PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming TSC waves?

ethansports
03-11-2006, 10:25 AM
When are the new TSC waves going to be released? i.e. Battle of Endor, Yavin, Naboo, and Tatooine. Also, have we seen any pictures of these supposedly new figures? Such as:

- From the Battle of Tatooine, Darth Vader, which is listed as "Darth Vader: Bespin Confession" on Rebelscum.com

- From the Battle of Endor, Luke Skywalker is listed as "in Speeder Bike Gear". There is a picture from the February Toyfair of an old Luke Skywalker: Jabba's Palace from the old Saga Collection in the collection of new figures. Could this "Luke in Speeder Bike Gear" just be a rehash of the old Jabba's Palace Luke? That would suck.

- Obi-Wan from the Battle of Naboo. Is this a rehash or a new figure of Obi-Wan from The Phantom Menace?

- Battle of Yavin: Han Solo and Luke Skywalker. Are these figures new?

Of any of the figures I've listed, has anyone seen pictures or have information regarding whether or not these figures are new?

Kidhuman
03-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Next up is the courscant wave and then I believe the cantina wave. After that I dont know.

maatu
03-11-2006, 01:04 PM
i hope we get to see some new figures. what can they really do with the han solo from battle of endor. votc line has that figure already beat. your getting han in trench coat.
oh wouldn't that be cool on the the luke and han from the battle of endor .make it a 2 piece where you get a ewok too. warwick with han solo and ramba with luke. then the ewoks can be somewhat complete

Turbowars
03-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Nothing after what Kidhuman posted has been revealed.

ethansports
03-11-2006, 08:04 PM
no one has really answered my question though... does anyone know if the figures I listed earlier are new or not?

Slicker
03-11-2006, 08:11 PM
No detailed photos of the new figures have been released so it's hard to tell from what small ToyFair pictures we have. Give it about a month and we'll get a glut of new pictures.

Turbowars
03-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Go back and read what I just posted. It said NOTHING has been revealed yet. Toy Fair was the last place new figures poped up and nothing you mentioned was there. The Luke you are talking about is part of a lame Battle pack.:)

Anakin Palpatine
03-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know what this list has to do with?

Anakin Solo
Bastila Shan
Clone Commander (Galactic Marine)
Commander Neyo
Corran Horn
Darth Malak
Darth Maul
Darth Nihilus
Darth Revan
Exar Kun
Hermi Odle
HK-47
Jacen Solo
Jaina Solo
Kir Kanos
Kyle Katarn (Jedi)
Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
Mara Jade Skywalker
Nom Anor
Padme Amidala (snowsuit)
Padme Amidala (AOTC black dress)
Padme Amidala (ROTS funeral)
Quinlan Vos
Willrow Hood ("Ice Cream Maker Guy")
Yarna D'al Gargan

I found this while searching for news but I couldn't read the foriegn lingo that was with it. Anyone know or heard anything? It might just be a fans choice thing but was right in the middle of other to related topics. Thanks!

Turbowars
03-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know what this list has to do with?

Anakin Solo
Bastila Shan
Clone Commander (Galactic Marine)
Commander Neyo
Corran Horn
Darth Malak
Darth Maul
Darth Nihilus
Darth Revan
Exar Kun
Hermi Odle
HK-47
Jacen Solo
Jaina Solo
Kir Kanos
Kyle Katarn (Jedi)
Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
Mara Jade Skywalker
Nom Anor
Padme Amidala (snowsuit)
Padme Amidala (AOTC black dress)
Padme Amidala (ROTS funeral)
Quinlan Vos
Willrow Hood ("Ice Cream Maker Guy")
Yarna D'al Gargan

I found this while searching for news but I couldn't read the foriegn lingo that was with it. Anyone know or heard anything? It might just be a fans choice thing but was right in the middle of other to related topics. Thanks!It's the voting results for the recent Toy Fair Magazin Fan Poll. Now we all have to vote for one of these for Hasbro to make. I know my Yarna and Ice Man don't stand a chance with all the lame EU crap. Yeah I said it, "LAME EU CRAP.";)

Blackened88
03-11-2006, 09:57 PM
where do you vote? do i have to buy the mag?

timmae
03-11-2006, 10:45 PM
i vote for 2 clones per case!

