PDA

View Full Version : Qui-gon Exclusive Figure Sold Out Hahahahaa

rich_of_the_dead
03-17-2006, 12:59 PM
28 minutes to sell out....got one in 3 log in ordered logged out...god do i love personal paid time off from work !!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Captain Spoon
03-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Wow that was close, when I logged in I did not get the priority pre-order screen untill 1:20 ET. Luckily I got my 2, I bought one on the phone and My Moms got me one for trade. :thumbsup:

mrcrowlley
03-17-2006, 01:31 PM
I didn't order this one figured I would get the regular version the poncho does not scream must have to me.

El Chuxter
03-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Jesus Christ!!! I was going to pass, but was "talking" on e-mail with a buddy of mine who convinced me to order it since I was already regretting deciding to pass. I just got my confirmation e-mail and my order went through at 10:26:37. Barely a minute before they sold out! :eek:

Jayspawn
03-17-2006, 02:30 PM
I passed on the Exclusive version. Not worth the hassle or stress.

maatu
03-17-2006, 03:05 PM
how in the world did you order by phone .everytime i call there number it's not in service. email me the number.

Blue2th
03-17-2006, 06:48 PM
I didn't order this one figured I would get the regular version the poncho does not scream must have to me.
You could use the one off of an Episode 1 twelve inch. It's actually done very nice....... Got my Exclusive Qui-Gon in 5 minutes though. Can't stop now.

BlueSnags
03-17-2006, 08:52 PM
These exclusives are selling out faster everytime, even with bigger edition numbers. I hope SS is planning on a 3000-4000 size exclusive for the upcoming Darth Maul (seems to be the first Sith figure they're planning). The clones will come later, but they will be tough to get as well.

Sith Lord 0498
03-17-2006, 09:06 PM
how in the world did you order by phone .everytime i call there number it's not in service. email me the number.

When it says "not in service", that's the same as saying all circuits are busy. I actually got both of those reasons today over the phone. For Mace, I didn't have too much of a problem...got through after three tries. Today, it was more like fifteen attempts, and I ended up getting through on the Net while I was trying the phone.

Long story short, the number you were trying is the correct number. It's just that their phone service suffers from the same bottlenecking as their computer servers.

My advice...keep trying on-line and also try the phone number simultaneously.

Turbowars
03-18-2006, 12:06 AM
These exclusives are selling out faster everytime, even with bigger edition numbers. I hope SS is planning on a 3000-4000 size exclusive for the upcoming Darth Maul (seems to be the first Sith figure they're planning). The clones will come later, but they will be tough to get as well.They haven't said for sure that Maul is next did they? I wish SSC would just tell us their plan for at least 6 months like Hasbro used to. I guess they want us on their site 24 7.

On other note I will see if I can get this thread removed Rich. I think some else posted the same thing after you did.:twisted: :)

AmanaMatt
03-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, this time around took me 15 min, but I scored the SS exclusive version. Now, I understand some not caring to deal with the hassle, but since it is the same price (usually), I want all the accessories. Since I have managed to get all the exclusive figs, it is becoming kind of a game to me ('Can he do it?')

Sith Lord 0498
03-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Well, this time around took me 15 min, but I scored the SS exclusive version. Now, I understand some not caring to deal with the hassle, but since it is the same price (usually), I want all the accessories. Since I have managed all the exclusive figs, it is becoming kind of a game to me ('Can he do it?')

I do try to score the exclusives as often as I can, but Qui-Gon is the first figure that I absolutely wanted the exclusive and didn't want to "settle" for the regular edition...and that's because the accessory was the poncho, which is an essential component to the character IMO. Previous exclusives, it didn't matter to me because I probably wouldn't use them.

On a related note, I would've loved to have scored the exclusive Han Solo, and that's the only time I've ever felt burned by Sideshow. I was logged into the site 10 minutes early, and I couldn't get through on either the computer or the phone before it sold out. Fortunately, I was relieved when I saw the horrible pics of the face sculpt.

But after seeing the pics from Toy Fair, I realized that it wasn't as bad as Sideshow's site made it look, and I ended up pre-ordered the regular edition.

Captain Spoon
03-20-2006, 09:14 AM
The first Sith might not be Maul, since they just did the 1:1 Bust. They have said in the past that they did not like too many similar items avaliable at a time. If this is true you can also count out Vader. If you ask me Palpatine would be the first, I choose him over Dooku because they could put him off untill they are ready to do a Christopher Lee LOTR figure and the head sculpts could be similar

Darth Cruel
03-20-2006, 10:06 AM
These exclusives are selling out faster everytime, even with bigger edition numbers. I hope SS is planning on a 3000-4000 size exclusive for the upcoming Darth Maul (seems to be the first Sith figure they're planning). The clones will come later, but they will be tough to get as well.

I hope you are correct, but what makes you think it is Maul?

evenflow
03-20-2006, 11:43 AM
I couldnt get through, luckily my girlfriend got through and got me the exlcusive version.

mrcrowlley
03-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Exclusive of 4000 5000? What will the editions on the regular version be if we have them that high. Why not just have 7000 exclusives and 1000 regular then everyone will want the reg because its the lower edition. For the most part none of the exclusives have screamed must have to me. I will pick them the regs up from a dealer for 15 - 20 % off.

Sith Lord 0498
03-23-2006, 05:55 AM
Exclusive of 4000 5000? What will the editions on the regular version be if we have them that high. Why not just have 7000 exclusives and 1000 regular then everyone will want the reg because its the lower edition. For the most part none of the exclusives have screamed must have to me. I will pick them the regs up from a dealer for 15 - 20 % off.

The regular editions would probably be upward of 12,000-15,000. With certain figures though (Maul, Vader, Fett, troopers), those numbers probably still won't be enough to satisfy demand.

I agree with you on the exclusives...for the most part. I believe the exclusive versions of Qui-Gon and Han Solo are special enough to warrant the "must-have" feeling. That mynock is nearly half the freakin' size of the figure, and Qui-Gon's poncho is an essential element of the character's costume.

The rest of them...take 'em or leave 'em...either way...