PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Scorch?!!!!!

Bacta Beast
05-19-2006, 10:08 AM
I didn't see a thread for this already so here I go!
The issue is, how hard it is to find a Scorch figure on pegs! Sure I expected it when he was first relreased, but by now supply should be catching up with demand!
Don't mistake this as a call for help, I already found one for myself and one for a friend. But, I still have other friends looking for one and most of us would like extras for customizing!
Now I know for fact that Hasbro is waaaaaay shortpacking these guys! I walk into a Wal-mart recently and found 5 unopened boxes, brand new! Each one had two UGH figures but not one had any type of Scorch (UGH or regular)! They all had at least two "Hoth" Vaders:rolleyes: and plenty of over used Anakin's. Plenty of Codys and Uatuapa Clones, but not one Scorch! C'mon Hasbro!

UKWildcat
05-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Excellent question. This is coming from a guy that checks Target and WM 3-5 times a week. I have seen this figure only ONE time so far, which is the one that I picked up for myself. I'm so glad I didn't pass on it in hopes to find it in the future cause that ain't happenin'. I still have not found the UGH version and I fear that I never will. So far I'm pleased with the Saga line but the assortments could use a little help here and there.

Kidhuman
05-19-2006, 10:47 AM
I have found it about 5 separate times and the UGH one also.

tagmac
05-19-2006, 11:45 AM
I found Scorch only once, when I hit Target shortly after they opened last month and bought the only one on the pegs. I've never seen him again.

BanthaPoodoo
05-19-2006, 12:08 PM
I have seen him twice ( or more correctly I saw two of him at the same store, only once)

Bad thing is some TOOL decided to go and bend the backer cards for no apparent reason....

Bought him anyway as a place holder in my set... hopefully one of these days I'll see a good one that I can replace him with...

dindae
05-19-2006, 01:31 PM
The first time I saw the wave at Target and hit several stores to pick up all the clones I want I saw him a few times but that was the first week or so the Genosian wave hit. Since then nothing. Granted once I find what I need I stop looking so that doesn't mean he has shown up but definately far from being commonplace. I don't think Hasbro is going to make him or any other EU character a 2 per case figure but they will probably keep him in the mix a little longer if they made enough in the run. Who know maybe they will include him in Heroes and Villians wave 10. :D

Slicker
05-19-2006, 09:58 PM
I've seen Scorch exactly once and that was when I got him.

Actually I saw two but they were both on the pegs at the same time.

Phantom-like Menace
05-19-2006, 10:57 PM
I'll tell you what the deal with Scorch is. My roommate has been awesome about making sure I get figures. After he got off work one evening, he stopped into Wal Mart to grab some groceries and made sure to stop by the Star Wars aisle for me. His first clue that new figures had been put out was a guy walking out of the aisle with five or six Scorch figures and a look of satisfaction on his face that said his right hand would never quite do it for him after the pleasure of looting a city of all its Republic Commandos. Of course there were no more on the shelves.

bobafrett
05-19-2006, 11:38 PM
I've seen Scorch 3 times. All three were on seperate days at my store. The first one gotr bought up, the second time I saw one, I bought it, and I saw a third one in a case in the backroom, but never have found him since, so I assume he was taken out to the sales floor and sold.

Hellboy
05-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Scorch hit hard in my area within a span of about 3 weeks in the first assortment he shipped in. I easily saw this figure 30+ times in my travels but he dried up real fast. I rarely if ever saw the regular version after that and I've only seen the UGH Scorch twice, both of which I bought for myself and a friend.

Darth Mina
05-20-2006, 12:58 AM
I haven't seen him once!!!:sad:

Banthaholic
05-20-2006, 01:47 AM
The funny part is sure Scorch is cool, but he looks alot like something like Durge was from the CW. Not saying they look alike, but they both seem to have that 'different' feel to them. The funny part was people hated Durge saying he was more GI-JOE and such, but everyone loves Scorch and I've seen him once. Go figure.

Me I'm happy to add any weird looking EU charcters to the collection.

figrin bran
05-20-2006, 02:18 AM
i've only seen scorch once which was when i bought him. definitely HTF but not as tough as UGH's. i haven't seen even one yet and i hit stores at opening a few times per week.

abell748
05-20-2006, 03:13 AM
If not for the fact I've seen pictures of the Scorch figure, I would think it did not exist. This is the only figure I have never seen gracing a shelf (I've never seen the UGH figures either..go figure). I do not care about the UGH, but I would like to find a Scorch this year...sometime.

P.S. Thank the maker...Sir Steve is back and the forums are open for business!!!!!!

JediTricks
05-20-2006, 03:56 AM
I didn't even try, I just got him off KBtoys.com when they had him listed at MSRP, that worked out perfect. And I have yet to see him on shelves so that was the right call.

Daryl VayDar
05-20-2006, 06:44 AM
I've only seen one on the pegs...oddly enough he was pretty much the only thing left from the assortment at like 6 in the evening?! He now lives on my shelf.:yes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-20-2006, 12:02 PM
I've never seen him, and he's the only TSC figure I don't have. I find it odd that an EU character is selling so well, since fewer people probably know who he is.

Val Da Car
05-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Seen him 3x and picked up two (one regular and one UGH).

JEDIpartner
05-20-2006, 02:05 PM
I only saw him on the pegs in Japan, so I bought one. It's still a stupid looking figure but... *shrug* Someone I know in Cleveland may likely want it.

plasticfetish
05-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Scorch hit hard in my area within a span of about 3 weeks in the first assortment he shipped in. I easily saw this figure 30+ times in my travels but he dried up real fast.That's weird, I never saw him once. Still don't have this one.

TIE Pilot
05-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Never saw one here on the NW side of Chicago. Probably never will.

I'm not holding out any hope for Cody either.

Hellboy
05-20-2006, 09:43 PM
That's weird, I never saw him once. Still don't have this one.

I was hitting Target 3-4 times a week at opening when the wave containing Scorch first showed up because I was looking for multiple Utapau Clones. So thats probably why I saw so many.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 04:05 PM
I saw it on multiple occasions when it first hit the shelves but it never stuck around very long. On the other hand, Utapau Clonetroopers were scarce in the beginning, but lately there have been times where they've clogged the pegs for days!!

Slicker
05-22-2006, 06:15 AM
I saw it on multiple occasions when it first hit the shelves but it never stuck around very long. On the other hand, Utapau Clonetroopers were scarce in the beginning, but lately there have been times where they've clogged the pegs for days!!That could be because the Utapau Clone was shipped with the Geonosis wave and then shipped 2 per case with the Coruscant wave. As far as I know Scorch has shipped with just the one case assortment.

Kidhuman
05-22-2006, 07:36 AM
I dont believe Scorch is shipping with any other wave.

Joshkj
05-22-2006, 09:23 AM
I found scourch by pure luck, came into my local target, not even planning on getting figs, and i found 3 scourches and 4 utapau clones. I was happy :)

Bacta Beast
05-22-2006, 11:16 AM
I have found it about 5 separate times and the UGH one also.

Then you are a lucky man and should consider yourself so! I envy you that.:thumbsup:

JON9000
05-22-2006, 01:04 PM
I have yet to see a Scorch or a Cody at retail, and I've been to the stores almost everyday in hopes of finding a Biker Scout (which I have- yay!). I have not seen a single UGH figure. I suppose its easier to find this stuff in smaller towns. When I lived in Tallahassee I wanted for nothing.

Slicker
05-22-2006, 02:03 PM
I dont believe Scorch is shipping with any other wave.So there ya have it. Scorch is gonna be tough to find for some time now until eBay settles down to normalish prices.

UKWildcat
05-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Scorch is shipping in almost every Wave 3 Rev. that I've seen so far on EE.

Wave 3 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770C)
Wave 3 Rev. 1 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770C1)
Wave 3 Rev. 3 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770C3)

Wave 4 Rev. 4 (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770D4)

There may be others but I'm too lazy to look through all the pages. :rolleyes:

Phantom-like Menace
05-22-2006, 04:22 PM
When I lived in Tallahassee I wanted for nothing.

Oh, so you've had the displeasure of living here. I'm in Tallahassee, and the only reason I have my single Scorch is because two very good friends work overnight retail and knew to get to the store when it opened. Otherwise, as I mentioned before, the only other time I've had evidence of a sighting was as I said above.

Dominic Guglieme
05-22-2006, 08:19 PM
The mold lends itself the troop-building, after a bit of recoloring. That may explain some of the scarcity.

BountyHunterScum
05-23-2006, 01:25 AM
I've seen Scorch exactly once and that was when I got him.

Actually I saw two but they were both on the pegs at the same time.

I've only seen him once at Kay Bee, I bought him. I was probably right in thinking I'd never see him again.