Kidhuman
03-11-2006, 10:53 PM
I agree with Turbo, this EU crap has got to go. Clones are ok, but for this, it is ridiculous how many EU is on the list. Yarna and Willrow dont stand a chance, sad to say.

jedi master sal
03-12-2006, 01:45 AM
I agree with Turbo, this EU crap has got to go. Clones are ok, but for this, it is ridiculous how many EU is on the list. Yarna and Willrow dont stand a chance, sad to say.

Actually I do, and here's why. While KOTOR fans will clamor for the figs, they aren't as big a following as collecitng in general. Plus with so many coming from just KOTOR fans will have to decide which one they want, which will diminish the votes per figure. Okay sure we can vote more than once, but how many people are going to go through the effort to vote more than say 2-3 times. Yes there will be some, but I don't think enough to sway the vote.

On the other hand, Yarna and ICMG (Ice Cream Maker Guy) have had HUGE "followings" for a long time. ICMG has had a petition website up for quite a few years and Yarna ALWAYS gets brought up when discussions hapen regarding fan choice figs.

The other thing that both of them have going for themselves is that they are MOVIE figures, thus considered canon. Which canon minded collectors would more likely vote on. Also throw into the mix that they are both OT characters and they position themselves for a strong showing.

I truly forsee it coming down to those two in actual votes.

However will they be the ones made? NO

Why? because Hasbro has said they have no interest in making the fat dancer and ICMG is TOO obscure of a character to be made.

Of the rumored list I think we are much more apt to seeing the following made, and certainly before Yarna and ICMG (and roughly in this order):

1)Quinlan Vos
2)Clone Commander (Galactic Marine)
3)Commander Neyo
4)Kir Kanos
5)Mara Jade Skywalker

Why. Okay here's why:
Quinlan is a much sought after EU character that since his name was mentioned in ROTS has technically become canon. Besides he's "easy on the eyes" and a Jedi which make him popular in Hasbro's eyes.
The Galactic Marine is another clone that I have every belief was going to get doen anyway. With the votes it just means Hasbro will push up the schedule to get him made
Commander Neyo is yet another clone and an officer to boot. Gree and Bly sold phenominally(sp?) well. Neyo also is basically a minor retool and a new helmet for the Target clone,so if Hasbro can save money reusing part of a previous mold you know they will
Kir Kanos will probably get a lot of nods from members from the 501st. Also the ROTS Royal Guards are widely regarded as the best sculpt for Royal guards ever. Hasbro would just need to make a helmetless one with an interchangeable helmet and wham Kir Kanos.
While Mara Jade Skywalker has already been done, she's still one of the most popular EU characters. I think Hasbro even realizes that the previous incaration was woefully inadequate, so we have a chance for a new fig. Plus with the outcry for more female figs, she fits the bill nicely.

-Sal

Kidhuman
03-12-2006, 01:57 AM
The Galactic Marine is another clone that I have every belief was going to get doen anyway. With the votes it just means Hasbro will push up the schedule to get him made
Commander Neyo is yet another clone and an officer to boot. Gree and Bly sold phenominally(sp?) well. Neyo also is basically a minor retool and a new helmet for the Target clone,so if Hasbro can save money reusing part of a previous mold you know they will
-Sal

These two shouldnt even have a vote wasted on them. Hasbro has been giving us the army builders/clones we have been asking for, so why waste a vote when they are sure to come.

JawaJoe
03-12-2006, 02:07 AM
I agree. Hasbro knows clones sell. They will make every clone we want even if they dont win the poll. People pls dont vote for clones.

Darth Cruel
03-13-2006, 11:06 AM
These two shouldnt even have a vote wasted on them. Hasbro has been giving us the army builders/clones we have been asking for, so why waste a vote when they are sure to come.

I disagree. I also believe that these figures will eventually be made. But I view these polls differently. They are not intended to be used solely to get figures made that may not otherwise get made. Although that is a good REASON to vote, it is not the sole intent of the poll. The intent is to give us all a chance to tell Hasbro which figure each one of us wants for whatever the reason.

