PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a break?

pegger
03-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Hasbro - can we get a break from the Ep. 3 Jedi starfighter please? 6 in just over 1 year is a bit much.

If you are going to re-release a mold - use the cloud car.

Bacta Beast
03-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Hasbro!!! Give us the Cloud Car!!!!!!!!!!

DarthBrandon
03-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Or better yet, something new!!! for gods sake.

AT-TE (Must)
Sith Infilt (Must)
Rebel Blockade Runner (Tantive) (Must)
Turbo Tank
Cloud Car (Must)
Bigger Falcon (Done Right it would sell in high amounts)

Please make something new.:thumbsup:

trandoshan666
03-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Can we have a break from Darth Vader figures as well? I mean, I love the man in black, but come on.

stillakid
03-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Can we have a break from breaks? (Vortex forming)

Bacta Beast
03-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Can we have a break from Darth Vader figures as well? I mean, I love the man in black, but come on.

Y'know, the thing about that is I would gladyy take another couple "Evo" Vaders if they released him single carded. Imagine hte "Evo" Vader on a saga 2 card with a silver "Galatic Hunt" base (sorry but I love those bases)! However I don't want anymore of any of the other Vader sculpts as they're inferior to the Evolution version IMO.

But back to the point of the thread. I agree about the Jedi Starfighter being over done. However it wouldn't bother me so much if the were also putting out other vehicles we want along side it. I also wouldn't mind seeing Hasbro fix the landing gear problem! All four of my EIII starfighters, my A-Wings, and my Y-Wing have issues with the landing gear "collapsing".

pegger
03-26-2006, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a re-issued TIE Interceptor - with the new center peice. Why can't you re-release that?

DarthBrandon
03-26-2006, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a re-issued TIE Interceptor - with the new center peice. Why can't you re-release that?

Yeah that would be nice but I'd rather see one new ship each year, is it too much to ask for gods sake Hasbro. I mean how hard would it be to make an AT-TE, it's a box on legs just like the AT-AT. The sith infiltrator is just Vaders Tie that's twice the size with a long front end. One a year couldn't hurt, but alas I know it's pointless to even ask. No movie means no new ships, how is this line expected to go on for another 10 plus years?:tired:

I think not.:cry:

mtriv73
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
You could even make the AT-TE in scale with the republic gunship and sell a drop-ship variant of the gunship to bring it into battle.

Also hasbro, where are the figures? This is the second year in a row that you're not producing nearly enough to meet demand. The kiddies are going to start going to other toy-lines if they can't find anything on the shelves and more and more collectors are giving up out of frustration too.

jedi master sal
03-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Also hasbro, where are the figures? This is the second year in a row that you're not producing nearly enough to meet demand. The kiddies are going to start going to other toy-lines if they can't find anything on the shelves and more and more collectors are giving up out of frustration too.
And there in lies the biggest problem. Wave after wave has been coming out quicjly. Not even April yet and we're into the fourth wave. It's been great that there haven't been too many pegwarmers, but the lack of product is a bit disheartening.

It's a weird dichotomy. I like the fact that I'm not seeing pegwarmers, but my wallet is taking a pounding trying to keep up with the new product. I'll be honest though, I'd rather have this than have to wait month upon month with NO product or seeing pegs full of pegwarmers that keep new product from hiting store shelves.

This may sound strange, but I think Hasbro may have finally got things right. Or as close to right as they are going to get.

Really think about it. Who hear still has trouble finding the first two waves? Possibly only small chain Chewie is th HTF fig from either of those two waves. Scorch was the one for the third wave, but he seems to be a smidge easier now. The utapau clone early release drew a frenzy, but that's dying down now that he is 2 per case for the Coruscant wave. Sicne that wve has just tarted to hit, it may seem a little HTF certain figs, but they'll keep coming for a few more weeks, so we should all have a rack at the ones we want.

I'd like to see Hasbro string the wave releases out just a little longer, but at the possible cost of seeing pegwarmers...

Like I said it's a very strange dichotomy.

-Sal

JediTricks
03-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Possibly only small chain Chewie is th HTF fig from either of those two waves.What about Boba Fett? I've still never seen one in a store. Same with Hoth R2.

BTW, I'm totally sick of all these Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter repaints myself. Enough is enough, there's other ships to do!

DarthBrandon
03-29-2006, 12:06 AM
And there in lies the biggest problem. Wave after wave has been coming out quicjly. Not even April yet and we're into the fourth wave. It's been great that there haven't been too many pegwarmers, but the lack of product is a bit disheartening.

It's a weird dichotomy. I like the fact that I'm not seeing pegwarmers, but my wallet is taking a pounding trying to keep up with the new product. I'll be honest though, I'd rather have this than have to wait month upon month with NO product or seeing pegs full of pegwarmers that keep new product from hiting store shelves.

