PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a "bad Hasbro" day

Darth Cruel
03-16-2006, 05:59 PM
To reciprocate the "no complaining" request I made in the complimentary Hasbro thread I posted some time ago, I will ask for no complimenting in this one.

I went to Frank-n-Sons' last night. (Notice I didn't call it Frank-n-Scalpers' this time, I think I am getting assimilated) Saw Commander Cody (more than once) and wanted to get him really bad. This figure is just articulated ankles and ball-jointed shoulders away from being what would probably be my favorite figure not just to date, but very likely until the end of Star Wars figures...period. And for falling short on him, Hasbro, here is a raspberry just for you. Oh, and why can't my #41 sculpt clones have removeable helmets.

And you have my permission to sculpt stormtroopers with Clone Trooper style boots as the Stormtrooper boots look a little to "Andy Gibb" for me.

maatu
03-16-2006, 07:20 PM
did the store just suck or was the figure bad. tell me that his helmet can be removed. tell me hasbro did not screw this figure up and just mess my whole clone experience up. i want this figure and if hasbro did not give him a removeable helmet i quit collecting the little figures and concentrate on sideshow toys.

Kidhuman
03-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Frank and Sons is a scalper Haven. They charge 20 dollars and up for most figures(from what I read) I wouldnt buy there either.

Darth Cruel
03-16-2006, 09:14 PM
did the store just suck or was the figure bad. tell me that his helmet can be removed. tell me hasbro did not screw this figure up and just mess my whole clone experience up. i want this figure and if hasbro did not give him a removeable helmet i quit collecting the little figures and concentrate on sideshow toys.

Oh no, don't fret. His helmet is still removeable. I am just really picky about articulation and I thought this figure could have been a #41 sculpt with the added coolness of a removeable helmet. I just wasn't in the mood to see it being so close to perfect but falling just a little short.

figrin bran
03-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Frank and Sons is a scalper Haven. They charge 20 dollars and up for most figures(from what I read) I wouldnt buy there either.

i picked up an OTC Bossk from them for $5 recently. pegwarmers go for really cheap...

clones, scorch and the like on the other hand...:whip:

maatu
03-18-2006, 05:22 PM
i bought the figure today and had a heck of a time to get the helmet off.it took forever to get the helmet off and his head is so small to go along with it.

Sith Lord 0498
03-18-2006, 05:26 PM
i bought the figure today and had a heck of a time to get the helmet off.it took forever to get the helmet off and his head is so small to go along with it.

I also noticed the head seems slightly too small. Still, it's a good face sculpt, so that forgiveable.

What I've noticed though is that not only is it difficult to get Cody's helmet off, but nearly every time his head comes off with it and I have to pry it out of the helmet.

Anyone else having that problem? If so, is there a trick to getting just the helmet off?