And there are two reasons I don't want to see Yarna made. The primary one is that I HATE the character. The bottom line is that the character was more disgusting to me than I care to have shoved in my face every time I look at my collection. It is bad enough that I have to watch my favorite of the six movies less frequently than I would like just because she is in it. She would have a place in my collection...but it is at the very end and at the bottom of my desparation list.

The other reason is the same reason I would vote for the Clones above all others. And that is because Hasbro will do a better job on the Clone figure than on most others. And keeping that in mind, I am almost willing to bet that if Yarna got made, she would be a very poor quality figure. From the sculpt to the paint app to the articulation, she would be a three time loser. Now I can't say that for sure. But I am very comfortable with that assumption.

I also know that not all of the clones made are perfect either, but they have a better chance due to the pre-existing super-articulated sculpts than ANY other character does at having a worthwhile job done on it.

And so I am sorry, but I will be voting for the clones. Most likely Neyo because I feel that the other one is more likely to be made sooner because we already have the Target exclusive clone that is supposed to be from Neyo's legion. Most of the other choices I see as novelty figures much like the "Let's paint a Darth Vader red for Christmas" figure.

And if Hasbro has ANY integrity, they would not allow a choice whose figure is in production or soon-to-be. I realize that Hasbro has given us zero reason to believe they do have that integrity, but I choose to maintain hope a little longer.

Edit - Oh, and I forgot to mention. I highly doubt that this will be the last poll. So the POSSIBILITY of Yarna being made (shudder) won't die after this one.

Kidhuman
03-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Why vote for the clone if you know Hasbro will make it? No matter how anyone explains it, it doesnt make sense. Its like winning a trip on a game show to your home town.

DarkArtist
03-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Why vote for the clone if you know Hasbro will make it? No matter how anyone explains it, it doesnt make sense. Its like winning a trip on a game show to your home town.

But by that line of thought why vote for a obscure figures such as Yarna or ICMG. If we already know that Hasbro has no interest in making these two figures why throw away a vote. Plus you also have to look at the Hasbro mindside of the situation, Yarna and ICMG will unfortunately peg-warm. Kids are not going to be interested in seeing a six breasted fat chic and a lame guy in a lame running pose holding a ice cream maker.

As far as the clone situation,yes again a wasted vote. Hasbro will eventually make these figures. Plus why vote when after the concept comes out people are just going to trash the figure anyway. Look at the posts for Cody, Scorch and Gree. In my opinion three of the best clones aside from the SA clone and yet people are constantly bashing them. But here's the funny question..... if the figures were so bad looking why are they so hard to find ? With the exception of Cody, who hasn't been released yet, Gree main complaints were on the crappy paint job, or lack of official star wars looking costume. Scorch, a favorite among the EU community and a figure asked but the gaming community as well, complaints Scorch looks like poo. nuff said.

The best bet and sorry to say, is EU. (and a boo fills the audience) Star Wars, will now be faced with the EU world as there are no more movies, the cartoon and TV series are still a long ways off, and the only new Star Wars material being released is in the form of games, comics, and novels, the dreaded EU invasion. I myself will be voting for the EU characters in this poll.

I never ask anyone to follow my lead or my thoughts but look at past posts from others as well as the complaint posts on figures that have been made and ask yourself, If Hasbro really makes the figures I want are they going to be the way I want them? Also if your answer is give the license to someone else..... what will happen. Will they stay in the same scale, will they start off where Hasbro left off, will they start from scratch, will they make them any different from what Hasbro has already done ? Unfortunately for most of us we will never be happy unless we are the designers and making the figures the way we want them to be.

Devo
03-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't see any basis for saying that Yarna would be a poor quality figure. Fans choice figures have always been great even if the character choice didn't sit well with a section of the collecting community. Background characters included in the basic line have typically been done well. Theres no reason to think Yarna wouldn't be likewise.

Any clone figure to be made would be good sure - for those who want to rush them along beyond the lightspeed at which they're already being produced - but do we really want a fans choice figure thats a kitbash or partial kitbash? I'd rather an entirely new figure that doesn't tempt Hasbro into reusing parts - we get that enough in the basic line.

Devo
03-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Kids are not going to be interested in seeing a six breasted fat chic and a lame guy in a lame running pose holding a ice cream maker.

