PDA

View Full Version : VTSC George Lucas mail-in offer details (merged)

Turbowars
03-10-2006, 12:27 AM
From EE
George Lucas mail-in offer details: In each Luke Skywalker (X-wing Pilot) figure is an order form. Each other figure includes a tab you must affix to the order form. Collect all the tabs from each figure along with a check or money order for $4.95 to:
Vintage Figure Redemption Request
PO Box 10790
Bozeman, MT 59719-0790 Offers must be postmarked by November 30, 2006. Figures will arrive between June 30, 2006 and December 31, 2006. Rules subject to change. Please consult the form(s) inside your action figures upon receipt for additional details.

---------------------------------------------------------

So you guys that didn't want Luke and DID want Lucas you are S.O.L. Damn Hasbro is sneaky lately.

Kidhuman
03-10-2006, 01:12 AM
That bites.

2-1B
03-10-2006, 01:44 AM
That bites.

That's an understatement !

What a dumb promotion too, I'm glad I'm not hooked on the line anymore.

Still, I have to say that the LucasTrooper is awesome, and that every home should have one. :)

K M Toydarian
03-10-2006, 03:09 AM
I'd love it if you didn't have to buy so many expensive figures for this. I would like to see the promo free, no $4.95, with 5 or more UPC's from regular figs, or just 1 UPC from a vintage, then I guess they could justify the 4.95.
Either way, the figure better be packaged really cool, and well protected.

jonthejedi
03-10-2006, 03:52 AM
My question is...is the Lucas stormie mailed in a box/baggie, or is Hasbro presenting it also on a VOTC-style cardback with collector case?

Slicker
03-10-2006, 05:27 AM
That is a crock and a half. They're just tryin' to get us to buy ALL of the figures so that we can get this.

We should all have Warstar break into the factory and steal them for us since he lives in Bozeman.

abell748
03-10-2006, 07:02 AM
This bites!!! I was going to get my carded set and then get the Han and 4 Biker Scouts to open for the UPC's and now I have to buy the other three to open? Hasbro really put the screws to us this time.

wedge1968
03-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Actually, I can see some advatages of this (for me, at least). If everyone has to buy each, it means that people won't be buying all of the Scout Troopers and making it more difficult to find that one figure.

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-10-2006, 08:00 AM
This is ridiculous! So If I want one of each PLUS the Lucas figure MIP I have to buy 2 of each, not to mention having to find the Luke X-Wing which could possibly be tougher if its the only one with the order form? What crap. And Im sure these wont have the 9.99 pricepoint like the old ones did, so this could potentially cost me 129.90 + tax + the stupid 4.95. If anyone wants a loose set sans the Lucas figure let me know and Ill go in with you. Otherwise this is stupid stupid stupid.

DarkArtist
03-10-2006, 08:11 AM
hey it is still early to predict what will happen with this promo, regardless whether the source of the info is true or not. I say wait it out. I still want multiples of these figures with the exception of greedo. I would like about 2 to 3 of the Lucas Stormie. Hopefully the stores will be flooded with the VOTC and everyone will be able to get it.

For those who do not want all the figures the other option is not to buy them, leave them for everyone else and hit the Ebay pages. I sure you'll find one there for an arm and a leg.:whip:

Darth Cruel
03-10-2006, 08:47 AM
My collecting partner told me that he found out for sure that ALL of the UGH toys have these forms in them (he said he thinks he has one in a Titanium vehicle) and that all that is required is 6 POPs from regular Sasa figures. Man is he going to be disappointed. But I tried to tell him that was too easy to be something Hasbro would do. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago, but Hasbro has graduated to much more costly mail-in specials.

dindae
03-10-2006, 09:03 AM
This is the wrong way to do it. I can seen any five VOTC but all five is going to make this hard for the kids. With the army builders/scalpers out there how many people are going to miss out on the Scout Trooper and then not be able to send off for the figure. I don't think that it will be that hard to find but I know it will happen for someone out there.

jaxx
03-10-2006, 09:22 AM
What did y'all expect? This is happening the way that everyone has been rumoring about.

Lazer Brain
03-10-2006, 09:45 AM
dindee, i do think they had the KIDS in Mind at all if this is all true... it sound like its truly for the Damn Collectors that they have Hated all these years, and remeber we don't buy the toys... and now they have us and or gonna twist the knife a little.... aahhh i love the pain. HA! well i was going to buy a set to keep closed but now, i'm not. if i have to open them all anyway to get two bloated stormies.
later

dindae
03-10-2006, 10:01 AM
dindae, i do think they had the KIDS in Mind at all if this is all true... it sound like its truly for the Damn Collectors that they have Hated all these years, and remeber we don't buy the toys...
laterNo I guess not. Thinking as a kid I wouldn't want a Lucas figure anyway.

2-1B
03-10-2006, 10:12 AM
We should all have Warstar break into the factory and steal them for us since he lives in Bozeman.

Funny, I noticed the Bozeman thing, too. Odd what kind of information we retain vs. what we forget. lol

mtriv73
03-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Actually, I can see some advatages of this (for me, at least). If everyone has to buy each, it means that people won't be buying all of the Scout Troopers and making it more difficult to find that one figure.

Actually, it just means people will buy one of each AND all the scout troopers making it really difficult for those who arrive late to get them all.

JediTricks
03-10-2006, 04:50 PM
How can you people be surprised by this? I said during Toy Fair that this was the case and you had to buy all 5, it said so right in Hasbro's text about the VTSC, that was nearly a month ago. The only thing I'm surprised by is this tabs thing, that's new. The idea is to collect them all to get something special, not just buy 5 Biker Scouts and get a free Lucas Stormtrooper (which is not worth the freak-out IMO).

Warstar
03-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Woah-

Imagine my surprise when I saw this:

Vintage Figure Redemption Request
PO Box 10790
Bozeman, MT 59719-0790

I LIVE in Bozeman, Montana! This has to be a box for a warehouse someplace around here...meaning that it's possible that the figures will be sent from someplace here in town!!!

I'll do what I can to research this (though PO Boxes offer anonymity from address locations) but I have a few local connections...so if I can find out where these will be sent from (if they are being sent from somplace locally and not just being redeemed here) there's a SLIGHT chance that maybe some will be sold or given away as promotions to local stores here in town!

For example: My local Hastings store (like a Borders or Barnes & Noble for those who do not have Hastings nearby) has the Entertainment Earth "Exclusive" R2 Droid packs for $32.99- and there's NO sales tax in this state- but why they even have them is beyond me!

AND if I can get some Lucas Troopers, I'll pass them along to whoever I can for whatever it costs me to get them! :p

WOW!

:D

No promises but I'll keep everyone posted...I live in 59718...:p

Stranger things have happened around here- I do have connections to Pepsi management here and those guys get all sorts of cool stuff...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-10-2006, 06:25 PM
This isn't so bad. I planned on getting all five figures anyway.

The $5 shipping is a little crappy, though.

Kidhuman
03-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Warstar, if you get extras from giveaways and what not, hook me up. Or find the facotry and break in.

Warstar
03-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Warstar, if you get extras from giveaways and what not, hook me up. Or find the facotry and break in.

Hehe- I'll do what I can, KH

*TO THE FBI: THIS IN NO WAY MEANS I AM CONNECTED TO OR WILL BE CONNECTED WITH ANY SUCH BREAK-IN AND THE THEFT OF MULTIPLE LUCAS TROOPER ACTION FIGURES IN THE NEAR FUTURE OR RECENT PAST!*

(:p)

trandoshan666
03-10-2006, 07:54 PM
If the Lucas figure is packaged in a baggie, then I don't want it. If it's carded or boxed like Mace Windu or Oola, etc., then my thinking changes. I have a feeling that it's going to be a little white box and a plastic bag, though. :mad:
I'm a carded collector, and at this point, I'm just going to buy the five figures and call it good.

jedi master sal
03-10-2006, 08:35 PM

Don't bet on that...I plan on getting around 10 Scout troopers.

Besides those I'll be getting two sets of each of the five figs. 1 carded/1 open (less one Scout because of the planned 10)

This is ridiculous! So If I want one of each PLUS the Lucas figure MIP I have to buy 2 of each, not to mention having to find the Luke X-Wing which could possibly be tougher if its the only one with the order form? What crap. And Im sure these wont have the 9.99 pricepoint like the old ones did, so this could potentially cost me 129.90 + tax + the stupid 4.95. If anyone wants a loose set sans the Lucas figure let me know and Ill go in with you. Otherwise this is stupid stupid stupid.

Hmmm, I'm going to see how they do the order form. They better do a bang up job of it, because I'm sure it will be copied otherwise.

Yeah they might say photocopies not accepted, but I've got a $5K scanner at work that says I can easily fool them AND it duplexes, which means if this is printed on both sides, I can print it on both sides too...

I've already been planning this when I saw it this morning. So unless they get smart and use a hologram on the orderform (which then we are going to want to keep, forcing some to buy THREE Luke X-wing pilots), then I've got it covered. I'm also very curious about these "tabs". Again using the same scanner/printer set-up if I wanted to, I can run cardstock (same as the stock used for action figures) through, print on both sides and make a fake. I'm not saying I will with the tabs, but that order form, if it becomes a problem, well then...

This is the wrong way to do it. I can seen any five VOTC but all five is going to make this hard for the kids. With the army builders/scalpers out there how many people are going to miss out on the Scout Trooper and then not be able to send off for the figure. I don't think that it will be that hard to find but I know it will happen for someone out there.

Well, I'll probably have extra Scout trooper tabs...$20 each, J/K! (You guys KNOW I abhor scalping)

Please no bidders for those extra tabs. I'm going to offer them to those who have hooked me up in the past with stuff here. Only then if I have any extras,will I offer them openly. Those will be NO COST. So those receiving them won't be forced into getting another scout trooper. (Or not being able to get a Scout trooper, hence not having the tab needed)

Oh and Warstar, I could use a hook-up too PLEASE.

If this comes carded, I'm going to have to buy THREE sets! 1 carded, two other sets to get the George trooper. Having two of him, 1 carded and one loose.
Cripes that's $150 not including tax. Then add on top of that the other 8 Scouts I want to get, shipping costs for the Georgetroopers and the total with tax is up OVER $250!!!

Tell me that's not screwing the collector?

timmae
03-10-2006, 09:40 PM
i may pass on all and just buy the lucas on ebay. if it is in a box and not on a card, i really don't want it as much anyway.

TheDarthVader
03-10-2006, 11:52 PM
I am going to wait until this is confirmed by Hasbro. Or has it been? It could be a trick to try to get us to order cases from EE. ;)

Warstar...I am 3rd in line on the forum here.

