PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars TV Show About Luke Skywalker - debuts 2008

BanthaPoodoo
03-21-2006, 02:00 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4808746.stm

Star Wars series to run and run

The TV series spin-off of the Stars Wars film franchise will run to at least 100 episodes, according to producer Rick McCallum.

He told BBC Radio 1 the writing team would soon be meeting to start on the project, which would begin filming in 2008 and be ready the same year.

"Hopefully if we can make it work and everybody's excited and watches it we will keep on going," said McCallum.

The series will be set between episodes three and four of the film saga.

It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers.

McCallum said there would be "a whole bunch of new characters" and the series would be "much more dramatic and darker".

Huge franchise

He added that it was unlikely any of the stars of the movies would be involved in the TV series.

Star Wars creator George Lucas has just completed writing the script for the next Indiana Jones film and will then begin work on Red Tails, about African-American pilots in World War II.

Following completion of that film, work will begin on the Star Wars TV series.

There has already been a Star Wars series spin-off in the shape of the animated Clone Wars, which began as three-minute episodes before they were expanded to 30-minute shows.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, released in 2005, marked the end of the end of the Star Wars saga on the big screen.

It became the biggest film franchise in history, with the final film alone taking 500m at the box office outside of the US.

El Chuxter
03-21-2006, 02:10 PM
It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers.

Interesting. Note that it could be an oblique reference to that time period, not Luke's actual (presumably boring) life.

Also, only 18-19 years of the timeline from TPM to ROTS are unaccounted for onscreen. :confused:

JimJamBonds
03-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Well I guess this is good news, although I'm not so sure if I want to watch the "Young Luke Skywalker Story."

2-1B
03-21-2006, 02:16 PM
If it's about Luke it won't last long, how many Boonta Eve races in his T-16 can we watch ? lol

I think (hope) that you're right about it being a reference to the time period, Chux. :)

Did G Lu write the script for Indy Quad ? I doubt it, I think that's a generalization as well. :confused: They probably mean that he's overseeing the finishing of it since he is the Exec Producer.

JimJamBonds
03-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Did G Lu write the script for Indy Quad ? I doubt it, I think that's a generalization as well. :confused: They probably mean that he's overseeing the finishing of it since he is the Exec Producer.

I read that somebody else wrote the script (I don't remember who) and then G Lu 'tweeked' it, El Spielbego and Harrison will do the same.

Patient Zero
03-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Well I guess this is good news, although I'm not so sure if I want to watch the "Young Luke Skywalker Story."

Day 2,092

Dear Diary,
I made a sand angel today and a sand castle, but the space cats keep cr@pping in my accomplishments. I really hate all this sand. Some day I'm going to get off this rock.

Day 2,578

Dear Diary,
I can't take it any more! There's sand everywhere! I think I'm going to kill myself. (This is the teen drama episode.)

Day 2,789

Dear Diary,
More sand....

Kidhuman
03-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Maybe him Wedge and the others are some sort of A-Team saving Tatooine from disaster.

El Chuxter
03-21-2006, 03:40 PM
If that's the case, maybe he'll bump his shin at the end of the credits and say "Ow, ow, ow" over and over until it stops being funny, then long enough to make it funny again. lol

decadentdave
03-21-2006, 03:51 PM
This is exactly what I was afraid of... The Young Luke Skywalker Chronicles.

It's Smallville time for Star Wars. Ugh.

Rogue II
03-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Wasn't there a story on the main page a week or so ago that had the same quotes from McCallum? That article didn't have anything in it about Luke. I wonder if the BBC got the story straight.

If the show is about young Luke, they better hope PETA doesn't get wind of them bull's-eyeing womp rats in every episode. And how many trips per episode will we see Luke and Biggs take to Toshi Station? You can almost predict the storylines: Luke's run in with the Hutts, Luke's run in with the Sandpeople, Luke meets the Jawas, Luke steps in the bantha poo-doo. Maybe instead of "American Chopper", they can do "Tatooine Speeder", and tie it in with the SW Chopper line.

Patient Zero
03-21-2006, 03:58 PM
If that's the case, maybe he'll bump his shin at the end of the credits and say "Ow, ow, ow" over and over until it stops being funny, then long enough to make it funny again. lol

I think you've been watching too much Family Guy.:lipsrseal

Rogue II
03-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Ok, here is the news article I was thinking of: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32278

Here is the full article. No mention of Young Luke. It specifically says all new characters.

Exclusive: Star Wars And Indy IV
Rick McCallum on Lucasfilm's line-up

The big news is that George Lucas has approved an Indiana Jones IV script and returned it to Spielberg for more polishing, and that the Star Wars TV show is a go as Rick McCallum attended last night’s Sony Ericsson Empire Awards.

He was there because Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith was picking up Best Sci-Fi Film and Scene of the Year at last night’s Sony Ericsson Empire Awards, but he gave a few more tidbits on Lucasfilm’s next few projects.

First up, the Stars Wars TV series that we’ve been hearing about since Sith came out. “That’s not going to happen probably for another year and a half while we develop scripts and everything else. But it’s fantastic; we’ve got some incredible writers. It’s going to be much darker, much more character-based, and I think it’s going to be everything the fans always wanted the prequels to be. They’ll be one-hour episode. It takes place between Episodes III and IV. It’s going to be all-new characters, maybe a few bounty hunters in there to start the series off.”

But where does this leave Lucas’s long-cherished World War II fighter pilots film Red Tails? Or, for that matter, a certain Dr Jones?

“We’re working on Red Tails right now. George is writing the script as we speak. He’s just finished the Indiana Jones script, and Steven’s having that rewritten and a few things done. And then we start hopefully in October or November looking for another writer for Red Tails when George puts together his ideas of what he wants it to be. Then hopefully next year we’ll start on that.”

Red Tails and Indiana Jones IV and a Star Wars TV show all lined up and headed our way? Has Christmas come early? Let’s just hope that Spielberg gets sufficiently fired up over this latest script to give up on that year long holiday idea and make Indy IV already!

plasticfetish
03-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Quick things.

I've never heard any mention of the Luke thing. I'm pretty sure what El Chuxter said about it being "an oblique reference to that time period, not Luke's actual (presumably boring) life" is exactly correct.

So don't freak out. Over the next year there's bound to be lots of rumors and stories going around.

About the Indy script... months ago, they told Steve and I (at the Ep.III DVD press junket) that Lucas had just completed writing the script, and was about to hand it over to Spielberg. Also, that they'd been working on "Red Tails" -- interviewing old pilots and all of that. (So, no new news there either.)

2-1B
03-21-2006, 11:46 PM
So George did write it, eh ? Thanks for the info PF. I'm curious to see who gets the screenwriting credit on that one because I'm sure Spielberg will change things up...but will it be enough to impact the credit? I'm not exactly sure how the process works for writing credit.

DarkArtist
03-23-2006, 12:43 PM
If they do it up right, it might be an interesting series. We would be able to see the friendship between Luke and Biggs, stories involving some of the other characters is the book like Deak, Camie and Fixer. Plus perhaps we will see the long lost toshe station scenes.

I think the series should also involve Leia as she grows up in the Senate as the Princess Organa.

I am against the idea that Vader will not be in the series, I think the show will need Vader and perhaps more of the hunting down of the Jedi. A good launch would be a series of episodes based off the book : Dark Lord The Rise of Darth Vader. As far as having some of the films stars in the series, they could do one episode with Ewan and Liam at least, they did it with Harrison for the first Young Indy episode.

Also I would love to see the birth of the Rebellion and the Empire, possibly even a back story about Kyle Katarn. The Series could be a door that opens up the world of EU.

scruffziller
05-29-2006, 07:21 PM
It's Smallville time for Star Wars. Ugh.

They sure as heck better not have some trendy music soundtrack.:rolleyes:

I can hear it now............

REMY ZERO sings-

"SOMEBODY SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHH MEEEEE!!!!!"..............:D

TheDarthVader
05-30-2006, 02:08 PM
I am against the idea that Vader will not be in the series, I think the show will need Vader and perhaps more of the hunting down of the Jedi. A good launch would be a series of episodes based off the book : Dark Lord The Rise of Darth Vader.

You know it would be good if it included TheDarthVader. :D

I agree. I hope this tv series has more plot to it than just luke's life.

B.
TDV

Jargo
05-30-2006, 07:53 PM
The crazy adventures of Luke, Deak, Biggs, Windy, SK00-B-D00, Camie and Fixer. Speeding around in a souped up multi-person transport speeder they solve mysteries like no other. Run into bounty hunters and many very similar looking villains, and save the day. "Why that's not old Gooner Hump the Aqualish trader from Mos Mospa, that's Mr. Greentree the pawnbroker from Toshi station!" "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you medling kids"

See the spills the thrills the chases and the all too present in-jokes on your TV in 2008. Don't miss it.

JediTricks
05-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Nothing more exciting than watching an 8-year-old get browbeaten every day into checking to see how the moisture harvest is coming along.

"Any moisture yet?"
"Um... nope."
"... How 'bout now?"

El Chuxter
05-30-2006, 11:48 PM
"You'd better find some moisture, or there'll be hell to pay. And don't go following crazy old Ben Kenobi on some damned fool crusade."

figrin bran
05-31-2006, 03:14 AM
"are jawa droid merchants ripping you off? tune into K-Mos at 11 for this exclusive report"

scruffziller
05-31-2006, 10:17 AM
"are jawa droid merchants ripping you off? tune into K-Mos at 11 for this exclusive report"

Heh, heh:D

JON9000
05-31-2006, 10:59 AM
I think most of you should face up to the reality that you are going to hate this show, because it may force you to think about things differently for the first time in 30 years, or because it will not include the subject matter you think it should, i.e. Vader running around blowing up Jedi.

Kinda like the prequels. Oops, did I say that?

Rocketboy
05-31-2006, 11:07 AM
I have zero expectations (and I really don't believe it'll be about Luke), so how can I be disappointed?

2-1B
05-31-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm with Rockhound up there. Zero expectations on any TV show so I'll see what happens. :)

IMO the best piece of SW TV ever was the Lego Revenge of the Brick thing...and that was a commercial. :crazed:

Jargo
05-31-2006, 03:07 PM
I think most people who get off on tv shows have zero expectations which is why they settle for so much crud. Zero expectation = absolute inertia. They say reach for the moon and you'll find yourself among the stars. This feels more like reach for the remote and you'll find yourself fallen and unable to get up. but oh deep joy there's half eaten pizza under the couch. all is not lost.

prequels? I know not of any prequel. Such things do not exist. Why next you'll be saying Greedo shoots first lollollollollollollollol.

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 07:05 PM
I think most of you should face up to the reality that you are going to hate this show, because it may force you to think about things differently for the first time in 30 years, or because it will not include the subject matter you think it should, i.e. Vader running around blowing up Jedi.

Kinda like the prequels. Oops, did I say that?Well, you didn't have to say they'd be garbage. lol

I have zero expectations (and I really don't believe it'll be about Luke), so how can I be disappointed?Rocketboy has stolen my thoughts! :eek: :D

JON9000
05-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Although I have to admit, running around blowing up Jedi is pretty fun, particularly in Battlefront II. I wonder what age Luke will be in the show?

Rocketboy
05-31-2006, 09:49 PM
I think most people who get off on tv shows have zero expectations which is why they settle for so much crud. Zero expectation = absolute inertia. They say reach for the moon and you'll find yourself among the stars. This feels more like reach for the remote and you'll find yourself fallen and unable to get up. but oh deep joy there's half eaten pizza under the couch. all is not lost.I don't settle for crud. I watch what I like and I like what I watch.

JediTricks
05-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I still don't think Luke will actually be in the show, they just said it'd take place in the time he's growing up.

Kidhuman
06-01-2006, 12:36 AM
I can see Luke being in some shows. If it makes it the full 100 episodes, you might see a lead in over the last few shows somehow. 100 epsidoes about Tatooine will be like watching Ishtar over and over. Fork to the eye please.

tagmac
06-01-2006, 01:25 AM
A story arc involving a young Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Dengar would be nice, with perhaps one episode where Han first meets up with Chewie. Maybe even toss in a little bit of his friendship with Lando. Doesn't have to be the whole series, just a few of the total episodes to add to the backstories of the characters, and keep fan interest alive.

El Chuxter
06-01-2006, 10:21 AM
If Dengar's in it, I nominated mabs to play him.

TheDarthVader
06-02-2006, 01:02 AM
I seriously doubt that this show is going to make it to 100 episodes.

