PDA

View Full Version : Anakin AOTC .45 Mini - Wrong scale?

pablohoolio
03-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone. Just a quick question. :Ponder:

Does anyone have the Anakin Skywalker AOTC .45? If so, does anyone think that the scale is a little off with all the other .45 mini's (Sidious and Yoda not included!)

It may be just my imagination, but the scale seems off compared to the other hilts, notably the Darth Vader saber which is basically the same thing but with a black cowl? It seems a lot slimmer to me. Was this the case in the movies? (The packaging does say that Anakins saber was a less menacing version of his Darth Vader saber).

Just wondering if anyone thinks the same? It really does seem a bit smaller in scale to all the other .45's.

:thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-28-2006, 04:34 PM
The AOTC Anakin saber prop was *very* small compared to just about every other full-sized hilt (thus excluding Yoda and Palpatine's sabers), it's way smaller than the Vader sabers. I think that was brought up in the interview I did with MR back when the Anakin FX first came out, they talked about how much massaging they had to do to get the electronics into it, the movie prop was quite a bit smaller than that.

nash
03-28-2006, 04:44 PM
I dont own either .45 but I do own the Anakin AOTC LE and yes it is "slim" compared to most other sabers. However you would be surprised to hold it as it is one of the heaviest sabers made by MR. Below are comparison shots of Anakin AOTC and the Vader full size sabers. You can easily tell how much slimmer the Ani is, and it is a known fact that all of the OT sabers have a much more bulky and hefty look to them than the PT sabers.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3516/mranakinle369xi.jpg
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9776/mranakinle373hv.jpg

Photos are courtesy of Rebelscum photo archives

JediTricks
03-28-2006, 05:09 PM
I think the second shot, the diameter one, that says it all.

Jayspawn
03-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks for posting the pics nash. Yes, Anakin's AOTC (padawan) lightsaber is slimmer than his ROTS (knight) saber.

pablohoolio
03-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

That second comparison pic really shows what I meant. I thought that the scale was probably something to do with the actual movie prop being of a slimmer design to the other Jedi Sabers, and I guess thats been proven!