PDA

View Full Version : New Revamped Hasbro Titanium Site

britcit3
03-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Doesn't appear to be quite finished - some of the links don't work (still quite nicely presented though).

http://www.hasbro.com/titaniumseries/

BC3

ascmclarencoupe
03-17-2006, 10:22 AM
I find this quite interesting, it appears that the gold Darth Vader TIE will be available as a regular retail item.

http://www.hasbro.com/titaniumseries/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=17222

BountyHunterScum
03-17-2006, 10:27 AM
I find this quite interesting, it appears that the gold Darth Vader TIE will be available as a regular retail item.

http://www.hasbro.com/titaniumseries/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=17222

I can hope.

Darth Michael
03-18-2006, 10:45 PM
http://www.hasbro.com/titaniumseries/default.cfm?page=browse&viewall=yes

Some interesting bits...

Four of the items have a "Buy It" button under them which takes you to HasbroToyShop.com.

The price shown for the Titanium Fett and Vader items is $15.99. I think its been $20 in all the retail placements I've seen.

There are three "Two-Packs". The retail price is $4.99. The "combination" package pictured says "Buy 1, Get 1 Free!" The individual packaging within appear to be the WalMart exclusive packaging. (I'm still missing WM Wave 1. Please let these two packs materialize!)

The Gold Vader TIE shows a price of $9.99.

Clicking on the Where To Buy link results in text which includes "Information on where to buy TITANIUM SERIES online is coming soon."

matthewilw
03-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Also noticed that the imperial shuttle, Vader's TIE, and JSF (picture is of the AT-AT) are all listed as "ultra" titaniums, even when the already released ultras don't carry that same title. Could possibly be a hint at ultras coming in future waves.

pegger
03-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Also noticed that the imperial shuttle, Vader's TIE, and JSF (picture is of the AT-AT) are all listed as "ultra" titaniums, even when the already released ultras don't carry that same title. Could possibly be a hint at ultras coming in future waves.

Well the Ultra site does have the AT-AT now - it looks pretty sweet to..

britcit3
03-20-2006, 02:56 PM
cool avatar!

BC3

pegger
03-20-2006, 04:11 PM
cool avatar!

BC3

Thanks! Glad you like it!

Warstar
03-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Ok-

First, I am not dead- just been away for a while. Hi all :)

Second, I have searched extensively on this new site and found another interesting thing worth mentioning-

The 2-pack with the Slave 1 and AT-RT says that the AT-RT is the RAW METAL version! If this is the case, it'll have to come out in a standard package, meaning VARIATION since the Raw Metal AT-RT was only in 5-Pack # 1. Bah. I hope not.

(Of course the page says that the AT-RT should have a display stand, too, and we all know that's not the case :p)

Third- has anyone SEEN these 2-packs? Ever hear of them being released? A release date? It's sort of driving me batty since I do want them for display- UNLESS it's just re-pack packaging (i.e. the old Wave 1 vehicles are packed in the original Wal-Mart packaging as shown and not the new Titanium Series packing) and if the 2-pack cards are generic. If that's the case, I'll snag the Slave-1 and the supposed Raw Metal AT-RT pack for display and leave the rest on the shelf.

Fourth- JT has already said that the Gold Darth's TIE should/will be at other conventions this year, hence the prices on it should drop considerably (I sure as hec hope so- I need 1 to keep 1 to open!)

Fifth- Anyone else notice the 5-packs #1 and #2 are NOT listed there, yet everything else that's come out so far is? Weird, IMHO.

Anyway, I'm back on the scene y'all :)

LTBasker
03-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Warstar, looking at the pics of the 2-packs that were on Rebelscum it shows that the wave 1 and 2 ships in the 2-packs will have the wave 3/4 style packaging with the black diecast sticker. Were these the UK versions?

It's very interesting because the wave 1 ships all have the choking hazard sticker on them but none of the other ships do, these would've had to have been made at the same time as the other wave 1's I assume. Since unlike the Wal-Mart versions, these are actual stickers. But if they were produced later, why include it at all on the wave 1 ships and not the wave 2, 3 and 4 ships in the 2-packs?

If these 2-packs are surplus of the UK supply, then can we expect to see the rest of wave 2 with the diecast sticker as well the other 3 ships of wave 4? Sadly, with including wave 3 that means they have an odd number of ships for 2-pack possibilities. They would have to leave out a ship or release it with a previously released ship - though it might explain the Landspeeder showing up with 2006 waves in 2005 packaging while the ARC, Swamp speeder and Naboo Fighter have been rereleased in new packaging.