B.
TDV

JediTricks
06-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Since Lucas is self-producing it, even if it gets bad ratings he will get it to however many eps he wants, even Mutant X ran for 3 seasons in syndication, and Andromeda went for 5 season in syndication.

Daz
06-03-2006, 02:43 PM
I'd say Lucas is rubbing his hands with glee at the merchandizing possibilties of this new series, he probably has thousands of artists workin 24/7 on millions of new droid & ship variations that he will cram into every frame of every episode. This and not his desire to have an entire series written before it airs is why we wont see this show till 2008. Rubbing himself with glee I tell ya:D

Jargo
06-03-2006, 04:25 PM
well if it does make 100 episodes it'll have done well and make schedulers more accepting if GL went did a show about the missing years between TPM and AOTC. Even a miniseries length story. That ten year jump really annoyed me. kinda negated any need for TPM at all. a brief exposition from Obi or Anakin at the start of AOTC could have worked just as well as that whole ambling shambling morass that was TPM.

So yeah, recall Hayden and Natalie and Ewan and do those ten years and ditch episode one. Perfect solution.

Devo
06-03-2006, 06:55 PM
That ten year jump really annoyed me. kinda negated any need for TPM at all. a brief exposition from Obi or Anakin at the start of AOTC could have worked just as well as that whole ambling shambling morass that was TPM.

Yep. It was annoyingly inconsistent with the timescale structure of the OT and it resulted in a total disconnect between the Anakin of Episode I and the Anakin of Episode II. They might aswell not be the same person - and hey they aren't. Its different actors playing one (unmasked) character. Never a good thing. Not to mention the cop out of leaving so much vital character stuff offscreen to merely be implied by the odd throwaway line. Worst decision that could possibly have been made. Off topic. Sorry I just couldn't resist.

2-1B
06-04-2006, 12:22 AM
So what would you guys call the do-over of The Phantom Menace and how many mini-series episodes would it be? :confused:

As long as it's called
Star Wars Episode I, Episode I: _________
followed by
Star Wars Episode I, Episode II: _________
and so forth...

Anyway, as you can see I don't really care what the subtitles are as long as they follow that numbering pattern. lol lol lol

Daz
06-04-2006, 06:05 AM
Caesar So what would you guys call the do-over of The Phantom Menace and how many mini-series episodes would it be? :confused:

As long as it's called
Star Wars Episode I, Episode I: _________
followed by
Star Wars Episode I, Episode II: _________
and so forth...

Anyway, as you can see I don't really care what the subtitles are as long as they follow that numbering pattern. lol lol lol

How about the inevitable 2 part sweeps episode :
Star Wars Episode I, Episode I: part I, The Menace Revealed
Star Wars Episode I ,Episode I: part II, When Clones Attack !lol lol lol lol

Jargo
06-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I'd just call it star wars and give each episode a subtitle. maybe use some footage from TPM in holovid. discard the jar jar stuff and the midichlorians mumbo jumbo. Discard Maul for the most part besides mentioning that he slayed Qui-Gon. Introduce more Coruscant corruption, more intrigue, Use Dooku a bit more, make more sense of the separatists, Show the jedi trials, Make more of the way the jedi are actually revered across the galaxy in order that their fall from grace is all the more poignant.
Do something with the Hutts. They control the outer rim so we've been told so why not make something of that we got Jabba and Gardulla and spice smuggling, gambling, bounty hunters, so why not go there and explore that.
set the scene across the galaxy rather than concentrate on an annoying whiney kid and a cradle snatching do-gooder bimbo. I'm not saying completely ignore the central story but a small thread of that woven through a larger picture would make more of a prologue to me. I think it work just as well to start the anakin story from the point of having arrived and begun jedi training. if part of the training meant policing Coruscants underbelly then that in itself would be far more interesting in terms of story and character development than that whole slow drag through TPM.

in fact it should even be possible to still have TPM work in the story arc but also be detachable and have a prequel era tv show form the beginning if you wanted to start from there. All it needs is careful writing. Lord knows there's enough writers out there capable of taking on the task.

JediTricks
06-04-2006, 05:59 PM
well if it does make 100 episodes it'll have done well and make schedulers more accepting if GL went did a show about the missing years between TPM and AOTC. Even a miniseries length story. That ten year jump really annoyed me. kinda negated any need for TPM at all. a brief exposition from Obi or Anakin at the start of AOTC could have worked just as well as that whole ambling shambling morass that was TPM.

So yeah, recall Hayden and Natalie and Ewan and do those ten years and ditch episode one. Perfect solution.I don't think networks are yet trusting of Lucas, after the relatively underwhelming performance of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

TPM wasn't necessary, Lucas said that 20% of the prequels story takes place there and he had a hard time padding it out to the full length. Really, it's just "Obi-Wan finds and decides to train Anakin" and "Palpatine made chancellor", both of which could be shown with 2 minutes of exposition dialogue in AOTC. I don't believe there's anything important to the larger Star Wars tale that takes place between TPM and AOTC, except the few months before AOTC which was covered by the Holonet News website Lucasfilm set up.

JimJamBonds
06-05-2006, 12:08 AM
TPM wasn't necessary, Lucas said that 20% of the prequels story takes place there and he had a hard time padding it out to the full length.

Not much happens in the first hour or so of ROTJ either for that matter.

Kidhuman
06-05-2006, 03:51 AM
Not much happens in the first hour or so of ROTJ either for that matter.

What are you talking about? It shows Luke heading down the dark side plus the resuce of Han and (at t hat time) introduces Jabba the Hutt

JimJamBonds
06-05-2006, 03:21 PM
What are you talking about? It shows Luke heading down the dark side plus the resuce of Han and (at t hat time) introduces Jabba the Hutt

Listen to the commentary Lucas even says he was just trying to fill up two hours worth of film. Why would we need to be introduced to Jabba? We meet him in E I and E IV???

Kidhuman
06-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Read, at that time in the parenttheseseseses.

JediTricks
06-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Not much happens in the first hour or so of ROTJ either for that matter.The first hour of ROTJ is mainly action filler meant to follow up on the ESB ending, as well as show Luke's new superpowers, and then finish up with Yoda's death and Luke's final determinations. It's an aside, but not an entirely unfair one in the serials scheme of things. The difference between that and TPM as filler is that TPM is supposed to be the first act and thus the foundation of the rest, ROTJ is working of off the foundation built by ANH and ESB, and finishes up those tales by the end - TPM just barely opens the door. It's not great, but ROTJ is different from TPM in that regard.

