PDA

View Full Version : Good News, Everyone - Futurama's Back!!

Beast
03-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Just thought I'd pass along what was posted on Billy West's webpage. :)

The good news is that we're doing 26 new episodes of ''Futurama'' for TV and we're hammering out the final deal now. The original plan was to have the DVD movies first but that's no longer the case. I'm totaly jammed dude. Greetings from the year 3000! It still sucks! -- Billy

2-1B
03-19-2006, 09:56 PM
I never got into this show so I can't say I missed it.

Kidhuman
03-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Hot diggity dog, thats sweet news.

starwarsfan1
03-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Its about time!!!!!!!!! Futurama kicks major arse. Hmmmm....first Family Guy comes back from the dead now Futurama, whats next?

Rocketboy
03-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Its about time!!!!!!!!! Futurama kicks major arse. Hmmmm....first Family Guy comes back from the dead now Futurama, whats next?Mr. Belvedere! *crosses fingers*

Kidhuman
03-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Wesley......

bobafrett
03-20-2006, 12:06 PM
This is indeed good news. I enjoy Futurama. Wonder if it will be all the original voices?

Beast
03-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Apperantly Billy West spoke too soon. :(

Guys,

I'm sorry I gave inaccurate info on the cartoon. I was told on one end that the TV show was a go but DXC enlightened me (with a hammer) that this was not the case. I think there is a Futurama project as in DVD's but I apparently had bad info. But I do live to give good Futurama news to people. So I must've died or something.

All eyes on the skies,

Billy

JimJamBonds
03-20-2006, 01:59 PM
I never got into this show so I can't say I missed it.

Ditto, it never 'did' anything for me.

Jargo
03-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Though weaker than the Simpsons and not as risque as other shows, I like futurama. it paases a good twenty minutes or so. I can't say I laugh out loud as I do with other shows either but I feel entertained after watching episodes. And it certainly can't hurt to have more choice in toon watching. If it's straight to DVD still then that's fine too.
I think I'd sooner have futurama than king of the hill.

bobafrett
03-25-2006, 11:33 PM
I think I enjoy Futurama because I see a little bit of Fry in me. He's not real intelligent, delivered pizza's and has little luck with the ladies. I look forward to new episodes on DVD which I can watch at my own time slot.

2-1B
03-25-2006, 11:43 PM
I resemble that comment.

El Chuxter
06-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Looks like it's back on again, and official:

From Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060623/tv_nm/futurama_dc;_ylt=Aok4scYNXmKV5LPDrGxlJC5xFb8C;_ylu =X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM-):

"Futurama" gets new life on Comedy Central

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Futurama" has a future.

Comedy Central has resurrected the former Fox animated series from "The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening and David X. Cohen. At least 13 new episodes will be produced -- the first since the series' original run from 1999-2003.

The new batch is part of a deal the cable network made with 20th Century Fox Television last year to pick up syndicated rights to the existing "Futurama" library of 72 episodes. Comedy Central also had an option to air any new episodes produced.

New and old episodes will begin airing in 2008 on Comedy Central. Actors Billy West, Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio have agreed to return as voices for "Futurama."

"We are thrilled that Matt Groening and 20th Century Fox Television have decided to produce new episodes of 'Futurama' and that Comedy Central will be the first to air them," said David Bernath, senior vice president for programming at the network.

"There is a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience, and it is great that we can offer them not just the existing library but something they've never seen as well."

"Futurama" isn't the first series to return to air after cancellation. The Fox animated series "Family Guy" returned to the network last year after getting a second wind on DVD and late-night cable.

UKWildcat
06-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Good to hear.

2008? That's a long ways away but that should give me more than enough time to rewatch Volumes 1-4. :D

JediTricks
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Comedy Central? Since when did they have the rights to rerun the show? Cartoon Network is the only one right now doing such. I hope this article is correct, though '08 feels so far away.

Kidhuman
06-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Perhaps CN's contract runs out in 08 on the reruns. This is good news

basschick
06-27-2006, 01:22 AM
wow, this thread is a roller coaster ride...
first we're on for new futuramas, then we're off and now we're back on!

i love futurama. it has a different sense of humor than the simpsons, but that's fine. there's always room for more - and ya gotta love bender ;)

JediTricks
09-09-2006, 01:54 PM
More confirmation about that Comedy Central deal:

Groening's schedule is especially full these days. Besides his work on "The Simpsons," he and partner David Cohen are bringing one-time Fox series "Futurama" back to TV with new episodes on Comedy Central beginning in 2008.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/08/tv.simpsonsat18.ap/index.html

basschick
09-10-2006, 05:59 PM
that's great news! thanks for the update :)

Rocketboy
12-13-2006, 07:06 PM
"Good news everyone."
While cleaning out my bookmarks, I found this (http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/54782/Futurama_All_3D.html?autoplay=true), a not-so lost episode of Futurama. It's all the cutscenes from the Futurama game, which adds up to nearly 30 minutes.

JediTricks
12-15-2006, 07:30 PM
I'll definitely have to check that out tomorrow when I get some downtime. I'm a little too busy right now, but hearing the Prof say "good news everyone" at the beginning was enough to make my day. :D

Rocketboy
08-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Futurama the Movie: Bender's Big Score - November 20 (http://videoeta.com/movie/97618)

General_Grievous
08-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Awesome.

Just so you guys know, the "new episodes" that will air on Comedy Central will just be "Bender's Big Score" separated into four parts. There will be three other movies on DVD that will also be aired on Comedy Central in episode form.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Any way they do it is fine by me.

I recently got this shirt (http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302028400&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442160805&bmUID=1186867916427) at Hot Topic. In the store they also had a black one with the Planet Express logo and a cream one with Fry, Leela, and Bender under the word "Futurama." Good stuff.

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Cool shirt!

I'm not in love with this "direct to DVD" thing, if it doesn't sell really well they'll can it prematurely and we'll be back to square 1. Plus, if the writers don't stay on a roll they'll go flat or over-pander - Family Guy suffered that.

General_Grievous
08-13-2007, 01:21 AM
Plus, if the writers don't stay on a roll they'll go flat or over-pander - Family Guy suffered that.

But, judging from your avatar (and the hilarious footage where it came from), the Family Guy crew seems to be overcoming that obstacle.

Rocketboy
08-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Found some more info (http://www.theanimationblog.com/2007/08/03/details-on-new-futurama-movie-benders-big-score/):

As Xmas 3007 approaches, the “Futurama” crew must fight to save Earth in an epic battle against nudist alien Internet scammers. When the evil naked aliens launch a cyber-attack on Planet Express, they make a shocking discovery: the secret of time travel, mysteriously tattooed on Fry’s buttocks. Using their devious nudist software to control Bender, they repeatedly send the beer-fueled robot back in time to loot Earth of its greatest treasures. Bender’s rampage through history has shocking repercussions when he encounters Al Gore (guest-starring as himself) during the 2000 Presidential recount. Meanwhile, Leela finds true love, a beloved crew member suffers an embarrassing decapitation, and Fry learns deep secrets about his destiny and his buttocks.
Featuring:
1) Al Gore, Coolio and Sarah Silverman guest star.
2) Complete commentary by Matt Groening, David X. Cohen, and cast members
3) All new, full-length episode of “Everybody Loves Hypnotoad”, including TV commercials of the future
4) Mind-bending Futurama math lecture by Professor Sarah Greenwald
5) Promo for “An Inconvenient Truth” starring Bender and Al Gore, including commentary by the former Vice President.

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 04:30 AM
But, judging from your avatar (and the hilarious footage where it came from), the Family Guy crew seems to be overcoming that obstacle.
Yeah, but it took them a while to get back on their feet, like 2 seasons into the return.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-15-2007, 06:47 PM
All new, full-length episode of “Everybody Loves Hypnotoad”, including TV commercials of the future
Sweetness!

Rocketboy
09-10-2007, 03:19 PM
The cover art (http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/benders-big-score.html) has been released. Note Hermes head in a jar(?).

Extras will include a complete commentary by Matt Groening, David X. Cohen, and cast members, an all new, full-length episode of "Everybody Loves Hypnotoad", including TV commercials of the future, a Mind-bending Futurama math lecture by Professor Sarah Greenwald, and a promo for "An Inconvenient Truth" starring Bender and Al Gore, including commentary by the former Vice President.

Also, someone commented:

The four movies are reported to be:
Benders Big Score
The Beast with a Billion Backs
Benders Game
Into the Wild Green Yonder

JediTricks
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
With Zoidberg being the one holding the jar, I'm suspecting it's another instance of his incompetence at play here and Hermes will get his flabby body back by the end, with his head on backwards or something.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I just hope he'll still be able to limbo.

I'm not sure whether or not I'll get this, since it'll just be on Comedy Central in a few months anyway. But who knows, since my birthday is just a few days after the release date.

JediTricks
09-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Without a body, he should be able to limbo pretty well. :p

Here's my thinking: if we don't support this by buying it, they won't make more.

El Chuxter
12-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Maybe this should get merged with the "Futurama cancelled" thread.

I'm surprised to not see any discussion on Bender's Big Score.

Awesome movie. So many references back to older stuff. Only Flexo, Mom, and Crushinator were missing (and maybe the Robot Devil, IIRC). Hopefully at least Flexo shows up again in the future movies.

I loved the whole deal with Lars. Without spoiling too much, that was one of the greatest twists I've ever seen, and it's not telegraphed far in advance. You go from hoping he dies a horrible death to him being one of your favorite characters in the history of the series in less than five seconds.

And I for one was pleased to see that, in the re-written past, Seymour didn't die alone in front of Panucci's after pining for Fry for years. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Honestly, I haven't bothered yet, as much as I love Futurama, the way they're doing this puts more dread than excitement into me and I'm thinking I'll just let someone buy it for me for a present. Plus, throwing everything besides the kitchen sink into it doesn't make it good, just self-referential which can be a bad thing.

El Chuxter
12-08-2007, 03:01 AM
The way it was done, though, it actually worked.

General_Grievous
12-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I have to wait until Christmas to see this one.

Lord Malakite
12-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Awesome movie. So many references back to older stuff. Only Flexo, Mom, and Crushinator were missing (and maybe the Robot Devil, IIRC). Hopefully at least Flexo shows up again in the future movies.
The Robot Devil was in it. He is in the church balcony conducting the music. ;)

I loved the whole deal with Lars. Without spoiling too much, that was one of the greatest twists I've ever seen, and it's not telegraphed far in advance. You go from hoping he dies a horrible death to him being one of your favorite characters in the history of the series in less than five seconds.
And yet I found the Lars plot to be a bit on the predictable side. :cross-eye I guessed the general idea of the character's plot as soon as I saw him and actually got bit antsy waiting for them to confirm my guess.

And I for one was pleased to see that, in the re-written past, Seymour didn't die alone in front of Panucci's after pining for Fry for years. :thumbsup:
It was nice to see Seymour and 5-leaf clover "nephew" Fry again, but I really wish they hadn't shown them. In retrospect it takes some of the "oomph" out of what really defined those two Futurama episodes as being memorable.

All in all though, I enjoyed this Futurama movie more than I did most of the Futurama episodes, which is really saying a lot since I can't think of a single Futurama episode that I didn't like to at least some degree. I'd definately recommend it to anybody who enjoyed the show. Just avoid the bonus hypno-toad episode. Trust me, with what little payoff there is in watching it, it isn't worth the 20+ minutes of torture you'll endure sitting through it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Slight spoilers ahead, perhaps . . .

I got it and I really like it overall. I felt the beginning part with the spam jokes wasn't that great, and was worried that the rest would be like that, but thankfully the rest was awesome. The Lars story was really cool; I TOTALLY did not see that coming. I thought it was somewhat odd that Billy West was close to using his normal voice, but didn't put two and two together.

Was it just me, or did it seem like they were animating Leela to be really skinny? She just looked weird in a lot of scenes.

I'll have to watch it again soon. I can't wait for Beast with a Billion Backs, it looks hysterical. :D

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Just checked it out yesterday, thought it was great. Lots of great points, took them long enough to bring out Brannigan and Kif though....would have liked to see more of them, but I still enjoyed it a lot. How soon before we get another one?

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
I got this for xmas, I wasn't expecting much from it but it really worked for me, I loved it. The art for Al Gore was dodgy and the Scammer Aliens looked too much like nude Zoidberg :shudder: but it pretty much worked well without feeling like a cameo-fest. I picked up on the BIG TWIST way early and was surprisingly moved by some of the stuff we weren't supposed to get until the end of the episode. The DVD extras are a mixed bag, some really good, but some like the deleted scenes are a joke. Overall, a high recommend for any fan.

BTW, hearing the SDCC panel and knowing I could have been there for it but had to do other stuff broke my heart.

No date on the 2nd movie, Beast with a Billion Backs, but I'm betting sometime near the spring (these are being produced on roughly a TV schedule, they're produced as 4 episodes each).

DarthQuack
02-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Good New Everyone!! Another DVD release!!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Futurama-Beast-With-A-Billion-Backs/9081

We're back again Baby!!!

Kidhuman
02-28-2008, 03:59 PM
The Beast will a billion Backs(Slickers Mom Documnetary) will be released on June 24th. I cant wait for it.

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Rats, anybody save it? It's gone.

Kidhuman
02-29-2008, 06:10 AM
No, I basically summed up the two paragraphs, leaving out that CC will air all 4 movies in 16 episodes calling it season 5.

JediTricks
02-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Whoop whoop whoop whoop! - Dr. Zoidberg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Did anyone else see Bender's Big Score on Comedy Central?

They cut it up into four episodes but showed them back-to-back, kind of defeating the purpose. They put the opening credits at the beginning of each one (with a random shot of Zoidberg, a different slogan under the logo each time that was obscured by the last episode's credits, and the same shot of Fry going into the freezer as the footage on the billboard). They didn't have the full opening where they showed each character with their names on the screen. At the end of the first three, it said "To Be Continued . . ." on the screen. I think they added a Torgo's commercial, but otherwise, it was the same as the DVD (I think). Kind of disappointing as I was expecting some newish stuff.

JediTricks
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
First off, how stupid are they to air them together? The whole point of this was to air them spread out so they'd get a whole "season" out of these movies. Friggin' dumb!!!

Second, the DVD blew me away, so I'm not going to soil it by watching the TV version unless it's CONFIRMED to have something new. I'm fickle. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Here's the trailer (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MHDHgRGtOY0) for the next one. Should be awesome.

DarthQuack
06-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Sweet, can't wait....although I don't want to purchase them just yet....hoping to get a boxset or have them in some kind of volume form.

JediTricks
06-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I hate to say it, but that wasn't a very good trailer. Still, I'll buy it to support my precious.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Does anyone know of any extras at any stores like the Best Buy disc that came with the first one? I haven't bought it yet so I want any bonuses there might be.

JediTricks
06-25-2008, 04:56 PM
I hit Target, Best Buy, and Circuit City, but none of them had extras or even good pricing, everybody was $20 except CC who only has it online, but it's $18.

Kidhuman
06-25-2008, 07:02 PM
I ordered mine from Deepdiscount and got the 20% off.

JediTricks
06-28-2008, 05:07 PM
I picked it up at Best Buy, and watched it immediately. To be honest, I thought it was underwhelming, especially coming off of the last movie which was so much better. It had the feel of some of the last 2 seasons' episodes, where there was a big intention that got lost among too many plot threads, and Fry acted out of character simply to move the story along. The religious allegory falls entirely flat and we're left with an underwhelming mess that has to be wrapped up in the last 3 minutes - a race to the end despite the whole thing being stretched way too far out.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2008, 10:25 PM
That's too bad; hopefully I'll like it better. I still haven't gotten it yet.

Lord Malakite
06-29-2008, 01:31 AM
I liked "Beast with a Billion Backs", but I'd have to agree with JT on this one. It was much more tedious (stretched too far out) and underwhelming than the previous movie. I do give them props for continuing the story loosely from where the last film ended (with the space/time rip caused by the multi. Bender "time paradox" thing) though.

By the way, for anyone else who has seen it so far, who else agrees that Bender fulfilling his deal with the Robot Devil was by far the best part of the movie? That had me cracking up for a good 10 minutes. :D

Maradona
06-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Bender's Big Score was a feature length worthy story. Beast with a Billion Bucks felt like an episode. There wasn't anything in it that required more than 23 minutes. That said, it had some hilarious moments. While I don't feel cheated, I do feel disappointed. I bought it at Target and used the infamous coupon with it to get a clearanced Order 66 pack for only $1.98.

JediTricks
06-29-2008, 03:46 PM
By the way, for anyone else who has seen it so far, who else agrees that Bender fulfilling his deal with the Robot Devil was by far the best part of the movie? That had me cracking up for a good 10 minutes. :DThat was pretty funny, I kinda saw it coming but it paid off well enough. Can't go wrong with results though. lol

Nice finagling Maradona, but it's "billion backs", not "bucks". ;)

2-1B
06-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I scored 2 free copies during a giveaway at Wizard World Chicago but I gave them to friends since I never got into this show.

I will keep the free promo T-Shirt that I got, though.

JediTricks
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
I scored 2 free copies during a giveaway at Wizard World Chicago but I gave them to friends since I never got into this show.

I will keep the free promo T-Shirt that I got, though.
BOOOOO!!! I go to all the hard work of getting you renamed and this is the thanks you give me? ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I watched it yesterday. I liked it, but I agree that it seemed like a stretched-out episode. The extras are sort of underwhelming as well.

JetsAndHeels
07-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I watched it yesterday. I liked it, but I agree that it seemed like a stretched-out episode. The extras are sort of underwhelming as well.

This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but why in the blue hell is it $25 at Wal-Mart?

I bought mine at Target.

JediTricks
07-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Yeah, the extras are pretty flat. Even the commentary track is pretty weak. And thanks to the web, we've already seen the "lost episode". I hope Bender's Game is better, but I get the feeling their best efforts were used up in the 1st movie.

Maradona
07-03-2008, 08:20 AM
If I remember correctly from last year's SDCC panel, there are two movies left: Bender's Game and whatever follows it. After that, it's back to new episodes.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-03-2008, 01:08 PM
If I remember correctly from last year's SDCC panel, there are two movies left: Bender's Game and whatever follows it. After that, it's back to new episodes.
No, these DVD movies are the "new episodes." Comedy Central is showing each of the DVDs as four episodes. But there are indeed two more DVDs to come.

DarthQuack
07-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Yea...that's the part I don't really like, how they're just using these as episodes, give us some REAL episodes, back to good plots with plenty of innuendos.

JediTricks
07-04-2008, 04:00 PM
I'll take it any way I can get it at this point, but I really hope there are more episodes after the 4th movie. I suspect Comedy Central ain't getting much out of these though, they do horrible promotions for the show, they edit it to hell, and they barely put on the new eps - no way to make money.

General_Grievous
07-04-2008, 04:50 PM
I just got around to watching it today. I actually liked it a little bit better than "Bender's Big Score".

RooJay
07-09-2008, 03:14 AM
I really wish - and even expected - for Yivo to have been much more pervy/skeevy. I think it would have been much funnier if he was really just trying to get in the universe's pants rather than actually being in love with the universe. The story would have worked much better that way if you ask me. As it is, I think the whole thing just kind of falls apart a bit once we get to know Yivo. I do think that the rest of the movie is hilariously classic Futurama!

JediTricks
07-10-2008, 12:18 AM
They played up the Yivo is a pervert monster so bad in the marketing that the final delivery was a total flop, even when he DID start out as a horndog.

RooJay
07-10-2008, 01:40 AM
It almost feels like they had intended to go that way, but chickened out thinking that kids might actually see it. Now that the show is no longer on prime time television, I really wish they start being a little more risque. I'm betting that it would play much more successfully that way.

JediTricks
07-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Everybody was naked in the first movie, they commented on how much more they could get away with now thanks to the new deal, and then they go and pull this.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-17-2008, 03:04 PM
If I don't see at least three lesbian scenes between Leela and Amy in Bender's Game, then I'm out.

General_Grievous
07-17-2008, 04:28 PM
What made "Beast With A Billion Backs" worth it for me was the return of Pazuzu.

JediTricks
07-17-2008, 09:48 PM
I found that in a way good and in another way cheap.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2008, 09:49 PM
If I don't see at least three lesbian scenes between Leela and Amy in Bender's Game, then I'm out.
There's apparently at least one, actually . . .

Has anybody gotten this yet? Are there extras anywhere?

JediTricks
11-05-2008, 10:24 PM
DAGNABIT! I thought it was coming out next week! Stupid voting confused me. I'll pick it up tomorrow or Friday.

LTBasker
11-06-2008, 01:50 AM
I liked it better than Beast with a Billion Backs which I felt carried on way too long without a punchline, but all of the movies have somewhat disappointed me. Not because they're terrible, but rather because they just don't feel like they should be movies - especially Billion Backs. It really seems like the writers just can't adapt to such a long format and really makes me want half hour episodes even more.

That aside, like I said; I enjoyed this new one more than Billion Backs. Even though it took awhile for the title to really make any significance, it seemed more clever to me than the previous one. Although, it also had a few really bizarre random moments that just leave you wondering if someone slipped you some acid.

Kidhuman
11-06-2008, 05:21 AM
I didnt even know there was a new one out. Damn it.

DarthQuack
11-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Good news everyone!!!! I submitted a quiz and they made it into a Sporcle (http://www.sporcle.com/games/futurama.php) for me :) Enjoy!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Good news everyone!!!! I submitted a quiz and they made it into a Sporcle (http://www.sporcle.com/games/futurama.php) for me :) Enjoy!
Nice one! I missed a few. For the record, you may want to change Bender's name to Bender Bending Rodriguez. :D

JediTricks
11-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Very cool! Man, I had the hardest time coming up with Tinny Tim, Linda, and Smitty. I also couldn't spell LaBarbara correctly for a long time, spelled it like 6 different wrong ways. I was glad "Lurr" worked even though apparently it's "Lrrr".

