PDA

View Full Version : Japan?

JEDIpartner
03-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Are there any forum members in Japan? I'll be travelling there for three weeks and will be in Osaka (Nishinomiya)/Kobe/Koriyama/Tokyo/Yokohama. Last time I was there, Toys R Us had "takusan" hard to find Episode I figures on the pegs.

Arigato-gozaimasu!!!

If no one responds to this, perhaps I'll make a stop by SSG from some internet cafe or something whilst I am there!

Cheers!! :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
03-16-2006, 06:16 PM
My buddy just got back from Japan, he was somewhere in the extreme north but I can't recall where.. he said he saw crap for SW figures, but I haven't actually spoken to him yet so I will let ya know what he knows when I see him on the weekend JP

Kidhuman
03-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Jp, can you possibly grab me one figure from there with Japanese writing? I dont care which one, as long as it is ten bucks american or cheaper

JEDIpartner
03-17-2006, 12:08 PM
The packages are the same. They just slap a label on the back... if they even do that at all. I think they put a sticker over the "Hasbro" parts and have it read "Tomy". Does that really still interest you?

Kidhuman
03-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Nah not really, thought it might be similar to the tri-logo figures. Thanks anyways.

mabudonicus
03-18-2006, 08:15 AM
from what my buddy said, the figs he saw didn't even have that- I asked him the same thing, if the packaging was any different and he said NO so I responded like you did KH.. great minds :beard:

And JP- I should be talking to him today, so I will post whatever helps I may have tomorrow :D

JEDIpartner
03-20-2006, 10:36 AM
from what my buddy said, the figs he saw didn't even have that- I asked him the same thing, if the packaging was any different and he said NO so I responded like you did KH.. great minds :beard:

And JP- I should be talking to him today, so I will post whatever helps I may have tomorrow :D

Thanks much Brother Carl!!!

Most of the Japanese can read English so there is no need to reprint the cards. It's rather cost effective in that regard. The last figures I got there were from the HTF Episode I line and those had that little sticker on them.

2-1B
03-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Have a fun trip Dale ! :)
And please stay safe.

JEDIpartner
03-21-2006, 12:52 PM
I'll be with my mom the whole time. She'll kick some *** if someone comes up against us. LOL

2-1B
03-21-2006, 12:55 PM
I have an aunt who lives in Japan, well technically not my aunt because of a divorce but whatever. My now-deceased uncle was an American GI stationed in Japan probably during the Korean War and he met and married a Japanese woman there and they had a son. They divorced long ago but she came out to the States in 1998 for his funeral and that's when I first met her. And the only time that I've met her.

Anyway, have a blast sir. :)

JEDIpartner
03-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Interesting...

It will be a good trip. I really have no intentions of going "Star Wars" crazy shopping there. Yeah-- I know. I know. That's a big disappointment to a lot of people here but, I really don't care. I'd like to know where the best stores are so I can stop by if they are on my way. I know of a TRU in Koriyama, which is my mum's hometown. I know of one in Kobe as well. Someone over at RS told me to look over at the Motomachi Promenade in Kobe as well. I'm mostly looking forward to getting some good coffee over there! The stuff here in the States is crap in a cup.

2-1B
03-21-2006, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't go nuts on the Star Wars either. Maybe pick up a piece or two with native packaging but like you said, most of the stuff is in English anyway so why bother?

I'd just want to take in the country and see tons of stuff. :)

Kidhuman
03-21-2006, 03:31 PM
I would agree with you both on that. I just wanted a Japanese cardback but I guess its a moot point.

2-1B
03-21-2006, 11:48 PM
I hear ya on that KH, a few years back a friend brought me an AOTC Saesae Tiin (sp?) on a Trilogo card from Canada and I was pretty stoked. :grin:

JEDIpartner
03-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Well... the only reason I actually would buy something there is because I can't really seem to find anything here. If I could find it here, then there would be no need. You know?

Kidhuman
03-22-2006, 10:33 AM
I agree JP. I usually tend to get one or two things on a trip though, just for a memory I guess. When you drive 700 miles to NYC, you pass alot of WM's Targets and TRU's, so I stop in a few and grab something.

JEDIpartner
03-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Yep yep!

Well... it seems Brother Carl and the Insanity Patrol left a nice little message for me the other night. Thank you... :D

Kidhuman
03-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Anytime JP. We will hook up one day soon.

JEDIpartner
03-23-2006, 11:07 AM
We shall... we shall! :)

InsaneJediGirl
03-23-2006, 11:47 PM
Have a nice trip Dale! You'll have to tell us what lovely Star Wars items(if any!) you come back with.

JEDIpartner
03-24-2006, 11:52 AM
I shall!! I still owe you that picture!!!

El Chuxter
03-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Dale? Dell? I'm confused.

I just found Japan on a globe. It's right beside China.

InsaneJediGirl
03-26-2006, 11:22 PM
I shall!! I still owe you that picture!!!

Thats right,I havent forgotten :yes:

JEDIpartner
03-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Stopped in at TRU at Kobe Harbourland. They are still sitting on TONS of ROTS product. The Tarkin wave was plentiful there. I picked up another Threepio, Blue Guard, Tarkin and a Wookiee Heavy Gunner. Would like to customise a couple of those. Moving on to my cousin's house in the sticks today. Hope everyone is well!

bobafrett
03-29-2006, 01:12 PM
A few links I found to be quite halarious and entertaining,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbCE4vsJWYM&search=japanese%20magician

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET9aFN12jPw&search=japanese%20magician

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_5-o2XxAj0&search=japanese%20magician%20burger