Listen to the commentary Lucas even says he was just trying to fill up two hours worth of film. Why would we need to be introduced to Jabba? We meet him in E I and E IV???That's what Lucas said about Ep 1 as well, and we were originally introduced to Jabba in ROTJ, you can make all the retcons you want but the movie was made BEFORE Jabba was seen anywhere else.

Warstar
06-05-2006, 09:49 PM
I'd like to see a Shadows of the Empire miniseries (which takes place between Empire and Jedi) with new actors playing all the old parts so they could then make TV shows beyond Jedi with the new actors playing the old parts. Of course, this is lunacy talking, which is why it's in very small print...:D

plasticfetish
06-05-2006, 10:30 PM
I heard that it's gonna be called "Star Wars Babies" and that it follows the exploits of all of our favorite Star Wars characters, but back when they were rambunctious toddlers who traveled the galaxy looking for adventure.

El Chuxter
06-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Maybe they can use their imaginations and see scenes from the Muppet movies. That'd be wizard.

plasticfetish
06-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Baby Chewbacca has a TV screen on his tummy, and when Luke uses the force, you can watch a Muppet short.

Jargo
06-06-2006, 10:43 AM
please don't. I can see an animated series like that in my head and it's scaring me. :(

JimJamBonds
06-06-2006, 10:46 AM
How about something along the lines of "Muppet Babies" but instead its SW characters... wouldn't that be great!!! :rolleyes:

2-1B
06-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah JimJam, it WOULD be great. :) So great in fact that PlasticFetish thought of it on the previous page. lollollol

I could go for a Baby Ackbar, that would be cute. They already have the baby Ewoks in ROTJ, so just port them over to this new show. :crazed:

Regarding ROTJ and Han's rescue, it was all vital to the storyline because without Han, Imperial Officer Wilhelm would have never been knocked over that railing with an explosive charge. :crazed:

JimJamBonds
06-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Yeah JimJam, it WOULD be great. :) So great in fact that PlasticFetish thought of it on the previous page. lollollol

Just goes to show that great minds think alike.

Droid
06-06-2006, 02:51 PM

Maybe I missed it the hundred or so times I've seen it, but when exactly in the first hour of Jedi does Luke "head down the dark side"? I don't seem to recall anything where Luke gave into the Dark Side except for a slight moment in the throne room before he cut off Vader's hand.

TheDarthVader
06-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Is Lucas really going to tweek Ep1?

Hey Caesar, Lucas should make five more Star Wars movies: Episodes 1 1/2, 2 1/2, 3 1/2, 4 1/2, and 5 1/2. :D :crazed:

Mad Slanted Powers
06-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Maybe I missed it the hundred or so times I've seen it, but when exactly in the first hour of Jedi does Luke "head down the dark side"? I don't seem to recall anything where Luke gave into the Dark Side except for a slight moment in the throne room before he cut off Vader's hand.
The only dark side type of thing I noticed was the force choke of the Gamorreans.

jjreason
06-27-2006, 08:45 PM
I think they're suggesting he flirted with the Dark Side when he took the Emperor's suggestion and attacked he and Vader. Luke DOES give in at that point, I don't really see how attacking them like that played any role in what happened during the battles outside, and down on Endor.

Unless you want to try and explain the tide turning in both battles being a result of the Emperor not being able to concentrate on influencing the whole thing.... but I don't subscribe to that philosophy.

El Chuxter
06-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah, look at the anger on Luke's face, especially when he cuts off Vader's arm. The moment he summons his saber to his hand, he gives in to fear and anger--the Dark Side. Thankfully, his love for his father wins out and saves them both from Palpatine.

DarkArtist
07-22-2006, 09:55 PM
didn't they say that at Comic Con there would be more info on the TV series like whose in the cast and what the storyline will be

Jargo
07-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I would mess my pants if somwhere along the way Lucas put in a tribe of six breasted fat woman with ugly faces and mad raggedy clothing. A tribe of Yarna lookeelikees. Who actually turn out to be healers. all serving a tribal leader that happens to be a Hutt. throw in some scantily clad Twi'Lek girls too and a hero moment, and bingo. Cinema scene multi-pack gold for hasbro. lol

bigbarada
07-24-2006, 03:05 AM
The minute a young Luke says "Yippee!" I'm changing the channel.:dead:

Jargo
07-24-2006, 07:24 AM
maybe it'll just be full of stormtroopers in 'gonzo' colour schemes.....

El Chuxter
07-24-2006, 08:19 AM
No. He said the cartoon was on track for a 2008 release, and the live action show would be on "by the end of the decade. Hey, it's already 2007. I mean 2006."

Jargo
07-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Ok so taking the tv show and thinking about current trends as far as Sci-Fi shows go. I would say take any loose ends from the prequels and run with those.

Imperial academy. Biggs talks about it in ANH, Luke wants to join. There's a lot of galaxy to govern and episodic missions could work. Think Space -Above and beyond and you generally get the feel on this one. only with clone/stormtroopers.

There's young Boba Fett, stranded on Geonosis in AOTC. Tatooine is close by, it's a short jump from the arena to Jabba's palace. Could Jabba have become Fett's mentor? or even patron. Is this why we now see him in ANH following Jabba around? he's in his thirties by that point. Another mission/adventure based show.

Young Luke and Leia. Both adventure seekers and risk takers. Luke i could take or Leave but Leia and her upbringing in the House of Organa with the undercurrent of rebellion and espionage sounds much more interesting. Luke's like could be dipped into, with his chums piloting skyhoppers, evading tusken raider attacks, but Leia witnessing the real birth of the rebellion with skirmishes and battles against imperial forces sounds like more fun. and also falls into a more episodic pattern.

Han Solo and Chewie. He was supposed to be about 12 or 14 in ROS. We know the pair have dealings with jabba. And that would provide an 'in' for the characters in the TV show. How does a Correllian kid end up smuggling for jabba? How does he end up partnered with a fugitive from the Imperial presense on Kashyyk? Introduce them later on in the shows run and make Han in his twenties.

Threepio and Artoo. Man I've seen enough of these two to last a lifetime. The odd glimpse would be enough for me.

Or take all of that and spread it out across the hundred episodes we're told this thing will run to. crossing to and fro across the galaxy in the same way the movies do.

