PDA

View Full Version : Guess the Sideshow exclusive

Master ToNone
03-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Half the fun of seeing the new sideshow line come out is seeing what that exclusive will be. What will the future hold?... Some predictions...

Qui-Gon - Poncho
Dooku - hand held projector of the Death Star
Maul - Sith Probe droid
Ep IV Leia - blaster from Tantive IV
Jango - Slave I pilot head gear
R2 - Holo Leia
Vader - Holo Emperor
Bail Organa- a 2nd costume
C-3PO Original Trilogy - An attachable gold leg like in E III
Tuskin Raider - piece of Luke's Landspeeder
Stormtrooper E VI - dead Ewok

decadentdave
03-11-2006, 12:55 AM
The Tusken Raider should likely have the rifle so it can double as an Episode I Tusken. The Stormtrooper should include the detention block rifle. Leia will probably already include her blaster pistol and the SS ex. should be the Stormtrooper rifle (this is how they did it for the Premium format). I would prefer to have Bail Organa include Baby Leia but since Obi-Wan did not have Baby Luke that kind of makes it difficult to seperate the twins if you'll forgive the pun. Perhaps Beru Lars should include Luke?

It would be really hard (but not impossible) to come up with exclusive accessories for secondary characters. For example, what "exclusive" would you include for somebody like Greedo? The only prop he's ever holding is his blaster. For Ponda Baba you could have the bloody cut off arm. And what about characters that have no props at all? How are they going to distinguish between SS and non-SS? If they are wearing alternate costumes (as in the case of Bail Organa) then it would be easy but there are so many static characters that have no variations in costumes or props. What then?

Samuel Windu
03-11-2006, 05:08 AM
Qui-Gon -----> Jar Jar's tongue:D

K M Toydarian
03-11-2006, 06:53 AM
I really hope the poncho is a basic accessory.
A good exclusive would be holoprojector with the hologram of the Royal Starship.

Sith Lord 0498
03-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Vader - Holo Emperor

Highly doubtful. That would be repeating an exclusive (holographic Emperor is coming with Anakin), and Sideshow doesn't do that. If they made a brand-new hologram, then maybe they could get away with it, but I don't see how they could rework it enough.

Darth Cruel
03-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Leia needs the blaster as a gegular accessory. I hope the exclusive accessory is the disc with the Death Star plans she gives to R2-D2.

I don't think it would be a holo for Darth Vader anyway. In the movies, the Emperor's hologram was huge! Unless it was pre-armor Darth Vader in which case I still say it won't be for the same reason given above. Maybe the interrogation droid. That has to be included with someone. If not Vader, then the Death Star (or Squad for you old-timers) Commando.

Stormtrooper - Is a tough one. Maybe binders. An Ewok would eliminate the possibility of one being made as a release by itself. And I don't want to see the long or short blasters as exclusives so that they can all have both in the regular releases.

Lando Calrissian - I would like to see his exclusive be a deck of Sabaac cards. That way the people who don't like the EU won't have to compete for the exclusive.

Chewbacca - Could also be binders, but I would hope it was the net he carried C-3PO in so that the Stormtrooper could have the binders.

R2-D2 - Pretty much a no-brainer. The holo Leia. But I hope not as that accessory is too important to the character. Maybe one or two of the tools, but I hope the major ones are in the regular edition.

C-3PO - Not the leg, the com-link he spoke to Luke on the Death Star with.

T.I.E. Fighter Pilot - Help me out on that one. I don't have a clue.

Grand Moff Tarkin - Ummm...yeah. I would need help on that one to.

Turbowars
03-11-2006, 12:32 PM
T.I.E. Fighter Pilot - Help me out on that one. I don't have a clue. A bottle of Windex for his lenses.

Grand Moff Tarkin - Ummm...yeah. I would need help on that one to.A tube of Ben Gay.

decadentdave
03-11-2006, 04:35 PM
A tube of Ben Gay.

Ben? Ben Gay? Boy am I glad to see you!!! :D

Captain Spoon
03-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Qui-Gon-probobly the poncho however a 9yr old Anakin would be awesome
Dooku- I could see the deathstar holo
Maul-his body would be painted with the tatoo's from the EU graphic novel
Leia-
Jango- It wouldn't be the headset because his helmet is not coming off, maybe flamethrower effects or someth'n
R2- They said there is a very good chance he dosn't get produced
Vader- Obi's Robe and Lightsaber Hilt (from ANH)
Bail Organa- They probobly won't make him but if they did baby Leia
C-3po- See R2
Stormtrooper- Rumor has it there will be no exclusive, also accessories will be limited to keep cost down for army building. (Just a plain Trooper with a blaster rifle for $25-$30 would be sweet)

Master ToNone
03-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Fode - come with Beed
Boba Fett - either a dead Jedi head (padawan) or the arm and saber of Mace
Any Jedi like Kit who didn't speak and doesn't have a natural exclusive = various parts of a battle droid...like Kit.
Stormtrooper IV - could come with a Rebel Trooper Helmet
Wedge - a young/small nephew named Ewan

AmanaMatt
03-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Qui Gon with Watto!

Master ToNone
03-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Watto would really rock!:thumbsup:

Turbowars
03-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah that would be cool, but I don't think SSC would do that with Watto. Kind of like what they said about Yoda. I think Watto if made will come with some droids or something. What would Yoda come with? Backpack, swamp moster,LOL

Agent23
03-16-2006, 02:39 PM
I really wanna see Qui-Gon come w/Watto or Anakin (as a child in Episode I).

:thumbsup:

Captain Spoon
03-16-2006, 03:03 PM
It will be the Poncho, It was revealed on Sideshow's Production Blog. It looks very nice If I must say :thumbsup: