PDA

View Full Version : leonardo dicaprio collection for sale

rich_of_the_dead
03-26-2006, 01:18 PM
here check this out or dont i could care less

http://www.morphyauctions.com/starwarstoys06.html

Slicker
03-26-2006, 01:43 PM
I saw this link over on RS. Leo had quite an impressive collection with tons of near impossible to find figures. I still hate him as much as I hate Chux but I have a little more respect for him for being a kick a55 SW collector.

JimJamBonds
03-26-2006, 02:55 PM
here check this out or dont i could care less

http://www.morphyauctions.com/starwarstoys06.html

But you do care that is why you started a thread on this. :D

Jargo
03-26-2006, 06:11 PM
way to go Leo. career down the tubes so you're forced to part with your treasures. not so cocky now huh? what a douchebag.

Exhaust Port
03-26-2006, 09:09 PM
And he selling Transformers:

http://www.morphyauctions.com/transformertoys06.html

and GI Joe:

http://www.morphyauctions.com/gijoetoys206.html

The man is my hero. Nice work Leo!

2-1B
03-27-2006, 02:40 AM
I saw this link over on RS.

Did you vote for Dusty while you were over there?

Jargo
03-27-2006, 05:03 AM
ha ha ha ha. funny.

LTBasker
03-27-2006, 05:08 AM
At least we know where the Titanic money went. :p Most of that stuff looks like it was really well cared for, that should fetch a small fortune.

Tycho
03-27-2006, 06:39 AM
Leo bought a lot of that stuff, well approximately $2,100 of it in one shot, from a friend of mine who used to run my local dealer store. (It closed a few years ago) Some of the actual loose vintage figures were my own from when I was a kid I think.

I sold to Jim (the store owner) when he was starting his business, in 1996, under the condition that I got credit for my collection and he'd use his Hasbro account to get me the new POTF2 stuff at around wholesale prices so I could stock up for my dioramas (from Stormtroopers to Snowspeeders, etc.) I only kept some things from my old collection that I knew I'd use: Ewoks, the village playset, etc. and I got additonal complete vintage Death Star playsets from Jim, etc.

I regularly had to beat his army of scalpers at my local retail stores still, but this took some of the pressure off and allowed me to plan for my dioramas.

Leonardo DiCapprio attended Comic Con and went in a ballcap to "hide" and scoured the dealers' floor and found my friend that way. I think it was in '99 actually, so I don't know exactly what Jim had left of my original stuff or if Leo got any. I sold Jim my G1 Transformers as well - also very loose-mint-and-complete. SirSteve was out here, as I remember because we were all trying to live with one another at my place when my high school girlfriend from Chicago was visiting and I took her and showed her Leo's check to help me rationalize my collection to her. I always loved how I could play "king of the nerds" with my SW collection and still get girls to do anything I wanted them to (ANOTHER TYCHO EGO ALERT).

Needless to say, I'm sure Steve has some funny things to say about the impression my collection made on my girl and how that all went down (she couldn't get out of Comic Con fast enough! Hehe)

But yeah, I was around when Leo bought a lot of that stuff - in San Diego as a matter of fact. He got some pretty nice mint, and some as-originally-packaged pieces.

2-1B
03-27-2006, 12:26 PM
I would have asked him to run lines from Gilbert Grape.

JimJamBonds
03-27-2006, 12:30 PM
I would have asked about his time on "Growing Pains."

2-1B
03-27-2006, 12:35 PM
"Leo, did you ever try to seduce the anorexic Tracy Gold with a ham sandwhich?"

JimJamBonds
03-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Ham sandwhich no. An offer of cocktails and she is good to go.:whip:

JON9000
03-29-2006, 08:11 PM
I wonder why he is getting rid of that stuff and what the auctioneer is charging him?

El Chuxter
03-30-2006, 01:51 AM
I was hoping Leonardo was for sale, so I could buy him and put him in a room and next month I could buy Rob Liefeld and put him in the room and have the two of them box each other like Rock-Em Sock-Em Fighting Robots, until one knocks the other's head off.

Then I'd kick the winner in the nards.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Gee Juggernaut, you sure are one cool guy.

Anyway, did they actually offer him the part of Anakin for AOTC, or was that just a rumor? I thought he turned it down because he didn't like SW, but that's obviously not the case.

Tycho
03-30-2006, 10:48 PM
I thought Leo was too old to play Anakin. He was close to 30 when they were filming AOTC wasn't he? They wanted someone 19-21 I think.

That ruled out James Marstens, etc.