PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Action Fleet versus the new Unleashed pack vehicles

Warstar
03-21-2006, 05:32 PM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85769AA

Anyone know how big this Snowspeeder will be? What mold will be used? It sort of looks like the Ultra Titanium Speeder but in plastic form.

If Hasbro continues to make Unleashed packs with vehicles it could get very interesting, as they could turn out to be all new sculpts that may very well be the best ones yet.

Thoughts? Comparisons? Etc.? :D

JimJamBonds
03-21-2006, 11:11 PM
At first glance those don't seem all that bad, although I like the big Unleashed figs better.

sergiurusu
03-22-2006, 04:54 AM
They look pretty interesting. I'm curious about their size too.

Slicker
03-22-2006, 10:06 AM
The snowspeeder is practically the same size as the AF one from days gone by. If you look in the photo gallery they have pics of this particular set from Toy Fair. It looks really good and I can't wait to see what other offerings they're gonna have.

Warstar
03-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Cool :) I dig the funky stand the Snowspeeder is shown on in the photo, too :p

JediTricks
03-22-2006, 07:54 PM
The Snowspeeder is based on the same ol' Action Fleet mold, dunno if they're even gonna make any changes.

El Chuxter
03-22-2006, 08:25 PM
I think the Action Fleet would win.

sergiurusu
03-23-2006, 07:39 AM
I think the Action Fleet would win.

Action Fleet usually wins:lipsrseal :thumbsup:

RobertDD
03-23-2006, 01:15 PM
So this is all going to be in one set? I don't know if Im happy about that. The scale of the figures is all wrong!

As an Action Fleet collector, will I buy this??? Really tough choice.

Warstar
03-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Hmm.

As a former AF collector, I'll only get the ships in these battle-packs if the paint job REALLY strikes me as good. As good as Hasbro can paint things nowadays there's a strong chance I might get a ship or two- that is, when I am not busy clamoring for cash to get the Titanium Ultra ships

I still expect them to re-release the Republic Gunship and the X-Wing Ultra Titaniums- possibly with cases instead of stands this time...

RobertDD
03-29-2006, 10:48 AM
I would not expect a re-release of the gunship and the x-wing, certainly not as they were released originally. They have no pilots or other figs and no new added features as compared to the original action fleet features and that is the direction the new titaniums are going (which is great and exciting and might just be the thing that makes these ultra's a hit instead of a miss)

I will wait and see what the unleashed battle pack will look like before I buy it, I guess. I'm a completist, AF wise (I believe I have every variation of every ship that was sold retail (unfort. there are still some AF's out there (podracers, amongst others) that I will never own unless Hasbro will finally mass produce them) and when AF was discontinued I just jumped over to the titanium ultra's), but this might just be where I draw the line.

sergiurusu
03-29-2006, 01:15 PM
I'd be mostly interested in the Hoth cannons and turrets