PDA

View Full Version : New Unleashed out now!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-19-2006, 01:54 AM
I'm gonig to post this in the Ohio findings section too, but I wanted to let you all know that I stumbled across a small, nine figure, PDQ at Wally World tonight housing the three Unleashed figures: Han in Stormtrooper Gear, Chewie and Shocktrooper. All three look VERY awesome and I gotta say Chewie is my favorite. Anyway, there you have it. welcome back, kids! :love:

Slicker
05-19-2006, 06:15 AM
These seem to be hitting across the lower midwest right now. They were also found in Kentucky and I believe WV but I'm not sure about that last one.

bobafrett
05-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Yes, this is great news!!!! I did not buy one single pack of the mini unleashed figures as my own silent protest to shelving the larger Unleashed line, though be it temporary.

jaxx
05-20-2006, 12:20 AM
I just picked up my Han Stormy and Shock trooper this afternoon. I love them. I kind of wish that there was at least neck articulation though.
I can't wait to see the rest of the revived line (the ones that are rumored to come out after these 3).

jaxx
05-20-2006, 12:24 AM
By the way...
WELCOME BACK EVERYONE!!!!!!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Val Da Car
05-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Found a fresh case of 9 figures (3 of each) at my local WallyWorld

Slicker
05-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Same to you Jaxx.

I found all 3 of the new Unleashed figures in Virginia Beach today at WM. They had about 4 sets of 'em so they must've put out a couple of cases worth.

VidKidd
05-20-2006, 06:12 PM
I found ten cases of the new unleashed here in CA a day ago. So looks like theyre everywhere now. Good Luck and Good Hunting

JimJamBonds
05-21-2006, 12:29 AM
Most interesting! I think I'm due for a WM run tomorrow. ;)

Kidhuman
05-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Found a fresh case of 9 figures (3 of each) at my local WallyWorld

Ditto except it was 2-3 cases.

Dar' Argol
05-21-2006, 11:35 AM
I saw these the other night at my WM here in PA. I only could aford to get one so it was between Han and the Shocktrooper . . . so the Shocktrooper won. I am soooo estactic to see the larger unleashed back. those little ones just reminded me too much of the game figures . . Attaxck or something (whatever).

JimJamBonds
05-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I checked out all three of the new figs. today. I'm happy as well to see the full sized Unleashed figures none of them did much for me. I'd say Han is the best with the clonetrooper a close second, Chewie comes in a distant third.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 04:07 PM
I have to say though that it's a real shame Hasbro is reintroducing this line by expanding their rehash/repaint fever to include Unleashed figures.

BountyHunterScum
05-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Same to you Jaxx.

I found all 3 of the new Unleashed figures in Virginia Beach today at WM. They had about 4 sets of 'em so they must've put out a couple of cases worth.

Nice maybe I'll give my wally world a try.

Kidhuman
05-21-2006, 05:08 PM
I would James, I am in Va and found them early this morning.

BountyHunterScum
05-21-2006, 07:23 PM
I would James, I am in Va and found them early this morning.

I'll do it tomorrow since I'm in the process of fixing my sleep schedule staying up all night sucks. too easy to screw it up.

bobafrett
05-21-2006, 09:57 PM
I found just a lonely Shocktrooper, and bought it up. I am curious if it was returned, seeing as I never saw it out the day before, and when I came in the next morning, there it was all by itself. At either instance, I was glad to see these are hitting the shelves, as I was going through withdrawal.

Slicker
05-22-2006, 06:25 AM
I have to say though that it's a real shame Hasbro is reintroducing this line by expanding their rehash/repaint fever to include Unleashed figures.How do you figure? The Han is a brand new figure and I'm pretty sure the Shocktrooper is as well. The only one I'm not sure about is Chewie but even if he is a "rehash" he's from AOTC and comes with completely different accessories.

Kidhuman
05-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Chewie is in ROTS, not AOTC, The stormtrooper HAn is a rehash trooper with a han head.

