PDA

View Full Version : How to solve all gender-related problems in the world

El Chuxter
03-29-2006, 12:05 AM
It's very simple. Men have to convince women that Monty Python and the Three Stooges are as funny as, well, as funny as they really are.

All tensions between the two sexes stems from the innate jealousy that women feel when they realize they cannot appreciate the grandeur of Larry, Moe, and Curly. Not Shemp, and for God's sake neither of the Joes.

j/k

But seriously, has anyone else noticed that women tend to not find Monty Python amusing? It's been said about the Stooges before, but why the gender gap with the Pythons? F'rinstance, my wife and sister-in-law seem to be normal people with normal senses of humor, but pop in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and suddenly it's only the guys in the room laughing (even though we've all seen it a few dozen or so times each).

CaptainSolo1138
03-29-2006, 12:09 PM
It's very simple. Men have to convince women that Monty Python and the Three Stooges are as funny as, well, as funny as they really are.
I have the necessary equipment to be labeled a man but you're gonna have to prove to me that they're funny, too.

Perhaps I just don't "get it", but I find neither to be particularly amusing.

Oh, yeah. Slicker's mom.

Rogue II
03-29-2006, 12:26 PM
I have the necessary equipment to be labeled a man but you're gonna have to prove to me that they're funny, too.

Maybe deep inside you are just an ugly woman.;)

Now, I have met one or two women who like The Holy Grail, but they are the exception. There must be something in the female body that prevents them from liking the Stooges and Monty Python. As you probably know, I have a 4 year old daughter. One morning, rather than turning on one of her shows, I had the Three Stooges on. She didn't want to have anything to do with it. Why did she hate it if she's never seen it before?

On a side note, any time I mention to my wife how stupid her reality shows and crappy chick flick movies are, she intantly bashes Monty Python.

El Chuxter
03-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Mrs Chuxter has yet to stay awake for an entire Monty Python episode or film. :cry:

I told her last night when I pulled up The Lumberjack Song and she thought it was "just dumb" that the ability to appreciate Monty Python is what separates humans from lesser beasts, and I pity her mortal soul.

JediTricks
03-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Most women I know like Monty Python.

Very few women like the 3 Stooges, and I'll be honest, I don't think they're that funny either, they're far too one-note, nothing clever or original about their short films. I've watched a lot to be sure, Larry gets his hair pulled, Shemp or Curly get miffed with Moe, all 3 act inappropriately around their bosses, someone gets hit with something accidentally and retaliates, Curly says "woop woop woop!"

El Chuxter
03-29-2006, 03:09 PM
You know women who like Monty Python and you, a man, don't like the Stooges? mAYBE YOU AM BE LIVE IN bIZARRO wORLD! :crazed:

Slicker
03-29-2006, 03:19 PM
I've watched a lot to be sure, Larry gets his hair pulled, Shemp or Curly get miffed with Moe, all 3 act inappropriately around their bosses, someone gets hit with something accidentally and retaliates, Curly says "woop woop woop!"That's a recipe for comedy, JT. How can you not love it?

JediTricks
03-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Because even when I was 5, I asked how many times can you see the same thing over and over again? When I was a little kid, The Marx Bros was always something fresh and original and funny, the Stooges literally couldn't be any less original after a few eps.

Plus, the Stooges brand of violence just isn't funny for very long, it's always either the dumbest accident or in the meanest spirits, and there's so much of it making up the foundation of their comedy that it turns the audience numb.

El Chuxter
03-29-2006, 07:38 PM
The first time I saw the Marx Brothers, I didn't think they were funny. It was only when it began to sink in that they'd beaten Bugs Bunny to all these gags that he (and the other Warner Brothers cartoons) had totally driven into the ground did I begin to appreciate them.

Beast
03-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Most women I know like Monty Python.

Very few women like the 3 Stooges, and I'll be honest, I don't think they're that funny either, they're far too one-note, nothing clever or original about their short films. I've watched a lot to be sure, Larry gets his hair pulled, Shemp or Curly get miffed with Moe, all 3 act inappropriately around their bosses, someone gets hit with something accidentally and retaliates, Curly says "woop woop woop!"
I agree with you again. Nice to see others with good taste.

Monty Python = Funny.
Three Stooges = Stupid.