I think it needs to be quite diverse in scope. cover lots of territory. But ultimately it needs to tie into the movies somehow. I can't see any point doing it otherwise. besides raking in merchandise profits. Or pushing TV Sci-Fi to new levels of CGI-ness.

El Chuxter
07-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Sadly, I think it's going to be like Babylon 5 or Firefly or Buffy or any of the other sci-fi/fantasy programs of recent memory. It will look like crap, have soap opera storylines and nonexistent acting, and will immediately gather a cult of rabid fans who, for some reason, complain about bad quality in sci-fi movies but never notice it on TV.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Sadly, I think it's going to be like Babylon 5 or Firefly or Buffy or any of the other sci-fi/fantasy programs of recent memory. It will look like crap, have soap opera storylines and nonexistent acting, and will immediately gather a cult of rabid fans who, for some reason, complain about bad quality in sci-fi movies but never notice it on TV.I never watched the other two, but I thought Firefly was pretty good.

Han Solo and Chewie. He was supposed to be about 12 or 14 in ROS. We know the pair have dealings with jabba. And that would provide an 'in' for the characters in the TV show. How does a Correllian kid end up smuggling for jabba? How does he end up partnered with a fugitive from the Imperial presense on Kashyyk? Introduce them later on in the shows run and make Han in his twenties. That's why I've always thought that the Han Solo trilogy by A.C. Crispin would make an excellent TV series. I really enjoyed those books, and thought it did a good job of tieing things in with the old Hans Solo and Lando novels, and the Nar Shaddaa elements from Dark Empire. Also, it did a good job of leading in to where we first meet Han and Chewie in ANH.

Imperial academy. Biggs talks about it in ANH, Luke wants to join. There's a lot of galaxy to govern and episodic missions could work. Think Space -Above and beyond and you generally get the feel on this one. only with clone/stormtroopers.I think this would work with the X-Wing series of books and comics as well. Though, I hope it would be better than what little I remember of the few episodes I saw of Space Above & Beyond. Maybe I only saw a couple episodes. I suppose it was okay, it just didn't hold my interest. Something with Star Wars characters would, especially if it was like the X-Wing novels. I liked those for the most part. The last one was a little weak.

I agree that stories of Leia on Alderaan would be good. I also agree that it would be good to spread the stories around. Some about Leia, some about Luke, some about Han & Chewie, some about Vader and the Empire. Incorporate bounty hunters and fugitive Jedi. Of course, if you spread things around too much, then it could become harder to follow each of the stories unless you put a bunch of these elements into each episode, but that could clutter up each episode.

JediTricks
07-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I can't believe Chux just dumped on Firefly and Babylon 5, that plus all his excuses he posted for Hasbro about their stupid SDCC joke no less... I think Chux has been replaced by an evil clone.

El Chuxter
07-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Not a clone, unfortunately. Honestly, though, I've not seen a sci-fi show that impressed me in the slightest since ST:TNG. I may not be a Trekkie by any stretch of the imagination, but the first two live-action Trek series were quite enjoyable.

But I would expect a Doombot to make such a mistake. :p

JediTricks
07-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Not a clone, unfortunately. Honestly, though, I've not seen a sci-fi show that impressed me in the slightest since ST:TNG. I may not be a Trekkie by any stretch of the imagination, but the first two live-action Trek series were quite enjoyable.

But I would expect a Doombot to make such a mistake. :pWhen was the last time you - well, the original you, not this evil clone who stole his memories - actually sat down and watched TNG? I love TNG, I grew up on TNG, but honestly, the show is sloppy and cheap by today's standards, not just seasons 1 and 2 which were pre-quality, but all of it, the writing and characterization is hamfisted and uneven, there's no real driving plot (which badly catches up with the series by season 7), very little creative leaps, the show was good but it's like Q suggested in the final episode, they only had little moments of real understanding beyond their limited realm, stuff like Data's dreaming and Borg individualism (which got ruined with Lore, sadly, though Krosus is still a cool name). DS9 was good sci-fi, B5 was good sci-fi (not season 5 or the TV-movies though), modern Dr Who is good sci-fi, Firefly was good sci-fi, SG1 and Atlantis have their moments. Andromeda was not good sci-fi, Mutant X was not good sci-fi, Sliders was rarely acceptable sci-fi, the X-files was questionable sci-fi, Voyager and Enterprise were not good sci-fi... these are all shows I've watched mind you, but am able to see the difference.

El Chuxter
07-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Okay, let me rephrase that: TNG was the last hard sci-fi show I saw that I liked. It's a tad cheesy around the edges, but that's what made the original show great. For its time, the special effects weren't bad. I never followed X-Files, but I liked it whenever I watched it. The emphasis there was more on Mulder and Scully and their adventures, not the special effects.

But, call me nuts, aside from Star Wars, a little Trek, Bradbury, Asimov, and superheroes, I've never been a big sci-fi fan, so maybe I'm not the best judge of it.

And Stargate sucks hard, BTW. An insult to the movie, which is what I fear the Star Wars show will be.

Rocketboy
07-29-2006, 10:29 PM
I wish the Star Wars series could be as good as Firefly.

That was the first time I thought a live-action Star Wars series could actually be awesome.

El Chuxter
07-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Well, Lucas is better than Whedon, so maybe. lol

Mad Slanted Powers
07-30-2006, 12:38 AM
I wish the Star Wars series could be as good as Firefly.

That was the first time I thought a live-action Star Wars series could actually be awesome.All the more reason why I think the Han Solo stories would work well. Flashing back to his youth working for those con artists, while seeing him walk the edge of right and wrong once out on his own. That was the thing about Firefly. Sometimes, the work they did was illegal, but Mal did have a bit of a conscience. Many similarities between him and Han Solo.

figrin bran
07-30-2006, 01:24 AM
Well, Lucas is better than Whedon, so maybe. lol

you mean pre prequel Lucas, right?

even in his worst drunken stupor, whedon could never write something as bad as "hold me ani, like you did at the lake on naboo...blah blah...you're making me go down a path i can't follow...you're breaking my heart..."

Blue2th
07-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Rick said it would be darker, more grittier. Maybe he's seeng the success of Battlestar Galactica, which is the first riveting Sci-Fi show in years. It is the number one show according to TV guide when it is on (the BSG event at SDCC was packed to the seams) It will be a "Dark time for the Rebellion" Edward James Olmos said "Season three will be darker than CNN" Though the new SW series probably won't be that way, I'm sure they are looking at the reasons for BSG's success.