Slicker
05-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Chewie is in ROTS, not AOTC, The stormtrooper HAn is a rehash trooper with a han head.Wow. I can't believe I said AOTC. Either way you get the picture but I wouldn't count Han as a rehash though seeing as it's got his head and the removable helmet along with the new base.

So to me they are all new.

El Chuxter
05-22-2006, 02:45 PM
I found them as well this morning, after about a week of not even hitting stores. Nice "welcome back" present.

Now if WM just had my laptop and my wife's wedding band, all would be well with the world.

Reefer Shark
05-22-2006, 06:48 PM
How do you figure? The Han is a brand new figure and I'm pretty sure the Shocktrooper is as well. The only one I'm not sure about is Chewie but even if he is a "rehash" he's from AOTC and comes with completely different accessories.

Hey Slick,
Han is a rehash of the trooper (although it appears the only thing rehashed is the main body, you already mentioned this)
Chewy is a rehash of the ROTJ version (diff weapons and base I think)
Shocktrooper is a rehash of the AOTC trooper (diff paint, base, and gun I think)

Total rehash wave, the first whole wave we've seen like this in the unleashed line (except if you consider the package variations). I like the clone and Han, but I think I might pass on these since I have no more room for them. Hell, I just put my whole loose collection in storage bins a few weeks ago because of this.

Slicker
05-23-2006, 03:53 AM
Hey Slick,
Han is a rehash of the trooper (although it appears the only thing rehashed is the main body, you already mentioned this)
Chewy is a rehash of the ROTJ version (diff weapons and base I think)
Shocktrooper is a rehash of the AOTC trooper (diff paint, base, and gun I think)I stand totally corrected then. I apologize for being wrong and I shall sing the first BSLOS of the new SSG...

There's a tear in my beer
'cause I'm cryin' for you,dear
you are on my lonely mind.
Into these last nine beers

Reefer Shark
05-23-2006, 04:57 PM
I stand totally corrected then. I apologize for being wrong and I shall sing the first BSLOS of the new SSG...

There's a tear in my beer
'cause I'm cryin' for you,dear
you are on my lonely mind.
Into these last nine beers

lol! Next time, be right! lol lol lol

Heh heh... just kiddin man, just yankin yer chain.

timmae
05-23-2006, 11:08 PM
the han and shocktrooper could not be passed up by me. the chewy was easy to pass since i have the other one. sure would like to see dengar to go w/ my other bh's. not to start anything, but cantina creatures or podracers?

Rocketboy
05-23-2006, 11:19 PM
So are these WM exclusives?
Last I heard it was unclear if they were or not.

JimJamBonds
05-23-2006, 11:21 PM
I didn't think it was but I'm not really sure.

Kidhuman
05-24-2006, 02:10 AM
As far as I know, yes they are WM exclusives.

Before we get to podracers and Cantina members, Give us Lando and Qui-Gon.

BountyHunterScum
05-24-2006, 05:11 AM
As far as I know, yes they are WM exclusives.

Before we get to podracers and Cantina members, Give us Lando and Qui-Gon.

I went to wal-mart they didn't have crap. I didn't get the Stormtrooper from last year or whenever it came out, Aura and IG were there but no trooper.

Slicker
05-24-2006, 06:25 AM
So are these WM exclusives?
Last I heard it was unclear if they were or not.They've only been found at WM's so I'm gonna say yes. I think these 3 are exclusive but the coming up ones are mass retail.

Kidhuman
05-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Exactly Slick, now you got it

El Chuxter
05-24-2006, 11:42 AM
It appears that Han and Shocky will move quickly, and Chewie will pegwarm like the love child of Malakili and the Neimoidian Warrior.

TheDarthVader
05-26-2006, 11:27 AM
How much are these at Walmart?

B.
TDV

El Chuxter
05-26-2006, 11:43 AM
$14.88. Hopefully when more come out, there won't be a price increase.

mastermatt24
05-26-2006, 10:24 PM
So.. Is the shock trooper worth opening?

Samuel Windu
05-26-2006, 11:13 PM
So.. Is the shock trooper worth opening?

