PDA

View Full Version : No Saga for FAO

DarkArtist
03-13-2006, 11:05 AM
was in the city over the weekend and decided to check out FAO to see if perhaps they would have any of the new saga figures in stock. Now true in the past FAO was selling the POTF line for $10 a figure while TRU down the street was selling for $6 a figure but still I figured that perhaps since the price was so high, FAO pegs would be falling off with some of the harder to find ones like scorch or the utapau clone......no dice.

first the action figure section (as they call it) doesn't even exist anymore. after finding the section which is the bowels of the basement, the sales associate said that they are only carrying the high end Star Wars
merchandise such as the master replicas and code 3 as well as the vinyl models of the scout trooper. so i figured at least let me see what they had. well after searching for some hope that Star Wars was still alive within FAO, all i could find was the MR Emperor's cane and clasp $750, the Code 3 falcon and x-wing, each with a tag of $1000, and the model of the scout trooper for $75, and one lonely Vader FX for $175.

no wonder FAO went out of business all over the world, they get stuff that people are looking for, mark it up to insane prices, and then fail to carry merchandise that will sell like the figures. I can't see the NY store lasting very long, but since they did close and re-open again, perhaps they will get the message that people what the merchandise at fairly the same prices. I wouldn't mind paying an extra $2 per figure, but not $5. maybe they are the source of the ebay scalpers, former FAO employees who bought the stock and sell the goods at their price, after all the starting bids on some of the most wanted figures are $10, perhaps it's a conspiracy to recoup their loses.

Kidhuman
03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
They were always high priced and not worth the money spent on them. To me it doesnt matter if they sell things or not becuase I would never buy from them.

El Chuxter
03-13-2006, 09:09 PM
But they still have that cool keyboard you can dance on, right?

Awesome. I don't see why every home doesn't have one.

plasticfetish
03-14-2006, 03:48 AM
Awesome. I don't see why every home doesn't have one.I think they're only a quarter of a million dollars. Why not buy two?

FAO Schwarz really blew it when they started putting stores in malls. Should have just stuck to a few big city shops and that's it. At this point, who knows if they even have an account with Hasbro.

Fwad
03-14-2006, 06:54 PM
When they were closing all their stores they blew out the Vader FX Lightsabers for $35.