PDA

View Full Version : The Star Wars Trilogy DVD Packaging

SirSteve
05-19-2006, 06:53 PM
The Star Wars Trilogy DVD Packaging

Click Each Thumbnail to Enlarge This is a chance for longtime fans to re-experience the movies as they originally played during their first theatrical releases, and an opportunity for new fans to see a bit of movie history.

Each movie comes as a two-disc set -- one disc is the 2004 remastered version of the film, while the second disc is a version that captures its original theatrical presentation. StarWarsShop.com will be making Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi available for pre-order on Friday, May 12.

bobafrett
05-19-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm not seeingg the Thumbnails SirSteve.

JediTricks
05-20-2006, 03:26 AM
It's a direct repost of the News post (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=10&p2_articleid=5) of the same title, but since we don't have images in the forums...

Personally, they're alright but I don't really dig 'em, they seem cheaply put together, and I am tired of seeing that Luke ROTJ promo still, it's a lousy shot that's always poorly cropped and has a screwed up lightsaber, that thing has to go back to the friggin' vault.

Slicker
05-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the "live action" covers. I thought that the paintings worked perfectly for the previous releases. I guess it's just easier to take stills from the movies then commision someone to do a painting. *shrugs*

SirSteve
05-20-2006, 09:03 AM
This feature is something new I am messing with. Hmm........ it doesn't pull in the photos or provide a link to the news article. I'll have to rethink it.

JediTricks
05-20-2006, 12:26 PM
This feature is something new I am messing with. Hmm........ it doesn't pull in the photos or provide a link to the news article. I'll have to rethink it.
It's a cool feature for a lot of articles, just for some articles you'll have to tweak the news stories a bit to fit the forums format.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2006, 09:02 AM
The packaging, like the release, is poo.