PDA

View Full Version : Han Bespin Regular: 8000 and Still Sold Out

Sith Lord 0498
03-18-2006, 12:17 PM
In addition to larger edition sizes on the exclusives and even faster sell-out times for them, I noticed today that the sold-out regular edition Han Solo was set at 8,000. Likewise, regular edition Mace Windu is set at 7500 and still sold out. All that's actually still able to be pre-ordered is Qui-Gon, who was released yesterday.

Here's my question: Just how high do you think the edition sizes have to go before Sideshow gets close to meeting the demand for these figures??

I can't even imagine the record sell-outs for both editions that will start when these figures are released: Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, army builder Clonetroopers/Stormtroopers, Leia, etc.

Do you think Sideshow will start making edition sizes over 10,000 for regular edition figures? Even then, I think they'll still easily sell-out. There were James Bond 12 inch figures that had edition sizes of 17,500 ("Dr. No" James Bond), and they're sold out.

JediTricks
03-18-2006, 03:21 PM
I suspect they'll keep the total run size under 15,000 (regular and SE) until they start seeing 2-day sellouts for the regular editions and heavy ordering from retailers.

AmanaMatt
03-18-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm glad to see complete sell outs for all their figs. When they do a Fett or the like, they better consider hitting higher than 15,000 pieces, but that's just me. On certain key characters, why limit business profitability?

Sith Lord 0498
03-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm glad to see complete sell outs for all their figs. When they do a Fett or the like, they better consider hitting higher than 15,000 pieces, but that's just me. On certain key characters, why limit business profitability?

And also it will give them an opportunity to hook in more collectors. I know that personally once I saw and ordered my first one (Luke), I made sure I ordered every one past that (except Kit).

If they make a character like Darth Vader or Boba Fett more easily available, more people may jump on the bandwagon, and Sideshow will reap the monetary benefits.

I understand that Sideshow keeps their editions tightly controlled in order to maintain a higher secondary market value (basically making them truly limited, special editions), but I think they can get away with raising the ceiling on the Star Wars 1/6 figures because there's a much larger market for them than other licenses.

JediTricks
03-19-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm glad to see complete sell outs for all their figs. When they do a Fett or the like, they better consider hitting higher than 15,000 pieces, but that's just me. On certain key characters, why limit business profitability?Fett, Stormtrooper, Vader, they're characters that have the most broad appeal, buyers won't just be SW fans or Sideshow fans, they'll be every 1:6th scale fan, and just about every casual Star Wars fan, their numbers should be like 5,000 for Fett and Vader SEs, 20,000 total at least.

Turbowars
03-19-2006, 09:24 PM
And also it will give them an opportunity to hook in more collectors. I know that personally once I saw and ordered my first one (Luke), I made sure I ordered every one past that (except Kit).

.Why didn't you order Kit? He's actually the only one that has a dead on likeness. :confused:

Jayspawn
03-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Kit is one of the best 12" figures so far. The likeness is better than some of the others.

Reefer Shark
03-20-2006, 01:54 AM
I can't even imagine the record sell-outs for both editions that will start when these figures are released: Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, army builder Clonetroopers/Stormtroopers, Leia, etc.

Do you think Sideshow will start making edition sizes over 10,000 for regular edition figures? Even then, I think they'll still easily sell-out. There were James Bond 12 inch figures that had edition sizes of 17,500 ("Dr. No" James Bond), and they're sold out.

I really hope they start doing them over 10,000. I also really wish they would just include all accessories with every figure, and do away with the exclusive editions. I'm not really up on the history of Sideshow, does anyone know if they've always done exclusives for every figure, or is that a more recent thing?

The figure I would probably worry about the most would have to be Maul. I might be coming down with something and calling out sick from work the day that one is released. ;)

nash
03-20-2006, 03:04 AM
Kit is one of the best 12" figures so far. The likeness is better than some of the others.
I agree, Kit is pretty much dead on. I for one am happy they didnt make Kit with the "smiley" face expression. Why would you want a bad a s s jedi smiling? come on...

Sith Lord 0498
03-20-2006, 05:38 AM
Why didn't you order Kit? He's actually the only one that has a dead on likeness. :confused:

Because I'm not a fan of the secondary Jedi, and I'd rather spend $54.99 on something that I actually want to buy...not just buy something so I can have one of every figure. Besides, Kit and Han are the only two slated to ship in the same month, and I'd like to keep my Sideshow figures to one per month at most.

Heck, I was almost going to pass on Qui-Gon because I'm getting sick of all the Jedi figures coming out. If the face sculpt and exclusive accessory hadn't been so good IMO, I would've passed on him.

Darth Cruel
03-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I really hope they start doing them over 10,000. I also really wish they would just include all accessories with every figure, and do away with the exclusive editions. I'm not really up on the history of Sideshow, does anyone know if they've always done exclusives for every figure, or is that a more recent thing?

The figure I would probably worry about the most would have to be Maul. I might be coming down with something and calling out sick from work the day that one is released. ;)

This is Sideshow's MO. They do not see these pieces as toys. They see them as statues with moveable joints and have said so in some of their early interviews. They WANT the secondary market price to be high.

On the other hand, they have stated that they will be making troop builder figures like the clones and stormtroopers in larger numbers.