Rocketboy
07-30-2006, 09:28 PM
That was the thing about Firefly. Sometimes, the work they did was illegal, but Mal did have a bit of a conscience. Many similarities between him and Han Solo.That was pretty much my only complaint with Firefly - Mal was too much like Han.

JediTricks
07-30-2006, 11:25 PM
But, call me nuts, aside from Star Wars, a little Trek, Bradbury, Asimov, and superheroes, I've never been a big sci-fi fan, so maybe I'm not the best judge of it.Could be, I just don't see how Asimov, Bradbury, and SW can be in the same sentence. :p

And Stargate sucks hard, BTW. An insult to the movie, which is what I fear the Star Wars show will be.Bah! That's a purist answer, I dig 'em both, the movie really wasn't going to go anywhere new, the show simply kicked the idea in the pants.

Jargo
07-31-2006, 09:06 PM
One thing it must have in my opinion is the same scene to scene transition wipes. wouldn't be star wars without those.

JediTricks
08-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah, transition wipes and classic OT music too will lend some much-needed Star Wars authority.

Blue2th
08-01-2006, 05:52 PM
"I have a bad feeling about this" in every episode toolol .......though maybe that's a little redundant.

figrin bran
08-01-2006, 11:25 PM
wilhelm screams in every episode!

Rocketboy
09-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Latest rumor - Edward Furlong in the new series?

Movieweb.com has some scoop on possible casting for the new Star Wars TV series coming down the pipe. As usual, take this with a grain of salt as nothing is official until it is announced by Lucasfilm.

Here's a snippet:

In a posting on TVGUIDE.COM, in section called "Ask Ausiello" in which writer Michael Ausiello fields questions from fans, we noticed the following Q&A.

Question: I ran into the wild Edward Furlong at IHOP in Hollywood and, when I asked what was next, he said, "Some CSI, and then maybe the Star Wars TV (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Force_Might_Be_With_Edward_Furlong_100116.asp# ) series, man." Is that right?

Ausiello: The CSI part is right - he'll guest star in CSI:NY's third episode - but that's the first I'm hearing about him possibly starring in the small-screen Star Wars.

There is still no word yet on whether or not Edward Furlong is going to be on the new Star Wars show, we will certainly post more information on it as it comes in.http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Force_Might_Be_With_Edward_Furlong_100116.asp

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Hmm, interesting. I wonder who he'd be? A young Dengar?

JimJamBonds
09-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Yikes I hope not!!!

jonthejedi
09-21-2006, 05:15 AM
He's out of jail...or was it rehab?

decadentdave
09-21-2006, 05:29 AM
And he's ****ed Nick Stahl stole his role in Terminator!

2-1B
09-21-2006, 07:00 AM
Eddie Furlong ?

Awesome, every doomed-from-the-start Star Wars TV series should have him.

El Chuxter
09-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Isn't that the same site that reported Gillian Anderson and Christopher Walken would be in Episode II?

JimJamBonds
09-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Isn't that the same site that reported Gillian Anderson and Christopher Walken would be in Episode II?

Awesome every Episode II should have them!

stillakid
09-21-2006, 11:18 AM
I read that somebody else wrote the script (I don't remember who) and then G Lu 'tweeked' it, El Spielbego and Harrison will do the same.

Frank Darabont wrote a draft at the request of Spielberg, but Lucas rejected it. GL is still playing the ego card because of the Darabont/Phantom Menace situation. So Lucas told his partners that he'd take a stab at it. We all saw what happened the last time GL wrote a screenplay (TPM :rolleyes: ) With that as a model, Indy IV should make a great video game. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
07-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Some new info on the live-action series from Rick McSmithers at Celebration Europe.

McCallum then explained that how he and Lucas were interviewing writers for the upcoming live-action Star Wars TV series. The interview process would be finished by September and during the last three months of 2007 the story outlines would begin to take shape. Though he would not reveal any new information about the plots or characters McCallum did say that he was looking forward to working on them because they would be much darker than the movies, character-based and written for adults. The big shocker was that Lucas now planned on making 400 episodes!

Four hundred Star Wars TV shows - really?
*Laughs* Yes! McCallum said that there was a possibility that the live-action show would be several different series, each telling a different story.

Why not use the authors and writers of the Star Wars books and comics for the live-action TV series?
Yes, they will be looked at as part of the final process in September. (This got a big cheer from the audience.)

Will the live-action series be shot in Sydney, Australia?
Yes, and casting would begin in June, 2008.

plasticfetish
07-16-2007, 03:28 AM
Why not use the authors and writers of the Star Wars books and comics for the live-action TV series?Errr... why not just hire some people that know how to write a good TV script instead? :rolleyes:

Unless we're talking about the person that wrote this book...

El Chuxter
07-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Why not hire Slicker's Mom?

plasticfetish
07-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Why not hire Slicker's Mom?Awesome every show should have one!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Four hundred episodes? Jesus Christ! This show better be good.

JediTricks
07-16-2007, 11:59 PM
This thing is never gonna happen, or if it does, 13 eps at most. There's no way they can produce 400 hours of Star Wars, that'd be over 15 seasons' worth of show - none of it taking place with the main Star Wars movie elements. Even McCallum saying that makes me think this is all a smokescreen for something else, or a con job.

LTBasker
07-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Four hundred Star Wars TV shows - really?
*Laughs* Yes! McCallum said that there was a possibility that the live-action show would be several different series, each telling a different story.

Sooo, really it sounds like they have multiple series planned and the 400 count would be combined. Like, if you counted all the Star Trek episodes as one single ongoing series.

Maybe their goal is to compete with Star Trek...

El Chuxter
07-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Episode I: Luke Skywalker's alarm goes off. He hits the snooze button. He sleeps for ten more minutes, then Beru comes and tells him to get his butt out of bed.

Episode II: Luke Skywalker debates which tunic to wear.

Episode III: Luke has some Rice Krispies with blue milk.

Episode IV: Luke walks to the bus stop. He runs into Biggs on the way.

Episode V: Luke and Biggs realize they missed the bus. Much hilarity ensues.

(And so on, and so on.)

plasticfetish
07-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Even McCallum saying that makes me think this is all a smokescreen for something else, or a con job."Blue Harvest 2" perhaps?

