PDA

View Full Version : Trailer 4

Co Jo-Da
01-23-2002, 02:29 PM
Trailer 4 is set to come out in March but does anyone have any idea what film it will be with?

In a pervious thread I suggested that the new trailer will have more in common with the 'Mystery' trailer from the secret web site off The Phantom Menace DVD than the other two trailers (Breathing and Forbidden). So I'm asking what do you want to see in the next trailer that hasn't been seen yet?

P.S. One last thing, does anyone know when the tickets are going on sale (so I know when to get in line)?

Co Jo-Da
01-23-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Trailer 4 is set to come out in March but does anyone have any idea what film it will be with?

I looked over some of releases for March and here's three that stand out as the best choices:

1) The Time Machine on March 8 (PG-13)
2) Ice Age on March 15 (PG)
3) E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on March 22 (PG)

With the whole Spielberg/Lucas relationship, E.T. looks to me to be the front runner (not to mention that E.T. made an appearance in TPM).

SithDroid
01-23-2002, 03:29 PM
I agree. E.T. is the most likely. The Time Machine might have a preview for it. Studios like to release previews that are SIMILAR in nature to the film because the fan base is usually the same. The Time Machine is a Sci-Fi Film and so is SW, so it might preview there. The same goes for comedies, usually comedies get previewed, or Action, usually Action movies get previewed. So likely either of those two movies will have it. I'm planning on seeing both anyway, so I'm bound to see it sometime.

mabudonicus
01-23-2002, 04:57 PM
Not so specifically, scene wise, but I'm hoping that the next trailer is as carefully made as the last few, insofar as they have been packed with goodies, but don't seem to be giving up the whole film. I don't know if I can explain, but I recall thinking about scene breakdown while checking out the trailers for TPM, and the more trailers I saw the smaller the film became. AOTCs trailers have been really good at making the film seem like a really massive epic,whereas even the trailers for TPM seemed to suggest a really straightforward, linear grouping of flashy set pieces(which ended up being what we got IMHO) Or maybe it's just me......

Jargo
01-23-2002, 09:03 PM
I hope to see that george has altered the stupid looking puppytroopers and made them look halfway decent.
I hope to see that they reshot the movie without Hayden and got an actor who at least looks like he could be the dad of a young Mark hamill.
I hope to see that N-SYNC are added to every Jedi scene. :evil:
I hope to see that Shmi doesn't get a really hammy cliched death scene with a full string section musical punctuation.
I hope to see that Ewan has had his squeaky voice replaced in the looping recording sessions so that he starts to sound like Alec guinness instead of some scottish bloke with a phoney English accent.
I'm hoping to see they remembered that Jar Jar has got very particular skin markings in TPM and add them to his skin for AOTC because he didn't have them in that last trailer he just looked orange and smooth like he was made of rubber.
I'm hoping they slow down on the fast edits so we get to actually see stuff. The Coruscant chase looks so fast I can't make anything out at all. It's just a blur of sound and garbled dialogue and visuals. how you're supposed to follow the film if it's edited that way I don't know.
I'm hoping that they cut some of Padme's dialogue so I don't have to listen to natalie Portman growling again. "Anigrrr? My howgrrrr yougrrr've grrrrrown..." Hasn't she ever heard of voice coaching? Maybe she missed those classes at wherever she trained in acting to be such a class actor. I can bear to watch her these days, I've grown past the total loathing but I still can't listen to hear speak. I'm hoping to see her and not hear her......

Co Jo-Da
01-25-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
So I'm asking what do you want to see in the next trailer that hasn't been seen yet?

The one thing I want to see more of is the Arena (the Reek, the fights, the Jedi's, anything)...

LTBasker
01-25-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Hasn't she ever heard of voice coaching? Maybe she missed those classes at wherever she trained in acting to be such a class actor.

She took classes? She got jipped. :evil:

I hope trailer 4 isn't like Forbidden, that was annoying, I didn't like the whole "nicey-nice" feeling it gave off. Plus it didn't make much sense, a senator out in the middle of nowhere with no guards and only an out of control padawan? Typho needs to do his job. :D

I'd like to see more space scenes and possibly the Slave I landing. I'd also like to see more of Zam. And for crying out loud, could they stop focusing on Amidala?! Story's about Anakin, and even though Lucas may have made a bad choice compared to others out there, we all saw Jake Lloyd's screen test, we can only assume Lucas has faulty hearing once in awhile. :D

The next trailer should really show clone troopers battling and Jedis in the Arena or Jango and Obi in hand-to-hand combat.

InsaneJediGirl
01-25-2002, 08:48 AM
Orginally Posted by LTBasker
The next trailer should really show clone troopers battling and Jedis in the Arena or Jango and Obi in hand-to-hand combat.

I hope so,I would love to see more of the Jango Vs Obi-Wan scene.Some scenes of a space battle would be nice also,instead
of Anakin and Padme out in some field.:crazed:

jedi master sal
01-25-2002, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing more of the landscape of the new worlds. They flashed by so fast that I couldn't get a handle on them. Maybe a lightsaber duel! A ship crashing maybe?

JetsAndHeels
01-25-2002, 01:14 PM
How about Mace decapitating Jango?
Anakin and Padme getting married?
Just kidding!!
I would like to see a little more of the lightsaber duels, more of the ObiWan/Jango fight scene, and some of the battle arena.
A "spoiler trailer"....that would be something....