Keep carded.He looks nice with cardback IMO;)

Deoxyribonucleic
05-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Is anyone else not very impressed with these? They don't look as detailed as all the other ones. I saw the Han trooper and it just didn't do it for me, his face didn't even look like Han Solo at all *shrugs

TheDarthVader
05-27-2006, 04:16 PM
I haven't had the chance to see these in person yet. It takes a while to get new toys at my WMs. Getting new toys here sucks because it takes a long time.

B.
TDV

Turbowars
05-28-2006, 10:22 AM
They look great in the package. I think Han is the best in the set. The trooper would had been the best if it wasn't for his funky helmet. I do like Chewy's ROTS accessories, looks better than the 1st release. I don't think we will see too many of these figures. WM exclusive only ship 1 or 2 times.

Slicker
05-28-2006, 11:19 AM
I thought it was just me that thought the Clones helmet looked a bit...off.

I think it's just a bit too tall but other than that it looks good.

Kidhuman
05-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Turbs, agreed, Han is the best. I like the shocktrooper too. Chewie is ok, buit seeing as I missed the first release, it is a welcome addition.

mastermatt24
05-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Ok, another dum question- Is the trooper in the same pose as the old clone? (only with a different gun?)

Slicker
05-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Ok, another dum question- Is the trooper in the same pose as the old clone? (only with a different gun?)Looking at the different auctions on eBay as a picture reference I'm gonna have to say they're the exact same.

mastermatt24
05-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Hmm. Thanks. I guess ill just have to put him somewhere else than next to the clone.:yes:

Turbowars
05-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Got hooked up with these today (thanks Snags!) and yes the Shock is the same as the AOTC Clone trooper. The base is new though. I'd like to get another set of these to open. For some reason I really wont to see Chewy with his shield. I doubt I will ever see them in the stores so I'll just have to live with what I have.

Blue2th
05-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Is anyone else not very impressed with these? They don't look as detailed as all the other ones. I saw the Han trooper and it just didn't do it for me, his face didn't even look like Han Solo at all *shrugs
I bought Han and the Shocktrooper today and I was comparing them to my other Unleashed (I have everyone loose) I think they got a little sloppier with the paint apps this time. This new Han's face doesn't even compare in likeness or paint app to the first Unleashed Han. The lines on the Shocktrooper's helmet look hand done and hurried. It seems the quality has gone down. Still I'm happy that these were finally released.

mastermatt24
05-30-2006, 12:37 AM
The lines on the Shocktrooper's helmet look hand done and hurried. It seems the quality has gone down.
Damn those chinese laborers! :pleased: :whip:

2-1B
05-31-2006, 11:58 AM
I was surprised to see these in the store today, I was still under the impression that Unleashed was cancelled. I didn't even know there are new ones coming out? :confused:

I picked up a set in case any other collectors are looking for them...I'm not getting any for myself, though.

bobafrett
05-31-2006, 10:02 PM
I was surprised to see these in the store today, I was still under the impression that Unleashed was cancelled. I didn't even know there are new ones coming out? :confused:

I picked up a set in case any other collectors are looking for them...I'm not getting any for myself, though.

What the H E double hockey sticks Caes, don't you read the forums here? I knew about this several weeks ago after reading about it, and now own two of the three Unleashed.

JimJamBonds
05-31-2006, 11:21 PM

I'm with you on this one Ox!

2-1B
06-01-2006, 03:06 AM
What the H E double hockey sticks Caes, don't you read the forums here? I knew about this several weeks ago after reading about it, and now own two of the three Unleashed.

Not sure why but I never noticed this thread. Sorry ! :D

Darth Instigator
06-02-2006, 09:15 PM
any Darth Mauls in the new unleashed?

TheDarthVader
06-02-2006, 10:03 PM
any Darth Mauls in the new unleashed?

There is a rumor of a "greatest hits" maul coming out before the end of the year, but it would be the same one as before. This is not confirmed.