JediTricks
07-18-2007, 02:57 AM
"Blue Harvest 2" perhaps?
Boredom Beyond Imagination? ;)

Mad Slanted Powers
07-18-2007, 03:10 AM
It's all a front so that they can secretly work on Episode VII. The cast and crew are being held captive so that there are no leaks.

plasticfetish
07-21-2007, 06:17 AM
It's all a front so that they can secretly work on Episode VII. The cast and crew are being held captive so that there are no leaks.Lucas would just do the whole film in CG to prevent leaks.

Now if only he could get a computer to write his scripts... or perhaps a smart monkey.

plasticfetish
08-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Is that the sound of crickets chirping in this thread???

Heaven forbid Lucas and Co. should do something to build a little interest and enthusiasm for this TV thing.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-10-2007, 07:51 PM
I guess at this point, it is still quite a ways off. They have the animated series and Force Unleashed to hype up before they hype up the live action show.

El Chuxter
09-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Looks like Lucasfilm has no idea what "strike while the iron is hot" means:

How is the live-action Star Wars TV show progressing?
It's been exciting because we've had the opportunity to meet over 200 writers. George and I had a fantastic time in England, where we met about 35 or 40 writers. We met a lot in the United States, a couple in Paris, Prague, and Budapest, and then we're off to Australia at the end of July. We're trying to get a group of about five or six people from all around the world. I'm hopefully going to start the writers' conferences later this year. It'll take about six months to get the scripts, so by about 2009 we hope to actually be shooting.
(From starwars.com (http://www.starwars.com/community/fanclub/mag/news20070907.html))

Ever notice how, every time anyone "in the know" says anything about this show, it seems to move back a year? Now McCallum's talking about starting filming "by about 2009 we hope."

Anyone want to bet this show is never actually going to materialize, and it's all a smokescreen to try to keep us interested in buying little plastic men?

:rolleyes:

2-1B
09-11-2007, 12:49 AM
I stopped buying little plastic men a few years ago but I'd still watch a TV show (even if it was Clone Wars volume III).

plasticfetish
09-11-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm actually surprised that they're being as optimistic as they are. 2009 isn't as far away as all that... not in terms of a big TV show.

They're in no hurry though. Obviously not hurting for money, and they're willing to take it easy to draw out the interest for as long as possible.

Yes... little plastic men...

El Chuxter
09-11-2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah, they're not hurting for money. But ROTS failed to save the prequels, and now the books and comics are eschewing storytelling for complete and total fan wank, and Hasbro is bound and determined to sink the action figure line within the next year, so I think they're overestimating the ability of a lot of once hardcore fans to stay interested.

I know I seem really damned negative lately, but it's getting tougher and tougher to be positive when talking about anything to do with Lucas.

2-1B
09-11-2007, 01:17 AM
I don't see the books, comics, or action figures as having much of anything to do with Lucas. And ROTS came out almost 2 and a half years ago, so get over it, Chux. :D

I would, however, buy boatloads of little plastic Teeks if they ever start whispers about that little bit of info. lol lol lol

plasticfetish
09-11-2007, 01:33 AM
so I think they're overestimating the ability of a lot of once hardcore fans to stay interested.I agree for the most part. They've taken a really weird approach to generating interest in their "big" future projects. Even with the video games... "Force Unleashed" in particular, which is supposed to be the next major Lucas project, hasn't had much to show for itself. Nothing at C4 and nothing at Comic-Con this year.

Same goes for the cartoon really, and for sure the mythical TV show.

I mean cr*p... my own kid is going to be too old for this stuff before they get around to producing it.

JediTricks
09-11-2007, 06:23 PM
It's a pipe dream just as it was in the '80s, Lucas likes the act of looking into doing these things more than actually producing a single 30th of a second of cinema.

plasticfetish
09-11-2007, 06:54 PM
...and guys like Rick still collect a check whether they're really producing anything or not.

JediTricks
09-12-2007, 05:07 PM
McCallum is going to ride that gravy train into death, I'm sure. "George, we should start production on another Indiana Jones series next. And who could we get to produce it? Oh, I know!"

2-1B
09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
The Rick has mouths to feed.

plasticfetish
09-12-2007, 10:17 PM
...and necks. (F**k if I ever get invited to another press event now.)

2-1B
09-12-2007, 11:09 PM
I doubt RMc reads these forums...and I won't tell him. :lipsrsealed:

JimJamBonds
09-12-2007, 11:23 PM
The Rick has mouths to feed.

I'll take Mousy off of his hands! :lipsrsealed:

2-1B
09-12-2007, 11:41 PM
I'll toast a jailtime brew to that. :thumbsup:

jonthejedi
09-19-2007, 04:20 AM
There is a one-page spread on Clone Wars(with 4 screen-shots) in the new TV Guide, plus an interview with GL. The Creator had this to say about the live action series: "It's set between {movie} Episodes 3 and 4, when the Empire has taken over," he says. "The Emperor and Darth Vader are heard about--but you never see them because it doesn't take place where they actually are. There are stormtroopers and all that, but no Jedis." Screenwriting begins next month.

Tycho
09-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Cool. George Lucas finally saw "Troops" after all these years, and he's decided to make a movie about them. :D

I remember there being guys in white armor in most of the Star Wars movies. Yeah. They were kind of cool.

Hey: wouldn't be awesome if they had a speederbike chase and Michael Bay directed it?

Rocketboy
10-16-2007, 07:48 PM
TFN (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Big_Time_Live_Action_Series_Rumors_109484.asp) posted a bunch of rumors, which I say are all bullsh*t because they haven't even hired writers yet.

OK, here we go: (remembering that the series will be set between Episodes III and IV)

1. Pod Races will be revisited as the series will try to take in and revisit a lot in the SW universe we have come to know and love through the movies.

2. One of the Pod Racers highlighted will be a character named Thall Joben, who you may, or may not, remember from the Droids animated series.

3. We will see Rebel bases, Star Destroyers, Imperial troops, officers, undercover operatives and much more...

4. Expect to see some EU tie-ins (horray!) An example being a Rebel General with the last name Durron. Could this be the father or family member of the future Kessel slave turned Jedi, Kyp Durron?

5. We will see a character named General Papanoida who could be the very same character that George Lucas played during the Opera House scenes in Revenge of the Sith, Barron Papanoida.

6. We will see some characters from the films such as Bib Fortuna and Oola, the poor, rancor eaten, beautiful dancing Twi'lek.

