PDA

View Full Version : "new" vehicle rehashes

mtriv73
03-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Hasbro put up pictures of Mace Windu's purple star fighter and Vaders Tie today. I need a vader tie with a better paint job since I skipped the first saga one, but I think I'll pass on the Purple Starfighter.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=news&newsID=FE0B159E-D56F-E112-417740DE2CCDE7B5

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Hopefully these will both be $20 . . . that would be so dang cool. I never got the Vader TIE either time, and I don't care that it doesn't have a crappy overpriced figure.

Kidhuman
03-16-2006, 08:44 PM
If its 20 bucks, I will buy the TIE fighter. I have the bomber and the regular, might as well get this one too.

JediTricks
03-17-2006, 02:16 AM
The bigger version of that pic of the purple Jedi Starfighter looks like they photoshopped the color, it's almost pinkish, fuchsia.

I remember when Hasbro couldn't give those DV TIEs away, I bought one at TRU on clearance for $5 and they had a stack more (buried behind a much bigger stack of T-16s :p).

Scackmgack
03-17-2006, 11:33 AM
WEAK! Where's the Cloud Car???

Hasblow strikes again.

Darth Cruel
03-17-2006, 12:47 PM
The bigger version of that pic of the purple Jedi Starfighter looks like they photoshopped the color, it's almost pinkish, fuchsia.

I remember when Hasbro couldn't give those DV TIEs away, I bought one at TRU on clearance for $5 and they had a stack more (buried behind a much bigger stack of T-16s :p).

Those were the good 'ol days. I still have my 3 T-16's. One open (that my son begs me for non-stop) and two still sealed. I wonder if they will ever re-release those.

JediTricks
03-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Those were the good 'ol days. I still have my 3 T-16's. One open (that my son begs me for non-stop) and two still sealed. I wonder if they will ever re-release those. I doubt it, that had to be the all-time worst-selling $20 vehicle I've ever seen in the Star Wars line. Plus, it had some issues, the wings not folding with the mini-section, the plastic on the hinges bending away, few figures could actually fit inside, and there wasn't much interest at the time in general. It was an ok piece, but I can't imagine them re-releasing that, especially before re-releasing more popular stuff like the Bantha and Rancor and A-wing (which also sold poorly) and Skiff.

Darth Cruel
03-17-2006, 04:48 PM
I agree. I don't think ANY of those will ever get re-released. And it doesn't appear that anyone cares about those. I still have like 6 or 7 each of the Banthas and Rancors. I bought them at Factory 2 U for like 8.00 each and wanted a herd of the Banthas. I just got the Rancors because they were there and cheap. All the boxes are trashed, though.

JediTricks
03-17-2006, 05:31 PM
It's been a LONG time since we got 'em though, what, 8 or 9 years? Some stuff should be re-released, like the Skiff and A-wing.

Lazer Brain
03-17-2006, 05:47 PM
was the mace ship ever in the movies, or just from the animated show?
i hope there is a mace figure that will fit in it.
later

TheDarthVader
03-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Yes! And just when I was going to stupid ebay for DV's tie and the tie interceptor! I am going to be getting a DV tie, and I am going to rip it open. Hopefully, they will re-release the tie fighter interceptor with better paint. Yay! I don't give a crap about Mace's fighter. Are these going to be widely released or exclusives?

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
03-18-2006, 01:28 AM
Mace's is only from the cartoon laser.

Anakin Palpatine
03-18-2006, 04:47 AM
I doubt it, that had to be the all-time worst-selling $20 vehicle I've ever seen in the Star Wars line. Plus, it had some issues, the wings not folding with the mini-section, the plastic on the hinges bending away, few figures could actually fit inside, and there wasn't much interest at the time in general. It was an ok piece, but I can't imagine them re-releasing that, especially before re-releasing more popular stuff like the Bantha and Rancor and A-wing (which also sold poorly) and Skiff.

They have re-released the A-Wing 3 times that I can think of. The first being the same a-Wing in a differant box than the original green POTF. The Next was the new colored version with same old figure. The third was the Target exclusive new colored version with the new fig that I believe was the same as the one from the rebel pilots 3 pack. I could be wrong but that's what I remember of it.

As for the Rancor and Bantha they should re-release thoughs with new figures and packaging. These didn't sell poorly at all they were just much more over produced back when the were first released. As for the skiff, that should have been a mainstream piece along with the Tie Bomber, Interceptor and Imperial Shuttle. All the good vehicles we all want they keep making exclusives and all the crappy ones like Vader's Tie keep going mainstream. Watch and see when we finally get our new cloud car it will be an exclusive to a store like Walgreen's and each store will get 2 of them and they will cost 4 times as much as they should.

At least they finally made decent versions of the X-Wing and Tie Fighter, my only hope is that the Falcon will get a re-mold before I die, where I could actually fit 4 figs into the cockpit and have two gunner stations. Hey I can dream. Don't get me started on the playsets! :whip:

jonthejedi
03-18-2006, 05:25 AM
I hope they rehash the TIE fighter w/the larger solar wings. I waited to get it from Target, to see if the price would drop, and it was gone, gone, gone.

mtriv73
03-18-2006, 05:37 PM
I hope they rehash the TIE fighter w/the larger solar wings. I waited to get it from Target, to see if the price would drop, and it was gone, gone, gone.

It's been on every rumor list I've seen this year. Of course that usually doesn't mean jack-squat, but they've all been on the mark so far. I was waiting for teh price to go down too so i could buy a second one.