PDA

View Full Version : Would you want a VOTC repack line?

LTBasker
03-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Assuming if Hasbro were to ever entertain the idea of replicating every single vintage carded figure into a VOTC, would you prefer a VOTC sub-line for already awesome sculpts that would just be rereleased in VOTC packages?

I could see a problem with the price since it's one thing to pay $10-12 for these brand new VOTC figures even if they are shoddy (3PO, Yoda, Leia) but for repacks would be odd. Maybe have the price around $8? (Assuming regular figures don't go up another buck. :frus: )

Theres definitely some sculpts already released that would be highly difficult (or pointless to try) to improve and I think would look nice with the rest of the VOTC figures. Please post your ideas as well. :D

TIE Fighter Pilot (Saga/OTC)
AT-AT Driver (Saga 2)
AT-AT Commander (Veers- Saga 2)
General Madine (Saga/OTC)
Bespin Leia (OTC)
Cloud Car Pilot (OTC)
FX-7 (POTJ)
Lobot (OTC)
AT-ST Driver (Saga TRU Imperial Assault pack)
General Lando (Saga/OTC)
IG-88 (POTJ/OTC)
Bossk (Saga/OTC)
Dengar (Saga)
Skiff Guard Lando (Saga/OTC)
Royal Guard (ROTS)

abell748
03-28-2006, 02:24 PM
I could really go for something like that. I have most of a entire vintage set loose (except Yak and Stormie Luke) and I have 12 carded. Something like this would make me happy with my loose ones and give up on a vintage carded run. A VOTC run would look great displayed without shelling out $$$$$$$$$$. I would also dig if they took main prequel figures that were great sculpts and create a vintage card back for them.

Jargo
09-29-2006, 01:02 PM
no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no.

LTBasker
09-29-2006, 01:18 PM
You resurrected a 6 month old thread just to post no? Crazy...

Jargo
09-29-2006, 01:25 PM
I had more to say but took it the dear hasbro section instead and besides, what pray tell is wrong with vehemently voicing an opinion in the negative?

LTBasker
09-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Nothing, it just seemed uneccessary to me to resurrect a half year old thread just for that. :p

Jargo
09-29-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm bored with other threads. And I can, so I did. Now go talk to caesar and slicker about some of the threads they dig up and post in. hmmm. :p

TheDarthVader
09-29-2006, 10:43 PM
Caesar is the master digger. He's already found three Stegosaurus skeletons, one Pterodactylus, and a Dsungaripterus.

El Chuxter
09-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Dsungaripterus

Wow. That is the most obscure dinosaur pterosaur reference I've seen in ages.

2-1B
09-30-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm bored with other threads. And I can, so I did. Now go talk to caesar and slicker about some of the threads they dig up and post in. hmmm. :p

I'm here if anyone wants to talk. :D

Although, I probably should have waited 6 months to make this post. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Bacta Beast
09-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Only if they were cheaper, and if they packed the cases heavy with troop builders.

TheDarthVader
09-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Wow. That is the most obscure dinosaur pterosaur reference I've seen in ages.

Good to know that someone knows what in the hell I was referring to! ;) Yes, that pterosaur is a rare find. How do you think Caesar affords all of that star wars stuff? :D

DarkArtist
10-01-2006, 03:14 PM
I think since we already got some of the figures in some really great sculpts like the ROTS guard and other I would rather Hasbro focus on maybe just perhaps re-releasing them in either battle packs or single carded regulaqrs and focus on giving us some of the figures that are in desperate need of resculpting.

Also I think that if Hasbro does give us a VOTC Snowtrooper I have a feeling that the figure will be a repaint of the new Galactic Marine.