JediTricks
11-12-2008, 10:55 PM
I picked up the DVD last week and watched it, along with some of the extras. The movie is better than "The Beast", but not in the same class as "Big Score". This movie feels like 4 episodes, lots of ideas flung about with a few major storylines and a lot of big shifts. They aren't being honest about the movie's main thrust, that doesn't get going until almost 2/3rds in. Except for diehards, this set feels like 4 episodes on a disk which is generally a "watch on TV, not buy", but support Futurama anyway because it's awesome, and you get 4 postcards as well.

Extras are only so-so, I can't think of any major highlights even.

Jargo
12-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Benders game. such an odd movie. i don't know about four parts but it's definitely like two longer episodes sandwiched together with a cruddy plot device. the whole thing seemed pretty forced and laboured. I didn't enjoy watching this at all. and i've sat through it twice with different viewing pals and they didn't enjoy it either despite being fans. the writing seems to be getting lamer and lamer.

JediTricks
12-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Ouch! Wow, that's a big reaction. Worse than Beast with a Billion Backs?

DarthQuack
12-04-2008, 04:57 AM
Nice one! I missed a few. For the record, you may want to change Bender's name to Bender Bending Rodriguez. :D

I actually did send in the correct name, they changed it on their own though :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-18-2009, 03:51 PM
So who's seen the final one? I watched it a while back. It was pretty good, but nowhere near as good as it should be. Bender's Big Score remains the best of the DVDs, unfortunately. The Fry-Leela relationship was weird here; after they essentially ignored it in the last two DVDs, it seemed to me like a "Christ, here we go again" thing more than anything else, and the ending was rushed. It just didn't feel as important as it should have. Now I really hope they do indeed get picked up for another season, as Billy West hinted recently.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 07:46 PM
I bought it a couple days after it came out, and was pretty disappointed. It's about on par with Bender's Game, so it's better than "Beast", but it's well below Bender's Big Score. It had a lot of feel of episode writing, cramming a vague thread into 4 episodes, and throwing a lot of gags out no matter if they worked or not. Very little in the way of actual storyline, and what's there doesn't deliver on its message or sci-fi credibility as well as the writers expected it to. If this was the end, it was a wimper, but not a failure, just not a big deal.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Collider (http://www.collider.com/2009/06/07/exclusive-comedy-central-goes-back-to-the-futurama/) is saying that a source tipped them to the fact that Comedy Central has ordered 13 more episodes of Futurama.

Exclusive: Comedy Central Goes Back to the FUTURAMA
by Cal Kemp

Good news everybody! An inside source has revealed exclusively to Collider that “Futurama” has been given a 13 episode order by Comedy Central. Though still technically a rumor at this point, word is that “Futurama” production offices have already opened and that casting is about to move forward.

This should be a welcome surprise to fans of the show who have already gone through the series’ cancellation and resurrection as direct-to-DVD movies.

Look for official word in the very near future. Though animation has a big lead time, I would guess on some kind of “Futurama” presence at Comic Con next month.
Hopefully this is true, and the episodes can match the quality of the original series.

Ji'dai
06-08-2009, 05:17 PM
production offices have already opened and that casting is about to move forward Hopefully Shia LaBeouf is cast as one of the main characters. He's such a great actor. Better yet, maybe he could voice all the roles!

DarthQuack
06-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Hopefully Shia LaBeouf is cast as one of the main characters. He's such a great actor. Better yet, maybe he could voice all the roles!

I hope you're joking for one......there shouldn't be any casting....just keep the same voice actors, why would they do any different?

Ji'dai
06-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Shia would make a good Dr. Farnsworth! Or at least Bender.

DarthQuack
06-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I hope you burn in hell for your thoughts. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Shia should play Fry in a live-action movie!

And Variety is says Comedy Central has picked up 26 episodes, not 13.
I lost the link, but it's on slashfilm.com.

JediTricks
06-09-2009, 10:37 PM
That is good news!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Yup, it's now official (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/its-official-futurama-returns.html). Awesome!

It's official: 'Futurama' is reborn!

Holy Bender Bending Rodríguez!

Six years after getting axed by Fox, Futurama is being resurrected on Comedy Central.

A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox Television confirms that the cable net has ordered 26 new episodes of Matt Groening and David X. Cohen's late, great animated series to air beginning in 2010. The studio cites Futurama's "blockbuster" performance on DVD and in reruns on Comedy Central as the reason for its rebirth.

Hmmm... sound familiar?

"When we brought back Family Guy several years ago, everyone said that it was a once in a lifetime thing -- that canceled series stay canceled and cannot be revived," 20th Century Fox TV Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden said in a joint statement. "But Futurama was another series that fans simply demanded we bring back, and we couldn’t have been happier when Matt and David agreed that there were many more stories yet to tell."

Adds Groening: "We’re thrilled Futurama is coming back. We now have only 25,766 episodes to make before we catch up with Bender and Fry in the year 3000."

El Chuxter
06-10-2009, 01:46 PM
**** yeah!!!!!!!!

JediTricks
06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Now that is good-- wait, I said that already.

Awesome. I still wonder what the hell Comedy Central is thinking, they barely promote the show, and it feels like the wrong venue, but hey, I will support the crap out of them for this move.

RooJay
06-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Now all we gots to do is convince Comedy central to bring back Arrested Development, and we're all set!

JediTricks
06-11-2009, 02:50 AM
Now all we gots to do is convince Comedy central to bring back Arrested Development, and we're all set!
YEAH BUDDY! That would be a perfect series for CC too.

DarthQuack
07-03-2009, 11:53 AM
More details about the upcoming box set.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Futurama-Bender-Head-Complete-Collection/12235

Ji'dai
07-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I've already got them all on DVD. I'm not going to pay $200 for a head with no body.

JediTricks
07-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Ouch, $200 is out of my league. Plus, the packaging is inaccurate now that the show has been zombified, there's nothing "complete" about it. But that is one nifty Bender head collectible tin.

RooJay
07-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Looks cool to me, but I won't be able to justify the price especially considering that I already own all of the previous releases. If it ever gets cleared out for a decent price, though...

El Chuxter
07-07-2009, 09:13 AM
It does look sweet, but, given how often the sets go on sale, isn't it way overpriced?

DarthQuack
07-17-2009, 06:43 PM
http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2009/07/is-fox-planning-to-recast-futurama.html

This better not be true.:upset::upset::upset::upset:

I will not watch ever again if this is the case.

LTBasker
07-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Welp, if that happens then I'm definitely not watching it. Their voices have become iconic, and it couldn't be the same in anyway without them. If they need funds for the expense, then cancel the Simpsons already.

Ji'dai
07-17-2009, 10:31 PM
I was wondering what the source of that horrendous reek I was picking up on my Smell-O-Scope when I pointed it out west. It's all the ****-for-brains at FOX.

RooJay
07-18-2009, 01:49 AM
I will kick Fox in the collective nuts.

Maradona
07-18-2009, 01:51 AM
I wonder if this is not just a publicity stunt of some sort. If you read the Comic Con schedule for Saturday, the Futurama panel has a curious theme. Given that the previous relaunch began at SDCC, maybe this one will also.

Kidhuman
07-18-2009, 12:14 PM
I wont watch

JediTricks
07-18-2009, 12:45 PM
It sounds like an intentional hoax to me. Yes, they hired a casting director when they announced the return, but unless 20th Century Fox has taken control of the show away from Groening and Cohen, there's no way this show would ever recast their main characters like that. My guess is they're going to take clips of sound-alikes and use it as a promotions tool, showing why only the original is good enough.

That said, if any of those actors are recast, I'm not inclined to watch any project by Groening or Cohen in the future if they are involved in that. It would be a level of disrespect too high to comprehend.

I highly doubt Fox would pay for a SDCC panel and transport for all their main cast just to give everybody the finger.

DarthQuack
07-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Looks like the voice-actors have been uninvited to the con....

http://news.toonzone.net/articles/30489/updated-futurama-voice-cast-may-not-return-for-new-episodes-in-2010

This better be some BS. I will be hate FOX forever if they pull this s&*t. :upset::upset::upset::upset:

Rocketboy
07-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Fox pulled the same recasting crap years ago with The Simpsons cast.
It was all a scare tactic for negotiations and probably is now.

Droid
07-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Way to make sure that your relaunch succeeds, fire those who made it successful!

Maradona
07-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Looks like sanity has prevailed:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/674841

RooJay
08-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Yes, good news, indeed!

Ji'dai
08-01-2009, 08:40 PM
No Shia Labeouf? :dis:

JediTricks
08-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for wrecking the Comic-Con panel, ya Fox jerks! Man was that a downer, they couldn't talk about it and they had to replace them with writers who weren't allowed to say all that much about the show. But at least it's done now, just in time to be too late.

El Chuxter
08-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I couldn't care less about the panel if the real deals are back.

JediTricks
08-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah, because YOU didn't wait 2.5 hours in line for the panel and had to sit through The Cleveland Show. :p

El Chuxter
08-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Cleveland's as bad as expected, then?

JediTricks
08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Lazily written and just a weak reflection of Family Guy. Cleveland is now just basically Peter, his son is now Chris, his new wife is another "hottie with a fat husband", his step-son reeks of a Stewie where the little kid talks above his level (in this case, he's a horndog, so he also fills the Quagmire quotient).

Rocketboy
08-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Lazily written and just a weak reflection of Family Guy. Trying out suck American Dad, eh?

JediTricks
08-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Trying out suck American Dad, eh?
BIG TIME.

I've added to my 'tar for the upcoming Futurama goodness.

Did I mention that this season Amy & Bender get married, we find out the secret origins of Scruffy, we learn that Zoidberg's one true friend is the Professor but the prof can't remember why (it's the reason Zoidberg is kept around there), and I didn't feel like using spoiler tags? No?

El Chuxter
08-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Amy and Bender get married? Is that a typo?

DarthQuack
08-14-2009, 04:40 PM
How dare you ruin new Futurama goodness for me!!

JediTricks
08-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Amy and Bender get married? Is that a typo?
That is NOT a typo. It deals with the issue of illegal robosexual marriage.

How dare you ruin new Futurama goodness for me!!I do it with a Bender evil laugh too! ;)

DarthQuack
03-20-2010, 10:19 AM
WE'RE BACK BABY!!!:thumbsup:

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/2010/03/18/new-futurama-teaser-trailer/

JediTricks
06-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Good news, everyone - Futurama's back... AGAIN! TONIGHT!!! If you don't watch it, you're a mutant-lover!

Bel-Cam Jos
06-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Will they do a Pouchie-esque buildup of hype? :recycle...totheextreme:

DarthQuack
06-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Really excited for this show to be back on the air....IMO one of my favorite shows with plenty of re-watchability. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Quite funny; welcome back. And it was great that there were no references to them returning to TV in the show itself... :rolleyes: I liked Zapp's "gggggnnnnn..." lead-in for each reveal.

DarthQuack
06-25-2010, 11:31 AM
I enjoyed it as well. Very happy to have it back......Didn't like the fact that Leela and Zapp had to get busy at the end of the episode though....:(

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2010, 01:36 PM
......Didn't like the fact that Leela and Zapp had to get busy at the end of the episode though....:(Did they? Remember how Zapp faked his stories? Leela's much smarter than he. :pleased:

JediTricks
06-25-2010, 04:12 PM
2 cute episodes. Some art definitely felt less-than, and the writing hasn't entirely gelled for me yet, but it was good to have 2 new episodes and that were fun.

The first episode got needlessly convoluted, it felt like David Cohen knew he was going to want to jerk everybody around, and thus he did... extensively. The robot doubles thing felt old hat after the Kidnappster ep, but it was still adequate.

The second episode was ok, felt like a few too many ideas that were half-baked - like Zapp could really lift a log that Leela couldn't. The V'ger gag from ST:TMP didn't really pay off well and felt lost in the concept, and Chris Elliot definitely is a weird choice for the voice (worked in the creepy voyeuristic ending though).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I'll echo what seems to be the "enjoyable if not amazing" consensus. They were at least better than some of the weaker DVD movies, and it'll be great to have new episodes constantly.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Ah... love those satires of current technology. And I picked out Craig Ferguson's voice after one of the many replays of Leela's "curse" vid. :susan:

I seem to recall that one of the two epsiodes last week had a clip of Futurama in the ship-crashes-into-the-classic-cartoon-screen part of the opening. Anyone else notice that?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Ah... love those satires of current technology. And I picked out Craig Ferguson's voice after one of the many replays of Leela's "curse" vid. :susan:

I seem to recall that one of the two epsiodes last week had a clip of Futurama in the ship-crashes-into-the-classic-cartoon-screen part of the opening. Anyone else notice that?
They did that in the intro to Bender's Big Score . . . I don't think they did it again on the new episodes, but I could be wrong.

Last night's was pretty good - the satire was a bit obvious at times, but there was plenty of great stuff in there anyway.

JediTricks
07-03-2010, 01:51 AM
See, now that episode felt like a proper return. That episode wasn't perfect, but it was really good. I do miss the cartoon clips when the ship crashes though, and wonder if that's just Comedy Central trying to squeeze 10 more advertising seconds into their schedule.

I've been watching a lot of Late Late Show, so I also called Craig Ferguson as the boil (especially since he's the only fellow out there who still references Susan Boyle at all anymore :p).

DarthQuack
07-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Great episode Thursday night! I loved the eyephone 2 and the Susan Boil bits, they were excellent :)

JediTricks
07-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Apparently, Comedy Central has edited the word "eyePhone" out of the clips they have for the episode posted on their website. Classy yet again, CC.

El Chuxter
07-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Sadly, I have not seen any of these yet. Are they decent stand-alones, or do they need to be seen in order?

JediTricks
07-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Only the season premiere needs to be seen in any order, as it riffs off of the last DVD movie finale. The other 2 so far are stand-alone.

This episode was the first ep with Mom in it, and it seemed like Tress MacNeille wasn't quite getting Mom's voice right, then it started to get closer, then ramped up and by the time she took off the "Mom-suit-voice", it was clearly back to business as usual.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Was I surprised at how this one ended? Nope. Was it funny? Sometimes? Like when the robot "clunks" through the flower field? Yep. Did I like the episode? Sure.

JediTricks
07-09-2010, 03:10 PM
I really liked the episode last night. When they said at SDCC last year that Amy and Bender would hooking up, I figured it was a different gag, like Bender needing a sham marriage. This was a little odder, but some of the jokes killed hard enough to wake my neighbors when I laughed. Farnsworth's surprise at the end was so not surprising I had said it out loud 2 minutes prior, but the ep itself was still good. And Morbo had a line about Jim that I had to play 5 times over and over just to keep from yelling it myself.

Prop ∞ was almost certainly a nod to California's Prop 8 from 2 years ago, the anti-gay-marriage proposition (∞ is a sideways 8). They're doing a pretty good job staying current without it feeling forced.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2010, 09:31 PM
I liked the Modern Times homage. Roman numerals humor? It's the I IV me!

JediTricks
07-16-2010, 02:11 PM
This was a cute episode, but I feel like it needed another pass through the writers room, it didn't feel entirely gelled. That Futur-Roma thing was pretty funny right up to the Space Pope.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-26-2010, 05:34 PM
I forgot to comment on last week's Bender's mortality episode; does that mean something?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-31-2010, 04:53 PM
I watched this week's that I had recorded, and it had the last minute or so of the previous episode, with a detail I'd forgotten; so, Hermes has a history with Bender, eh?

This one, with the forward-only time machine, was alright. Interesting commentary on how the future COULD be (how would we handle an Eleanor Roosevelt-less world anyway?).

JediTricks
07-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Matt Groening said this last Thursday's episode with the time machine was possibly his favorite. I was a little underwhelmed just because I'm not convinced in the idea of time being cyclical, although it did amuse me the 3rd time through that everything was 10 feet lower. It was a nice episode with some good ideas and just felt a bit mechanical to me.

The professor could have killed Eleanor Roosevelt in the 1960s, look how long the greeting card took to reach Leela.

As for the Bender's mortality ep, that was the first thing I watched on the DVR when I got back from Comic-Con last week, and while I enjoyed it, the incredible obviousness of the big switch was just beating me about the head the whole time, making it feel quite forced. Not a bad ep, but I don't always dig when they try to shoehorn sentiment at us.

El Chuxter
07-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Not a bad ep, but I don't always dig when they try to shoehorn sentiment at us.

Like with Fry's dog?

JediTricks
08-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Like with Fry's dog?
That was their intention, but "Jurassic Bark" is genuinely touching where this was a shadow of that natural sentiment. They pulled off genuine sentiment with Fry's dog, and Fry's nephew, and Leela growing up with parental help, but here it was just hollow.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-13-2010, 08:50 PM
iFad? USB Today? Technology humor is always cool. Did anyone else think that the Prof's microbe-eating robots looked a lot like the Star Tours vehicle? This one was a nice episode, with a good bookend feel, where things matched up well with other parts of the show.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-20-2010, 07:06 PM
I really liked seeing who else they could bring in to "do the math" and get everyone's brain in the proper body (although, I thought they might give Zoidberg the shaft). This one was Kit Fisto grin-worthy throughout. :D

JediTricks
08-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Futurama writer Ken Keeler actually created that math theorem just for the show: http://theinfosphere.org/The_Prisoner_of_Benda#The_proof

That episode maybe wasn't "the best" Futurama of the season, but it got me to laugh the most by far!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-27-2010, 12:03 AM
The beginning of this one was one of the funniest I've seen in a long time: FOX humor, Comic-Con inside jokes, lame animation, Ewok bashing, mustache emotions. By the end, it was so-so, but like they say, it's not how you finish, it's how you start. Maybe...

Rocketboy
08-27-2010, 12:49 AM
By the end, it was so-so, but like they say, it's not how you finish, it's how you start.Sounds like what my wife says.

:yes:

JediTricks
08-27-2010, 01:27 PM
The beginning of this one was one of the funniest I've seen in a long time: FOX humor, Comic-Con inside jokes, lame animation, Ewok bashing, mustache emotions. By the end, it was so-so, but like they say, it's not how you finish, it's how you start. Maybe...
Unfortunately, they had given away the best parts of that episode at Comic-Con, both in a trailer with that first portion, and as an awesome Delivery-boy Man comic book. The episode did end sorta so-so, although it had some good jokes like "I'll have your popplers!" voiced by Katee "Starbuck" Sackhoff who did alright. Having a robot looking like Futurama art director, comic writer and regular panel host Bill Morrison was a good insider touch too.

The comic, I saved it until after the episode, and I'm really glad I did, as it was a version based on the final version in the ep, only better, as it had more content and a second ending. The cover is based on Action Comics #1 of course, but the first section is also based on the Superman origin story. There are lots of little comic touches inside, including a letters to the editor page with Fry as editor, and a pull-out-and-ruin-this-book mini-poster in the middle of our hero, and the very advertising page as seen in the show.

El Chuxter
11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
While the new shows were all top-notch, the Christmas special (I'm considering it not part of the regular season, as it was obviously non-canon) was rather dull.

I will admit, I was p***ed that Scruffy died, until everyone else did repeatedly, proving it was all carp.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-28-2011, 02:04 PM
New season resumed last week, and I finally got around to watching the 2 newest episodes. Pretty funny.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-30-2011, 11:44 PM
G-g-g-ghosts in this next episode (nah, just the regular kind).

JediTricks
07-17-2011, 02:33 PM
This season has been ok, but too many Bender-focused episodes already. Benderama, Ghost in the Machines, and Silence of the Clamps are all focused on Bender, even if he wasn't in the last one that much. That's almost every episode in the season thus far.

Neutopia was really weak, Benderama was pretty good, Ghost in the Machines was watchable, Law and Oracle was hilarious for the jokes rather than the story, it's the first one I've watched more than twice in the season - "Suuuuunny D commercial!" on the lightcycles was a crackup, and Schrodinger was terrific. Silence of the Clamps I'm going to watch again tonight, it had some good stuff going for it but felt a little thin. It was good to see another visit to the moon, and to the Crushinator. They even drew the friggin' Whalers on the Moon ride for the 3 frames it was in shot as they passed over Luna Park, that was awesome. Oh, and "Billy West" was an interesting joke, but didn't seem like a Futurama joke exactly.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2011, 10:22 AM
I haven't really had a yearning to post comments lately on the new episodes, but they've been pretty good (back in time to deal with Farnsworth's ancestor, hunting the white whale). One even had a "new" cartoon in the viewscreen that the ship crashes into (it looked CGI in its style, but I didn't recognize it at all).

El Chuxter
08-05-2011, 12:08 PM
British URL cracked me up. "Indubitably."

JediTricks
08-05-2011, 02:10 PM
I didn't recognize the cartoon in last week's credits either, it apparently was Zoich, the proposed mascot for the 2014 winter olympics, who was himself inspired by the Hypnotoad.

Yo Leela Leela and All the Presidents' Heads were both oddball episodes. I don't think Yo Leela Leela got away with anything, it was too straightforward and just not terribly inspired. The Presidents Heads one was a really out-there episode that I think got away with its rather off-tone writing by simply being incredibly cheeky.

Last night's episode, Mobius Dick, was awesomely outrageous. Everything got turned on its ear, and the number of pop-culture spacecraft was impressive. It wasn't a great episode, but it was a wild episode, and I enjoyed it as such.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed many more pop culture and word play references this season so far, than in previous ones. And there were quite a few first names used this time (John, Catherine, Hubert, etc.) than the usual last names for characters.

JediTricks
08-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Yeah, the writing this season has been somewhat lazier than usual, and is playing on familiarity to change dynamics as a gag. "Carol" as Mom's name all casually is an example of that.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Season finale is tonight; the commercial of them as various animation styles looks good.

JediTricks
09-09-2011, 02:51 PM
I really liked story 1 despite feeling like we had already gone there with the opening to one of the DVD movies.

I LOVED story 2, that was among my favorite Futurama things of all time, they nailed the 8-bit video gamer thing to a T.

I didn't dig story 3 all that much, the art wasn't "there", they literally stole the Voltron theme, and the story itself was just soft. I did laugh at the mismatched locations gag, and there was some funny stuff in there (the professor's voice) and they nailed the translated cartoons of the '70s and '80s when they went for the jokes, but they didn't always go for those jokes here, they went for cheaper laughs at times.