No more or less than they were interested in Ellors Madak, Ephant Mon, Cpt Antilles or concept Stormtrooper if you ask me but Hasbro still made those.

Kidhuman
03-13-2006, 02:40 PM
This vote is for collectors. Not many kids who collect Star Wars even know about this vote. It is in a collectors magazine. Kids have no idea what is coming up in the next wave. They walk into a store and see new figures so they get them. Yarna is for collectors not kids. I dont care how they make her, I just want a Yarna figure. If it is an interent exclusive, it will sell out in hours. If it hits pegs, good luck finding one. This figure is a moiney maker and Hasbro is refusing to make it.

Droid
03-13-2006, 02:41 PM
I think Yarna or Hermi will win the thing UNLESS they split the vote between Jabba's Palace fans and something else pulls ahead (maybe Ice cream maker guy).

Droid
03-13-2006, 02:42 PM
This vote is for collectors. Not many kids who collect Star Wars even know about this vote. It is in a collectors magazine. Kids have no idea what is coming up in the next wave. They walk into a store and see new figures so they get them. Yarna is for collectors not kids. I dont care how they make her, I just want a Yarna figure. If it is an interent exclusive, it will sell out in hours. If it hits pegs, good luck finding one. This figure is a money maker and Hasbro is refusing to make it.

I will buy three just on principle!

Turbowars
03-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Darth Cruel and DarkArtist, you are killing me!!:cross-eye

DarkArtist
03-14-2006, 02:34 PM

My intention was to to persuade you against voting for Yarna or ICMG my intention was to state that i don't think Hasbro would make the figure even if the votes said that was the number one choice. #2 the figure would still need Lucas's approval in order to see the light of day. Who's to say that hasbro will simply alter the results and make a figure they know will sell.

Look at the last few fan figures that have come out. Amanaman, pegwarmed, can still find him as well as the Duros figures in most TRU's. the concept stormie, sold out, why it's a stormtrooper with a lightsaber. Has everything the collector's want and even has playabilty for the kids. Elephant Mon, sold out and HTF. true more collector's bought this item then kids. Exclusive figures are a hit and miss, there is no guarntee that the figure will sell, look at the lava reflections anakin and kenobi, still warming the pegs in some Targets. Look at holo emperor, still warming pegs at TRU.

If you want to vote for yarna and icmg by all means go ahead. I myself can't see them ever getting produced. my advice if you truly want one is to make one, this way it is exactly the way you want it to come out.

Turbowars
03-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Who's to say that hasbro will simply alter the results and make a figure they know will sell. This is what exactly is going to happen. I don't believe there has been a poll where the result weren't swayed by Hasbro.

Jango Speck
03-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Now that Coruscant has hit the LA area pretty good (good for the 8am scalpers/hoarders that is), and EE is shipping cases, is there any indication about the next waves? Do we really have to wait for Comicon ?

Fwad
03-26-2006, 06:31 PM
I think Tatooine is next. At the rate they are going it might hit the middle of next month.

Darth Cruel
03-26-2006, 09:53 PM

Sorry, Turb. But the truth is, I don't think Yarna or ICMG are good choices. Lets look at another angle. What if...WHAT IF she wins with say.....6,500 votes. And She sells exactly 6,501 units (I will buy one if it is made whether I like the character or not) leaving 93,499 units warming the pegs...there goes the Fans Choice Polls.

Turbowars
03-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Not going to happen. If it does I can give a rats ***. Hasbro can kiss my *** too.

jedi master sal
03-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Sorry, Turb. But the truth is, I don't think Yarna or ICMG are good choices. Lets look at another angle. What if...WHAT IF she wins with say.....6,500 votes. And She sells exactly 6,501 units (I will buy one if it is made whether I like the character or not) leaving 93,499 units warming the pegs...there goes the Fans Choice Polls.

If Yarna wins regardelss of how many votes she gets, I'd confidently predict that the figure would sell well more than the actual votes cast for her. Of that fig, 100K? No, but much more than your analogy, imo.