B.
TDV

Slicker
03-11-2006, 04:25 AM
Funny, I noticed the Bozeman thing, too. Odd what kind of information we retain vs. what we forget. lolI know isn't that f-ing strange. I could remember Mabs birthday but I seriously can't remember my roommates birthdays. I guess it's who you care about that matters.

And remember WS. I mentioned where you live first so I get first dibs of your stealins.:p

Warstar
03-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Hehe- I gotcha all :)

the PO Box is the head office here...

I'll keep in touch :p (I am here a lot for SW Titaniums anyway ;))

tagmac
03-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Looks like they figured out how to insure they sell all those Greedos that would otherwise have been warming the pegs.

Lord Malakite
03-13-2006, 11:15 PM
If this comes carded, I'm going to have to buy THREE sets! 1 carded, two other sets to get the George trooper. Having two of him, 1 carded and one loose.
Cripes that's $150 not including tax. Then add on top of that the other 8 Scouts I want to get, shipping costs for the Georgetroopers and the total with tax is up OVER $250!!!

Tell me that's not screwing the collector?
And I thought getting the Mace Windu Ep. I preview figure was a pain in the *** back in the day. With any luck George Trooper will also glut up and crap out at bargain prices through the Fan Club. Just wishful thinking on my part I suppose.:rolleyes:

Turbowars
03-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Looks like they figured out how to insure they sell all those Greedos that would otherwise have been warming the pegs.I think Greedo looks pretty good. I like his separate belt. Since you have to get all 5 to get a free Stormy Lucas for 4.95 :rolleyes: I don't think he will be on any pegs for too long.

TheDarthVader
03-15-2006, 11:31 AM
I agree. The greedo looks great. He is definitely the "definitive greedo". Looks like I will have to give my other greedos to my young nephew when he gets older.

B.
TDV

Lazer Brain
03-17-2006, 05:00 PM
warstar ... might have to check the dumpster...LOL ,if they get damaged or loose ones . a guy was telling his story at a toy show here how he lived near the old sears distributor , and got trash bags full of weapons! I would call it BS but he has handfulls of original blasters and rifles.
later

Bel-Cam Jos
05-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I mailed away for mine this week. Now I just have to hope my mail carrier delivers the thing (there've been some missing items latetly :mad: ).

TheDarthVader
05-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Man. I still haven't found these figures at Walmart yet. I refuse to pay $11.99 at target for these. When I find them, I am going to get two sets.

B.
TDV

Jaff
05-27-2006, 05:27 PM
About two weeks ago I mailed away for two Lucas figs reaching over $120. I would like them to be packaged, but we'll see. I will say that I noticed something about these figs. When they first came out the protective cases were resealable, so you could order the figs and then seal them back up. Now all the VOTC fig protective cases are sealed. What's up with that Hasbro. That means if someone wants a packaged collection of these they will have to fork out $100!

bobafrett
05-28-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure how my packages are, sealed or taped, because mine are all on layaway, will be mid June before I can get mine out. I did pick up another Scout and Tusken and the cases were sealed, still are until I get the other 10 to check on the best packaged ones.

Turbowars
05-28-2006, 09:44 PM
I think Greedo looks pretty good. I like his separate belt. Since you have to get all 5 to get a free Stormy Lucas for 4.95 :rolleyes: I don't think he will be on any pegs for too long.Well I stand corrected, there's about 10 Greedo's and Han's at my local Target. I wonder when these guys will go on clearance? I

kool-aid killer
05-29-2006, 02:09 PM
So where the figues that were tape sealed released earlier, or where they done after the heat seal? I recently got a Biker Scout that was tape sealed from the lone local KB, and i had got all five of them at Shopko and they were also taped shut, but when ive seen them at Target and Walmart (which theoretically move figures faster than Shopko and KB) theyve all been heat sealed. But i guess, in the end it being heat sealed is better, since we all know that there are fans out there that have no trouble ripping off others if they can.

Kidhuman
05-30-2006, 01:57 AM
I heard of all the taped being found before the heat sealed ones.

jonthejedi
06-04-2006, 04:18 AM
Has anyone who mailed away for the Lucas Stormie actually received theirs...my check for shipping cleared the end of May. It's probably coming 12th class US mail.

kool-aid killer
06-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Nope, i dont remember exactly how long, but i thought it was going to take a bit before they actually mailed out the Georgetrooper to those who sent for him. Im not expecting it within this month though, but would be very pleased if it did arrive sometime soon.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Nope, i dont remember exactly how long, but i thought it was going to take a bit before they actually mailed out the Georgetrooper to those who sent for him. Im not expecting it within this month though, but would be very pleased if it did arrive sometime soon.I believe the form said it would be mailed between 6/30/06 and 12/31/06, therefore, it WILL BE ON YOUR DOORSTOP OR IN YOUR MAILBOX EXACTLY ON JUNE 30 if you've already ordered it. Because, why would there be any delays in the postal service or a toy corporation?

