PDA

View Full Version : Worst figure of the Saga Collection.

starwarsfan1
03-18-2006, 10:04 PM
I recieved the fourth wave of the saga collection today from a freind in california. All the figures are good(Cody was brilliant)but Foul Moudonna has got to be the worst figure not only in this wave, but of the whole line. His hands are too big to hold the lightsaber, He is too big to fit on the stand(doesnt even have a hole on his foot to hold him in place), and has the least amount of articulation i've ever seen on a figure. Biggest waste of plastic I have ever seen. Way to go hasbro you fail yet again:rolleyes:.

decadentdave
03-18-2006, 11:48 PM
My vote goes to Geonosis Threepio. Total waste of plastic.

figrin bran
03-19-2006, 02:40 AM
i don't have it yet but it's probably going to be anakin from the coruscant wave. it wasn't a good figure in the ROTS line and certainly not a good one in saga.

i'm actually looking forward to getting foul moudama. i've read all the criticisms and wonder why people didn't realize it was going to be straight up repack of muftak with a robe. there are other figures whose hands are too big to hold accessories- try having saga bossk hold his gun without the clear rubber bands. anyhow, foul is going to look great right next to shaak ti and the roron corrob i customized.

starwarsfan1
03-19-2006, 09:39 AM
I agree with both of you on C-3PO and Anakin. For the Anakin hasbro should have put out the evolutions Anakin instead of the ROTS #2 Anakin piece of crap. As for 3PO they could have included a battle droid body to put the 3PO head on. Hasbro has once again done a half *** job. As for Foul Moudonna I discovered his boots are removeable remvealing the concealed holes in his feet. So one problem solved. However how will he look good next to Shakk Ti and Roron Corrob if he cant even hold his lightsaber. Its like going to war and you forgot your gun, your just a sitting duck.

maatu
03-19-2006, 10:04 AM
i am picking obi won kenobi. it's just a rehash. but they (hasbro) again could not fix the holes in the head wear he would be wearing the headset piece.if you guys open him you will notice it and it's kind of annoying to look at. it's also in the seperation of the twins. But there are corrected versions of it. you just have to find them.it's probably i was looking forward to this figure so much that when i saw the screw up .iwaited and by luck i started to find corrected ones.

Turbowars
03-19-2006, 11:25 AM
i am picking obi won kenobi. it's just a rehash. but they (hasbro) again could not fix the holes in the head wear he would be wearing the headset piece.if you guys open him you will notice it and it's kind of annoying to look at. it's also in the seperation of the twins. But there are corrected versions of it. you just have to find them.it's probably i was looking forward to this figure so much that when i saw the screw up .iwaited and by luck i started to find corrected ones.So there's a version that actually has a hole in his head? The ROTS Obi I have seems to had have a hole filled on the right side of his head.

Sith Lord 0498
03-19-2006, 01:28 PM
So there's a version that actually has a hole in his head? The ROTS Obi I have seems to had have a hole filled on the right side of his head.

I just checked my ROTS Obi-Wan, and there's a filled-in hole in his head as well. Strange how I never really noticed it before.

As for the worst figure in the Saga Collection, I would say that all the repacks and kit-bashes are a bad idea. Even the decent figures (Obi-Wan mostly) were just released in the ROTS line (and sometimes in other ways...Obi-Wan again with the Separation of the Twins set), and we don't need them again so soon.

As for "new" figures, I would have to say the "Razzie" goes to Scorch. For a trooper, there's not much you can do with him due to the limited articulation below the waist.

Bossk77
03-19-2006, 03:22 PM
I would have to say, the worst figure vairies. I have seen a huge increase in paint jobs from figure to figure from case to case lately. It greatly irks me when i am a flaw perfectionist, and i cant find a figure whose paint is right on the mark..... shame on them for sloppyness.

maatu
03-19-2006, 04:00 PM
i know i might be just picky on the figure and went along ways to find perfect ones too. there out there. But there are ones that have holes on both sides.i agree on scrch . why not give this figure better articulation.

LTBasker
03-19-2006, 07:10 PM
I can't really decide so I'll just post my candidates so far-

Jango Fett
General Rieekan
C-3PO
Anakin Skywalker
The entire Heroes and Villains assortment.

Battle Droid
03-19-2006, 07:17 PM
General Rieekan

figrin bran
03-19-2006, 08:39 PM
However how will he look good next to Shakk Ti and Roron Corrob if he cant even hold his lightsaber. Its like going to war and you forgot your gun, your just a sitting duck.

i intend to use the clear rubber bands to help hold the lightsaber in place. for the custom of roron, i used the hands from potf2 momaw nadon and those hands are also too large to hold a saber and so i had to resort to those free rubber bands from hasbro :p

i think i want to change my vote for worst saga figure to rieekan. for nearly the same amount as the saga price, he could've been had on clearance when first issued as a deluxe figure.

Kidhuman
03-19-2006, 09:14 PM
Riekaan as well. 3PO Geo a close second.

Turbowars
03-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Hasbro should had included the Radar screen with this Saga Rieekan version. There's more than enough room for it and since Rieekan has such crap@ss articulation and it's a total rehash there's really no reason.

Bossk77
03-19-2006, 11:10 PM
The answer to the articulation question is glaringly simple... The err on articutation so that consumers will by the multitude of forthcomming reissues of that figure over the span of the years to come.. Take clonetroopers for example, or the (fifty-brazillian:lipsrseal) joke there, verisons of C-3PO that have come out over the years claiming just that. In sum we are all sucka's.:thumbsup:

Darth Cruel
03-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Based on the first four waves. I am in agreement with Foul Moudama being the worst figure. I expected this figure to be a re-hash so I was not surprised there. But that is no excuse for Hasbro. I cannot support Hasbro's choice to re-hash the Muftak sculpt. I firmly believe that for the price we pay for the figures, we should be well beyond these outdated sculpts. And Foul isn't the only one, just the worst one in my opinion.

mtriv73
03-20-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm going to go with Reikan as well. The space in that assortment could have been better filled by another Bren Derlin with a head swap to make him another figure. Or, they could have repainted a Dutch Vander to give us one of the other snowspeeder pilots. We'd all still be bit**ing about rehashes, but at least it would be another figure that we didn't already have.

dindae
03-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Well instead of picking one of the rehash, repacked, or kitbashed figures I limited myself to the truly new figures. That being the case I am choosing Han Carbonite. He just looked too sloppy. It's probably a combination of the paint app. and articulation not being hidden well in the sculpting of the figure. Bib would probably be my second choice mainly because I hate figures that have their mouth open wide. It's not quite as bad as the droid factory padme or speeder bike anakin but it still detracts from the figure to me. If I were to choose from the rehash, repacked, or kitbashed figures I would have to choose Obi Wan just because the sculpt has been used too much lately. I do like Foul. While I would have liked to see a hand that could hold a saber even if they just used a peg to hold it in. But it is a new character which is always a plus to me.