PDA

View Full Version : Animated Boba Fett

evenflow
03-20-2006, 09:23 PM
I am not a statue collector. Never have been and never thought I would be. I passed on the Clone Wars animated Statues, but saw this (as well as the Leia / R2) and could not pass it up. Amazing staue, I preordered mine already, I guess consider me a statue collector. Great work GG.

Jayspawn
03-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Welcome to statue collecting evenflow! The upcoming animated maquettes look great dont they? I'm definatly gonna get the Boba Fett and Leia & R2 maquettes.

Turbowars
03-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Depending if the $ is there at the right time I will get the OT cartoon Statues. I plan to say away from the Clone wars stuff, because there just too much to catch up with. I would have really like to get all the GG diorama sets like the Dewback and Speeder, but again too much to catch up with, well really too much $. The dewback is getting about $450 these day. The only thing to do is try to stay on top of these thing and not let one pass you by. I have been pretty good with the mini busts, I just need to get the new Yoda, AOTC & Silver 3PO and Silver Stormy and I would be pretty complete. I don't consider the armless ones part of the collection.

Captain Spoon
03-21-2006, 08:21 AM
I also have yet to buy any statues but that is about to change. If these stay in the $80-$100 range I'm in. Bring on Han and Chewie!!

jal
03-21-2006, 04:28 PM
The thing to remember with the maquettes are that they are smaller than Gentle Giant's regular line of statues.Most of the regular statues are at least 13" high whereas the maquettes are only 7.5" for females and 8.5" for the male characters. Boba Fett will be 8.5" high which compared to the Gentle Giant Darth Vader statue is comparatively small. But still very cool nonetheless. I would imagine the animated Vader will run closer to 10" high if they were to keep scale with the other maquettes. I will pick them all up though. They look very nice! I wonder if these are tidbits of whats to come in the upcoming animated series?

Reefer Shark
03-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Gentle Giant evenflow. I collect the busts, and some 1/6 scale statues. Great stuff!

Animated Fett, and Leia/R2 look awesome! ....but I'm going to have to pass on these. Just don't have enough space for the cool stuff that's coming out these days (not to mention the $$$). I actually started in on the clone wars maquettes (had the first 5), but I ended up selling them due to space issues.

Animated Vader on the other hand looks funny to me, he just doesn't look cool IMO. Funny thing is, if he looked good enough, he might have been the only one I bought.

BlueSnags
03-21-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm looking forward to the OT Maquettes more than anything else this year. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for these to get here.

Any of you SSGers interested in selling a CW Padme maquette? I have the others, just looking for her now.

Samuel Windu
03-24-2006, 04:12 AM
Must get it for sure:thumbsup:
Can't wait to see other OT characters in animated style:D

evenflow
03-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Like I said, I pre-ordered the Boba, and now have the Yoda and Greivous. Cant wait for the Leia :)

Jayspawn
03-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Yoda is my personal favorite.

BlueSnags
03-28-2006, 12:22 AM
Anyone seen the Clone Wars Padme Maquette lately at a half-decent price? Or want to sell one? Still need her to complete the set.

Turbowars
03-28-2006, 12:26 AM
If you sell your soul you could probably get one for a deal.:twisted:

Jayspawn
03-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Good luck on getting Padme bluesnag, she's the holy grail of Maquettes.

I really regret not getting one when I could. At one point I had a chance to get them ALL for $50 each and I passed. "D'oh!"

Hellboy
03-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Anyone seen the Clone Wars Padme Maquette lately at a half-decent price? Or want to sell one? Still need her to complete the set.

I'm afraid the days of finding this peice at a decent price are long gone Snags. Especially with the increased interest in the CW line and the Maquettes in general.

I remember last summer I was very hesitant to pull the trigger on mine because it was going to cost me just over $300 shipped but considering these now average around $700 I suppose it wasn't such a bad investment. I don't see myself ever selling her though. Shes actually my favorite in the line thus far.

Oh yeah, the upcoming Boba looks incredible too. :thumbsup: Very cool that GG decided to expand the animated line to cover the OT. :pleased:

BlueSnags
03-28-2006, 08:54 PM
If anyone sees one for $600 or below, please PM me.:cry:

Hellboy
03-28-2006, 09:10 PM
I'll keep a lookout for you Snags. :)

Theres a BIN listed for $999.99 on eBay right now. :hurt: lol

Jayspawn
11-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Well the Boba Maquette seems to be showing up places. Theres a bunch on Ebay showing In Stock.

BlueSnags
11-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Picked up the Boba maquette at my local comic shop last week, and picked up the Leia/Artoo maquette at the same store this week! I'm in Gentle Giant heaven right now!:razz:

Jayspawn
11-01-2006, 09:51 PM
Ooohhh I need a fix!

BlueSnags
11-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Ooohhh I need a fix!

Here's a few pix I took.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/Picture031.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/Picture014.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/Picture013.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h258/bluesnaggletooth/picture025.jpg

Jayspawn
11-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks BlueSnags! I needed that until mine arrive. I like that last shot :D

Ohhh, and you have a Padme too! Looks great with the character key. I actually dont own many Clone Wars items (which suprises me), but I'm working on it.