DarthQuack
06-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Just mailed mine in today, I expect it probably around xmas.:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
06-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Hasbro cashed my check a few weeks ago so I know my order is in. But I mailed mine a while ago so I dont expect to wait too long when they start shipping.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-15-2006, 11:37 AM
This whole sticker thing has TOTALLY been toward my advantage...I got from Ebay of all places, 5 VTSC Biker Scouts for 7 bucks each, still sealed on the card and in the shell, except that the person cut a little whole on the bottom of the shell to remove the sticker. Since I don't want the gl figure, I grabbed these suckers up and now have a nice little army of VTSC scouts (found some more at retail too). :thumbsup:

dindae
06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Weird I could see that with other figures but I'm surprised by the Biker Scout. I can't imagine wanting more than two Lucas troopers. Plus why buy extra scout just for the sticker there are plenty of army builders I'm sure you could hit up for a cheap sticker. I have two I believe if anyone needs them.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-15-2006, 01:07 PM
He had around 25 of each of the VTSC figures that he was selling this way, so I assume he's either going to sell the stickers as a whole group, or send in for the GL figure and then sell those on ebay, either of which I'm sure will make him a handsome profit.

I'm just glad I got some scouts out of it :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
06-15-2006, 09:06 PM
I just mailed out the redemption form for my Lucas figure today. WOOHOO!! :rolleyes: :D

Reefer Shark
06-15-2006, 10:30 PM
I mailed 2 forms about 3 weeks ago, don't expect to get 'em for a while.

I did actually see the figure yesterday at a collector joint though. He looks really cool! ...too bad they wanted $79 dollars for it :rolleyes: I hope it sits in that scaplers nest until it rots.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I bought a VTSC Scout trooper for army building yesterday at Walmart, got it home and realized someone had taken the sticker out...nicely done too lol Again, I can't say how HAPPY I am that I don't want that awful lucas figure sharing my house with me.

These little gimmicks are making many collectors into IDIOTS!! And I'm not talking about you guys here who faithfully buy or trade and send your stickers in for the figure, just idiots who are most obviously "adult" slipping their greasy little fingers into a plastic toy to get a little sticker so they can send away for another little plastic toy :rolleyes:

What is WRONG with people?

Reefer Shark
06-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Really, what is wrong with these people?? It's so sad that our hobby seems to attract so many people with absolutely no morals...

I want the Lucas figure pretty bad, but never in a milion years would I even think about stealing to get him. Same thing goes for those people that swap out figures and return them.... so sad.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Really, what is wrong with these people?? It's so sad that our hobby seems to attract so many people with absolutely no morals...

I want the Lucas figure pretty bad, but never in a milion years would I even think about stealing to get him. Same thing goes for those people that swap out figures and return them.... so sad.

See it makes me mad cuz I could have given someone the sticker that needed it who wants GL figure, but no, some idiot had to ruin it! :upset:

bobafrett
06-17-2006, 11:03 PM
I just got mine off of lay away, but I haven't opened them up yet to see if I have the stickers are still intact. They should be seeing as I got there just as the store opened. One thing I did notice is I had bought all my figures from a single pre packed tray. However there were say one Greedo with the taped edges, and one with the sealed edges. This goes for some of the other figures as well. Most of mine have the taped edges though, so I will open those up and hope for the best as far as finding the sticker needed to get me an Uncle George in armor.

Reefer Shark
06-17-2006, 11:39 PM
Hey Frett,
You can see if the stickers are in there before you buy 'em. Just look at the package from a back-angle before you get 'em from layaway. You should see the little package stuck to the inner-front of the clamshell (behind the cardstock at the bottom).

You should be all good with them though if you got 'em straight out of the case.:thumbsup:

doch18
06-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Has everyone who has ordered the figure had their check clear? I sent mine on May 20th, but it hasn't cleared.

El Chuxter
06-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Mine's cleared as well, and I sent it sometime around the 10th of May. I would assume they're going through a massive pile of checks. :)

JediTricks
06-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Mine cleared just 5 days ago, but I sent it in a little late.

TheDarthVader
06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I know the form says 4-6 weeks, but how long has it taken (for you guys) to receive your lucas figure?

dindae
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
I haven't seen anyone posting that they have recieved the figure through the mail in method but they cashed my check May 23. So at least 4 weeks.

jedi-cpa
06-21-2006, 10:37 PM
but it soundslike everyone has experienced a delay

PHEW!!!

Kidhuman
06-21-2006, 11:46 PM
I mailed mine in today, so it has not cleared either. :beard:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2006, 10:48 AM
I know the form says 4-6 weeks, but how long has it taken (for you guys) to receive your lucas figure?To repeat, the form also says they'll ship between June 30 and December 31, 2006. So if Hasbro is telling the truth, no one should receive theirs prior to next Friday. I just hope that this figure doesn't keep having variants made because the technology wasn't up to what they wanted to do with the figure, and they refuse to make the original ones available for purchase anymore under the statement "it's our figure and the special editions of it we made are the true visions we had."

trandoshan666
06-22-2006, 12:59 PM
They still haven't cashed my check yet, and I sent it quite a while ago. I'm starting to worry that the USPS lost my letter. :(

jjreason
06-22-2006, 01:34 PM
My cheque hasn't been cashed either (mind you, I'm using the Canadian offer - but you'd think they'd cash the cheques upon receipt).

Might be worth starting a thread over, so we can all see whether or not anyone has seen their cheque come off yet.

jjreason
06-22-2006, 01:39 PM
Just checking :rolleyes: :D ....

I sent mine in over a month ago, my cheque has not cleared. I'd like to get an idea as to whether or not most people's have or have not.

If yours has cleared, please post the date it happened (approximate would be fine), and also the approximate amount of time that passed between you mailing in your envelope the money coming out of your account.

Thanks!!!

dindae
06-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Mine cleared 5-23. I think I mailed it in a week before that or two weeks at the most.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-22-2006, 01:46 PM
My cheque hasn't been cashed either (mind you, I'm using the Canadian offer - but you'd think they'd cash the cheques upon receipt).

