PDA

View Full Version : no figures

jedi67
03-22-2006, 10:31 AM
hi peeps i live in parkersburg west virginia and i was recently told by some wal-mart emplyees that they will not be selling any of the new saga figures.
because there is some kinda copy write legal issues goin on right now. does anyone know anything about that?:(

Kidhuman
03-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Thats a load of bull. I have bought many a Saga figure from WM this year, actually all of them and some for others. Dont believe they hype.

Slicker
03-22-2006, 11:03 AM
I've bought many and still see many Saga figs at WM. You should go back to the store and kick that employee right in the ding ding.

dindae
03-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Copyright will never be an issue with these figures since lucas owns the movies, all likeness, a large portion of Hasbro (or at least he did (http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/2974.shtml)), and virtually anything Star Wars related. Lucas is a merchandising juggernaut. I'm sure if retail stores somehow wanted to block him, he would just buy them out or create a new chain. He may not be the best director/writer but I will never doubt his ability to merchandise.

plasticfetish
03-22-2006, 12:48 PM
hi peeps i live in parkersburg west virginia and i was recently told by some wal-mart emplyees that they will not be selling any of the new saga figures. because there is some kinda copy write legal issues goin on right now. does anyone know anything about that?Yep, sounds like bad info. Wal*Mart has had some distribution problems, (which means "make up a story so that we don't have to admit that we have a distribution problem, because we're perfect") but it's been fixed now as far as I can tell.

I hit two different Wal*Marts over the weekend and they both had a pretty good, but small, spread of figures.

Dark Marble
03-22-2006, 01:09 PM
You know, I see posts like this all the time. Is this some type of Wal Mart or Target ploy to keep collectors from coming in and buying figures? Or are the employees of these stores that ignorant?

star junky
03-22-2006, 01:45 PM
I personally don't think they are ignorant, I think there is a conspiracy against Star Wars collector's in general. I look at the way the hot wheels crowd is treated at stores by employees and the way I'm treated when i ask a simple question like "could you scan the tag and see if any Star Wars figures are coming in" and get a response, and this is true and has happened to me more than once "we are going to stop selling those" which I know is not true, just an answer to PMO.

El Chuxter
03-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Because uninformed people who aren't paid enough to care about customer service usually don't.

But I have to ask: did this guy's nametag say "Hello, My Name Is Robin S Flantdig?"

Turbowars
03-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Because uninformed people who aren't paid enough to care about customer service usually don't.
There's no better answer to this issue than what you just said. Chuxter!

plasticfetish
03-22-2006, 08:15 PM
You know, I see posts like this all the time. Is this some type of Wal Mart or Target ploy to keep collectors from coming in and buying figures? Or are the employees of these stores that ignorant?Stories like, "there is some kinda copy write legal issues goin on right now" are told by employees who have no idea what's really goin' on right now, and they're too afraid to simply say, "I don't know." :neutral:

I think there is a conspiracy against Star Wars collector's in general.There's no conspiracy. If a collector wanders into the understaffed Target or Wal*Mart and pesters the poorly paid employee about toys, then they're bound to be labeled a problem. Even if you're not that collector, they'll begin to think of you and others as a potential problem. That's just the way it is. We've all had jobs, we've all had to deal with people that annoy us, and regardless of the professional face you're required to wear when dealing with them, we all know how much it sucks. Time to get real about this... I repeat... there is no conspiracy.

If you want something from the people that work in these stores, then do whatever you can to be friendly and to avoid seeming like a pain-in-the-a** toy collector stereotype. Be nice, make friends and don't expect miracles because these stores aren't heaven.

did this guy's nametag say "Hello, My Name Is Robin S Flantdig?"Huh? :confused:

jedi67
03-22-2006, 08:42 PM
hi peeps i live in parkersburg west virginia and i was recently told by some wal-mart emplyees that they will not be selling any of the new saga figures.
because there is some kinda copy write legal issues goin on right now. does anyone know anything about that?:( and thats not bad enough none of the other stores i.e k-mart and toys r us arent carrying any of the new saga figures either...some one please help

jjreason
03-22-2006, 08:47 PM

But I have to ask: did this guy's nametag say "Hello, My Name Is Robin S Flantdig?"

There's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

Kidhuman
03-23-2006, 01:34 AM
Originally Posted by El Chuxter
did this guy's nametag say "Hello, My Name Is Robin S Flantdig?"

I wonder is there is a relation

DarkArtist
03-23-2006, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't believe it. Walmart would be foolish to stop ordering Star Wars. Especially now with the UGH, collectors are going to be camping out on the doorsteps to be the first to get them.

Scackmgack
03-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Wal-Mart may still "officially" be carrying them, but their distribution is still all kinds of f'ed up. One Wal-Mart near me hasn't had a Star Wars figure of any kind on shelves for over a month, and another looks like it just got a single case in this weekend.

mikey1974
03-25-2006, 05:51 PM
yeah,things are messed up here too....we got maybe 1 case of the carkoon wave,then a s#!t-ton of hoth,and only 1 case of geonosis...and now the coruscant wave is starting to hit....beginning to believe i'll never be able to complete a set of all the 2006 figures...not through conventional means anyway....

Sith Lord 0498
03-25-2006, 07:54 PM
I wish I knew what was up with WM's distribution. In January, WM was the place to go around here for the newest Saga figures. Now...the shelves have been empty for weeks. Target's the place to go now. I still couldn't believe my eyes when the Coruscant wave showed up...it was stocked along with nearly a dozen more cases of figures from Carkoon to Coruscant!!! :thumbsup:

mikey1974
03-26-2006, 04:10 PM
YAY! wal-mart restocked today!......oh,S#!T! it's the hoth wave AGAIN! dammit,this is sickening already......i got someone sending me a uatapau trooper,but i'm convinced i'll never find scorch.....FYI,k-mart here had the geonosis wave,but only found 3 yoda's hanging around...this place is,without a doubt,a scalpers paradise....you can never find anything new here....

TheDarthVader
03-27-2006, 06:38 PM
I agree with mikey. I have made several stops at K MART and I have NEVER NEVER NEVER found not ONE single saga figure! What the hell is going on here? NOT ONE SAGA FIGURE! TEN STOPS OR MORE! ????????

B.
TDV

stad
03-29-2006, 11:48 PM
I agree with mikey. I have made several stops at K MART and I have NEVER NEVER NEVER found not ONE single saga figure! What the hell is going on here? NOT ONE SAGA FIGURE! TEN STOPS OR MORE! ????????

B.
TDV

That's easy to answer, they just haven't stocked any yet! The 3 K-Marts locally here, 1 of them just (this weekend) got in the make-up case Wave 2.5, and that's it. The other 2 stores have not had any, period. They do still have a few ROTS Bail Organa's and Padme's.

Slicker
03-30-2006, 12:17 AM

B.
TDVWell, now I'm gonna have to change things. Today I went to K-Mart and found the entire Coruscant wave. They had one of each figure hanging on the pegs and I got them all. It stung a little when they rang up at $7 apiece but I got them anyways.

dindae
03-30-2006, 12:41 AM
Well I went to my local K-mart and it looks like the they put out a few cases of the Darth Vader case with Obi and Darth pack ins. They are definatley the place to go if you are 8 months behind collecting.