All in all though, I enjoyed it, and had the anime story not finished the episode, I probably would have enjoyed the whole experience more.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-25-2011, 09:17 AM
I realized I hadn't watched this one I'd recorded (should I say "taped," considering the time period homages). One of the best I've seen in the whole run: story-wise, animation-wise, interconnectedness-wise, inside joke-wise. Great one. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-29-2012, 02:12 PM
There's something awfully familiar about that year 3012 and its election, but I can't figure it out... maybe I need more/less free beer. And why was the head of Nixon channeling his inner Boss Nass spitting/jowl rumbling?

JediTricks
07-01-2012, 12:34 AM
These episodes have been good, but not quite standout yet. Nixon was infamous for jowl-swinging before Boss Nass existed, but how he can do so without a NECK is a little confusing. ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2012, 08:34 PM
I really liked the time travel birth in the election episode. Sadly, that probably IS the only thing that would please those kind of people. ;)

JediTricks
07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
I thought that was really cute, but then to turn the whole thing into a self-defeating paradox was a ripoff.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-11-2012, 09:55 AM
I have the newest one in my "To Do" list for the DVR; let's see if DirecTV and Viacom come to an agreement before then. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
08-01-2012, 11:45 PM
The last two were clearly silly, but I liked 'em. No logic, just farce. I think I preferred the Fry as a Neanderthal a litttle more than the Hermes the cyborg one.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-24-2012, 08:05 PM
These episodes have been good, but not quite standout yet.I would consider the recent Zoidberg at the casino episode one of the best in a long time. The Binks security, the "handmade" opening, all the pull-down charts. Funny.

JediTricks
08-30-2012, 10:03 PM
That handmade opening was fantastic, I played that 3 times in a row. Brilliant. The episode started strong and progressively got less good, but was still ok, I thought.

Then there were 2 episodes to close out the season last night, and both SUUUUUUCKED! Both were animal-themed and both had way too much Bender antics and were dark and unhappy but also unfunny despite trying WAY too hard.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
I thought the one-hour "episode" was/were decent (hate when shows do that; make it a full long one). Some funny parts, but not as great as the previous one. My DVR cut out the visual (but the sound continued) when Farnsworth commented on their uniforms in the store. Did I miss anything awesome over those 30-60 seconds?

JediTricks
09-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I thought the one-hour "episode" was/were decent (hate when shows do that; make it a full long one). Some funny parts, but not as great as the previous one. My DVR cut out the visual (but the sound continued) when Farnsworth commented on their uniforms in the store. Did I miss anything awesome over those 30-60 seconds?Ugh, that sucks! Try your On Demand or Hulu or something as there were a lot. Dune movie costumes, a 2001: A Space Odyssey Pan Am uniform, a Classic Trek red shirt, Zoidberg in Stormtrooper armor, Farnsworth in the Zardoz costume, and Leela as Barbarella.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I did see the Stormtrooper, Dune, and red Trek ones. I might avoid seeking out the Farnsworth choice, though; no animated nightmares for me! :eek:

Lord Malakite
04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
And Futurama is cancelled again. Comedy Central announced today that they are done with the show after the end of this season. The producers are looking at other stations to carry the show beyond this season, but it seems doubtful at the moment.

El Chuxter
04-22-2013, 01:50 PM
What does Comedy Central have that's better? Not counting TDS and Colbert, of course.

The network has forgotten that they're supposed to be funny. 99% of their shows are "edgy," but without the actual humor. South Park and Chapelle sorta gave them the wrong impression. Sure, those shows are (or were) edgy as hell, but they're funny. I watch something like Tosh.0 and only see the most compelling argument for euthanasia ever recorded.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Eh, I'd rather see it go out when it's still good than keep going long past when it should have stopped (Groening's other series springs to mind). I'll be honest, I haven't been quite as into these Comedy Central episodes as the first few seasons anyway. They've been good, but really nothing to compare with what's come before. Hopefully the last batch will contain some gems.

What does Comedy Central have that's better? Not counting TDS and Colbert, of course.

The network has forgotten that they're supposed to be funny. 99% of their shows are "edgy," but without the actual humor. South Park and Chapelle sorta gave them the wrong impression. Sure, those shows are (or were) edgy as hell, but they're funny. I watch something like Tosh.0 and only see the most compelling argument for euthanasia ever recorded.
Key and Peele are pretty hilarious (in numerous clips I've seen online) and Workaholics is funny more often than not. You're right that Tosh.0 is garbage, but the whole channel isn't that way.

El Chuxter
04-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I haven't watched those, but will try to at some point. I've just gotten so used to everything else on Comedy Central being awful.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Great CC shows (+ = no longer airing):
- Daily Show
- Colbert Report
- new Jeff Dunham/"Fluffy" specials
- Futurama +
- Chappelle's Show +
- Important Things +
- Win Ben Stein's Money +
- MST 3000 +
- uh...

Decent CC shows:
- Key & Peele
- occasional Roast of... specials
- Friday stand-up specials
- Battlebots +
- Reno 911! +
- Sarah Silverman Program +
- Upright Citizens Brigade +

Awful CC shows:
- ******* +
- *********** +
- ****** +
- etc.
(I won't dignify them by actually listing their titles)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Hmm. I was going to read your list, but I experienced cognitive dissonance when Jeff Dunham and Gabriel Iglesias were described as "great" and my brain refused to read any further. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
04-22-2013, 06:11 PM
I determine "great" by if I am made to laugh. Those two consistently do so, while others do not.
You are welcome! :D
;)

Bel-Cam Jos
06-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Couple more weeks to the first of the last (episode of season, respectively); Wed. June 19th.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-27-2013, 05:52 PM
The first two shows of the last year have been pretty funny, at least to me.

Oh, when I went to the state capitol in Utah, they had a statue of this guy. :goodnewseveryone: I provide a photo for you below, and you can read the base's description. Wha-aaah???

JediTricks
06-27-2013, 11:57 PM
Philo Farnsworth, pioneer of television technology and a named ancestor of my avatarsake.

I really liked 2D Flattop, the season premiere, but it felt like it ran out of gas once it got to the 2D part. The second one was a little better in that it used more characters, but definitely would have felt weak if it had been the premiere by itself.

Last night's T... the Terrestrial seemed like it had a lot of funny ideas but not solid execution of them, leaving it just "ok". Jrrr as a lad was interesting but they didn't touch on his prior connection to Fry at all.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Philo Farnsworth, pioneer of television technology and a named ancestor of my avatarsake.

Jrrr as a lad was interesting but they didn't touch on his prior connection to Fry at all.Maybe this episode was a "prequel," before they'd encountered.

JediTricks
06-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Maybe this episode was a "prequel," before they'd encountered.The episode where Fry met Jrrr was when Jrrr was a poppler, so that'd be a hell of complex prequel explanation. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
06-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Why do I want to play Wheel of Fortune now?

Pat Sajek: "I need three letters; two consonants and a vowel."
Me: "C... G... and I. I'll solve the puzzle: C.G.I. CAN FIX ANYTHING."
Pat: "Correct!"

:rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
07-04-2013, 02:03 PM
So far, the first three episodes of the final season have been pretty good. I totally missed how Bender's song was made "real." Liked the carbonite imagery.

JediTricks
07-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Last night's episode was the 4th episode of the season.