Might be worth starting a thread over, so we can all see whether or not anyone has seen their cheque come off yet.

They only cash "checks" not "cheques" ;)

j/k couldn't resist :love:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2006, 01:54 PM

j/k couldn't resist :love:And to complete the trilogy, I heard in the Balkans in eastern Europe they don't cash Czechs, either. :greedy:

Kidhuman
06-22-2006, 01:56 PM
not yet as I sent it today

Bel-Cam Jos
06-22-2006, 02:06 PM
After I put on my car's seatbelt with a click, I checked out my bank, Cheques and Finances of Czechoslovakia. The chick there couldn't help, so I went home quick and clicked on their website. I found out that it'll be a month on June 23 since I sent it in and my check's not cleared yet. My cheeks are sunken with sadness; I hope I'm not up a creek.

bobafrett
06-22-2006, 11:55 PM
I have yet to open mine up, but then I just picked them up from lay way last week.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-23-2006, 12:18 PM
After I put on my car's seatbelt with a click, I checked out my bank, Cheques and Finances of Czechoslovakia. The chick there couldn't help, so I went home quick and clicked on their website. I found out that it'll be a month on June 23 since I sent it in and my check's not cleared yet. My cheeks are sunken with sadness; I hope I'm not up a creek.

THAT was brilliant!! :whip: :yes:

jjreason
06-26-2006, 11:07 AM

j/k couldn't resist :love:

That explains it.... :cross-eye

Don't you think "cheque" sounds much more exotic though? "Y'all" need to move on up to Canada, hear? :D

bobafrett
06-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Finally opened up a set of these, and all five stickers were there, now to find the required money to send with the stickers in the Chexs cereal.

TheDarthVader
06-26-2006, 11:07 PM
My grandfather was full blooded Czechoslovakian. I am offended. :(

j/k (but he was 100% Czech)

jjreason
06-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Believe it or not, a few users of another site based in Canada received their figures today (pics provided and everything - no hoax). At least up here, they've started sending them out.

trandoshan666
06-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Damn, and my check still hasn't cleared.:upset:

pegger
06-27-2006, 09:08 PM
I received my 2 George's today. And no - the "check" hasn't cleared yet...

geez - I feel so dirty not using cheque....

trandoshan666
06-28-2006, 09:32 AM
I received my 2 George's today. And no - the "check" hasn't cleared yet...

geez - I feel so dirty not using cheque....

Good to hear! At least there's still hope. What do you think of them?
I wonder why they haven't cashed/deposited the cheques. :twisted:

pegger
06-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Good to hear! At least there's still hope. What do you think of them?
I wonder why they haven't cashed/deposited the cheques. :twisted:

I have stopped trying to understand Hasbro....

Hasbro Canada is even less logical.

I'll go post a review!!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-28-2006, 11:06 AM
My grandfather was full blooded Czechoslovakian. I am offended. :(

j/k (but he was 100% Czech)But if you checked (no pun intended) my post, I said they had a bank. A bank! That's mad props to the Czechs! Away put your 'sad' emoticon, I mean you no harm... :rolleyes:

Tomorrow is The Day, June 30, 2006, so my figure will be in my mailbox since the form said so. And I expect to find the Great Pumpkin in 4 months and a day, too. :o

doch18
06-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Mailed mine around May 20, and it cleared on June 26.

JediTricks
06-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Tomorrow is The Day, June 30, 2006, so my figure will be in my mailbox since the form said so. And I expect to find the Great Pumpkin in 4 months and a day, too. :oTomorrow is actually June 29th. :p

K M Toydarian
06-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Tomorrow is The Day, June 30, 2006, so my figure will be in my mailbox since the form said so. And I expect to find the Great Pumpkin in 4 months and a day, too. :o
That scared me for second. I had to go check my unmailed form for the expiration date.
I thought I read your post as the due date for mailing, not the first "arrival" date. Thought that was too soon to end. whew.
Still haven't sent out for my Lucas. I seem to procrastinate on this kind of stuff. Sent out for the eary bird set on the last day (before the second extension - and bought it the first day it was out.)
I am looking forward to him as the carded set looks nice together, and with more VTSC coming, it is a nice alternative to a too expensive vintage set.

I think still, I would have preferred a '77 Director Lucas figure though. Hasbro must have some old flannel shirt body somewhere they could have used. Somehow, even though he created it, I don't see George dressing up as a Stormtrooper.

Joshkj
06-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Im in the same boat as you k m, I have yet to mail mine in!

jedi-cpa
06-29-2006, 07:29 AM
I wrote my check 5/16, it just cashed today. So take heart!!!

Jayspawn
06-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Hasbro cashed my check a few months ago. I suspect I'm on an early mailing (I hope).

Bel-Cam Jos
06-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Tomorrow is actually June 29th. :pBut now it is today... I was just living in the future, until this post is archived, I guess. :o

My BSLOS for my error:

"I know, I know for sure
Meng nong neng non nong non meng
I know, I know it's you
Meng nong neng non nong non meng"

Darth Kev
06-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Okay, I only read the first 3 pages of this and what I don't get is that nobody seems to be complaining about the fact that they have to open a set. I opened my five to send away for the GL, and even though the figures are still carded MOC (except the Tusken, I HAD to open that one, it's fantastic) now the clamshells protecting them are destroyed because Hasbro sealed them and made it impossible to open without a good razor, never mind the steady hand to not nick the cardboard back or figure. I also bent the corner of my Luke a little when trying to get it out of the plastic case. THIS is what I find retarded about this whole situation. Not that I had to spend $100 to get two of each, but that only 5 will be preserved in cases and five not preserved (with the exception of my Tusken).

