PDA

View Full Version : Where are the pictures?

Jango Speck
03-27-2006, 10:33 PM
We had hi-res carded pix of the first four waves pretty early on (especially after Toyfair). How come we don't have any for the next waves?

2-1B
03-27-2006, 10:34 PM
They're already packed away for the move to the new joint.

Jango Speck
03-27-2006, 10:42 PM
What I mean, is that no one (rebelscum included) has any carded pictures. Why would SSG have to "pack up" image files? Are they hiding them away before the new owners can lay claim to their ownership? I don't believe anyone has shown carded pictures of upcoming waves: rebelscum doesn't even have Coruscant images up- except for the Utapau clone.

Slicker
03-28-2006, 03:56 AM
I know what you're saying and it is weird that no one has pictures of the next waves. We usually get pictures about 2-3 waves in advance but Hasbro is keeping hush on the upcoming ones for some reason.

2-1B
03-28-2006, 10:33 AM
RebelScum has a presidential campaign to run and SirSteve's is moving....maybe SuperShadow has them.

Ook
03-30-2006, 04:20 AM
http://www.jedidefender.com/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Collectibles/Modern/The_Saga_Collection/Basic_Figures

Darth Cruel
03-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Vaderfist - Thanks for that link. But those are the waves that everyone has the hi-res pics of. I think that speck2001 is reffering to the future waves that NOBODY has hi-res pics of yet. Beyond the Tattoine wave.

And Speck2001 - I can only guess that Hasbro is saving the new images for SDCC.

mtriv73
03-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Isn't SDCC in July? I hope they tell us more before then. With only one more (two if you count the greatest hits wave) announced wave to come out between now and then, we're in for a long dry spell unless they announce and ship some more figures.

Darth Cruel
03-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Isn't SDCC in July? I hope they tell us more before then. With only one more (two if you count the greatest hits wave) announced wave to come out between now and then, we're in for a long dry spell unless they announce and ship some more figures.

I don't think it will be unusually long. We are through four months of the Saga Collection and have only seen three waves ship complete. We are only beginning the Coruscant wave so if you figure about 5 weeks per wave that ends up being about a 4-6 week drought after the (estimated) 5 week run of the Tattoine wave.

And as a collector of, not Star Wars, but of Hasbro and, more recemtly, Sideshow, I can do 4-6 weeks standing on my head.

dindae
03-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Technically we've seen the Endor at Toyfair wave as well so that would take us right up to SDCC. For reference EE show April 2006 for Coruscant and June 2006 for Tatooine. So I figure mid-late July Endor should show up. I would be surprised if we didn't get some more pictures/confirmations for 3 months but if they want to make a big splash and show tons of new figures at once then they will keep it to themselves. I hope they don't wait that long since it will get awefully boring waiting for SDCC.