7. The Death Star plans should come into play.

8. The series will go into detail with the characters and what makes them tick. Not everyone is either good or bad.

9. Look for the tone to be that of the Original Trilogy but a bit edgier.

Well, I'm exhausted. Hopefully this brings some great discussion and speculation to tide us over for a while.

Thanks to Nathan T., Ryan P. and "Infra Man" for the heads up.

UPDATE: Two more bits of juicy information not seen in the Aintitcool.com (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34451) report from a very reliable, yet anonymous, source:

- They're casting for Boba Fett

- Most of the casting going on is for young actors and actresseswith the exception of a couple of middle aged actors

El Chuxter
10-16-2007, 08:07 PM
TFN posted unsubstantiated rumors that don't hold up to even the most basic of facts?

Really. I'm shocked.

stillakid
10-18-2007, 05:41 PM
TFN (http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Big_Time_Live_Action_Series_Rumors_109484.asp) posted a bunch of rumors, which I say are all bullsh*t because they haven't even hired writers yet.

While they may indeed be BS, the writers aren't necessarily the ones who would make the broader decisions listed in the post. Ideas, locations, names, etc. could all very well be coming from Lucas himself and writers will be hired to create the stories for all of those elements to exist in.

I know that Rick has been back and forth b/n Prague and Australia in the past few months as they scout for the "best" shooting locations. Work has definitely been underway for quite some time now.

2-1B
10-18-2007, 06:41 PM
not Rick, but rather The Rick.

Tycho
10-25-2007, 04:57 PM
not Rick, but rather The Rick.

Actually, the story could focus around a new character called Mick Rallum who makes documentaries for the Holonet News but is forced into making propoganda films for the evil Galactic Empire.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Actually, the story could focus around a new character called Mick Rallum who makes documentaries for the Holonet News but is forced into making propoganda films for the evil Galactic Empire.That's actually a pretty good idea. It would be interesting to see things from the perspective of people who think the Empire is just fine, not because they are evil, but because they aren't having problems and they believe all the Empire's propaganda.

stillakid
10-25-2007, 10:41 PM
That's actually a pretty good idea. It would be interesting to see things from the perspective of people who think the Empire is just fine, not because they are evil, but because they aren't having problems and they believe all the Empire's propaganda.

Good idea! The hero could be Rill O'Beilly who has a propaganda holonet show called the Nothing But Spin Hyperzone. The alien creatures could have natural protrusions coming from the side of their heads that only allow them to see straight forward and their poor out of focus eyesight only registers the "rose" color. Anyone who disagrees with their religious and political beliefs are labeled as ungalacticiotic.

I think it would be a big hit!

Tycho
11-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Then there is a new Sith apprentice upstart: Darth Coulter!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2007, 06:07 PM
More info, but again from TFN (http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Rick_McCallum_Talks_Star_Wars_On_TV_109774.asp), so who knows. Nothing too earth-shattering but an interesting read nonetheless.

jedibear
11-07-2007, 07:33 PM
This thread title is a little misleading ....nowhere in this latest story does it claim the series will be "about Luke Skywalker". In fact Lucas himself has been pretty public about the show NOT being about anyone in the Skywalker clan...
But anyway...it's cool hearing Boba fett may have his own story arc in it...and having seen some recent convention photos of Daniel Logan, it's safe to say that he is "growing into the part" quite well...he's got a bit of Temura Morrison to his look as he is maturing and, more importantly for a weekly series, nice visual "hunk" appeal...I think he'd be great!

As for Williams doing the score....a great idea, but not very practical...the man's gettin' up there in years and this show (at 100 hours) would be like scoring 50 movies! I can see him scoring the opening theme, some main character themes, perhaps the first episode and then his music being the "template" for other composers coming in and working off of though.

It was disappointing (but not surprising) to read that the CW animated show may be geared more towards a young saturday morning audience (but that was just RMc's comments)...I was hoping for a bit of an edge to it. Hopefully the live-action series will be more dark, intense and character-driven...please leave muppets, floppy ears and fart jokes at the door... :)

El Chuxter
11-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Six screen writers have been hired and will start work in November

Um... oops.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
I thought a lot of Lucas's stuff was non-union, though? I thought he had to give up his membership to the director's guild so he could have the SW credits at the end, and it was also why Gary Oldman couldn't play Grievous since he was in SAG or something similar.

Tycho
11-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Gary Oldman couldn't play Grievous because he wasn't a Cyborg.

That should be very obvious.

2-1B
11-08-2007, 12:06 AM
The voice, Tycho. The voice.

And yeah it was and is non-union, so the production shouldn't be delayed by any strikes.

Desfiy
12-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Any Idea when they are saying the TV Live Action Series will be ready if CW has been pushed back until late next year, are we likely to see both of them come out together or are we likely to get it the following year.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Any Idea when they are saying the TV Live Action Series will be ready if CW has been pushed back until late next year, are we likely to see both of them come out together or are we likely to get it the following year.

From what i've read, the CW comes first, and is coming along pretty good, but they have not named a network yet, which is a bad sign. If you have not heard by spring the net work this thing will be on go ahead and bank on the live action series being pushed back again...

plasticfetish
12-06-2007, 01:43 AM
From what i've read, the CW comes first, and is coming along pretty good, but they have not named a network yet, which is a bad sign. If you have not heard by spring the net work this thing will be on go ahead and bank on the live action series being pushed back again...As I understand it (unless the story (http://www.tvguide.com/news/lucas-wars-TV/070920-01) has changed recently), Lucas is producing 100 episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon. They had finished about 40 of them as of September, and were lookiing to put them on the air starting next fall, if they find a network to carry them.

I'd assume that the live action show will start ramping up a bit more once the cartoon has found a home, and we'll probably start hearing more about it in the next year.

JediTricks
12-07-2007, 11:45 PM
I bet Lucas will have to go syndicated with this if the nets don't pick it up. However, with this writer's strike, I bet he'll sell it fast once a full 13 eps are done.

plasticfetish
12-07-2007, 11:49 PM
I dunno... what do you think the chances are that he'll go to HBO or something at first?

JediTricks
12-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Very unlikely because he'll want a greater audience, especially that of kids - not that he's pandering to kids (I hope) but just that he feels they will best "get" what he's going for and can gain some understanding of classic mythos when fed through a new way of saying it.