I wouldn't mind buying ten if I knew they would ALL be preserved unscathed. They could have done this a better way, like have all five bar codes be proof of purchase on the receipts where we got them and have one of those pads at the store where you tear off your own mail-in form. Maybe the clerks could hand out the little silver sticker tags when someone bought one, or keep them at the courtesy desk and give out to people presenting their receipt after purchasing them.

It's either spend the extra $50 on a second set and open them to get the proofs, or spend the $50 for the figure on ebay in a month-- either way it's gonna cost around 50 or 60 bucks to get the GL fig, might as well get the five others also for that fifty.

Maybe I should just open all five, but then, who needs yet another Greedo or Luke X-wing to display. Uggggggghhhhhh!

I didn't have a problem finding them all at TRU and at Target. Haven't seen them at WalMart though, but my local WalMart sucks for SW stuff so I don't expect to see them until the first wave of people start reporting getting theirs.

Hopefully this will be it though. No more VOTC figures please. Too expensive for us "openers" who don't want to open these particular ones. Bring back the original Unleashed line instead, the little ones suck and are all peg-warmers in my area stores.

Fwad
06-29-2006, 08:02 PM
I wish they would have just used the POP from the basic figure line.

bobafrett
06-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Darth Kev, I bought 2 of each, 5 to open for the GL figure, and the other 5 are added to my carded figures. I was lucky enough to get some of my clam shells sealed with tape, but three of the figures I have carded have the sealed edge to them.

timmae
06-29-2006, 09:59 PM
i bought a couple too. there was no good way of doing this. the sealed clamshell was a great idea. i saw tons of the pops removed and returned figures. maybee just sell it as an exclusive and fleece us then? no one is forcing us to buy this stuff but ourselves. just too much cool stuff. it's kind of like putting beer in a soda machine outside of aa meetings. anyway, i'll bet they start rolling in the next week or so. can't wait to see what i got for my 107 bucks!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Well, my check was cashed on the 30th (and it was a Star Wars brand check! That should've moved me towards the head of the line! :mad: :rolleyes: ), so I'll just have to quote Homer Simpson now: "Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it..."

"Wait for it... wait for it... wait for it..."

"wait... for it... wait... for it... wait... for it...":cross-eye

K M Toydarian
07-02-2006, 05:24 PM
I agree that the pops could have been handled different, and the heat sealing was a "best they could do" situation. The cards could have been designed better to make it easier to open and still be left with a good looking card.
I actually was able to slice the bottom and sides in a way that still preserves the clamshell and can still close. But still, I want all my VTSC to look as good as my VOTC too. Oh well, maybe next time they will think ahead.

Kidhuman
07-02-2006, 06:04 PM
My Check cleared on the 28th.

TheDarthVader
07-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Yep it is sad that hasbro decided to put those stupid upc's in there in such a stupid way. And I have had to recycle all of my plastic clamshells because I can't open them neatly enough to salvage any protective cases. Oh well.

waboritas
07-05-2006, 04:20 PM
I picked up the Luke at Target for $11.99 ($12.59 with tax) last week. Today I ordered the rest of them on hasbrotoyshop.com. Total with tax and shipping was $47 and change. There are no biker scouts on the pegs and gas is too expensive to drive all over the world. I caved took it on the chin and bought these so I could get the George Stormie. Brings my total purchases to $75 this year. Worst part is that only got me 8 figures (all from retail, none scalped).

trandoshan666
07-06-2006, 11:00 AM
So, has anyone in the U.S. gotten one of these in the mail yet?

jonthejedi
07-07-2006, 04:30 AM
Giant Food stores(owned by Stop & Shop) is selling Vintage in their seasonal section for 9.99. Just F.Y.I. Usually near Superman Returns toys.

UKWildcat
07-07-2006, 10:38 AM
My Check cleared on the 28th.

You're check has already cleared kh? I sent my check in about a week before you did and mine still hasn't been cashed. I hope it didn't get lost or something. :(

Kidhuman
07-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Sorry dude, I guess they like me. Must be becuase they havent made the must have and they are making up for it.

Thunderbird
07-10-2006, 06:42 PM
I sent a m.o. out on April 22 and I just received my two figures today. Check those mailboxes:thumbsup:

At least they didn't wait til Dec. to send them out.

figrin bran
07-10-2006, 09:12 PM
i got mine today. tape sealed version. ;)

El Chuxter
07-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Mine came today, too. Yippee!!

Now what do I do with it?

Turbowars
07-10-2006, 10:00 PM

Now what do I do with it?LOL that's funny you should ask, because I was wondering the same thing. I guess it's just a novelty item. You can always open him up and use him as a standard trooper.:D

Bel-Cam Jos
07-11-2006, 11:26 AM

Now what do I do with it?Lucky... :cry:

Option #1: Set him up in a diarama [insert Ralph Wiggum sound bite here] with all the characters made into figures that were post-Special Editions, where Lucas Trooper points for the original character figures to leave.

Option #2: Set him up in a diarama [see above] where he's the trooper bumping his head on the Death Star bunkhead.

