PDA

View Full Version : Darth Maul Mini Bust

Hellboy
05-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Looks like the upcoming Darth Maul Mini Bust is listed in the June issue of Diamond's Preview Catalog. (http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/06_06/34_darthmaul.htm) Which means the release date should be in August sometime. Out of all the upcoming Mini Busts this is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Reefer Shark
05-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I love that version of Maul. He looks very bad-***! Can't wait to add him to my collection.

Jayspawn
05-20-2006, 08:16 PM
I cant wait also. He'll look great next to Qui-Gon Jinn.

Hellboy
05-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah the more I look at this pose the more I love it. I really wish GG would have chosen this Mini Bust instead of Qui-Gon to do as a holographic variant considering the hologram of Maul in TPM was actually posed this way.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Looks like the upcoming Darth Maul Mini Bust is listed in the June issue of Diamond's Preview Catalog. (http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/06_06/34_darthmaul.htm) Which means the release date should be in August sometime. Out of all the upcoming Mini Busts this is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

Most online retailers have it listed for November, which would make sense considering Qui-Gon, Grievous, and the Clonetroopers are slated for released ahead of Maul. I think it's a sure bet that he'll be shipping at the height of the Christmas season this year.

Turbowars
05-22-2006, 07:39 PM
This one is SUPER COOL! I hope the one I get has good eye paint.

BlueSnags
05-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Gotta say that this is one of the best busts yet. It looks freakin' awesome.

jedi master sal
05-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Yeah this is an awesome addition.

Is anyone else feeling a little more nostalgic towards TPM now, especially with Qui-gon's and Maul's busts being announced?

Sure it's not the Star Wars many of us first knew and grew up with. But it's grown on me. I have a new found appreciation for both characters. And the movie itself has greater meaning in the grand scale of things especialy with the revalation near the end of ROTS.

Sorry couldn't help waxing nostalgic there. I guess I'm an old softy...

BlueSnags
05-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Yeah this is an awesome addition.

Is anyone else feeling a little more nostalgic towards TPM now, especially with Qui-gon's and Maul's busts being announced?

Sure it's not the Star Wars many of us first knew and grew up with. But it's grown on me. I have a new found appreciation for both characters. And the movie itself has greater meaning in the grand scale of things especialy with the revalation near the end of ROTS.

Sorry couldn't help waxing nostalgic there. I guess I'm an old softy...

sal,

I was thinking the same thing. Going to watch TPM this weekend (for the first time in years) and see if I like it any better.

Turbowars
05-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah I must say I do like TPM better now after the sags has ended. Maul has grown on me over the years as well. I put him up there with Boba Fett and the bad @ss dudes of the saga, even though they both went out before there time. I would had loved to see maul in AOTC and ROTS. :cry:

bighead5
06-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Yeah the more I look at this pose the more I love it. I really wish GG would have chosen this Mini Bust instead of Qui-Gon to do as a holographic variant considering the hologram of Maul in TPM was actually posed this way.

Speaking of the holographic Qui-Gon bust, does anyone know where or when it will be available? I haven't seen it on GG's web site, which leads me to believe it will be an exclusive but I can't figure out where. Any help would be great! :thumbsup:

2-1B
06-08-2006, 03:34 AM
I'm with you guys on the nostalgia thing, it's odd because I was just thinking about it tonight...TPM is my least favorite of the prequels but I do like many things about it. I've been watching ROTS a lot on HBO so I was thinking back to AOTC and especially TPM since I haven't watched that one since November.

My nostalgia has nothing to do with the QGJ and DM busts but they sure are sweet lookin' :thumbsup:

Hellboy, I had the same thought about this Maul being a perfect choice for a hologram. :)

Darth Instigator
06-08-2006, 06:09 AM
its nice but I prefer statues with the entire body, why half? I will probably get it still but....

Turbowars
06-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Speaking of the holographic Qui-Gon bust, does anyone know where or when it will be available? I haven't seen it on GG's web site, which leads me to believe it will be an exclusive but I can't figure out where. Any help would be great! :thumbsup:Recently GG stated that the Holo Gui Gon was strictly just for display purposes and they have no intensions to produce him at anytime. BUT we all know that's a bunch of crap, so it will probably be an exclusive in the next year or so.

bighead5
06-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Recently GG stated that the Holo Gui Gon was strictly just for display purposes and they have no intensions to produce him at anytime. BUT we all know that's a bunch of crap, so it will probably be an exclusive in the next year or so.

Thanks for letting me know, Turbowars, I appreciate it! :thumbsup:

I agree that a holo Maul would be way cool and I'd be all over it, but I'll buy any bust they make just because I have to have them all... except the holiday edition ones that are just too ridiculously priced on the secondary market.

Turbowars
06-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey, no problem.

Yeah there's a few I will never have as well, but really the X-mas ones aren't that great. Not says I don't want them, but I will live. Same thing kind of goes with the BlackHole. I will be ****ed if I don't get it, but I will get over it.:yes: