PDA

View Full Version : Got some questions here...

Darth Ovori
01-23-2002, 02:24 PM
Hi I'm new on this board... but an oldie from the Mcfarlane boards...

I'm Starwars collector and got a few questions...

When will the preview figure be released... ???

Is there going to be any 6" inch figures articulated from AOTC to place next to my other 6" inch lines (of Mac, Mcfarlane etc) ...

Thanx

And may the force be with us...
:D

JEDIpartner
01-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Well... we are guessing the preview four will be hitting the shelves sometime in late February or the beginning of March to allow for enough lead time before the actual line debuts. The jury's still out on whether or not we fans are going to like the new figures as they are overly posed. However... as a fan of the McFarlane stuff... it may not be as much of a concern to you since that is the type of line in which they excel! I have a few McFarlance things and really like the detail, but they really aren't as much toys as they are "movie replicas".

For a larger scale, but not 12" line... there are the freshly announced "Unleashed" figures. I don't know how you will feel about these as they are kinda overly exaggerated... even more so than the basic figure collection. If you check out page one of the "UNLEASHED" thread... you can find a link there in one of SirSteve's posts that will direct you to what I am talking about. The will be about 6" or so from what I can recall.

Again... welcome to the forum and make your presence known!!!

:p

Beast
01-23-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
Hi I'm new on this board... but an oldie from the Mcfarlane boards...I'm Starwars collector and got a few questions...
When will the preview figure be released... ???
Is there going to be any 6" inch figures articulated from AOTC to place next to my other 6" inch lines (of Mac, Mcfarlane etc) ...
Thanx And may the force be with us... :D

First of all, welcome to the boards!

The Preview Assortment has been rumored to appear in March, as that is when stores can start to advertise that they will have E2 merchindise on April 22nd. Currently it's believed to contain Jango, Zam Wessel, CloneTrooper, and R3-T7. It will be the last figures to appear on the POTJ green backer card, though will not have the POTJ title on the cards.

Right now there is no 6" line, and I do not think there is one in the works. There is a line of 7" statues coming called "Star Wars Unleased" they feature McFarlanesc detailing and sculpting, but are not articulated action figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
01-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Thanx for the reply...

I collect McFarlane caue for an extra dollar compare to StarWars a get 3 times the figure in size and detail...

But do agree that the articulation is sometimes useless on them...
I checked those preview figures and I'm just worried that the lack of a normal pose will be a mistake from Hasbro...

I've collected starwars now for 13 years since I was a kid and I enjoy a normal pose with basic articulation, none of this dynamic one pose stuff...

Too bad that Hasbro still won't make 6'inch line... at least the main characters... I feel that the toy market now is mainly concertrated with 6" to 7" inch lines... Oh well I guess customizing will be the only way...

Hmmm, those unleashed look too stereo type and Manga mix... Hmmm Hasbro whats you lot, you've probably got the biggest toy budget...