PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Toys

Rogue II
03-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Ever find a box of stuff you forgot you owned?

I was cleaning under the bed this weekend, and I found the plastic bin I keep a bunch of my non-Star Wars Toys. I haven't opened that box in who knows how long. Anyway, it is mostly stuff I bought back in the late 90s.

Here is a partial list of what I found:

nearly a complete set of the old mini football helmets (from the quarter gumball machines, including the a couple old Tampa Bay helmets)

some sort of scuba lego guy with mini-sub

McFarlane's Slapshot Hansen Brothers

McFarlane's Bob and Doug McKenzie

3 match-box sized Transformers (I think one is Soundwave, but he is a blue pick-up)

WWF Bend 'ems: Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and Yokozuna

and a bunch of Kenner Starting Line-Ups

I forgot how cool the Hansen Bros and were. The battery died in one of the McKenzie Bros stage, but it looks like it can be replaced. I have not idea why I bought some of this stuff or kept it this long.

Does this happen to anyone else?

stillakid
03-29-2006, 02:32 PM
I had a Charlie in the Box. :(

Slicker
03-29-2006, 02:37 PM
I had a Charlie in the Box. :(Nobody wants a Charlie in the Box.

El Chuxter
03-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Except for your mom.

bobafrett
03-29-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm sure if I dug in my closet I would find things there (including some skeletons), but since I really don't have there room to move stuff around (not to mention the time) I won't know for at least several years when I move, and look in the many boxes, then repack them to go into my next closet.

I do know one box under my bed has some of these skeloton figures, but I can't remember the name of the cartton series they were from. The one skeleton has a kick arse bike, which is why I bought them in the first place.

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Rogue II,

I have a bunch of those old football helmets also. I nearly got a complete set but for some reason I could never get a Raiders. I got like 10 of the Dolphins though (go figure)..

I am curious to know which Starting Lineups did you have? Any football?
I still have a bunch of my old starting lineups, like Montana, Elway, Sanders, etc...the only one I have still in the packaging is Curtis Martin.

Rocketboy
03-29-2006, 10:19 PM
I had those Hanson figures too. I loved 'em, but I had to take them down becuase they were to heavy to stand on their own - the knees were seperating from the leg and would have eventually broken.

Rogue II
03-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Rogue II,

I have a bunch of those old football helmets also. I nearly got a complete set but for some reason I could never get a Raiders. I got like 10 of the Dolphins though (go figure)..

I am curious to know which Starting Lineups did you have? Any football?
I still have a bunch of my old starting lineups, like Montana, Elway, Sanders, etc...the only one I have still in the packaging is Curtis Martin.

I have some football and hockey, but mostly baseball. Off the top of my head, I have a Antwan Smith (Bills), Drew Bledsoe (Patriots), and a Doug Flutie(Bills) loose. Carded, I have a Doug Flutie and an old Thurman Thomas. There were also some of those "Headliners" figures--Kind of a big head/small body figure. I have a Jim Kelly, and a 4 pack with Barry Sanders, Brett Farve, Jerry Rice, and someone else, maybe Steve Young.

A lot of my baseball figures are Yankees, but I have others like Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Yaz, Ted Williams, McGuire(2-pack), Griffey(2-pack), Tony Gwynn, Biggio, (and my wife has a bunch of Mike Piazza stuff). I also have a freeze frame SLU, but I can't find it right now. I'm not even positive who it is...could be someone like Juan Gonzales or Palmiero. It might be in a different box with some of my SW stuff.

I do have a couple basketball figures: Larry Bird & McHale(sp?) from a 2-pack loose and a 3 carded Mattel Michael Jordans. Looks like I have 2 of a lot of teams, including the Raiders. There were like 4 old Broncos helmets, 3 Bengals, Seahawks, Bills, and Chiefs...and on and on. It was wierd seeing the old Houston Oilers and Tampa Bay helmets, too.

There was also a Spiderman with a lamp-post and some Tick mini-figures.

I wouldn't mind parting with a lot of these sports figures, but I don't know the best way to do it. There probably isn't much of a market for these anymore.

figrin bran
03-29-2006, 10:53 PM
i found a Liftticket (G.I. Joe Tomahawk pilot) the other day...too bad i don't have the tomahawk chopper anymore. i also found some vintage TF's...a few constructicons, gears, bombshell, cliffjumper.

JF96, i have some football starting lineups as well...i can't remember all the ones i have but i know i have aikman, brunell. could you use a Pennington Mcfarlane by any chance? i have one still in package.

Rogue II
03-29-2006, 11:04 PM
I was just on Beckett's website (aparently, they have kenner stuff on there as well as regular sports cards). I put those 3 Michael Jordan figures in, and supposedly they are worth a total of $60. But, after a quick check on e-bay, they are going for a lot less....I have 2 of these (http://cgi.ebay.com/MATTEL-NBA-MICHAEL-JORDAN-MAX-AIR-4-DIFFERENT-FIGURES_W0QQitemZ6046397732QQcategoryZ16471QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem)
and this one (http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jordan-NBA-Mattel-Super-Stars-1998-Figure_W0QQitemZ6046307688QQcategoryZ16471QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem)

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2006, 11:05 PM
JF96, i have some football starting lineups as well...i can't remember all the ones i have but i know i have aikman, brunell. could you use a Pennington Mcfarlane by any chance? i have one still in package.

Thanks for the offer fb, but I have 3 of the Penny McFarlanes...one opened and then one of the regular and variant in the package.

Rogue II, if you want to sell those Starting Lineups you may want to do ebay. There is still a market for them among some collectors.

bobafrett
03-30-2006, 06:09 AM
I was just on Beckett's website (aparently, they have kenner stuff on there as well as regular sports cards). I put those 3 Michael Jordan figures in, and supposedly they are worth a total of $60. But, after a quick check on e-bay, they are going for a lot less....I have 2 of these
and this one

I have that second one, plus one other Jordan from that same series, and a Dennis Rodman also from that same line. The three of them might have been from the same case assortment.

JetsAndHeels
03-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Rogue II, if you are looking to move any of those Jordans I would probably be interested. Lmk what you are looking for.