Option #3: Set up a blah-blah-blah where he talks with Battle Droid Head Threepio while Chewie rips the arm out of Removable Limbs Threepio near a Desjarik table.

Option #4: Send him to me. :p

dindae
07-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Option #1: Set him up in a diarama [insert Ralph Wiggum sound bite here] with all the characters made into figures that were post-Special Editions, where Lucas Trooper points for the original character figures to leave.

Very nice still laughing.

DarthGrizzle
07-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Got mine today as well...:grin:

timmae
07-11-2006, 09:17 PM

Now what do I do with it?

got mine today, after a 13 hr workday, the box was damaged. the starcase was okay though. sheeeew. i thought i got a bad one, although the card is not great condition either. i hope my next one looks better. sidenote- i still have an extra baron if someone wants to trade a sacul loose for it. i can add to sweetin/even the deal too. just pm me only, don't want to junk up the thread. i am not let down by the lucas. a stormy is good anyway it comes. the packaging is cool. it is a carded figure and did not come in a little box, so that is cool too.:thumbsup:

UKWildcat
07-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Quick question for you all - About how long did it take for your check to clear after you mailed it?

Kidhuman
07-11-2006, 11:33 PM
about 10 days

trandoshan666
07-12-2006, 10:17 AM
about 10 days

Oh man, it's been more than a month for me, and it still hasn't cleared :sad:.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Quick question for you all - About how long did it take for your check to clear after you mailed it?About 5 weeks for me, but I have yet to receive the item.

the box was damaged. the starcase was okay though. sheeeew. i thought i got a bad one, although the card is not great condition either. ... i am not let down by the lucas. a stormy is good anyway it comes. the packaging is cool. it is a carded figure and did not come in a little box, so that is cool too. :thumbsup: For some reason I was under the impression it would be in those figure-sized white boxes; cool to know that it's with a card. However, now I'm in a dilly of a pickle: to open or not to open? That was not a question if it was just in a small box. Hmm...

UKWildcat
07-18-2006, 10:52 PM
My check finally got cashed today. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 06:17 AM
Its about time.

UKWildcat
07-19-2006, 02:24 PM
No kidding man. :crazed:

pbarnard
09-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Sent a money order in the middle of june, still nothing...any suggestions?

timmae
09-05-2006, 07:40 PM
my sugestion you will not like. as always sit back and be patient, it will come.:hurt:

TheDarthVader
09-05-2006, 09:12 PM
They are just being extremely slow. My checks have been cashed a month or so ago and no figures. I am getting three of these: one to open, one to keep carded, and one to give my friend as a gift on his birthday. I am still waiting for two of the figures to get here. They are S L O W.

bobafrett
09-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Same here. I had my check cashed, still no figures.

Slicker
09-20-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm still in need of a single sticker. If anyone happens to have an extra they won't use then shoot me a PM please.:thumbsup:

pbarnard
09-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Should've replied last friday...

Got mine. I have a huge man crush on it. I put him in a display with my EU Dark Troopers, Space Troopers, Thrawn, Emperor, Vader and POTF2 Royal Guards as the true leader of the Imperial Procession.

GL is the ruler of the Empire!

Jango Speck
09-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Got mine yesterday, exactly two months after the check cashed. Then I noticed that they cashed my 2nd check 8 days after I mailed it!! Hopefully they're shipping it right away.

Luuuuuuke
09-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Question: Now that Hasbro takes stickers from any of the figures, you don't need the form from X-Wing Luke, right? Can you just write that information on a separate paper, or what?

Kidhuman
09-20-2006, 08:54 PM
Question: Now that Hasbro takes stickers from any of the figures, you don't need the form from X-Wing Luke, right? Can you just write that information on a separate paper, or what?

I beleive you have to print out the order form on SW.com for it. The link is somewhere around here. &

pbarnard
09-20-2006, 09:33 PM

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/newsID.1C9E24FC-D56F-E112-432BEA69258A9E4C/page.news/dn/default.cfm

But now the link isn't working. You do need the PDF.

Darth Instigator
09-20-2006, 09:42 PM
I thin I saved it at home, I will check tomorrow and upload it

bobafrett
09-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Shoot, because I picked up two more Tuskens at $1.00 each today from my Wal-Mart. I think that gives me enough to order another Lucas figure. But without the form it's useless.

Jango Speck
09-20-2006, 11:02 PM
I have the form as a pdf, but it's too large for the size limit on this forum. I'd be happy to email it to anyone who wants it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Spotted the figures today while shopping at KRoger for 4.99 and figured, "eh, that's as cheap as i'll see them." picked up like 3 Han's, a Tusken and Greedo. Gonna send them off tomorrow. wooo woo! :crazed:

Slicker
10-13-2006, 07:33 AM
My check just got cashed so hopefully he's on his way to my merry lil' mail box.:thumbsup:

TheCivilCollector
10-13-2006, 04:14 PM
How long has it been taking for people to receive these?

My check was cashed late August and it still hasn't shown up.

Hmmmmm..... mailbox thief?

:::EDIT:::
I looked back a ways and am seeing that my problem isn't unique. They werent kidding about 6-10 weeks, I guess.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-19-2006, 11:28 AM
They cashed my check, so i should see ole' Georgie boy by what, Thanksgiving? :thumbsup:

JediTricks
10-19-2006, 03:26 PM
I sent in my check late last week and it cleared 2 days ago.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-07-2006, 08:27 PM
How long has it been taking for people to receive these?

