PDA

View Full Version : Question about latest repacked ROTS Anakin

JediTricks
03-29-2006, 03:39 PM
The newest repack of last year's ROTS #2 Anakin is The Saga Collection's #25, Anakin with cloth robe which also comes with case-mate Obi-Wan. My question is this, did Anakin ever wear a classic brown Jedi robe in ROTS? The figure is wearing such a robe, but I thought Anakin wore a darker, differently-shaped robe than Obi-Wan's.

tagmac
03-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Nope. Anakin's robe was always darker, close to black. And in AOTC, it looked more like a cape with sleeves than it did a typical Jedi robe. And aside from the material used on the robe, it's really not much different from the Anakin Evolutions figure, which was a better all-around figure anyway.

El Chuxter
03-30-2006, 12:53 AM
Y'know, Trixie (can I call you "Trixie"?), I hadn't even noticed the coloration of the cape until you just pointed it out. Just laziness on Hasbro's part?

2-1B
03-30-2006, 01:07 AM
I don't know the answer but I was just about to queue up a little ROTS action in a few minutes here, so I'll let you know. :)

JediTricks
03-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Y'know, Trixie (can I call you "Trixie"?), I hadn't even noticed the coloration of the cape until you just pointed it out. Just laziness on Hasbro's part?No, you may not. :p And yes, my guess is laziness as well.

2-1B
03-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Well, I watched this wonderful movie again last night and you are definitely right about the color, JT.

It does seem to be a little differently shaped from Obi's as well but that is harder for me to pinpoint due to the variation in color. That might throw off my perception of the style a bit, I don't know. In some shots the style looks the same and in other shots, different.

I haven't even seen the figure in question but I also assume it was just laziness on Hasbro's part. lol

JediTricks
05-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Yeah, it's got to be laziness, "just use the same robe we made for Obi-Wan", couldn't even have it done in a different color material.

jjreason
05-20-2006, 12:30 AM
That was the "issue" robe he was given by the order. The black one from the movie is a custom jobby, created by a Master Jedi Tailor that was maybe a little too fond of checking Ani's inseam measurement. :D

JediTricks
05-20-2006, 04:32 AM
....Riiiiiiiight.

2-1B
05-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Yeah, it's got to be laziness, "just use the same robe we made for Obi-Wan", couldn't even have it done in a different color material.

It's about time you replied to my post. :mad:

I've been waiting for 6 weeks. :crazed: