PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hits/Episode III Heroes & Villains Assortment Carded pics.

Turbowars
03-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Check this out, Carded pics of the Greatest rehashed figures. One thing to take note is the Black Pilot variant. cards look cool, but pretty boring. Oh and Bacara looks awesome!.

jjreason
03-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Oh sure, fire the Galactic Marines on a rehash backdrop but fail to put one on the shelves. Sweet job, Hasbro. :mad:

Turbowars
03-14-2006, 10:10 PM
I feel you pain. I bet the red Snow troopers are being developed as we speak. :sur:

Blackened88
03-14-2006, 10:33 PM
i will pick up a couple black pilots since i didnt buy too many the first time around, besides that i dont care.

Jango Speck
03-14-2006, 10:42 PM
I really like the new packaging- makes me think of selling off the boring ROTS cards/figs and replacing them with these nice new Saga diorama cards.

Kidhuman
03-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I will get a few of these.

figrin bran
03-15-2006, 12:24 AM
i was going to pass on these but i'll probably just pick up a bacara to keep carded.

Slicker
03-15-2006, 02:06 AM
I'm definitely diggin' these cards. These are all definite buys for me.

K M Toydarian
03-15-2006, 02:22 AM
I do really like the look of these cards too, but I will pass on these repacks except the black pilot which I never saw on a shelf. I am being more picky with the Saga collection. I picked up all the OTC cards, but with the price increase, and Sideshow's 12", and a growing space concern, I am going to pass on the repacks.

Shadow Knight
03-15-2006, 04:44 AM
gonna stock up on some destroyers, and black pilots.

Captain Spoon
03-15-2006, 07:21 AM
I will grab a couple of Destroyers, and Baccara does look pretty sweet on the new card but in general this whole wave is a frigg'n joke, they should have at least released the #41 trooper with red shock markings or someth'n

stad
03-15-2006, 09:53 AM
I will grab a couple of Destroyers, and Baccara does look pretty sweet on the new card but in general this whole wave is a frigg'n joke, they should have at least released the #41 trooper with red shock markings or someth'n

Or the blue Tac. Ops. Trooper!!

TheDarthVader
03-15-2006, 11:28 AM
I agree. They should not have released the white clone again. The blue and red troopers would have been nice. I am not going to buy any of these.

B.
TDV

trandoshan666
03-15-2006, 11:28 AM
I agree that the packaging is nice, but there is absolutely no way I'll re-buy these figures that I just bought last year. I didn't do it with the Saga repacks on OTC cards either. It's not worth the money or the headache.

Rogue II
03-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Which Vader is that?

Kidhuman
03-15-2006, 01:00 PM
They wont release the red troopers since it is coming in the Target Senate pack. The Tac ops trooper would have been nice.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Which Vader is that?
The ROTS one . . . all these figures are from the ROTS line.

The cards look nice, but not enough to warrant any repeat purchases. I was hoping that the Clone Pilot would've been the regular version, as I wanted more of those . . . but, alas . . .

LTBasker
03-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Which Vader is that?

It appears they're all credited to episode III so I would assume Vader is the ROTS Vader.

With the way they have them credited on the inserts as the "Episode III Heroes and Villains" there stands reason to question if they will do this for each movie. Might we see 12 figure waves of rereleases for AOTC, TPM, ANH, ESB and ROTJ?

Devo
03-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Nice cards, laughable figures, laughable title for the range.

bobafrett
03-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Nice cards, laughable figures, laughable title for the range.

I agree. These aren't my favorites. I think I might like two in the whole lot, and I already have those from the first time around. Gonna pass on this series.

Anakin Palpatine
03-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I shall buy them all so I can put them on display in my refrigerator box. After all I will have no home if I keep buying all the mass amounts of Star Wars toys that keep coming out. Well, I can handle new figs, but retooled, rehashed, varient, cold sore Lukes, and new cards? Well it makes others happy so I'll just go draw a little picture of the falcon on the side of my box.

DarkArtist
03-16-2006, 12:24 PM
I was hoping some of the greatest hits figures would be the shock trooper or 501st. I mean I know kenobi and yoda as well as vader would be included, but would have liked to see the clone's make a stronger presence. perhaps even more of the final 12 for those who didn't find them.

hey does anyone know if they are going to include the mini holo's with these as well ?

UKWildcat
05-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Out of the second wave (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87181B) I'll definitely be getting the 501st and the AT-TE Gunner. Possibly Dooku, Fisto and Royal Guard depending on how the cardbacks look.

The only figure from the third wave (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87181C) that I'll get will be the Shock Trooper.

Darth Mina
05-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Well since I miss some Ok most of the ROTS figures this waves are very welcome by me:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
05-21-2006, 10:40 PM
I will pretty much only get the ones I missed from ROTS. The tac ops are definites and the shocktroopers maybe as I have about 10 of them.

plasticfetish
05-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Thanks for putting up those links UKWildcat.

This whole Heroes & Villains thing is great for the few people looking to pick up something that they may have missed, and honestly, I've seen kids grabbing them at Target, but or the most part they seem to be peg warming. That only bugs me because I know it'll discourage the stores from putting out the "new" stuff when it shows up.

I've picked up a Bacara to keep carded, and I may get one or two others, but this bunch is largely wasted on me.

Slicker
05-22-2006, 06:18 AM
I'm really excited to see some of these figures carded. I can't wait to see what they do with them, especially the 501st and the Shocktrooper. I'm lovin' this line because of the great cardbacks.

Kidhuman
05-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Wave 3 looks alot like wave 1 to me except it has the shocktrooper in it.

TheDarthVader
05-22-2006, 11:58 PM
*yawn* I already have all of these, but I will probably pick up some shocktroopers and 501st troopers. Oh yeah, I also need a Kit Fisto for my Jedi Council scene which I hope to show off soon with a picture. :D

B.
TDV

UKWildcat
05-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks for putting up those links UKWildcat.

You're more than welcome pf!

I'm really excited to see some of these figures carded.

Me too. This is either going to make or break several figures for me. So far the cardbacks have been pretty good so I'm going to be optimisitc.

Kidhuman
05-23-2006, 02:42 AM
I know I said I would pass on some of these, but looking at certain figures, like Vader on the cardbacks, made me buy it. Curse you Hasbro and your sweet cardbacks.

Blackened88
05-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Ill get padme since i passed her the first time and maybe some more Red Clone Commanders. I have plenty of shockies and 501st so i wont be getting them.

Scackmgack
05-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Cardbacks?

I will never get non-openers. Buying these figures for the cardbacks is what allows Hasbro to continue releasing old figures and not putting their collective nose to the grindstone and giving us new figures, new vehicles, new product in general.

What is so much better about Bacara on the new card than Bacara on the old card?

You realize the level to which Star Wars collecting has utterly degenerated when, to keep your interest piqued, you actually have to start selling yourself on the cards, a piece of cardboard, and not the figure inside?

I always thought Star Wars collecting was about the sculpting, and the art of the figures and vehicles and playsets. I could understand on-the-card people when it was a matter of getting "one of each figure" and keeping them on the card in order to protect them and appreciate the entire package, but I thought people who would purchase a vintage Star Wars stormtrooper and a vintage ESB stormtrooper and a ROTJ stormtrooper were a little odd, but I could kind of understand it as they were vintage figures.

But doing the same thing for the new figures, which are a dime a dozen and which will never appreciate in value the way the vintage figs did? This is getting out of control...

Slicker
05-28-2006, 11:11 AM
But doing the same thing for the new figures, which are a dime a dozen and which will never appreciate in value the way the vintage figs did? This is getting out of control...For me it's not about the money. I came into this whole venture knowing dang well that I'd NEVER get back any decent proportion of what I've spent.

I started doing it for fun and even 10 years later I still have fun doing it and I actually relish the days when I turn down the toy aisle and see new product (even old figures on new cards)

Turbowars
05-28-2006, 11:19 AM
I hate the ROTS card to no end! The Saga card blows them away. I do kind of wish Hasbro would get back to the basics and go with a small bubble again with a large pic to the right.

plasticfetish
05-28-2006, 12:54 PM
What is so much better about Bacara on the new card than Bacara on the old card?You make a good point about Hasbro "getting away" with being able to re-hash older figures over and over again, because they know we'll be interested in any new packaging, but you're also missing a bigger issue. In my case, I didn't buy a Bacara figure to keep carded before, but I like this new card style, etc. well enough that I bought another now.

Which leads to the next point... packaging is and has always been a big part of toy collecting. It's not just Star Wars toys, and it isn't just about resale value. Some people do genuinely like the packaging and it's largely what and why they collect.

Speaking of art... ever see any of the Warhol toy paintings? In the early '80s he did a whole series of paintings using toy packaging as the subject matter.

Kidhuman
05-28-2006, 02:51 PM
For me it's not about the money. I came into this whole venture knowing dang well that I'd NEVER get back any decent proportion of what I've spent.

I started doing it for fun and even 10 years later I still have fun doing it and I actually relish the days when I turn down the toy aisle and see new product (even old figures on new cards)

I have to second the statements above. I love finding new figs. It has never, ever been about th emoney here. If your in it for money, buy Hasbro Stock then, not the figures.

Slicker
05-29-2006, 05:12 PM
I found these in abundance today in Virginia Beach. They've been hitting sporadically but today must've been stocking day. They had at least 4 sets of 12 at both of the WM's I went to.

jedi_riccan
05-31-2006, 11:29 AM
I am just going to keep a look out for a couple of tactical troopers since I misses them all the first time around. The others I can pass on no problem....

dindae
05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm already tired of seeing wave 1. Aside from the few clones in the next two waves I see these clogging the pegs.

Banthaholic
05-31-2006, 02:40 PM
I hate the ROTS card to no end! The Saga card blows them away. I do kind of wish Hasbro would get back to the basics and go with a small bubble again with a large pic to the right.
I couldn't agree with you more.

I love the look of vintage cards. The Saga 2/OTC is cool for having backgrounds, but an actual character pic would blow these away.

BountyHunterScum
06-02-2006, 01:31 PM
I am just going to keep a look out for a couple of tactical troopers since I misses them all the first time around. The others I can pass on no problem....

Yeah I didn't find any Blue Tac Ops/501st Either.

deogg
06-21-2006, 08:19 PM
I am SO picking up as many 501st troops as I see. My "Ode de Darth" display needs more than just the 4 that I have!

Kidhuman
06-21-2006, 11:44 PM
They are shipping 2 per case, so hopefully if they are as abundant as the first wave, they should be found easily.

figrin bran
06-22-2006, 01:53 AM
clones are never that easy to find in abundance, kh

i just hope i can find one to add to the army

UKWildcat
06-29-2006, 10:49 AM
I guess there are still no carded pics available for wave 2? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2006, 11:26 AM
The main SSG page had the first seven or so a few weeks ago, you might check there. The new wave is called "Episode III Greatest Battles Collection," so it's a little different than before.

UKWildcat
06-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Ah Ha! Found 'em! Many thanks JJL!

Here is a link for convenience:

Ep. III Greatest Battles Collection Figures (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=83)

I'll definitely be getting an AT-TE and the 501st trooper. I absoultely love the Fisto card so I'll be getting one of those as well.