So if the Landspeeder is a sign of them leaving it out of possible future 2-packs, that means we could see the rest of wave 2, 3 and 4 released in the 2-packs in 6 pairings. There are 6 wave 2 ships left, so they would be able to do it like the wave 1 ships with the first four 2-packs and have wave 3 and 4 ships paired with 1 ship from wave 2.

All in all it looks like if we want wave 1 ships in original packaging, we'll have to get'em on ebay. Wave 3 and 4 look the same though, I take it by wave 3 our WM exclusive packaging was the same as the UK was getting?

I have to say though... having waves 1-4 in the same style packaging would look really cool on the wall and fit better with the 2006 ships, although it is interesting to see how the line evolved with each wave in 2005.

Oh, my head hurts now.

Edit: As for Hasbro's site, I'm not really going to trust anything read on that considering how many ships they had labelled as Ultra with the price of $4.99. :p

(Though I got really excited when I saw Ultra in the Imperial Shuttle's title. Oh well. :()

Warstar
03-22-2006, 07:01 PM
OW...You made my brain hurt there...

The Wal-Mart Wave 4 ships (Green JSF, BR Falcon, Naboo Royal and Wookie Flyer) all have the small Die-Cast sticker (like Wal-Mart Wave 3 and the UK Wave 1 ships). More than likely the 2-packs will either feature the new packaging for the old Wal-Mart Wave 4 ships or they could very well be overstock from the UK and have the old style packing. Then we'll have to see if the Wal-Mart Wave 2 ships get the Die Cast sticker or the new package design.

Technically, I don't have a Wal-Mart U.S. Wave 1 X-Wing Fighter without the sticker, but then to make my UK version the same thing all I have to do is remove the sticker and the inner barcode (which, actually, wouldn't be that hard).

Anyway, I'll have to hunt down the old Wal-Mart Wave 3 ships in the new packaging if/when I see them (they are confirmed, right?)

We'll have to call this old Wal-Mart Wave 3 Release Mass Retail Wave 5.5 or something to that effect so that Hasbro's Wave consistency in their catalogs will be correct since Wave 6 has already been announced for May 2006.

LTBasker
03-22-2006, 08:53 PM
OW...You made my brain hurt there...

Ah good, I wasn't the only one hurting. :D

The Wal-Mart Wave 4 ships (Green JSF, BR Falcon, Naboo Royal and Wookie Flyer) all have the small Die-Cast sticker (like Wal-Mart Wave 3 and the UK Wave 1 ships). More than likely the 2-packs will either feature the new packaging for the old Wal-Mart Wave 4 ships or they could very well be overstock from the UK and have the old style packing. Then we'll have to see if the Wal-Mart Wave 2 ships get the Die Cast sticker or the new package design.

The wave ships definitely have the die-cast sticker on there, http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/TS2pack-falcon_gunship1.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/TS2pack-atrt_slave11.jpg

Waves 3 and 4 seem to be the packaging they should be while only wave 1 and 2 change in these 2-packs.

Technically, I don't have a Wal-Mart U.S. Wave 1 X-Wing Fighter without the sticker, but then to make my UK version the same thing all I have to do is remove the sticker and the inner barcode (which, actually, wouldn't be that hard).

I messed up on the warning sticker. I thought the WM wave 1 versions had the warning printed but after looking at my set, the WM versions have a white sticker and the 2-packs have a black sticker.

Anyway, I'll have to hunt down the old Wal-Mart Wave 3 ships in the new packaging if/when I see them (they are confirmed, right?)

I'm guessing from this thread: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=31379&page=3 it's busted and they're only in original packaging, I wrote the earlier post before I saw that thread. So...that doesn't help support my landspeeder getting thrown out theory. :cross-eye

Unless the ARC, Naboo Fighter and TIE Bomber (guess I was wrong about the Swampspeeder) were leftovers after the 2-packs and that's why they're showing up later than the landspeeder...

When you lay it out, you get:
Wave 2 Ship/Wave 3 Ship
Wave 2 Ship/Wave 3 Ship
Wave 2 Ship/Wave 3 Ship
Wave 2 Ship/Wave 4 Ship
Wave 2 Ship/Wave 4 Ship
Wave 2 Ship/Wave 4 Ship

It looks so perfect, it can't just be an accident that it could lead to that sort of plan.

Warstar
03-23-2006, 06:34 PM
I agree- they might have held off on the 2-packs specifically to allow the Wave 4 Mass Retail Green JSF to be released. If they put the Green JSF in the old-style packing with the Wave 1 ships, etc. for these 2-packs I'll be very, VERY miffed since I paid in excess of $25.00 a POP for the Wal-Mart Wave 4 packaged vehicles...grr...