PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars hardcovers dirt cheap: Who wants in?

wedge1968
03-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Is there anyone out there who would be willing to join the science fiction book club with me? If we do, we can get a bunch of Star Wars hardcovers for dirt cheap. What is better, many are books that were released in paperback in the stores and are only available through this club.

Here's where I am coming from. I was a member before, so I have most of the books. I only really want the Republic Commando duo and the Dark Nest trilogy. I think that we get four books as our initial membership. If someone would take those and then agree to buy one more book in the next two years, I will buy the other that is needed for the membership committment. In essence, we'll be splitting the books and the committment.

If anyone is interested, please respond to this post or send me a private message.

If anyone doesn't want to join but would like a book from the club, the other thing I could do is use my initial membership bunch to get these books for you. Since I would be getting them cheap, I could get them for you for like $10 or so. THen, I could turn around and use that money to complete my obligation.

Check out what they have at sfbc.com. Just do a keyword search on Star Wars. Like I said, there's tons of books that were only available in the stores in paperback form.

jjreason
03-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Be careful that the "hardcovers" you're buying are of good quality. A lot of these clubs offer hardcovers that aren't the same as the first printings, they're made with cheaper materials.

wedge1968
03-12-2006, 08:51 PM
I don't know; as I said, I got all of my other hardcovers from them before (NJO and before). I've been pretty happy with the quality.