PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood canceled, save it here!!!

Kidhuman
05-19-2006, 02:32 AM
http://savedeadwood.net/index.htm

HBO is canceling deadwood as many know by now. You can voice your opinion to try and save it by clicking on the link.

Hellboy
05-19-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm going to be mad if Deadwood gets jobbed like Carnivale did. If HBO cancels the series while there is still life left in it I'll definitely cancel my subscription even though I'll still want to see the final season of the Sopranos and the next season of Rome. It'll be hard but if this happens I'd rather wait to rent the DVDs than support them any further with a monthly subscription. :mad:

Kidhuman
05-20-2006, 01:57 AM
I got this response from HBO today....

Thank you for writing HBO.

We appreciate your enthusiasm towards our series, "DEADWOOD". HBO is
grateful that the series has such a devoted fanbase who contributed to
the show's success and making it an Emmy/Golden Globe winning HBO
original. We are incredibly proud of the series and also believe it to
be a powerful and authentic piece of programming. Be assured that your
feedback is valued especially as we go forward with the upcoming third
season, starting June 11th.

Despite recent articles on the future of our HBO original series
"DEADWOOD", there has been no decision for the future of the series, and
conversations regarding a fourth season are ongoing. Since "DEADWOOD"
creator David Milch is working on another HBO Original series, we've
granted our beloved Deadwood cast the latitude to pursue other projects,
for the time being.

Once again, thank you for your interest and we hope that you will
continue to find HBO to be a source of quality entertainment.

~ Sincerely, HBO Consumer Affairs Department ~

2-1B
05-20-2006, 05:14 AM
I won't cancel HBO over a show cancellation, I just can't do it.

Kidhuman
05-20-2006, 08:42 AM
I couldnt do it either.

JimJamBonds
05-21-2006, 12:44 AM
Interesting second post there KH, I thought it was going to be a rehash from JT's site. I'm glad there is some hope of a season IV. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
05-21-2006, 02:35 AM
I hope it doesnt get canceled. I like this show alot.

El Chuxter
05-22-2006, 02:39 PM
I will kick them all in the you-know-what if they cancel it.

JimJamBonds
05-23-2006, 12:07 AM
I won't cancel HBO over a show cancellation, I just can't do it.

And I won't stop watching copies of HBO shows that Caeasar gives to me.

James Boba Fettfield
06-04-2006, 10:12 PM
There won't be a fourth season, but it will have a proper finale in the form of two two-hour specials.

"Deadwood" lives.

After a month of what seemed like public negotiating, HBO and "Deadwood" creator-exec producer David Milch have kissed and made up, as it were, agreeing to produce a pair of two-hour specials that will serve as the show's series finale.

While Milch's grisly Western had been presumed a goner last month after HBO announced it would not be renewing options on the large cast (Daily Variety, May 12), HBO said Sunday that the series and its fans would get closure in what amounts to a four-hour event.

HBO will have to renegotiate new deals -- now for a pair of two-hours as opposed to a full season -- with all of the players. Although no one is locked into continuing with "Deadwood," an HBO reprep said the network was confident in reaching all the deals necessary to proceed with the show in its new incarnation.

No decisions had been made about a production start date or a premiere date.

Insiders say HBO was uncomfortable with the hefty costs of holding the actors over an indefinite amount of time now that Milch would be splitting his time between another season of "Deadwood" and his new surf noir pilot "John in Cincinnati," also set up at the pay network.

"Deadwood" rotated in at least 20 major characters during season two. In addition, each episode of "Deadwood" is said to cost around $5 million to produce and require 15-16 days of shooting -- a hefty tab even for HBO.

And although both Milch and HBO say the parties had always intended for the series to end after four seasons, economics at the cabler have changed. "The Sopranos," which begins production on its final episodes shortly, is more expensive than ever, while new series -- including the expensive $100 million first season of "Rome," a co-prod with the BBC, and "Big Love" -- haven't exactly ignited ratings or subscriptions.

For Milch, keeping "Deadwood" alive in some form saves him from seeming as though he was abandoning the show after HBO offered a truncated fourth season of six episodes (Daily Variety, June 2).

"I am thrilled that we were able to figure out a way to continue," Milch said in a statement. "No one was ready to let go of the show, and I'm really glad we've found a way to proceed that works creatively."

Decision to continue also spares HBO brass criticism that they were prematurely pulling the plug on a series with both critical acclaim and a loyal following -- two elements that earned lauded but ratings-challenged crime drama "The Wire" a fourth season, due this fall.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117944621?categoryid=14&cs=1&s=h&p=0

JimJamBonds
06-04-2006, 11:20 PM
I can't say its exactly 'good news' but 4 more hours is better then 0 more hours.

2-1B
06-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Very good news, I'll take it. :thumbsup:

Tip of the cap to The Wire Season 4 as well, that is a DAMN good show. :)

BountyHunterScum
06-06-2006, 06:36 PM
I cancelled my HBO months ago, I got tired of the weirdness.

Kidhuman
06-07-2006, 02:20 AM
The movies are better thasn nothing. Hopefully they will reconsider and do a whole season.

Ji'dai
06-07-2006, 09:38 AM
At least they'll make an attempt to give the show a decent send-off. I was hoping Carnivale would get the same treatment.

jjreason
06-25-2006, 06:23 PM
That is positive news. Any Deadwood is better than pretty much anything else.

scruffziller
06-25-2006, 09:45 PM
I cancelled my HBO months ago, I got tired of the weirdness.

But not as weird and as disturbing as KH's Justin Guarni avatar.:ninja:

Hellboy
06-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I suppose I can live with a four hour send-off but I'll certainly miss the series once its gone. :cry:

At least they'll make an attempt to give the show a decent send-off. I was hoping Carnivale would get the same treatment.

Call me crazy but I'm still holding out hope that HBO will eventually come around and do just that. Maybe if enough people buy the Season 2 DVD set we'll get lucky.

Ji'dai
07-04-2006, 12:41 PM
If it's dependent on DVD sales I don't think we'll ever get a Carnivale conclusion. I won't buy HBO DVD sets since they are too damn expensive.