Bender took a photo of Silicon Red's guitar, then had a scientist go into that file from Bender's "folk singer" memory folder and create a wireframe that was then output to a 3D printer. They then forgot to disconnect Bender's folder from the 3D printer's wireless connection, so the 3D printer simply kept printing out working copies of the unique imagery in Bender's song. It was a bit of a stretch, but got by.

I was disappointed the carbonite gag at the beginning really didn't go anywhere towards the end, it was and then was over.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Last night's episode was the 4th episode of the season.

Bender took a photo of Silicon Red's guitar, then had a scientist go into that file from Bender's "folk singer" memory folder and create a wireframe that was then output to a 3D printer. They then forgot to disconnect Bender's folder from the 3D printer's wireless connection, so the 3D printer simply kept printing out working copies of the unique imagery in Bender's song. It was a bit of a stretch, but got by.

I was disappointed the carbonite gag at the beginning really didn't go anywhere towards the end, it was and then was over.Wait; what? Four? I'll bet there was a two half-hour shows day then, right? Grrr... I've seen Jrr's merit badge, the 2D world, and folk singer Bender. What's the subject (or title) of the "missing" episode?

I meant I missed it during the show, prior to them explaining it.

Yeah, I did expect more of it to return in the plot (perhaps how to stop Big Caboose's [correct name?] revenge), but it was still chuckle-worthy.

JediTricks
07-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Big Caboose, yeah, that was kinda funny in itself.

Oh, I get ya, the show didn't sell why these things were happening until they clearly explained it.

2D Blacktop was the premiere and it was immediately followed by Fry & Leela's Big Fling, where they go on a romantic getaway.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-05-2013, 04:49 PM
2D Blacktop was the premiere and it was immediately followed by Fry & Leela's Big Fling, where they go on a romantic getaway.Great; how am I gonna see a rerun of Futurama? They never have any of those on TV, nor available online.
(but thanks for the info)

JediTricks
07-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Great; how am I gonna see a rerun of Futurama? They never have any of those on TV, nor available online.
(but thanks for the info)Nope, never.

Never. No reruns.

Never.

It's on again at 2:59pm PDT tomorrow, check local listings for your provider.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Funniest Futurama I've ever seen, especially the first third. I cried while laughing; too many inside jokes to stop (one of their best parodies, IMVHO).

Bel-Cam Jos
07-24-2013, 10:00 PM
"Calculon 2.0" was okay, but seeing last week's rerun after it was still great!

JediTricks
07-27-2013, 12:56 PM
The Futurama & Friends saturday morning thing was brilliant. That's staying on my DVR for a while, that was a howl.

I haven't caught up to the current episode yet, probably later today.

Comic-Con showed elements from the 4th and possibly final series finale for Futurama. Act 1 was a table read with the cast, and they had more cast than ever, it was great - Tress MacNeille's first Comic-Con! Then they showed act 2 as a completed piece, and um... wow! I don't want to spoil anything, but act 3 better be a big reversal of fortunes to justify what they did, because what they did was insanely big and not a note one would want to go out on.

Lord Malakite
08-01-2013, 06:00 PM
So apparently Power Rangers, Dr. Who, Battlestar Galactica, Gigantor, Bill & Ted, The Iron Giant, Robocop, The Jetsons, Robot Wars and Star Wars exist in the same universe as Futurama. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
08-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Don't forget Lassie's exploits with the [gravity] well, too. I wondered if they'd laugh at Bender's "granny assie" larger size replacement rear.

JediTricks
08-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Loved all the references in that episode, nice screencaps. I wondered if you'd lock onto Alpha 5 being in there.

The actual episode was only ok. :p

Lord Malakite
08-05-2013, 01:55 AM
Loved all the references in that episode, nice screencaps. I wondered if you'd lock onto Alpha 5 being in there. Kind of hard to miss when it was plastered on nearly every Power Ranger message board and Saban's official Power Ranger facebook page. :D Supposedly Robby the Robot is somewhere in there as well.
Just for reference (and to satisfy a certain someone's love of lists ;)) here are all the robots that have been reported to be in the chop shop.

Junked Alpha Unit, most likely Alpha 5 (Power Rangers)
Junked "Good Robot" Bill (Bill & Ted)
Junked "Good Robot" Ted (Bill & Ted)
Severed Cyclon head (Battlestar Galactica)
Severed Iron Giant head (The Iron Giant)
Severed Gigantor head (Gigantor)
Junked Dalek (Dr. Who)
Junked Rosie the Robot (The Jetsons)
Junked Protocol Droid, most likely C-3PO (Star Wars)
Junked Mouse Droid (Star Wars)
Junked ED-209 (Robocop)
Junked Sergeant Bash (Robot Wars)
Severed Robby the Robot arm (Forbidden Planet & many, many other sci-fi movies/shows of the 1950s/1960s & beyond)

If you can find any more robots by all means add to the list. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Kind of hard to miss when it was plastered on nearly every Power Ranger message board and Saban's official Power Ranger facebook page. :D Supposedly Robby the Robot is somewhere in there as well.
Just for reference (and to satisfy a certain someone's love of lists ;)) here are all the robots that have been reported to be in the chop shop.

Junked Dalek (Dr. Who)
Junked ED-209 (Robocop)
Severed Robby the Robot arm (Forbidden Planet & many, many other sci-fi movies/shows of the 1950s/1960s & beyond)

If you can find any more robots by all means add to the list. :)Well, the salvage ship was named "Flotsam and Jetson," too.

Lists... LISTS :drool:

JediTricks
08-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I watched Futurama and Friends Saturday Morning Fun Pit again, holy crap that's a great episode. The Smurfs/Rainbow Brite/Strawberry Shortcake ripoff was solid funny, but the cutaways to the commercials were way authentic and hilarious. The GI Joe one was the weakest as a cartoon, but with Nixon editing I was howling.

Kind of hard to miss when it was plastered on nearly every Power Ranger message board and Saban's official Power Ranger facebook page. :D Supposedly Robby the Robot is somewhere in there as well.

Junked Dalek (Dr. Who)
Junked ED-209 (Robocop)

If you can find any more robots by all means add to the list. :)Nice list! I can't add to it anymore as I returned the DVR it was on for a newer model.

Well, the salvage ship was named "Flotsam and Jetson," too.

Lists... LISTS :drool:Ah yes, that's what the other Jetsons reference was.

DarthQuack
08-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I still need to play catch up a lot on this series. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
08-17-2013, 06:53 PM
They said you might cry with this episode; I didn't. But it was interesting to see how the very first episode fit in.

How many shows are left in the :cry: series?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-22-2013, 07:27 PM
How many shows are left in the :cry: series?The promos say 3 (but did that include yesterday's, or 3 from now on?).

I liked the "team building" plot. Simple, but funny.

sith_killer_99
08-22-2013, 09:29 PM
They REALLY pushed the envelope on this one, almost to the point of annoyance, but I loved the ending!

Bel-Cam Jos
09-05-2013, 07:03 PM
I think the way the series ended with yesterday's final episode was probably perfect. Especially after seeing the very first episode (weird character voices :rolleyes: ) rerun right after it ended.

JediTricks
09-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Having seen a table read of act 1, and the completed cut of act 2, I went into this 4th series finale episode (Ken Keeler wrote all 4 series finales: The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings, Into the Wild Green Yonder, Overclockwise, and now Meanwhile) with preconceived notions and was pleasantly surprised that it zigged instead of zagged, and used a sweet little coda to leave it open-ended.