners before on previous exclusives that showed in stockroom, only to be told at guest services that they don't have any in the stockroom.

Rogue II
03-22-2006, 02:04 PM
I haven't seen the new scanners around here yet.

My wife just called me from Target. She said she bought me a Darth Vader with a silver Emperor hologram. I take it this is one of those chase figures. So, it looks like Target stores are putting out new stuff.

trandoshan666
03-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Stuff is definitely hitting Target now. Pretty much all of my local Targets have about 3 cases of figures in stock right now, and one of them had 8 or so.

Scackmgack
03-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Not my Targets. I am still looking for Utapau clone troopers and finding nary a one.

I'm getting really damned tired of waking up early on Saturday morning, one of the two days a week I can get a good nights' sleep, to come home empty-handed.

trandoshan666
03-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Not my Targets. I am still looking for Utapau clone troopers and finding nary a one.

I'm getting really damned tired of waking up early on Saturday morning, one of the two days a week I can get a good nights' sleep, to come home empty-handed.

When the new assortments hit your area there should be plenty of Utapau clones they're packed pretty well in every assortment. Just keep the faith :).

Scackmgack
03-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Just got back from my Saturday morning run. I actually expanded it to three Targets, two Wal-Marts, and a TRU now that I have been downloading Stern on my mp3 player and have it to listen to while driving around...

Found an Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Lushos Dofine, passed on the new Grievous. A kid in front of me scored a Firespeeder Pilot and an Utaupau clone ostensibly from the case my three figs came from.

They're taking too damned long getting these figures out there! I'm seeing six to ten Darth Vaders on pegs. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER DARTH VADER FOR CHRISSAKES!

I would like to get my hands around the neck of a Hasbro executive just once...just once...

trandoshan666
03-25-2006, 01:02 PM
I would like to get my hands around the neck of a Hasbro executive just once...just once...

Roger that. There are a ton of those Hoth Vaders packed in with these new assortments, and what, at least two more Vaders coming out this year. WTF are they thinking?

wedge1968
03-25-2006, 01:27 PM
A strange thing happened the other morning at Target. I was the first one in the door, and when I got to the pegs, I found Grevious, Ki-Adi-Mundi, an orange clone, and the Talz Jedi. That was it! If they had just put out that box, where was the rest of that wave? Everytime else I have found a new wave (almost always at Target this year), I have found the entire set.

It makes me wonder if one of the employees bought the rest of the wave.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Target's stock is located on the NYSE. Last time I checked a share was trading at roughly $54. :pleased:

Sith Lord 0498
03-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Target's stock is located on the NYSE. Last time I checked a share was trading at roughly $54. :pleased:

Oh brother...that only took 32 posts for someone to come up with that comment... :p

jaxx
03-27-2006, 08:14 PM
I try to go by Target as much as possible. One in particular (in Woodridge, IL on the corner of Hobson/63rd st and I-355), hasn't had ANY NEW FIGURES in about a month. It sucks! All I see are those damn transformers, unleashed battle packs and galactic heros. What's the friggin deal?

Fwad
03-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Don't forget those fantastic Star Wars chopper bikes.

timmae
03-27-2006, 09:40 PM
it sure is saving me lots of money, all the garbage they are making. thanks hasblo:mad:

Nick Ryder
03-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Yeah... those Choppers... I mean cool idea in thought, but execution, kinda lame.

Well my Target's got a little of all the waves, some Hoth, some Geonosis, some Carkoon.

Captain Spoon
03-29-2006, 08:51 AM
I went to Target this morning and the pegs were fully stocked. I managed to score 2 UGH Cody's <does a little dance :thumbsup: >

wedge1968
03-29-2006, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I scored big this morning as well. I left a bunch of Scorches (one UG), Codys, clones, and a Grevious (UG). If anyone is close to the Target on North Avenue in River Grove, head over there.