This may sound strange, but I think Hasbro may have finally got things right. Or as close to right as they are going to get.

Really think about it. Who hear still has trouble finding the first two waves? Possibly only small chain Chewie is th HTF fig from either of those two waves. Scorch was the one for the third wave, but he seems to be a smidge easier now. The utapau clone early release drew a frenzy, but that's dying down now that he is 2 per case for the Coruscant wave. Sicne that wve has just tarted to hit, it may seem a little HTF certain figs, but they'll keep coming for a few more weeks, so we should all have a rack at the ones we want.

I'd like to see Hasbro string the wave releases out just a little longer, but at the possible cost of seeing pegwarmers...

Like I said it's a very strange dichotomy.

-Sal

Well it's nice to see some people are getting the new waves, the Hoth wave just showed up in Canada so that saved me money for at least a month & a half. I haven't got sucker'd into the S.W. transformers / playschool or the tiny tiny unleashed products just yet. The only thing that Interests me is the 3 3/4 inch lines (figures, Battle Packs & hopefully new ships) & they are coming out slowly here so my wallet does not feel anything all at once (which is a good thing IMHO). As long as they keep coming I'm happy, if not I'll move onto something else.

HASBRO PLEASE GIVE THE SHIP LICENSE TO SOMEONE ELSE THAT WILL DO SOMETHING BESIDES RE-HASHES WITH IT.:yes:

jjreason
03-29-2006, 12:00 PM
BTW, I'm totally sick of all these Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter repaints myself. Enough is enough, there's other ships to do!

No bloody kidding, JT. The ship is nice - and I can see them doing 2 of them, maybe 3.... but it's just gotten to the point where the consumers just HAVE to step up and say enough is enough. Put your feet down, people - not your cash!!!

pegger
03-30-2006, 10:00 AM
No bloody kidding, JT. The ship is nice - and I can see them doing 2 of them, maybe 3.... but it's just gotten to the point where the consumers just HAVE to step up and say enough is enough. Put your feet down, people - not your cash!!!

but ... must buy.... every POS... they make....

Oh yeah, and Hasbro - enough Greedo's already too.

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-24-2006, 02:52 PM
they should re issue the clone war stuff.

1.republic gunship (different colors avalabile for diiferent legions)

2. at-te (different color's avalable for different legions)

3. ep.2 jedi starfighter (different colors depend on jedi, includes specific jedi figure and astrmench 1 non-removable for ship, 1 for ground crew)

3. all the episode 2 phase 1 clones.

4.droids.

5.droid starfighters, not with tiger-like stripes.

6 smaller, to scale tri fighters.

7. republic assult ship/republic attack cruiser/trade federation criser/banking clan comm ship playsets wich are to scale with figures, fold up for storage, and come with a crew, republic ship with clone pilots, and sepratist ships with droid pilots. and each ship can hold 1 ship from their team, i.e. sep ships can cold a tri or droid starfighter, and the rpublic ships can hold a v-wing or the v-19 torrents for the cw cartoon.

jedi master sal
06-26-2006, 11:08 AM
they should re issue the clone war stuff.

1.republic gunship (different colors avalabile for diiferent legions)

2. at-te (different color's avalable for different legions)

3. ep.2 jedi starfighter (different colors depend on jedi, includes specific jedi figure and astrmench 1 non-removable for ship, 1 for ground crew)

3. all the episode 2 phase 1 clones.

4.droids.

5.droid starfighters, not with tiger-like stripes.

6 smaller, to scale tri fighters.

7. republic assult ship/republic attack cruiser/trade federation criser/banking clan comm ship playsets wich are to scale with figures, fold up for storage, and come with a crew, republic ship with clone pilots, and sepratist ships with droid pilots. and each ship can hold 1 ship from their team, i.e. sep ships can cold a tri or droid starfighter, and the rpublic ships can hold a v-wing or the v-19 torrents for the cw cartoon.

Wow, in one post you're bashing Hasbro for rehashing, yet here you are BEGGING them to rerelease stuff???

Okay I do understand. It's clones/army building. Trust me, I of all people understand about that. Anyway, while I agree with you about the CW stuff, Hasbro seems VERY insistant upon NOT producing playsets. I've posted numerous times on the subject, outlining in great detail how they could do this on the cheap, make them modular, and still appeal to collector and kid alike.

They just aren't buying it that playsets will sell.

I for one would LOVE to see them made, just don't hold your breath.

-Sal

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-28-2006, 10:29 PM
:upset::whip: well, im only sick of them re-releasing ep.3 figures, wheere they made aton, where in the aotc line they only made a few. the clone wrs sets would be a nice addition, i just ordered 12 ep.2 clones and i still have more ep.3 clones! they medeto many ep.3 clones, where the only place i can find is ebay, but at $39.99 a clone trooper! they really need new clone war era ships, and an AT-TE! i really also hate the ep.3 republic gunship has th totally wrong colour scheme!! what i want is a new, more acurate aotc gunship with to ep.2 clone pilots, an at-te with 2 clone pilots and a gunner, and lots of other clone war era stuff, i would totally buy, if reasonally priced, like $25 for the gunship, and $29.99 for the at-te.

jedi master sal
06-29-2006, 08:36 AM
:upset::whip: well, im only sick of them re-releasing ep.3 figures, wheere they made aton, where in the aotc line they only made a few. the clone wrs sets would be a nice addition, i just ordered 12 ep.2 clones and i still have more ep.3 clones! they medeto many ep.3 clones, where the only place i can find is ebay, but at $39.99 a clone trooper! they really need new clone war era ships, and an AT-TE! i really also hate the ep.3 republic gunship has th totally wrong colour scheme!! what i want is a new, more acurate aotc gunship with to ep.2 clone pilots, an at-te with 2 clone pilots and a gunner, and lots of other clone war era stuff, i would totally buy, if reasonally priced, like $25 for the gunship, and $29.99 for the at-te.

Hey, I agree, I'd love to see much more Ep 2 styled clones along with the vehicles.
Hopefully the tv show will spur that on. It would be very cool to see Ep2 clones to start for the first few shows. Heck they could have Alpha (the first most recognized ARC trooper) in it to highlight that style of armor.

The AT-TE is LONG overdue. The tv show may be our LAST chance to see it produced. That means EVERYONE who wants one or more needs to keep asking Hasbro for it, especially if it has a role in the tv show.

-Sal

pegger
06-29-2006, 09:00 AM
, and $29.99 for the at-te.

There is no way that an AT-TE will cost $29.99 unless is comes in a mini-rig form.

It will probably be the same price as an AT-AT - and I would imagine the same size, only sideways.

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-29-2006, 12:08 PM
oh, i have another question, what star wars tv show r u talking about? cw? that has inspired nothing but choppy, hard to pose cartoon figures that no one really likes....

Kidhuman
06-29-2006, 02:17 PM
See the TV section CC. There is an upcoming TV show about SW to be released in 2008.

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-29-2006, 02:30 PM
oooooo..i like the sound of it..... it better be good....

pegger
06-29-2006, 06:08 PM
oh, i have another question, what star wars tv show r u talking about? cw? that has inspired nothing but choppy, hard to pose cartoon figures that no one really likes....

Hey - I happen to like those....

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-29-2006, 07:49 PM
uuumm..... sorry about that, im just saying that a majority of the star wars collecters dont like them...an the same thing with the titanium seris wich cannt be possed and are useless, or the transformers, wich just plain suck, or the choopers, wich also suck beyond suck.

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-30-2006, 09:04 PM
and i have another question, is the new 3d tv show about the clone wars or what? does it goe from ep.1 to ep.6? or oes it go into the prequels? does it cover the clone wars like the rykof enloe series starting at the chapter called "choas"? if u wat some action, read them all, if u want some cool versions of clone wars battles in battle front style, start at "choas" in the custom alliance gallery of justin cook. sorry i cant put in a link.

El Chuxter
06-30-2006, 09:19 PM
There are two shows. One will be a 3-D animated show about the Clone Wars, which debuts in 2008. The other will be live action, set between ROTS and ANH, and scheduled to debut a year or so later. Other than that, no one knows anything for sure, but a lot of people are speculating. (Check out the Star Wars TV Forum (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=332) for more info.)

COMMANDERCODY2795
06-30-2006, 10:46 PM
i dont think it would take so long to make a cartoon. i think it porabably could be released earlier. oh and will this cartoon about the clone war and of lukes childhood going to be on dvd? the clone war one might be pretty good judging by the descrpition.

Banthaholic
07-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Hasbro - can we get a break from the Ep. 3 Jedi starfighter please? 6 in just over 1 year is a bit much.

If you are going to re-release a mold - use the cloud car.
I'm actually enjoying the build-a-fleet of Jedi starfighters. Though I do agree on the Cloud Car. It's about time for this one to come out, as is there a need for a re-release of the vintage Revel Transport.

pegger
07-03-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm actually enjoying the build-a-fleet of Jedi starfighters. Though I do agree on the Cloud Car. It's about time for this one to come out, as is there a need for a re-release of the vintage Revel Transport.
i would love to see the rebel transport again. Now that was a great carry case...

jedi master sal
07-03-2006, 09:19 PM
i would love to see the rebel transport again. Now that was a great carry case...

Agreed! It wasn't to scale, but it had function beyond the look of it.

jjreason
07-04-2006, 02:47 PM
I never had one as a tyke, but I'd gladly shell out for one now - provided they packed in an exclusive Hoth figure or two.