PDA

View Full Version : Narnia sequel gets delayed

JediTricks
05-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Found this on IMDB:

The release date of the sequel to The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe has been severely delayed while its special effects are completed. The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian was originally scheduled for release in December 2007, but is now expected to come out in the summer of 2008, according to a spokesman for Disney. Director Andrew Adamson needs more time to polish the fantasy film's special effects. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, starring Tilda Swinton, and featuring the voices of Ray Winstone and Liam Neeson, became Disney's most successful live-action film of all time, taking an estimated $742 million worldwide.
My guess is that Disney caught a lot of flak for a few of the f/x in the first one not working right, and when it made a bunch of cash they ponied up more f/x dough. Still, fans are going to be disappointed to wait, I know the Harry Potter fans can barely stand the wait between their movies.

Jargo
05-19-2006, 02:22 PM
for a kids movie LWW was pretty darn good as far as effects went. It's watchable. Enjoyable. good afternoon entertainment. I can't think off the top of my head of anything that stuck out as glaringly bad. besides the foreign dwarf speaking in some language I've never heard.

Which effects were off? anything specific or was it just a general 'could do better' feeling?

Bacta Beast
05-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I don't remember anything glaringly bad. At least nothing that looks as crappy as Han stepping on Jabba's tail, or Anakin riding on the back of that thing on Naboo!

Kidhuman
05-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Well this sucks. I was looking foward to it.

JediTricks
05-19-2006, 03:28 PM
for a kids movie LWW was pretty darn good as far as effects went. It's watchable. Enjoyable. good afternoon entertainment. I can't think off the top of my head of anything that stuck out as glaringly bad. besides the foreign dwarf speaking in some language I've never heard.

Which effects were off? anything specific or was it just a general 'could do better' feeling?
I dunno, I didn't see it, that's just what I heard from a bunch of people, there were a few shots that were off, specifc things.

Yeah, I don't remember anything glaringly bad. At least nothing that looks as crappy as Han stepping on Jabba's tail, or Anakin riding on the back of that thing on Naboo!Yeah, those are the paragons of f/x technology. :p

figrin bran
05-19-2006, 10:33 PM
i don't know how the post production process works but couldn't they just take the parts that don't have the FX and put those into post production. wouldn't that hasten the process a bit? hopefully someone that's in the film business can shed some light on this.

Banthaholic
05-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Well if delaying it makes it a better movie I'm all for it. I'm psyched for it though

UKWildcat
05-20-2006, 01:57 AM
I'm with Bantha... If I have to wait a little longer for a better movie, I'm down. I skipped Narnia in the theater but I really enjoyed the dvd release. It was a pretty good flick and I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. I'll definitely see the second one in theaters and I won't mind the extra wait.

JediTricks
05-20-2006, 03:49 AM
i don't know how the post production process works but couldn't they just take the parts that don't have the FX and put those into post production. wouldn't that hasten the process a bit? hopefully someone that's in the film business can shed some light on this.
My guess is they haven't gotten far enough to warrant it.

You know, Star Wars was delayed from its original scheduled christmas 1976 release date for 6 months for the very same reason.

2-1B
05-20-2006, 04:38 AM
Good, then maybe they can take the extra time to figure out why that fawn feller would wear a scarf but no shirt in the cold snowy weather. :confused:

Slicker
05-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Good, then maybe they can take the extra time to figure out why that fawn feller would wear a scarf but no shirt in the cold snowy weather. :confused:LOL!! It's good to be back.

I myself can't remember any specific scenes that were bad (I saw it opening day and that was too much for me) but I remember at the time that there were some pretty awful scenes.

Banthaholic
05-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Good, then maybe they can take the extra time to figure out why that fawn feller would wear a scarf but no shirt in the cold snowy weather. :confused:

Maybe he's just one of those guys that likes showing off his man chest. Or maybe he's the guy that unbuttons the top few buttons on his shirt to reveal the hair for the ladies:laugh:

What I'm more confused about is his eagerness to make friends with a little girl. That's a little creepy if you ask me.

scruffziller
06-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I noticed that a number of the CGI animals didn't seem to live up to the level of work as was dedicated to the accomplishment of Aslan. They are correct to give extra time to all of the effects and not just one. If Aslan was only done as good as the least worked on CGI character in the movie, then there would have been no contrast. But since Aslan was such an immense achievement, to have any other CGI effects not live up to the same level created that contrast.

basschick
06-02-2006, 10:41 PM
be confused no longer - mr tumnus, the fawn, was ordered by the white witch to make friends with lucy or any son of adam or daughter of eve who happened along.

see? with movies it pays to read the book where important motivations can't be cut out - in this case perhaps to make time for the gratuitous dramatic escape from mr and mrs beaver's house ;)

What I'm more confused about is his eagerness to make friends with a little girl. That's a little creepy if you ask me.

Kidhuman
06-03-2006, 02:30 AM
He tells her that in the movie, right after she wakes up after they drank the "tea"