PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawk Underground 2, oh how I hate you!

JediTricks
03-16-2006, 03:14 PM
That's not a jokey title, this is a real :upset: situation. A friend loaned me his copy of T.H.U.G.2 for PS2 and I was having a good time with the story mode, I even made my own character and moves and all sorts of good stuff. Some of the goals were hard but I busted through easy mode and did enough to even warrant finishing regular mode. Then I started on classic mode, and I don't really like the timed level thing and picking up stat points instead of earning them, classic just wasn't as fun. But I pushed through and did all the crazy stuff, I had some screaming matches with the Philly level but cracked that, and was having a good time with the Triangle level. So I'm having a good time again, I guess the system recognized this because on a regular old "save game" the f**king thing LOCKED UP on me!!! It completely corrupted my save data, just 1k was left, my guy, my work, it was all GONE!!! I loathe this game!!!

El Chuxter
03-16-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm sure it hates you, too, JT. :p

Sorry, it had to be said.

Kidhuman
03-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Grind Session, best skateboarding game ever.

JetsAndHeels
03-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Funny you mention this JT, I had a customer come into my work earlier this week and said his copy did the same thing to him. The exact same thing.

JimJamBonds
03-17-2006, 12:32 AM

What about Skate or Die????????????????

Lord Malakite
03-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Its a bug within the game itself. Hitman 2 for GameCube has a similar bug.

JediTricks
03-17-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, an update on my frustrations, I ended up tracking down the cheat codes for "always special" and "full balance on rails", have plowed through the classic mode nearly all the way at this point, it's more fun without having to constantly balance my guy. I remade my character and saved him to a second save file without cheats in it just in case this cheats file locks and dies again.

I'm sure it hates you, too, JT. :p

Sorry, it had to be said.If it had been my game and not a loaner, I very well might have snapped it in twain out of frustration.

Grind Session, best skateboarding game ever.Wow, you've found a title I've never heard ANYTHING about.

Funny you mention this JT, I had a customer come into my work earlier this week and said his copy did the same thing to him. The exact same thing.Huh, that's weird timing, maybe they have a "delete game" timecode built in. :D It turns out the person I borrowed it from had a lockup kill his save 2 weeks ago too. This title is buggy.

JJB, for a moment I thought you meant the arcade game "720", the very first skateboarding game ever, where it says "Skate or Die" all the time. That game was fun back in the day, but I got an emulated version on PS2 on the midway title and it actually SUCKS, not as much fun as I remembered.

Malakite, what's the bug exactly then so I can avoid it?

Kidhuman
03-17-2006, 02:31 PM
JT, it is an older game like 6-7 years old. You can find it on ebay for like 7 bucks brand new now. I was going to order one, but my friend who had mine and broke miraciously found one in a box his cousin took from Ohio and is sending it to me.

Lord Malakite
03-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Malakite, what's the bug exactly then so I can avoid it?
I'm not exactly certain what the specifics of the bug are. I did some google searching on it and found several mentions, but all the stories are from around 2004 so it doesn't do any good, they are dead pages. Its possible it could happen totally random and there isn't a specific trigger. From what I can gather though is that the bug causes the game to freeze and when it happens the card can corrupt (like in your case).

JediTricks
03-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Google caches pages they show in search results, click the "cached" link next to the results.

I'm just glad it was only the THUG2 main save file that corrupted and not my entire card.

Lord Malakite
03-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Thought of that when I looked. What was in the brief descriptions didn't show up in the cache results from what I saw.

Anakin Palpatine
03-18-2006, 05:04 AM

Yes it is and I still play it to this day, Skate Or Die and T & C Surf Design were also bad *** games. Not to mention pretty much all of the Tony Hawks.

For those who are to young or never heard of them...

Grind Session:PS1 game made by Sony (SCUS-94568) released in 2000

Skate Or Die and T & C Surf Design were made for the original Nintendo system and are really cheesy but fun!

Just incase anyone cares

Oh, if you get Grind Session and you need or want a cide:

Unlock every level:
Press Pause, then press circle, up, down, square, triangle

Unlock Every trick:
Press Pause, then press down, left, up, right, down, left up, right
A voice will then say "All Tricks Available"

WOW! Do I look like the old gamer geek!!