My check was cashed late August and it still hasn't shown up.

Hmmmmm..... mailbox thief?

:::EDIT:::
I looked back a ways and am seeing that my problem isn't unique. They werent kidding about 6-10 weeks, I guess.I got my second one yesterday, and it was probably about 6-10 weeks after it was cashed (which was less than a month after I mailed it). Now I can free Mr. Lucas from his plastic prison. And how will I do it? Faster, and more intense[ly]. :D

DarkArtist
11-08-2006, 08:07 AM
my check was cased back in May and the figure arrived in early October.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2006, 03:36 PM
So I opened ol' Georgie. And now I own an unopened one and an opened one. Why I thought they're be something special about it is beyond me.

bobafrett
11-12-2006, 06:56 AM
I still have both of mine sealed in the case. Same with the CII Lucas, or should I say Sacul?

Slicker
12-01-2006, 09:44 AM
I just read on anotheR Site that this has been extended yet again. The new dead date is February 28, 2007.

It apparently has something to do with Kohl's getting new stock in.

EDIT: Also I still haven't received my Lucastrooper. I'm starting to think that he may be a casualty of me moving. I turned in my change of address form the day I moved in to my new place so he probably got delivered to my old addy that same day.

Darth Cruel
12-01-2006, 10:03 AM
I am glad to hear this.

But I pretty much expected it. In fact, I am so unimpressed with the figure and I was so sure it would be extended, that I was carrying around 3 sets of stickers to mail off for the last week and every time I was ready to go to the post office and send them off, I chose to do other stuff instead like buying army builder figures that I already have 50 of like the Utapau Clones and #41 Clones, buying junk food, topping of a 3/4 full tank of gas...

JediTricks
12-01-2006, 03:23 PM
They cashed my check ages ago, but I still have not received my second Trooper. I think this is ultimately the fly in the ointment on this deal.

Slicker
12-01-2006, 06:20 PM
I think this is ultimately the fly in the ointment on this deal.What the hell are you talkin' about?

Jango Speck
12-04-2006, 01:53 PM
According to Hasbro, the deadline has been extended to February 28, 2007 !!

JediTricks
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
What the hell are you talkin' about?
They're not showing up in a timely fashion.

Slicker
12-05-2006, 05:43 PM
They're not showing up in a timely fashion.I'd just never heard that phrase before.

JediTricks
12-06-2006, 03:14 PM
You've never heard "a fly in the ointment" before? It's not that uncommon, here's a somewhat crappy article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_in_the_ointment

El Chuxter
12-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Slicker, didn't your mom teach you anything when you were a kid?

Wait a second, don't answer that. :eek:

Slicker
12-06-2006, 07:59 PM
You've never heard "a fly in the ointment" before? It's not that uncommon, here's a somewhat crappy article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fly_in_the_ointmentHmmm...learn something new everyday. Thanks for the explination, JT.:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Got my figure early last week and I'm very pleased with it. Then again, I did only pay 20ish for it. :crazed:

But it does look MUCH better in person in comparison from what i saw in the pics. Awesome! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 03:42 PM
I got my second one late last week finally.

Slicker
12-18-2006, 03:54 PM
I got my second one late last week finally.Still no sign of mine.

I'm thinkin' it got lost in the shuffle of me moving apartments. No biggie. I'll get one eventually.

JediTricks
12-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Moving could have done it, but mine took 8 weeks from the time they cashed the check to arrive, so it could be any day now since your check cashed right before mine.

Slicker
01-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Moving could have done it, but mine took 8 weeks from the time they cashed the check to arrive, so it could be any day now since your check cashed right before mine.And moving along with a stupid error on both of our parts (I guess) is what did it.

I got a letter in the mail today saying that the package was "undeliverable" to my old addy and also saying that the address I gave them was wrong.

They had it down as sucker1138@yahoo.com when it's actually slicker1138@yahoo.com. I write everything in capital letters and apparently my "L" and I" ran together to form a "U".

I'm sending the form back with my correct address and they said they'd send it out to me ASAP.

El Chuxter
01-10-2007, 02:51 PM
And with that post, the amount of spam sent to Slicker increased exponentially. :)

JediTricks
01-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Hee hee, "sucker1138"

Slicker
01-10-2007, 11:30 PM
And with that post, the amount of spam sent to Slicker increased exponentially. :)That's why I have a bulk folder.:thumbsup:

Slicker
01-22-2007, 06:39 PM
I finally got this sucker last Friday.

Surprisingly he came in quite possibly the mintiest of minty condition.

I was very pleasantly surprised.

DarthQuack
06-08-2007, 09:19 AM
I've seen this wave of VTSC at my Wal-Mart, just wondering if you think it's still possible to mail in for George?

Kidhuman
06-08-2007, 11:25 AM
No, it ended of 2/28 this year

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Isn't there a new promotion going on with the new wave of VOTC that are hitting the shelves?

figrin bran
06-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes, the mail away offer is for coins.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Isn't there a new promotion going on with the new wave of VOTC that are hitting the shelves?And the cool thing is that you don't have to collect EACH of the figures... you could just buy any 6 and mail in the form (from inside ANY figure) with those stickers. I mailed mine off about a week ago, with a SW stamp (Fett) and my SW checks. :thumbsup: Only 5-7 weeks to go now! :pleased:

figrin bran
06-25-2007, 10:55 AM
I think they've cashed my check already for the vintage coins so I should be seeing them within 5-7 weeks as well.