PDA

View Full Version : Look what I get!!! COOL

wangyonghai
03-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Look what I get!!! COOL

rich_of_the_dead
03-13-2006, 02:10 PM
:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: sweet dude where did you get those?

Kidhuman
03-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Those look like customs ot me. Probably off of Ebay. And why does it say heroes and villians on the back of the clone?

mtriv73
03-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Rebelscum is saying that the black stormtrooper will be the San Diego Comic Con exclusive and the Clone Trooper is from the upcoming greatest hits wave. I have never been less interested in a stormtrooper in my life. I think the only figure I have less desire to get is that holiday vader travesty they tried to pawn off on us last year.

The clone trooper is sweet though. I love the background.

jedi master sal
03-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Rebelscum is saying that the black stormtrooper will be the San Diego Comic Con exclusive and the Clone Trooper is from the upcoming greatest hits wave. I have never been less interested in a stormtrooper in my life. I think the only figure I have less desire to get is that holiday vader travesty they tried to pawn off on us last year.

The clone trooper is sweet though. I love the background.

I agree 100%. Hell, just spray paint a Stormie Black and you've got it...

The drawn background doesn't do a thing for me either. I'll have bud who will get this, so I'll maybe scan the card to have it that way. But I'm not buying that fig.

However I'll get the #41 clone reissue. One definitely for the card and maybe some more for customs.

-Sal

stad
03-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Look what I get!!! COOL

Definitely cool! Will you have those on your eBay?

BlueSnags
03-13-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm up for a few Blackhole Stormies - they look pretty cool.

Still undecided on the Greatest Hits Clone - background looks great, but it's still the same old figure that I have 10 of.

Turbowars
03-13-2006, 07:27 PM
I have a bad feeling we will wont most of these figures because of the backgrounds. You know how it is Snags!

TheDarthVader
03-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Look how I yawn. *YAWN*

B.
TDV

jjreason
03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
I guess seeing the back of the ROTS Greatest Hits package is useful. Thanks for that.

jedi master sal
03-13-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm up for a few Blackhole Stormies - they look pretty cool.

Looks more like it came from a "brown hole"... I'm not buying this.

As has been said, there are many other "real" characters that could have been chosen. I guess the good thing with this is (at least for me), I won't be scrambling to buy the figure.

Darth Cruel
03-13-2006, 11:51 PM
I just got done talking with my buddy about the Shadow Stormtrooper for about 15 minutes. When we stared, I hated it. But by the time we were done, I changed my mind and now I think it is OK, but it looks like a color variation of the VOTC Stormtrooper to me and I still hate the patent leather disco boots they had. I'll be on the list for however many they restrict me to buying, though.

Turbowars
03-13-2006, 11:56 PM
I just got done talking with my buddy about the Shadow Stormtrooper for about 15 minutes. When we stared, I hated it. But by the time we were done, I changed my mind and now I think it is OK, but it looks like a color variation of the VOTC Stormtrooper to me and I still hate the patent leather disco boots they had. I'll be on the list for however many they restrict me to buying, though.Man you sound like JT after he talks to Steve. What could someone say to change your mine about something you just said you were throwing up in your mouth?:confused: :p

BlueSnags
03-14-2006, 01:13 AM
I seem to remember the same crap when the first pics of the Covert Ops Trooper AND the Covert Ops Clone came out: "I'm not buying this figure, it looks like crap, blah blah blah." :cry:

I will say to you now the same thing I said to you then: "Yeah. Right."

Kidhuman
03-14-2006, 01:15 AM
I am not getting the black hole thingy, but the other I will get.

figrin bran
03-14-2006, 02:05 AM
i'm not going to talk to any of my buddies lest i change my mind about passing on both ;)

the #41 rehash is of no use to me since i open up all my clones and i already have somewhere around 15 of them.

Turbowars
03-14-2006, 07:49 PM
I seem to remember the same crap when the first pics of the Covert Ops Trooper AND the Covert Ops Clone came out: "I'm not buying this figure, it looks like crap, blah blah blah." :cry:

I will say to you now the same thing I said to you then: "Yeah. Right."Isn't that the truth. Why do people do that? Is it because they don't think they will be able to get it and saying they don't like it makes them feel better?:squareeye

Kidhuman
03-14-2006, 09:14 PM
Isn't that the truth. Why do people do that? Is it because they don't think they will be able to get it and saying they don't like it makes them feel better?:squareeye

I could tell you now I dont own either Covert ops figures. I didnt care for them and I dont care for this one. The #41 clone is cool and it helps build the army a little more, so thats why I will get that one(or 5)

plasticfetish
03-14-2006, 11:59 PM
As has been said, there are many other "real" characters that could have been chosen.Here's what I don't get... what's the problem with mixing things up a bit now, 10+ years after the POTF2 line started, to give us a variety of "real" and EU characters. I really don't see the problem and my EU interests are very limited, (I've never read any of the books, so I'd only go for what looks cool.) It's not like we're actually afraid that Hasbro won't try to make any more figures from the films? I think we all know that if they smell a dollar waving at them for some obscure cantina character or perhaps another Ewok, then they'll probably find a way and time to make it.

On the other hand, after quite a few lackluster Comic-Con exclusive figures, this comic book inspired figure seems pretty appropriate. Con figures should be special and unique to that event, which is why I think the last (holo Leia) figure was so lame. Aside from it being a half-arsed figure, it's not really unique -- at least the silver Sandtrooper was kind of special (and dumb.)

SirSteve
03-15-2006, 08:18 PM
I agree. Leia was lame so I think this Comic-Con exclusive one is actually pretty cool. At least it makes sense. ;)

El Chuxter
03-15-2006, 09:14 PM
It also lends credence to the rumors of Kir Kanos. I wouldn't mind the exclusives being repaints that are actually based on comic characters for a while. Heck, let's switch a head onto the Jett Zukassa figure and make an Anakin Solo exclusive!

Turbowars
03-15-2006, 10:33 PM
. Heck, let's switch a head onto the Jett Zukassa figure and make an Anakin Solo exclusive!Don't give Hasbro anymore crap@ss ideas.