PDA

View Full Version : AotC on video?

Co Jo-Da
01-23-2002, 03:21 PM
TheForce.net reported that Attack of the Clones will be TENTATIVELY SET FOR RELEASE on video and possibly DVD in October of 2002. Does anyone think that it would be ready in time, concider that the movie isn't even out in theaters yet?

Man I hope so...

chewie
01-23-2002, 05:10 PM
If the movie is as pure digital as lucasfilm claims, it should be no problem at all to downsample it to dvd size for an incredibly quick pressing. All you'd need is some animated menus.

Of course, the OT has been out for 25 years, and still hasn't seen the light of day on dvd yet. So who knows? :)

GNT
01-24-2002, 07:06 AM
I hope so,wonder what goodies it'll come with this time?

And stop your whinning about the OT on DVD its getting old ;)

JEDIpartner
01-24-2002, 12:16 PM
then he'll probably want the DVD (it's a play on the title of a children's book).

I hope there is a quicker turn around time on the DVD for AOTC. It would be really nice to have it in our hands while it is still fresh in our minds. I agree that, with the digital filming of it, it would be easier to make a transfer. I would think that, in the preparation for TPM, there was some consideration for the AOTC DVD. One can only assume that Lucasfilm put all of their resources together to create the behind the scenes projects in tandem with the editing of the film.

It would be a really nice surprise for us to have the DVD in our hands in a little over a couple months from the release of the film. I know I would be pleased!

p.s.- I can wait for the OT on DVD. I just want to make sure that it is done correctly... even though I suppose it means incorporating some of the new footage into the films.

Rollo Tomassi
01-24-2002, 12:47 PM
What would be a REALLY nice touch is G. Lu taking a cue from his ol' buddy Speilberg (E.T.) and releasing the ORIGINAL version of the OT as well as any "super deluxe" versions he might want to cook up.

I also want an alternate MST3K track with silouhettes at the bottom of Tom, Crow, and Mike crackin' wise about my beloved trilogy...;)

And bloopers, outtakes, etc. I could watch multiple HOURS of my favorite scenes being messed up.

Wolfwood319
01-24-2002, 01:02 PM
An MST3k version would be great. I would much rather have the OT on DVD than AOTC.

I couldn't care less about AOTC on DVD. There are so many other great films that have yet to be put on DVD, like the Indiana Jones series, that I want more than AOTC. DVD's for Lucasfilm just seem to be a big ploy to make more money, like with E1. And all this talk about even more "special editions," its a wonder that people even care about Star Wars anymore.

JetsAndHeels
01-24-2002, 02:27 PM
What kind of special editions are being considered? Are they going to go back and redo the OT? Or are they going to work on EP1?