Kidhuman
05-23-2006, 02:46 AM
UK, we are long passed wave 3 right now. I have to update case asst's soon, probably Wednesday night or over the weekend, but I didnt see him in any others.

UKWildcat
05-23-2006, 10:54 AM
I know Kh, I just wanted to show that Scorch was actually shipped in a couple different waves and assortments. I also thought he shipped with Wave 2 but now that I look at your listed assortments, I guess he didn't. And yes, get to work on updating those case assortments already!!!;)

Bacta Beast
05-23-2006, 11:12 AM
That's what upsets me! Like I said when I started out this thread, I opened 5 brand new cases at a local Wal-Mart and found not one Scorch! Not one! plenty of Uataupu Clones and Codys, plenty of UGH (2 per case) but not one Scorch! In my opinion that's inexcusable. I'm sure that Hasbro has to have been hearing back form the collectors out here about the problems with finding Scorch. They shouldn't have a problem putting at least one Scorch in they current case assortment to catch up with customer demand. And it would make sense to put him in the assortment I found as it also included some of the Geonosis wave. When Hasbro does this, it only makes the scalpers happy! It doesn't profit the retailers, and it sure doesn't make the collectors happy!

JON9000
05-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Oh, so you've had the displeasure of living here. I'm in Tallahassee, and the only reason I have my single Scorch is because two very good friends work overnight retail and knew to get to the store when it opened. Otherwise, as I mentioned before, the only other time I've had evidence of a sighting was as I said above.

You will never have the pleasure of living in a town with such a disproportionately high number of super top-shelf hot girls of loose virtue ever again. Enjoy it while it lasts!!! :love: :whip: :twisted:

The difficulty with Tallahassee is that there isn't a huge market, so things can sit for weeks.

BountyHunterScum
05-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Saw him once at Kaybee, I just got Cody and uptapau trooper today. along with soft cloak obi wan.

Phantom-like Menace
05-25-2006, 01:25 PM
You will never have the pleasure of living in a town with such a disproportionately high number of super top-shelf hot girls of loose virtue ever again. Enjoy it while it lasts!!! :love: :whip: :twisted:

There is that, and the primary thing they have going for them (aside from loose hottness) is that they are not from here.

The difficulty with Tallahassee is that there isn't a huge market, so things can sit for weeks.

I know that every hot Star Wars figure since Darth Maul in '99 has required wrestling moves and daring do at the crack of dawn to even look upon let alone grab and purchase. If you can't be at Wal-Mart at two in the morning Target at eight and Toys R Us at ten, you just need to find an online retailer, because you're not buying it locally.

Luuuuuuke
05-26-2006, 05:02 PM
The one time I saw Scorch at retail there were like 7 of them. I got three of them, including two to customize(I'm an opener). The weird thing is there was almost nothing else on the pegs, at least nothing hard to find. You find 7 Scorches, you figure you'll find even more Utapau clones and some Codys, but none of those were there. I have a feeling someone held these Scorches in the back and then just put them all out(it was in the early evening too).

Jargo
05-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Is it just me or does scorch sound like a GI JOE name?

bobafrett
05-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Is it just me or does scorch sound like a GI JOE name?

Yep. GI Joe is a Real American Hero, scorch id just a fake SW movie character though.

deogg
06-21-2006, 07:50 PM
I've only seen one Scorch at retail. At a Walmart about 20 mins from me. I should have picked him up, but my friend (who also collects SW) picked me up one to open and one to keep carded.

plasticfetish
06-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Still never seen it... so he's added to that short list of figures that I couldn't find at retail. (Which means I probably won't bother buying him.)

Luuuuuuke
06-21-2006, 10:15 PM
I've only seen it at a store once. It was at a TRU and there were 5 of them. I bought two. The odd thing was there hardly any of the other figures from the Scorch assortments. Someone must have held them and just put them all out.

Kidhuman
06-21-2006, 11:45 PM
PF you got a PM.

abell748
06-22-2006, 06:00 AM
I know how plasticfetish feels, I have given up on finding this one at retail. Our dirt-mall representitives network and hit all the stores multiple times a day. Pretty smart for rednecks.

Dominic Guglieme
06-22-2006, 04:44 PM
I have only seen a few, and not for a looooong time. Sorry guys.

If somebody really wants to trade for my (loose) Scorch, contact me, and we can make a deal. I am not looking to unload it. But, I am not so in love with it that I would be unwilling to trade for some TF Cybertron, or even a suitable SW clone.

partyboss@fastmail.fm