PDA

View Full Version : AAT, Hailfire Droid, and Vader's Jedi/Sith Starfighter!

Battle Droid
03-23-2006, 04:06 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Whats_Next_For_Hasbro_97738.asp

pegger
03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Meh, meh, meh and meh.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-23-2006, 05:08 PM
They sure are rereleasing a lot of ships this year aren't they? I never got the AAT either time, so I'll be sure to do so this time. I already have the Hailfire Droid and don't really need another. We already knew about Vader's TIE, which I'll be sure to get, and the black Jedi Starfighter sounds sweet too (there's a picture in the New Essential Chronology). Hopefully these will come to fruition.

dindae
03-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Wow this sucks not a single bit of good news here.

No Endor Luke or Ender Rebel Trooper-I hate to hear possible new sculpts cut. Hopefully these will be included later on.
New Vader - whoopee I am completely happy with the vaders I have
AAT & Hallfire - got em the first time taking space of new vehicles
Vader starfigter - another fricking EIII starfighter give me a fricking break.Let's see there is still white, orange, blue, brown, periwinkle....

LTBasker
03-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Nope, Obi-Wan came with the blue Starfighter as a TRU exclusive. :p

I may end up getting the ATT and Hailfire Droid, I haven't been very concentrated on getting the Jedi Starfighters as I've only gotten Obi's red one but maybe I'll try to pick up the black one.

If Vader's TIE is in a cool window box like the OTC version I may pick that up.

jjreason
03-23-2006, 05:48 PM
This announcement is meaningless to me. I'm done with vehicles - I don't have close to enough space to display what I have already. I am sad to hear that they've dropped the Endor wave to 5 new figures, but on the other hand they're all figures I'm looking forward to. The new Vader might be fine, and it might not - big wait and see on that one. Me, I'm guessing it'll be a repack/repaint of the Saga Bespin Duel Vader with the reaching hand.

Captain Spoon
03-23-2006, 06:03 PM
They have the Vader Starfighter at SWshop.com/ It looks goofy, It's black with Yellow wings. It looks like a "GD" Bumblebee

Battle Droid
03-23-2006, 06:09 PM
That's Anakin's starfighter, this is Vader's.

http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/1/14/VadersActis.JPG

Bacta Beast
03-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Why would the Emperor have Vader flying the ships used by the group that he just outlawed?!! Don't get me wrong, I think a black Jedi Starfighter will look cool, but the notion of Vader flying around in one just doesn't float with me.

Regarding vehicles, I've read where someone explained that Lucas didn't really give enough screen time in these movies to justify producing the toys of them. Whatever the case, I really wish we would get an AT-TE and the clone fighter (I don't know the name). It seems to me the the clone fighter should be a no brainer for Hasbro. Wouldn't they think that kids and collector would buy a vehicle for their beloved clones. And maybe it didn't get alot of screen time, but we've gotten toys from characters and vehicles that have had just as little! C'mon Lego made one!!!!

decadentdave
03-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Yup, just as I predicted. Hasbro is killing the Star Wars line with endless repaints the same way they ran Batman into the ground. Good job Hasblo! :thumbsup:

Reefer Shark
03-23-2006, 09:06 PM
I'll get Vaders starfighter, I think it looks cool. :cool:

I'll pass on the other repacks though (unless they have completely different paint jobs) since I'm a loose collector w/vehicles, the new packaging won't make any difference to me.

Turbowars
03-23-2006, 09:55 PM
I'll probably get the Black Starfighter as well. I didn't buy many of these the 1st time and I not going to now.

Blackened88
03-24-2006, 10:27 PM
I'll get the AAT and Hailfire since i missed out on them the first time. Vaders starfighter im not sure about, when i see it then ill decide.

Sith Lord 0498
03-25-2006, 07:57 PM
If Vader's starfighter is the same as the black and gray one illustrated in the New Essential Chronology, I'll probably get it. I may also buy the Hailfire Droid again since I got rid of my old one and now regret it. My bad, y'know.

Kidhuman
03-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Hailfire was only released in the CW line right?

Sith Lord 0498
03-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Hailfire was only released in the CW line right?

That's correct. The Hailfire Droid, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (Clone Wars Volume 1 cartoon), and the Geonosian Starfighter were all exclusively released in the Clone Wars line.

Dark Marble
03-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't mind these repaints much, but I would like to see them give the jedi starfighters and the gunships a rest for a while. And I would kind of like to see the vehicle go away for a little bit and have hasbro concentrate on figures.

dindae
03-26-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't mind these repaints much, but I would like to see them give the jedi starfighters and the gunships a rest for a while. And I would kind of like to see the vehicle go away for a little bit and have hasbro concentrate on figures.

I certainly hope these ideas didn't take too much of Hasbro's consentration.;)

Hellboy
05-20-2006, 11:07 PM
I like the Hailfire and AAT repaints. I'll skip Vader's Starfighter though and I already have his TIE Fighter so I can pass that up as well. Entertainment Earth (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85196F#LargeImage) has pictures of all 4 vehicles.

JediTricks
05-21-2006, 02:20 PM
EE's photo of Vader's Sith Starfighter is fake, it says so on the individual item's listing:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87172
They just took a regular JSF toy's photo and turned it grayscale and darkened it. I think EE is doing the collector base a disservice by posting that picture, too many people think it's real and are not pleased even though Hasbro's likely will look entirely different.

Hmm, I wonder if a Darth Vader figure will even be able to fit in the cockpit of the JSF.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 04:59 PM
I'll probably get on board for a Darth Vader Sith Interceptor. The idea of a black color scheme sounds appealing. The Hailfire...I had it and sold it, but it was one of my more regrettable sales. I may buy it again.

mikey1974
05-24-2006, 09:25 AM
seen carded pics of the "bespin confession" vader....well,don't know who was smoking what at rebelscum,but it's NOT a new sculpt....the hasbro favorite 500th vader gets repacked AGAIN,now with 2 crates to throw at your luke figure....

Jargo
05-30-2006, 12:46 PM
I like the repaints on the vehicles. the clone wars halfire droid was always too garish for my tastes but this version looks way better and a lot more droid like. The AAT looks better too. I haven't even thought about buying a single vehicle in years but the black look on the jedi fighter is cool. Hopefully Hasbro won't do something cruddy with it like that clone wars podfighter thing they gave anakin. It actually feels weird to be tempted by something when i'm in the throes of unloading all my other collected stuff. It's been interesting sitting back waching the waves roll out and then looking back and picking out the best and most attractive figures. not buying just taking note.

And to me, having waited it out, the 500th vader with a couple of crates sounds more appealing than 500th vader in the original form, with that plastic meditation chamber wannabe thing round him. finally a repack that appeals to me.

kool-aid killer
05-30-2006, 12:58 PM
I ended up getting the repack Vader, and like Daddypants said, the thing that did it for me was the crates because they could be used in dioramas and whatnot. I dont want to financially, but i do think i will be getting both the AAT and Hailfire droid when they are released again. No to Vaders ship though, or at least for now...