-Sal

Darth Cruel
03-28-2006, 09:42 AM
If Yarna wins regardelss of how many votes she gets, I'd confidently predict that the figure would sell well more than the actual votes cast for her. Of that fig, 100K? No, but much more than your analogy, imo.

-Sal

LOL! JMS - It was a hypothetical situation. You couldn't possibly have taken it seriously. No kidding she will sell more than I exagerated. The entire post was meant to say that if she warms the pegs (and she will unless they make a limited run of her) it could easily damage the credibility of the fans choice polls. Common sense tells us that if the collectors choose a figure...and it doesn't sell...Hasbro will have no choice but to see the polls as a bad marketing idea.

Edit - I am interested to see just how many votes Yarna gets. She gets a lot of posts, but they are from a relatively small number of unique members. Now I may be wrong. And I can eat crow when I am. But I am betting no more than 200 - 300 votes from unique voters.

Turbowars
03-28-2006, 10:24 AM
I'd love to see the # of votes as well, but neither Toy Fair or Hasbro will report.

As for the Fan poll credibility, well is was damaged with the 1st poll. We all know it got worse after that. Hasbro is not honest with these polls and I believe they have the winner already drawn up and ready to send to China. Having a independent party conduct the polling is the only way the polls could be 100% fraud proof. Well unless they were paid of. :grin:

dindae
03-28-2006, 01:39 PM
I would like to think that any figure that gets a certain amount of valid votes would get made eventually but that's just me using logic (an unknown tool at Hasbro HQ).

Deoxyribonucleic
03-28-2006, 01:55 PM
...all the lame EU crap. Yeah I said it, "LAME EU CRAP.";)

Here, HERE! While I like reading some of the books, I DON'T want figures of the characters!! This list is possibly the worst list of "want to be made" figures I've ever seen! Bleh! :bored: :bored:

DarkArtist
03-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Here, HERE! While I like reading some of the books, I DON'T want figures of the characters!! This list is possibly the worst list of "want to be made" figures I've ever seen! Bleh! :bored: :bored:

Well it's clear to me that the list reflects the greater amount of fans that want and love EU over the amount of fans who only believe Star Wars is contained within 6 movies.

Slicker
03-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Here, HERE! While I like reading some of the books, I DON'T want figures of the characters!! This list is possibly the worst list of "want to be made" figures I've ever seen! Bleh! :bored: :bored:Total agreeance 'Ox. I can respect the fact that people like the EU but I just don't agree with them making EU figures for some reason. The EU just isn't "Star Warsy" to me...with the exception of SOTE of course.

Devo
03-29-2006, 07:40 PM
I guess an argument I would have against EU stuff is that a lone figure made of a character from one book which is far removed from the films just seems kind of pointless. It could end up being a fiigure that has no context in your collection depending on how you display your toys of course. If your preferance is to display all your figures according to year made or each in their particular waves then it makes no odds if theres a random EU figure in there. But if you prefer to have dioramas then a single EU character might not have a place in any of them.

Having said that theres a number of EU characters on the list who could go well in 'themed' displays such as 'Jedis' and 'Sith Lords'. Quinlon Vos would probably look good amongst some ROTS clones. So there are exceptions certainly. But a figure like Jacen Solo - where could he go? And how irritating if they made Jacen but not Jaina and Anakin - if all 3 were made you could assemble the Solo family but one by itself seems utterly pointless if you ask me.

DarkArtist
03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
As far as placing them in context, the same could go for the obscure characters in the background of the movies, ie ICMG, Yarna, Hermie. Unless you are making a escape from Bespin diorama, where is ICMG going ? Unless you are going to make several displayhs of Jabba's palace, where hermi or yarna going ?

Look at Scorch. HTF, cool looking, and dare I say it, EU. Yet here is a figure that can easily fit into a geonosis scene or any scene with Clones. I have him in a scene with Kenobi and Anakin and a group of the Coruscant Clones. True it never happened on screen, but that what this is all about, Imagination. Lucas created this universe out of imagination, EU is an extension of imagination. All the authors dove into the universe created by Lucas and explored another point of view.

Watch the movie " From Star Wars to Jedi. The story behind the Saga." Mark Hamill hosts the movie and while they are showing the creature makers doing the details on the creatures, he says something like "maybe these creatures aren't from this universe, but they are from some universe, they had to have that lived in look." I think this was another way of saying the door is open to tell the background story of some of the characters.