B.
TDV

jaxx
06-02-2006, 11:44 PM
There is a rumor of a "greatest hits" maul coming out before the end of the year, but it would be the same one as before. This is not confirmed.

B.
TDV

Actually... I thought that I heard that this Darth Maul was going to be a NEW version. It's being called Version II.

Darth Instigator
06-02-2006, 11:54 PM
if anyone gets one or knows of their arrival please let me know? Thanks

mastermatt24
06-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Its gonna be a long while if pics havent even surfaced yet.

Rocketboy
06-03-2006, 05:26 PM
I finally found the new ones today.
It's about friggin' time.

TheDarthVader
06-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Actually... I thought that I heard that this Darth Maul was going to be a NEW version. It's being called Version II.

Oops. I just rechecked my source and the rumor is for a NEW version of Darth Maul. I am sorry about that. Thanks, jaxx.

B.
TDV

Dar' Argol
06-11-2006, 09:51 PM
There is a few I'd like to see in the Unleashed line.

A new Maul . . the first one was good, but give me the pose from the Theed Hanger and I'd be happy

Special Ops (501st) trooper . . just cause I love the blue!

Robed Anakin from ROTS . . sometime after his turn . . with the red/yellow eyes and what not . . awesome!

Scout trooper . . . this one would be a little hard. Do you do the full speeder bike with it . . do you include a section of it?? But I'd like to see it!

A better Jango . . something more dramatic . . like a POC Boba only Jango . . .

Of course any new Storm/Clone Troopers they can come up with are always nice! I'm sure there are others more deserving to have they're shot at unleashed, but these are the one's I'd like to see.

Blue2th
06-11-2006, 10:15 PM
There is a few I'd like to see in the Unleashed line.

A new Maul . . the first one was good, but give me the pose from the Theed Hanger and I'd be happy

It's nice to know It'll be a different Maul. Don't think I would buy another "ballet" Maul.

jaxx
06-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I actually like the first Maul.:yes: I like how dynamic the pose is. Lately, the poses have been so static (take the Shocktrooper pose for example). The whole idea of the line is in its name... UNLEASHED! These should be wild poses. :whip:

So... here's the list of upcomming figs... call them rumored or confirmed... y'all know how these things change:

Boba Fett - Greatest Hits
Darth Vader (Version 1) - Greatest Hits
General Grievous - Greatest Hits
Yoda / Emperor - Greatest Hits
(apparently two are Target Exclusives, and two are Wal*Mart Exclusives in tube packaging like the Best Buy Vader)

Darth Maul (Version II)
Greedo
Kit Fisto
R2-D2 w/ Battle Droids
Sandtrooper
Darth Vader (A New Hope)
Obi-Wan (A New Hope)
Luke Skywalker (New Hope Poster)
Princess Leia (New Hope Poster)
(these should be mass retail)

I'm totally notlooking forward to the "greatest hits" line. I am looking forward to all of the mass retail figs. I'm really curious to see what the R2-D2 will look like... but I'm really looking forward to the new Maul, Kit Fisto, and the Sandtrooper. I think I'll get all of the mass reatail wave except Greedo (what the hell can they do with him, y'know). I just hope that Hasbro will be very innovative with their bases and poses.
So I guess I can look forward to being out another $120.:rolleyes:

Rocketboy
06-11-2006, 10:53 PM
I think I'll get all of the mass reatail wave except Greedo (what the hell can they do with him, y'know).Look what they did with IG-88 - that is one of my favorite Unleashed.

El Chuxter
06-11-2006, 11:52 PM
But IG-88 is a badarse, and Greedo is an idiot.

Rocketboy
06-12-2006, 12:01 AM
This coming from the guy that loves Carp Fisto...

buuuuuuuuuurn!

El Chuxter
06-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Did anyone hear a post? I thought I did, but it must have been the breeze passing gas.

:p

OC47150
06-15-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm hoping a friend will come through with the Han stormtrooper Unleashed for me. I had the shock trooper already.

Saw Chewie in the store for the first time this past weekend. It was OK, an improvement over the Hoth Chewie.