PDA

View Full Version : SideShow can't be serious about selling "half of Maul?"

Tycho
03-30-2006, 11:53 PM
I think Rebelscum's news and SideShow are pulling our legs. They can't seriously be selling the lower half of Darth Maul by itself! I'm sure an "action feature" of the figure may be that it splits in the center. Hasbro did that. But Sideshow selling it separately? Come-on!

They're probably poking fun at Master Replicas who offer half Maul's saber if you can't afford to buy the whole thing in one shot (not that many actually are buying it in halves that I've heard of).

In any case, whole or half, Darth Maul is NOT on my 12" wish list. Hasbro did quite nicely with him and I have 2 regular versions, 1 on the Sith Speeder, and 1 Masters-of-The-Dark-Side set with "Sebastian Shaw Vader 14" as a 2-pack. That's enough for me already.

Palpatine, depending upon which one they make, is the ONLY Sith Lord I'm interested in buying.

2-1B
03-30-2006, 11:54 PM
the lower half is 12" ? :confused:

Kidhuman
03-31-2006, 12:03 AM
Gonna give 12" Lando a run for his money there.

2-1B
03-31-2006, 12:12 AM
Too bad he doesn't post here anymore. :(

K M Toydarian
03-31-2006, 12:33 AM
I'll assume the "pre-order" coming soon will be on Sat. - April 1st!
It would be a good April fools joke and a fun way to introduce the next 12". If this is the case, the real preorder would be announced at that time.
I am torn about a Darth Maul. I really like the character, but Hasbro's with some tweaking is pretty good. The electronic one, wearing the reg 12" cloak suits my display purposes.
I certainly would not by 2 halves and pay shipping twice!, but I think it's a joke!

2-1B
03-31-2006, 12:47 AM
I am torn about a Darth Maul.

torn in half ? lollollol

Turbowars
03-31-2006, 01:01 AM
Damn it SSC! I have had enough with the fun and games! It's not funny, it's not cute so knock it the **** OFF!

Yeah SSC Maul will be awesome, can't wait. Oh sorry about that 1st part guys, that was the little boy inside my head. :alien:

DarthBrandon
03-31-2006, 01:41 AM
I never understood the excitement about SideShow's 12" figures, they are overpriced & look nothing like the characters likeness (face), while the clothing & extras are spot on. I guess you guys don't have to worry about the face this time around & it's only half the price.:D

2-1B
03-31-2006, 02:06 AM
I never understood the excitement about SideShow's 12" figures, they are overpriced & look nothing like the characters likeness (face), while the clothing & extras are spot on. I guess you guys don't have to worry about the face this time around & it's only half the price.:D

Uh oh, Turbs is gonna be back any moment now and he's a gonna be one salty dog at you for dissin' his SSC. :eek:

Slicker
03-31-2006, 03:45 AM
Uh oh, Turbs is gonna be back any moment now and he's a gonna be one salty dog at you for dissin' his SSC. :eek:Count down to a scuffle in 5...4...3...2...1..

nash
03-31-2006, 04:34 AM
are you kidding me? If youre talking about the other lines of 12" figs then maybe, but regarding the SW and LOTR 12" line, Their likeness and quality is the best out there..... Id like you to show me better?

Look at this thread http://www.chinese-starwars.com/chineseforum/viewtopic.php?t=5844&sid=58910957928e6ba752c5af46575aed86 and tell me that isnt a good likeness.

Tycho
03-31-2006, 04:41 AM
I'm just glad it's another one I don't need to spend my money on.

I want:

E1 Palpatine
E2/3 Palpatine
E3/6 Palpatine
Bespin Leia
Endor Battle Gear Leia
Nute Gunray
General Veers - ESB Hoth Battle Gear
Padawan E1 Theed Ceremony Anakin
Theed Ceremony Padme - TPM
AOTC Tatooine Padme
Black Leather Temptation AOTC Padme
ROTS Preggers Padme
ROTS blue dress Padme
R2D2 with tools
Destroyer Droid that Transforms
Lando Calrissian General - ROTJ
Oola
Aayla Secura - AOTC/ROTS
SaeSae Tiin - TPM/AOTC
Agen Kolar - ROTS
Adi Gallia - TPM
Weequay - ROTJ
Klaatu otherwise known as "Woof" (Jabba's Palace - ROTJ)
Tessek or Senator Tiikes (a quarren of some sort)
Ree-Yees or Senator AskAak (a Gran of some sort)
Momaw Nadon (Mos Eisley Cantina)
Labrina or preferably Ex. Univ. Ville (a Devaronian of some sort)
Quinlan Vos
Kir Kanos with removeable armor
Mara Jade-Skywalker (preferably from HTTE)
Yuuzhan Vong warrior
Jaina Solo - teen from Rogue Squadron
Jaina Solo - Jedi from NJO
Jacen Solo - Jedi from NJO

I'm just getting started... But I fear SideShow's general offerings won't have much appeal for me. I've

bought.....................passed on

..............................Luke Jedi
Anakin
Obi-Wan (2 actually)
Kit Fisto
Han Bespin
..............................Mace Windu
..............................Qui-Gon Jinn
..............................Darth Maul (well I will pass on when the time comes)

AmanaMatt
03-31-2006, 06:36 AM
I never understood the excitement about SideShow's 12" figures, they are overpriced & look nothing like the characters likeness (face), while the clothing & extras are spot on. I guess you guys don't have to worry about the face this time around & it's only half the price.:D :whip:

Jedi Luke looks awsome in person

Blue2th
03-31-2006, 07:04 AM
This is puzzling. Probably a joke to poke fun at MR's 1/2 saber like Tycho said. Maybe at least this means the Sith are coming to SS. Or better yet the bad guys or villans like Jango, Boba etc. Though I've heard there won't be a 1/6 scale Grievous.

JediTricks
05-18-2006, 06:44 PM
MR's April Fools joke is a month and a half old, but since the announcement of such was 2 days after these forums were closed, I guess it never got resolved. ;) They confirmed it was an April Fool's joke, but never announced a new figure afterwards.