Lucas is making a mint off the EU world of Star Wars. So while he may never put them on the big screen..... he still backs them. If the rumors and statements are true, no more movies....Then once the two shows are done, EU will be the way for the Star Wars Universe. Whether you hate it or not eventually EU will be moving in to stay.

Devo
03-30-2006, 11:09 AM
As far as placing them in context, the same could go for the obscure characters in the background of the movies, ie ICMG, Yarna, Hermie. Unless you are making a escape from Bespin diorama, where is ICMG going ? Unless you are going to make several displays of Jabba's palace, where hermi or yarna going ?

I don't have a bespin escape diorama as such however I do have a grouping of figures appropriate for those scenes and ICMG would be welcome to join that group. And anyone who has the POTF2 Jabbas palace diorama has a context for Yarna and Hermie. Anyone who has any other Jabbas palace character has a 'context' in which to place these 2 characters. So I don't agree about obscure characters from the films having no context. My point that I'll reiterate is that if they make Jacen Solo but not Jaina and Anakin where would you put him? The 3 characters as a group would be fine but individually I just could not be satisfied.

Look at Scorch. HTF, cool looking, and dare I say it, EU. Yet here is a figure that can easily fit into a geonosis scene or any scene with Clones.

As I said there are exceptions. I myself intend to buy Scorch if I can find him. I'm not going to put him in my arena set up but I'm sure I'll find somewhere.

Lucas is making a mint off the EU world of Star Wars. So while he may never put them on the big screen..... he still backs them.

He backs it in so far as it makes him money sure. Beyond that the only stuff he takes from it is the names of planets. I was hoping to see Victory class star destroyers in the prequels and ATPTs. I think it would have been nice to acknowledge the EU in this respect as well. He didn't for whatever reason. Instead we got some new Destroyer and the ATRT. I haven't read a Star Wars book in years but his prequels probably contradict the hell out of any pre-ANH set books or referances to the pre-ANH era in books set after Jedi. So I have doubts about whether he 'backs' the EU in a meaningful sense.

Slicker
03-30-2006, 11:15 AM
I was thinking earlier and one of the things that gets me is that the EU characters are kinda useless. You have your Scorch but what purpose does he serve? You can't really set him up with OT and PT characters because he just doesn't fit. And you can't make a diorama with other characters from whatever the hell he's from because they aren't there (nor do they need to be made). At least Yarna and ICMG have functionality. You could put them in dioramas and they display with there respective movies lines.

Kidhuman
03-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Very good points slick, Yarna it is.

Phantom-like Menace
03-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Do we really have so little imagination that we can't find any other place than the cantina and Jabba's palace for these EU figures to go in our dioramas?

It's odd that it is mentioned that you could only put EU characters in the cantina or Jabba's palace. I can only think of two places I can put Yarna, and not surprisingly they are the cantina and Jabba's palace. It's beside the point that I wouldn't want her to put her anywhere.

Devo
03-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Very good points slick, Yarna it is.

At the risk of sounding like an attention seeking moron, did you read my posts on page 4? Slicker was reiterating points that I had made - not that I have some kind of problem with that of course, I'm glad he agrees.

It's odd that it is mentioned that you could only put EU characters in the cantina or Jabba's palace. I can only think of two places I can put Yarna, and not surprisingly they are the cantina and Jabba's palace.

Who said anything about putting EU characters in the cantina or jabbas palace. I know I didn't. I'd better review the thread again. Who knows maybe I'm wrong to think I was the first to make the points of my last 2 posts too. And personally I wouldn't put Yarna in the cantina - she has an appropriate context in jabbas palace and I'd see no need to find her an alternative.

Phantom-like Menace
03-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Who said anything about putting EU characters in the cantina or jabbas palace. I know I didn't. I'd better review the thread again.

In this thread? No one did, and I made no assertion that anyone in this thread said such a thing. An argument I've seen a number of times in a number of places is that the only place you can put [place EU figure here] is in either the cantina or Jabba's palace. It seemed relevant to a discussion in which limited context is provided for EU figures.